[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Frank Ntilikina...
Author Thread
nixluva
Posts: 54053
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
9/10/2017  10:30 PM
Still growing? He just looks taller than he seemed before the draft.


I know he's filled out some for sure.

I know it's hard to gauge but he seems like he could have grown a bit. Either way the kid has good size and length. Soon enough we can really see him on the court with the team.

AUTOADVERT
Gudris
Posts: 20465
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

9/11/2017  3:41 AM
Men can grow until 24-25
SupremeCommander
Posts: 31590
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

9/11/2017  9:23 AM
Gudris wrote:Men can grow until 24-25

I was 6' heading into middle school
6'2" when i graduated high school
6'4" a couple years after college (can't remember if 23 or 24)

Jimmy D w/o a straight shot said: In two hours, [Jackson] taught me basketball, and I learned I know nothing about basketball
GustavBahler
Posts: 32321
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

9/11/2017  9:24 AM
He's wearing a sweatshirt under a jacket. I cant tell. Im more focused more on hopefully seeing Frank's game translating effectively to the NBA, than I am about him bulking up right now.
Vmart
Posts: 30301
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
9/11/2017  9:28 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Gudris wrote:Men can grow until 24-25

I was 6' heading into middle school
6'2" when i graduated high school
6'4" a couple years after college (can't remember if 23 or 24)

What was your diet? I want to feed my kid what ever you were eating.

Knixkik
Posts: 28264
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
9/11/2017  9:38 AM
It's possible his listed height wasn't accurate. Maybe he's 6'5 without shoes instead of with. He looks 6'6 to me.
GustavBahler
Posts: 32321
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

9/11/2017  9:43 AM
Vmart wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Gudris wrote:Men can grow until 24-25

I was 6' heading into middle school
6'2" when i graduated high school
6'4" a couple years after college (can't remember if 23 or 24)

What was your diet? I want to feed my kid what ever you were eating.

I saw this European study years ago that found that kids who did a lot of jumping in their youth had a better chance of growing taller.

I grew about 5 inches in high school to 6'4. Went to a grammar school that made kids do a lot of jumprope which I believe the study focused on. I dont know if thats been disproven since then. Might be worth looking into.

SupremeCommander
Posts: 31590
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

9/11/2017  10:02 AM
Vmart wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Gudris wrote:Men can grow until 24-25

I was 6' heading into middle school
6'2" when i graduated high school
6'4" a couple years after college (can't remember if 23 or 24)

What was your diet? I want to feed my kid what ever you were eating.

lmao - I will say I (used) to exercise a lot, but nothing too crazy... 8 to 12 rep exercises, running, and sports... in high school I thought I was going to study nutritional science... until it was pointed out to me that I'd probably end up working in a gym. But when I didn't have an ativity, was at the ymca playing basketball, racquetball, or some other sport with a ball. I think when you are that active you eat a lot

I always ate a relatively healthy diet... in high school I ate lots of lean protein, fruit, vegetables and mostly drank water (and booze) - I graduated HS in NJ in 2001... you weren't dating anyone that was good looking unless you were in shape... I think the times have changed somewhat... band and the school play are things that cool kids can do these days

college, well, that was a period of having no money, but I think my focus shifted from what the inputs were, to WHEN I had a protein shake, when I ate my canned tuna, etc... also I slept an awful lot in college... I had a lot of fun, but I never scheduled a class before 11am unless there was no other option

now I eat a lot of pizza and wings, but it's more difficult to notice my chunk on the extra inches

Jimmy D w/o a straight shot said: In two hours, [Jackson] taught me basketball, and I learned I know nothing about basketball
SupremeCommander
Posts: 31590
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

9/11/2017  10:07 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Gudris wrote:Men can grow until 24-25

I was 6' heading into middle school
6'2" when i graduated high school
6'4" a couple years after college (can't remember if 23 or 24)

What was your diet? I want to feed my kid what ever you were eating.

I saw this European study years ago that found that kids who did a lot of jumping in their youth had a better chance of growing taller.

