Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/27/2004  8:53 AM
From realgm wiretap
T.J. Ford's Cautious Recovery 08/26 -
3:55 AM
T.J. Ford is on a long road to recovery from spinal-cord stenosis surgery, which he had on May 5th. Ford suffered the injury on Feb. 24th in a game versus Minnesota when he slammed into the floor after a drive, landing square on his tailbone and his skull hitting the hardwood.

Team doctors initally believed the injury was a bruise to the spinal cord, but when it failed to heal as quickly as expected, it became evident that surgery would be needed.

He’s recovering in Houston, taking things very slowly. He is unable to run, shoot, or lift weights yet.

“Right now I’m just rehabbing,” Ford told the Austin American-Statesman. “I’m just working to get my body parts stronger, so I won’t have to worry about that type of injury again. I have to make sure I’m 100 percent. I have to heal right.”

The slow recovery means Ford is unlikely to return in time for the start of training camp in October. Ford can’t say when he will be ready to play, only that the doctors says he is recovering on schedule.

AUTOADVERT
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #737
USA
8/27/2004  8:56 AM
too bad.... Ford is one of the Buck's best players.
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
Bonn1997
USA
8/27/2004  8:59 AM
Posted by MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK:

too bad.... Ford is one of the Buck's best players.
Yeah, I thought he had a great future in the league. He still might, but his slow progress is alarming. The fact that he's still unable to shoot, run, or lift weights is a very bad sign.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
8/27/2004  9:30 AM
We'll have to wait and see what happens. The truth is that it was a real bad injury, but hopefully he can recover. It's a very difficult situation, but when he does come back, I think he may still be able to attain the level he was at previously.
Bonn1997
USA
8/27/2004  9:34 AM
Posted by Solace:

We'll have to wait and see what happens. The truth is that it was a real bad injury, but hopefully he can recover. It's a very difficult situation, but when he does come back, I think he may still be able to attain the level he was at previously.
If I were a Bucks fan, I would have been really exceited about what Ford had shown his rookie year, but now I'd be really concerned.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
8/27/2004  9:40 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:

If I were a Bucks fan, I would have been really exceited about what Ford had shown his rookie year, but now I'd be really concerned.

Without a doubt. I'd be very nervous as a Bucks fan. I'm trying to keep the positives in mind, though.

A best case could look somewhat different. For arguments sake, say Ford is out most of the year, and another one of their big guns (Smith, Redd, Van Horn, Mason, etc...) also goes down for a while during the season. They lose 55 games, get a top 3 pick (big man), Ford and the aforementioned player come back at 100% next year, while the pick turns out to be a star.

IMHO, that's the kind of boost a team like the Bucks needs to really catapult themselves. Otherwise, I just can't see the Bucks contending for a LONG time, which is a shame.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/27/2004  9:59 AM
they will still be ok... they play good team ball and seem to play well as a unit. The KVH trade was goo for them. I think TT is better late in games and is a better finisher but KVH will give them more overall production which they need.

Ford was a risk when they drafted him. He had neck problems in school and guys that are 5'9 and 155 pounds arent built to last in the NBA
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
8/27/2004  10:30 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:

If i were TJ Ford, I'd be really concerned. man that sucks bad for him, hope he'll get through it and be able to play at high level again, he seemed to be a very good pg in the making.
TJ Ford's cautious recovery

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy