[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Evidence Melo was the one behind KP missing his exit meeting..
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/30/2017  12:40 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:How about simply

One of the worst defensive players in the league
Ball stopper
Declining skills and production
Still thinks he's on the best players in the NBA

Ahhh! Run! Haters!

This is really silly

Bingo. I don't care about Melo's possible role in a missed meeting. There are far bigger problems involving him.
exactly... play some defense and pass the ball. He does that and people on this board will be happy with that. Sure a couple will hate and a couple others will polish his golden mooby. The majority will just be happy to see good basketball.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
8/30/2017  12:46 PM
The narrative was that KP skipped the exit meeting due to the dysfunctional environment that wasn't conductive to winning created by Phil Jackson. Melo was accused of possibly influencing him to not respecting the leadership in place.

If the story is now KP skipped the exit meeting due to JH giving him tough love. Should a thread also be made dedicated to exonerate Phil from the narrative of KP skipping exit meeting due to him?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/30/2017  1:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Ball stopper

Ahhh! Run! Haters!

This is really silly

This sounds like the opinion of a jealous fat guy with no athletic ability, trying to show he knows anything about basketball? You dont hit me as one. Sometimes you seem to be the guy that only defends his forum reputation and previous posts. Ie. Melo, Noah, Phil, Dennis Smith JR, Grant, Timmy. The list keeps growing.

You do realize I am not defending Melo. I am calling out mindless fans that resort to middle School player scapegoating theory. Or the Lin/Gallo lovers that can't move on. My point has always been the same. The real issue and reason we have/will not be successful is not ONE player but the ownership and fromt office. But you keep acting like a spoiled middle school kid in the sidelines of a basketball game and point out all of Melo's flaws.

this sounds like the opinion of a dumb jock who understands Melo "brings it" and takes care of "his boys" and everyone else are just punk book worms and skinny stat nerds who dont understand that real men on the court are the ones that make it all happen in the first place. You seem to think I have some agenda I am pushing here and you rarely seem to read what I actually write. You seem to focus on your train of thought and ignore what is actually written.

You sure do spend a lot of time defending Melo, followed by posts saying your not defending Melo.

Sometimes you seem to be the guy that only defends his forum reputation and previous posts. Ie. Melo, Noah, Phil, Dennis Smith JR, Grant, Timmy. The list keeps growing.
I have no idea what this means, nor do I really care. My reputation? I come here to talk about the team. Im not aware of an Ultimate Knicks score card indicating all my great posts.

Ball stopper
So which of these are false? Or make me fat and unathletic?

you took a thread on kp's reason for an exit meeting, and responded by talking about melo(but failed to mention his name)

In so many words it's like saying, never mind KP, JH, or anyone for the matter, melo is this, melo is that, melo is the reason for everything wrong..maybe that wasn't your intentions, but is sure came across that way.

Simple really.
Look at the wins and loses. Then look that our best player is 33 years old and the rest are 10 years younger.
Then you consider that to develop them you need to find more shots for them. Also remove a ball stopper player to increase the uptempo game.
And.......he eats a lot of salary!! THe future is not now.
Call him what ever you want, but Melo is his name.

"There was a ball stopper cap eater and he has a name and Melo is his name O.....M-E-L-O, M-E-L-O, M-E-L-O and Melo was his name, O."

That was cheap, but just look at wins and loses.............

but he has a ntc..end of story

The story is over when he is traded. That is the story. The discussion evolved into justification.

Fish,
I think the title was meant for sarcastic effect. Since we blame everything on Melo, this article (naturally we digest it as fact)scientifically proves Melo was not the cause of "MissGate".

anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
8/30/2017  1:32 PM
if Honry is so terrible, why is he still the coach?
knicks1248
Member: #582
8/30/2017  2:13 PM
anrst wrote:if Honry is so terrible, why is he still the coach?

because the knicks (phil) would look even dumber if he fired his 3rd coach in as many yrs..

but this will be his last yr if we don't improve significantly...ask blatt

ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/30/2017  2:24 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Ball stopper

Ahhh! Run! Haters!

This is really silly

This sounds like the opinion of a jealous fat guy with no athletic ability, trying to show he knows anything about basketball? You dont hit me as one. Sometimes you seem to be the guy that only defends his forum reputation and previous posts. Ie. Melo, Noah, Phil, Dennis Smith JR, Grant, Timmy. The list keeps growing.

You do realize I am not defending Melo. I am calling out mindless fans that resort to middle School player scapegoating theory. Or the Lin/Gallo lovers that can't move on. My point has always been the same. The real issue and reason we have/will not be successful is not ONE player but the ownership and fromt office. But you keep acting like a spoiled middle school kid in the sidelines of a basketball game and point out all of Melo's flaws.

this sounds like the opinion of a dumb jock who understands Melo "brings it" and takes care of "his boys" and everyone else are just punk book worms and skinny stat nerds who dont understand that real men on the court are the ones that make it all happen in the first place. You seem to think I have some agenda I am pushing here and you rarely seem to read what I actually write. You seem to focus on your train of thought and ignore what is actually written.

You sure do spend a lot of time defending Melo, followed by posts saying your not defending Melo.

Sometimes you seem to be the guy that only defends his forum reputation and previous posts. Ie. Melo, Noah, Phil, Dennis Smith JR, Grant, Timmy. The list keeps growing.
I have no idea what this means, nor do I really care. My reputation? I come here to talk about the team. Im not aware of an Ultimate Knicks score card indicating all my great posts.

Ball stopper

you took a thread on kp's reason for an exit meeting, and responded by talking about melo(but failed to mention his name)

In so many words it's like saying, never mind KP, JH, or anyone for the matter, melo is this, melo is that, melo is the reason for everything wrong..maybe that wasn't your intentions, but is sure came across that way.

Simple really.
Look at the wins and loses. Then look that our best player is 33 years old and the rest are 10 years younger.
Then you consider that to develop them you need to find more shots for them. Also remove a ball stopper player to increase the uptempo game.
And.......he eats a lot of salary!! THe future is not now.
Call him what ever you want, but Melo is his name.

"There was a ball stopper cap eater and he has a name and Melo is his name O.....M-E-L-O, M-E-L-O, M-E-L-O and Melo was his name, O."

That was cheap, but just look at wins and loses.............

Okay, I'll play; how many games have we won without Melo on the floor recently?.......wins and losses...

"Old UK had a farm, Gee I really hate Mel-O, I'm a frustrated fan boy_O, Gee I really hate Mel-O, I'll just be happy when he's gone, gee I really hate Mel-O, so all I can do is passive aggressive beeyatching, Gee I really hate Mel-O"

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/30/2017  2:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2017  3:57 PM
Melo is offended by Phil, Phil is offended by fans, KP is offended by Horny, fans are offended by Dolan...
What a bunch of touchy p...s in one place called the Mecca Of basketball.
I was a big hater of Isiah and Step... but at least this folks were man which were crying being offended by anyone.
We need more MAN in this organization. All man now on Liberty site, even Libert ywomen are more man that everyone associated with Knicks.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

8/30/2017  4:08 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Not sure what the point of this thread was. Most people agree that Melo didn't have anything to do with KP skipping the meeting. In fact most people feel melo has handled things pretty well. I'm not the biggest Melo fan but even I have said that Melo still did the right thing by going to the exit meeting and talking to phil despite the friction. I actually blasted KP despite being a big fan of his because I thought he was acting babyish.

True Starks...not for you. You always seem to have a fair take. Not so much for the haters making everything about Melo. Figured why not add to their enjoyment. Although, it was said by many of them that the reason KP missed the exit Melo's influence. As for KP being a *****. Hope that is wrong. NOt a good way to motivate your young star. Other ways to get that point accross.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
8/30/2017  4:17 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Not sure what the point of this thread was. Most people agree that Melo didn't have anything to do with KP skipping the meeting. In fact most people feel melo has handled things pretty well. I'm not the biggest Melo fan but even I have said that Melo still did the right thing by going to the exit meeting and talking to phil despite the friction. I actually blasted KP despite being a big fan of his because I thought he was acting babyish.

True Starks...not for you. You always seem to have a fair take. Not so much for the haters making everything about Melo. Figured why not add to their enjoyment. Although, it was said by many of them that the reason KP missed the exit Melo's influence. As for KP being a *****. Hope that is wrong. NOt a good way to motivate your young star. Other ways to get that point accross.

yup, especially when your relaying it through a 3rd party..but he does play very passive, aggressive.. vicious put back dunks, but gets pushed around in the paint by guards.