I grew about 5 inches in high school to 6'4. Went to a grammar school that made kids do a lot of jumprope which I believe the study focused on. I dont know if thats been disproven since then. Might be worth looking into.

in many more words I basically just described that I jumped an awful lot in my youth... when I wasn't busy with school or activities, I was at my local y playing 2 hours of sports/exercising a day... I was generally there Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday for two hours a pop, and half of that time was playing a sport

in college, I played rugby, club baseball, flag football, rec basketball, racquetball and I'm probably forgetting some others... even if I wasn't jumping up and down, you are jumping laterally quite frequently

Jimmy D w/o a straight shot said: In two hours, [Jackson] taught me basketball, and I learned I know nothing about basketball
Vmart
Posts: 30301
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
9/11/2017  10:18 AM
What about genetic factors were your parents tall, grand parents? Just asking.
GustavBahler
Posts: 32321
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

9/11/2017  10:21 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Gudris wrote:Men can grow until 24-25

I was 6' heading into middle school
6'2" when i graduated high school
6'4" a couple years after college (can't remember if 23 or 24)

What was your diet? I want to feed my kid what ever you were eating.

I saw this European study years ago that found that kids who did a lot of jumping in their youth had a better chance of growing taller.

I grew about 5 inches in high school to 6'4. Went to a grammar school that made kids do a lot of jumprope which I believe the study focused on. I dont know if thats been disproven since then. Might be worth looking into.

in many more words I basically just described that I jumped an awful lot in my youth... when I wasn't busy with school or activities, I was at my local y playing 2 hours of sports/exercising a day... I was generally there Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday for two hours a pop, and half of that time was playing a sport

in college, I played rugby, club baseball, flag football, rec basketball, racquetball and I'm probably forgetting some others... even if I wasn't jumping up and down, you are jumping laterally quite frequently

Wasn't the cross trainer you were, but in high school it was mostly BBall every free period I could manage, and on the weekends. That and running races with the NY Road Runners club. It does help.

fishmike
Posts: 47216
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
9/11/2017  12:25 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Gudris wrote:Men can grow until 24-25

I was 6' heading into middle school
6'2" when i graduated high school
6'4" a couple years after college (can't remember if 23 or 24)

this was me as well. I had a physical at the end of my junior year. I was 6'0 even right before my 17th birthday. 2 years later I was 6'4 by age 19. Dad was 6'0 and mom was 5'9 so no shorties but I am easily the tallest in my fam
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
EnySpree
Posts: 43328
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

9/11/2017  12:46 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Gudris wrote:Men can grow until 24-25

I was 6' heading into middle school
6'2" when i graduated high school
6'4" a couple years after college (can't remember if 23 or 24)

this was me as well. I had a physical at the end of my junior year. I was 6'0 even right before my 17th birthday. 2 years later I was 6'4 by age 19. Dad was 6'0 and mom was 5'9 so no shorties but I am easily the tallest in my fam

I been 5' 10" since I was 13 so everyone here can go to hell!

Freaking doctor said I was going to be 6'2"-6'4"... so science sucks. Excuse my bitterness

You know why I'm here....
Vmart
Posts: 30301
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
9/11/2017  1:55 PM
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Gudris wrote:Men can grow until 24-25

I was 6' heading into middle school
6'2" when i graduated high school
6'4" a couple years after college (can't remember if 23 or 24)

this was me as well. I had a physical at the end of my junior year. I was 6'0 even right before my 17th birthday. 2 years later I was 6'4 by age 19. Dad was 6'0 and mom was 5'9 so no shorties but I am easily the tallest in my fam

I been 5' 10" since I was 13 so everyone here can go to hell!

Freaking doctor said I was going to be 6'2"-6'4"... so science sucks. Excuse my bitterness

Dude what are you complaining about when I was 13 my doctor told me I was going to be 5'3. My mom started to cry. Luckily I ended up being 5'9.

KP4Life
Posts: 20092
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/16/2015
Member: #6117
USA
9/11/2017  2:10 PM
I was 6 ft 3 inches tall by the time I was freshman in hs but never grew after that. Everybody thought I was gonna be like 6 ft 8.
TheGame
Posts: 25078
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/15/2006
Member: #1154
USA
9/11/2017  2:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/11/2017  2:26 PM
Frank looks at least 6'6" and I suspect that he will get up to 6'7"-6'8" by the time he stops growing. The kid is only 19. Most men are still growing at that point and given his long arms, I suspect his height will catch-up to his arm length over the next two years.
Playoffs or bust
nixluva
Posts: 54053
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
9/11/2017  2:44 PM
TheGame wrote:Frank looks at least 6'6" and I suspect that he will get up to 6'7"-6'8" by the time he stops growing. The kid is only 19. Most men are still growing at that point and given his long arms, I suspect his height will catch-up to his arm length over the next two years.

Yeah it's possible. Simmons grew some so as young as Frank is there's still room for a bit more growth.

NYKBocker
Posts: 35145
Alba Posts: 471
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
9/11/2017  4:17 PM
When I first got to the states I was 5'3" at 14 years old. My 1st summer here my aunt fed us nothing but steak and I drank a lot of milk. In 3 months I went from 5'3" to 5'10". I am now 6'1". I think my body had that steroid shock from the food here :-) I am filipino and my mom was 5'2" and dad is 5'8". Go figure.
blkexec
Posts: 24059
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
9/11/2017  4:19 PM
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Gudris wrote:Men can grow until 24-25

I was 6' heading into middle school
6'2" when i graduated high school
6'4" a couple years after college (can't remember if 23 or 24)

this was me as well. I had a physical at the end of my junior year. I was 6'0 even right before my 17th birthday. 2 years later I was 6'4 by age 19. Dad was 6'0 and mom was 5'9 so no shorties but I am easily the tallest in my fam

I been 5' 10" since I was 13 so everyone here can go to hell!

Freaking doctor said I was going to be 6'2"-6'4"... so science sucks. Excuse my bitterness

Same here....5'10 in HS....suppose to be 6'2

30 yrs later, I'm 5'11....in basketball shoes I'm 6ft even.

But if your mom is 5'9, then chances are the boys will be tall. It's all about the mothers height, and 5'9 is above the average height.

My wife is 5'7 with bothers 6'2
My fathers brothers and his father are 6'2 and taller
My mothers brothers are 6'2 and taller

I got two boys.....I'm still waiting for my 12 yr old to hit a growth spurt. He's average height. But his quarter back in 7th grade football is my height. That's not exercise or food....That's his father and especially his mothers height / genes.

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
nixluva
Posts: 54053
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
9/11/2017  4:35 PM
blkexec wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Gudris wrote:Men can grow until 24-25

I was 6' heading into middle school
6'2" when i graduated high school
6'4" a couple years after college (can't remember if 23 or 24)

this was me as well. I had a physical at the end of my junior year. I was 6'0 even right before my 17th birthday. 2 years later I was 6'4 by age 19. Dad was 6'0 and mom was 5'9 so no shorties but I am easily the tallest in my fam

I been 5' 10" since I was 13 so everyone here can go to hell!

Freaking doctor said I was going to be 6'2"-6'4"... so science sucks. Excuse my bitterness

Same here....5'10 in HS....suppose to be 6'2

30 yrs later, I'm 5'11....in basketball shoes I'm 6ft even.

But if your mom is 5'9, then chances are the boys will be tall. It's all about the mothers height, and 5'9 is above the average height.

My wife is 5'7 with bothers 6'2
My fathers brothers and his father are 6'2 and taller
My mothers brothers are 6'2 and taller

I got two boys.....I'm still waiting for my 12 yr old to hit a growth spurt. He's average height. But his quarter back in 7th grade football is my height. That's not exercise or food....That's his father and especially his mothers height / genes.

Yeah I'm 5-10 and I thought I'd make it to 6' . Thing is my Grandfather was 5-6! My Dad was 5-7! I think this height came from my Mom's side. My Sons got robbed. 5-9 and 5-8 probably cuz my wife is only 5' LOL. My Grandkids should have a chance cuz my sons married tall girls. I'll check back in 15 to 20 years LOL.

Is Frank Ntilikina...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.