That's why I have no faith in this coaching staff to develop anyone. Rambis yells, and JH talks through 3rd parties to get his message across..is that what were looking fwd to.

ES
HofstraBBall

8/30/2017  4:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2017  4:48 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Ball stopper

Ahhh! Run! Haters!

This is really silly

Ball stopper

I meant Fat with a PH!

Dont know what the rant about "his boys are" Dumb jock? Im so offended. More like Smart succesful jock.

There is a score card on here. For guys that dont own up when proven wrong. Noah-Wrong, Phil and Trinagle-Wrong. THjr (When traded being inferior to Grant)-Wrong. Grant-Wrong. Frank better than Smith Jr.- TBD.

I'll Defend any good Knick player that hater fans try to pin all our problems on. KP is next. But why have you crossed off all uyour previous gripes about Melo off your list? Bad team mate, leader, unable to be an all around player, main reason why we suck.

Worst defensive players in the league. Another arm chair opinion. Btw. Most important defensive stat is Team defense. But you would know that cuz you played.
Any post up player is a ball stopper. But you played so you know that.
Declining skills. Yes he is 33. However he is only One season removed from DAD Melo. But that was so long ago.
Thinks he is the best player in the league. All good players have to think that to be able to hit pressure shots. But you would know that.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

8/30/2017  4:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2017  4:49 PM
Vmart wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Ball stopper

Ahhh! Run! Haters!

This is really silly

All opinioms from jist another fat guy with no athletic ability trying to show he knows anything about basketball. One who only defends his dorim repitation and previous positiins on it. Ie. Melo, Noah, Phil, Dennis Smith JR, Grant, Timmy. The list keeps growing.

The part you don't see die to your obsession with Melo, defending your on record posts, is that I am not defending Melo. I am calling out mindless fans that resort to middle School player scapegoating theory. Or the Lin/Gallo lovers that can't move on. My point has always been the same.
The real issue and reason we have/will not be successful is not ONE player but the ownership and fromt office. But you keep acting like a spoiled middle school kid in the sidelines of a basketball game and point out all of Melo's flaws.

I often wonder if you will be able to move on from Melo? I feel bad for you guys I really do you have a pseudo-star holding the basketball and team hostage. Melo should go but the ingrained mentality of Melo won't allow it. He is a disinterested player a content player who isn't motivated enough to win or to change his game for the betterment of team play. Simply put Melo's ego doesn't allow him to see himself.

Melo suffers from delusion of grandeur. I can't see how a player that shoots 43% from the floor is your best player. The worst team shooting percentage was Memphis at 43.6 percent that means Melo put the team in dire straits. That mean the other player with 68 shots to them had to carry Melo's piss poor shooting. To me Melo is more a burden on the team than super star. He isn't Bernard King or Pat Ewing he doesn't leave it all out on the floor.

I really don't care if Melo goes or stays all I know is I want to limit his minutes. 15-20 minutes is tops.

It will be easy for me to move on from Melo. Haters will just attach themselves to putting down another player on the team. Cuz haters need to hate to create a scape goat and make themselves feel better about themselves. Think it has already started with KP.

43% shooting. True. He takes too many bad shots. Specially when everyone else folds under pressure and hands him the ball with a couple of seconds on the shot clock. But your right, I dont like his shot selection at times. Think he should stick to mid range game.

I hope he goes. Time for young guys to prove themselves and build something. And for him to have a shot on a good team.

HofstraBBall

8/30/2017  4:41 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:The narrative was that KP skipped the exit meeting due to the dysfunctional environment that wasn't conductive to winning created by Phil Jackson. Melo was accused of possibly influencing him to not respecting the leadership in place.

If the story is now KP skipped the exit meeting due to JH giving him tough love. Should a thread also be made dedicated to exonerate Phil from the narrative of KP skipping exit meeting due to him?

True. Think it gives insight to Phil not being the cause of exit meeting issue. But feel Phil had many other issues. In regards to KP, putting him on in trade conversations.

HofstraBBall

8/30/2017  4:45 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

yup, especially when your relaying it through a 3rd party..but he does play very passive, aggressive.. vicious put back dunks, but gets pushed around in the paint by guards.

That's why I have no faith in this coaching staff to develop anyone. Rambis yells, and JH talks through 3rd parties to get his message across..is that what were looking fwd to.

True. I was critical of him at first but he is what he is. He is not a bruiser type player. He is a outside shooting 7 footer. But think he is very talented and if given the help around him (Players that can help make up for his deficiensies) he will be fine and a good player to have on a winning team.

knicks1248
8/30/2017  4:56 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

True. I was critical of him at first but he is what he is. He is not a bruiser type player. He is a outside shooting 7 footer. But think he is very talented and if given the help around him (Players that can help make up for his deficiensies) he will be fine and a good player to have on a winning team.

absolutely, I have been saying that his progress is going to base on the coaching and who they have around him.

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
8/30/2017  5:07 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:The narrative was that KP skipped the exit meeting due to the dysfunctional environment that wasn't conductive to winning created by Phil Jackson. Melo was accused of possibly influencing him to not respecting the leadership in place.

True. Think it gives insight to Phil not being the cause of exit meeting issue. But feel Phil had many other issues. In regards to KP, putting him on in trade conversations.

I dont think any of this had to do with KP missing the exit meeting personally. The best explainaation given that I have heard so far is that KP did so so he can play this summer in Europe for his Latvian national team. Which the Knicks didn't really want him to participate in.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
8/30/2017  6:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2017  6:51 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Vmart wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Ball stopper

Ahhh! Run! Haters!

This is really silly

All opinioms from jist another fat guy with no athletic ability trying to show he knows anything about basketball. One who only defends his dorim repitation and previous positiins on it. Ie. Melo, Noah, Phil, Dennis Smith JR, Grant, Timmy. The list keeps growing.

The part you don't see die to your obsession with Melo, defending your on record posts, is that I am not defending Melo. I am calling out mindless fans that resort to middle School player scapegoating theory. Or the Lin/Gallo lovers that can't move on. My point has always been the same.
The real issue and reason we have/will not be successful is not ONE player but the ownership and fromt office. But you keep acting like a spoiled middle school kid in the sidelines of a basketball game and point out all of Melo's flaws.

I often wonder if you will be able to move on from Melo? I feel bad for you guys I really do you have a pseudo-star holding the basketball and team hostage. Melo should go but the ingrained mentality of Melo won't allow it. He is a disinterested player a content player who isn't motivated enough to win or to change his game for the betterment of team play. Simply put Melo's ego doesn't allow him to see himself.

Melo suffers from delusion of grandeur. I can't see how a player that shoots 43% from the floor is your best player. The worst team shooting percentage was Memphis at 43.6 percent that means Melo put the team in dire straits. That mean the other player with 68 shots to them had to carry Melo's piss poor shooting. To me Melo is more a burden on the team than super star. He isn't Bernard King or Pat Ewing he doesn't leave it all out on the floor.

I really don't care if Melo goes or stays all I know is I want to limit his minutes. 15-20 minutes is tops.

It will be easy for me to move on from Melo. Haters will just attach themselves to putting down another player on the team. Cuz haters need to hate to create a scape goat and make themselves feel better about themselves. Think it has already started with KP.

43% shooting. True. He takes too many bad shots. Specially when everyone else folds under pressure and hands him the ball with a couple of seconds on the shot clock. But your right, I dont like his shot selection at times. Think he should stick to mid range game.

I hope he goes. Time for young guys to prove themselves and build something. And for him to have a shot on a good team.

You just scapegoated the entire team to protect Melo. One thing you shouldn't do is blame other for Melo's shot cumming. He takes bad shot regardless of who is on the floor.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/30/2017  7:39 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Or Not..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2730375-kristaps-porzingis-reportedly-skipped-exit-meeting-due-to-jeff-hornacek-issues.amp.html

Voted most liked.
Never said a word against Phil.
Never demanded trade.

What is Meloshouldgo and other haters going to next?
Oh yeah, the fact he is not a leader. Cuz haters are in the locker room.

it comes right out of the passive aggressive handbook melo wrote
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/31/2017  12:52 AM
KP is a ***** until proven otherwise
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/31/2017  1:09 AM
It's the twilight zone
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

8/31/2017  6:42 AM

Said this many times. As time goes on most fans will realize how good Phil did for the Knicks. Getting us Porzingis, Willy, Frank. Showing the front office the importance of valuing the draft. Not giving in and making it all about the star player. KP and Melo may be the team's stars, but it does not mean they should run the show.

We need to find a solution with Melo and then move on. This team can do much more without the constant Melo drama around the team.

Evidence Melo was the one behind KP missing his exit meeting..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy