[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ot Texas
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/27/2017  8:39 AM
These people are under siege. This will be the worst weather disaster in modern history. I've followed this the whole time and it's just gotten worse. These people are trapped-- they needed to be evacuated.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/27/2017  9:19 AM
Have relatives in Galveston, trying to find out if they are OK. This is going to be a slow motion disaster.
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

8/27/2017  1:55 PM
BRIGGS wrote:These people are under siege. This will be the worst weather disaster in modern history. I've followed this the whole time and it's just gotten worse. These people are trapped-- they needed to be evacuated.

define "worst"

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
Member: #883
8/27/2017  2:39 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:These people are under siege. This will be the worst weather disaster in modern history. I've followed this the whole time and it's just gotten worse. These people are trapped-- they needed to be evacuated.

define "worst"

Worst: highly affecting white Americans

BRIGGS
8/27/2017  2:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

Omg you obnoxious loser. I haven't shot anything personal towards anyone-- but you seem to feel free to take ludicrous pop shots at me based on absolutely nothing. Don't be a dweeb-- this is a once in a multi generational storm that we have not seen and hopefully will not see again. This is affecting millions of people and really the whole US. This is not a ****ing joking matter idiot

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/27/2017  3:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2017  3:12 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

Omg you obnoxious loser. I haven't shot anything personal towards anyone-- but you seem to feel free to take ludicrous pop shots at me based on absolutely nothing.

Calling black people complainers, scary, hateful and violent isn't personal?

Don't be a dweeb-- this is a once in a multi generational storm that we have not seen and hopefully will not see again. This is affecting millions of people and really the whole US. This is not a ****ing joking matter idiot

This is horrific. Any loss of life and property is horrific.

Has anyone characterized this as demonstratively worse than Katrina?

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

8/27/2017  3:32 PM

You probably should've voted for a Presidential candidate that believed in climate change and was willing to do something about it. Because these weather patterns will become the new standard.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/27/2017  3:37 PM
NardDogNation wrote:

You probably should've voted for a Presidential candidate that believed in climate change and was willing to do something about it. Because these weather patterns will become the new standard.

Human factors increasing flood risk: urbanisation, because towns and cities have more impermeable surfaces. deforestation, because removing trees reduces the amount of water intercepted and increases run-off.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
8/27/2017  3:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2017  3:49 PM
Some people have some kind of short circuit in their brains...
Anything that happening is political and Trumps fault.
He was probably the main reason for sun eclipse...
The storm is a much bigger issue for pure people of all kind who will be hardest hit as usual.
It's a shame that we as a country cannot invest in safety infrastructure for most vulnerable areas.
This were the government investment should go not in bailing out failing corporations and providing millions of useless government jobs.
US leadership suck big time all Dems, Reps, Obamas and Trumps including. Bunch of useless losers.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
NardDogNation

8/27/2017  3:43 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Human factors increasing flood risk: urbanisation, because towns and cities have more impermeable surfaces. deforestation, because removing trees reduces the amount of water intercepted and increases run-off.

Raising livestock the way we do and burning fossil fuels are the primary factors for climate change...but I'm not sure what is your underlying point.

NardDogNation

8/27/2017  3:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2017  3:49 PM
arkrud wrote:Some people have some kind of short circuit in their brains...

The storm is a much bigger issue for pure people of all kind who will be hardest hit as usual.
It's a shame that we as a country cannot invest in safety infrastructure for most vulnerable areas.
This were the government investment should go not in bailing out failing corporation and providing millions of useless government jobs.
US leadership suck big time all Dems, Reps, Obamas and Trumps including. Bunch of useless losers.

Everything you just mentioned that is exacerbating the situation (e.g. political parties sucking, tax dollars being misappropriated, lack of infrastructure) is rooted in politics. Yet, in the same breathe, you are criticizing people who think politics is central to this disaster. Quite a bit of irony with you.

arkrud
USA
8/27/2017  3:55 PM
NardDogNation wrote:

This were the government investment should go not in bailing out failing corporation and providing millions of useless government jobs.

Everything you just mentioned that is exacerbating the situation (e.g. political parties sucking, tax dollars being misappropriated, lack of infrastructure) is rooted in politics. Yet, in the same breathe, you are criticizing people who think politics is central to this disaster. Quite a bit of irony with you.

My point was again that placing blame on any of specific politicians is ironic by itself.
They do not differ from each other in being interested only in their own political capital not the needs of those whom they should represent.
The system of governing is corrupt in general and became some kind of corporation to get profits and guarantied income for doing nothing.
And as all sides are one big mafia there is no accountability.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
NardDogNation

8/27/2017  4:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2017  4:02 PM
arkrud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

My point was again that placing blame on any of specific politicians is ironic by itself.
They do not differ from each other in being interested only in their own political capital not the needs of those whom they should represent.
The system of governing is corrupt in general and became some kind of corporation to get profits and guarantied income for doing nothing.

I don't think you understand the meaning of "irony". That aside, any one individual or any group that champions stupidity with regards to environmental regulations deserves blame for this. Polticially, only Republicans fit the bill.

Besides, let's not kid ourselves into thinking that a guy like BRIGGS doesn't vote a straight-ticket that uniformly denies climate change and cuts research to understand its scope.

BRIGGS
8/27/2017  4:18 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I don't think you understand the meaning of "irony". That aside, any one individual or any group that champions stupidity with regards to environmental regulations deserves blame for this. Polticially, only Republicans fit the bill.

Besides, let's not kid ourselves into thinking that a guy like BRIGGS doesn't vote a straight-ticket that uniformly denies climate change and cuts research to understand its scope.

Wtf are you talking about? I was a democrat until the last year. Do you really think that in 6 months that D Teump created this storm? Is that what u d saying? And the 63 mm people who voted for him are indirectly responsible for an act of God? Jees man get a grip. This thread is about an incredibly horrific storm people are dealing with today?????

RIP Crushalot😞
arkrud
USA
8/27/2017  4:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2017  4:28 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

There is no way we can help with climate change issues by participating in Paris kind of pacts which clearly used to feed the bureaucracies of a bunch of countries who are in fact the biggest polluters.
The US carbon profile as well as other developed countries is falling down fast with renewables and electric engines proliferation.
Fossil fuels based technologies are not profitable any more and have no future.
But if world will stop using it the developing counties will be hit the most and will not be able to even feed its unnecessary growing population.
We already see the unraveling happening. World need to stay on this drag for quite a while to avoid catastrophic failures of many more countries all over the world.
And for us the main goal should be to protect and improve infrastructure to make it less prone to catastrophic climate events which are not avoidable regardless of what we will declare in any kind of accords.

NardDogNation

8/27/2017  4:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Wtf are you talking about? I was a democrat until the last year. Do you really think that in 6 months that D Teump created this storm? Is that what u d saying? And the 63 mm people who voted for him are indirectly responsible for an act of God? Jees man get a grip. This thread is about an incredibly horrific storm people are dealing with today?????

This "act of God" is actually caused by us pumping carbon into the atmosphere. One side of the political sphere acknowledges this fact and is willing to fund endeavors into addressing it through innovation as well as research i.e. Democrats and more specifically progressives. The other side is cool with the status quo because they are funded by oil companies that are the primary culprits i.e. Republicans. You feel sorry for those people in Houston? Lovely, take that into your calculus next time at the polls.

And you supposedly being a Democrat at any point is shocking; almost as shocking as finding out that Knickoftime is actually Steve Mills. In the 4 years I've been a member of this board though, I seem to only recall you regurgitating conservative talking points on economics and social issues. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Just curious though, what made you vote blue?

smackeddog
8/27/2017  4:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2017  4:40 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

Omg you obnoxious loser. I haven't shot anything personal towards anyone-- but you seem to feel free to take ludicrous pop shots at me based on absolutely nothing. Don't be a dweeb-- this is a once in a multi generational storm that we have not seen and hopefully will not see again. This is affecting millions of people and really the whole US. This is not a ****ing joking matter idiot

You proposed killing half my family in the Middle East last year with nuclear weapons

smackeddog
8/27/2017  4:42 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

This "act of God" is actually caused by us pumping carbon into the atmosphere. One side of the political sphere acknowledges this fact and is willing to fund endeavors into addressing it through innovation as well as research i.e. Democrats and more specifically progressives. The other side is cool with the status quo because they are funded by oil companies that are the primary culprits i.e. Republicans. You feel sorry for those people in Houston? Lovely, take that into your calculus next time at the polls.

And you supposedly being a Democrat at any point is shocking; almost as shocking as finding out that Knickoftime is actually Steve Mills. In the 4 years I've been a member of this board though, I seem to only recall you regurgitating conservative talking points on economics and social issues. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Just curious though, what made you vote blue?

Yup, trump and his supporters are going to leave a brutal future for our kids and grand kids- I still find it shocking that they'd take the environmental risk with their own kids and grand kids lives.

NardDogNation

8/27/2017  4:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2017  4:46 PM
arkrud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

There is no way we can help with climate change issues by participating in Paris kind of pacts which clearly used to feed the bureaucracies of a bunch of countries who are in fact the biggest polluters.
The US carbon profile as well as other developed countries is falling down fast with renewables and electric engines proliferation.
Fossil fuels based technologies are not profitable any more and have no future.
But if world will stop using it the developing counties will be hit the most and will not be able to even feed its unnecessary growing population.
We already see the unraveling happening. World need to stay on this drag for quite a while to avoid catastrophic failures of many more countries all over the world.
And for us the main goal should be to protect and improve infrastructure to make it less prone to catastrophic climate events which are not avoidable regardless of what we will declare in any kind of accords.

So countries opening dialogue to establish means and goals for addressing climate change is a bad idea?

And if the goal is to address climate change, do you think that banning the word "climate change" from government sites, selecting a climate-change denier to run the EPA (Rick Perry), cutting research into studying climate change, approving infrastructure projects that expand the use of fossil fuels, etc. is an appropriate means to deal with this issue? Because these are all things happening under the Trump administration, spurred on by rank-and-fill Republicans.

NardDogNation

8/27/2017  4:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2017  4:54 PM
smackeddog wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Yup, trump and his supporters are going to leave a brutal future for our kids and grand kids- I still find it shocking that they'd take the environmental risk with their own kids and grand kids lives.

Crazy thing is that I think he gets re-elected with the nonsense the Democrats are doing. I voted Bernie as a write-in and I'm prepared to take a knee again, if a Kamala Harris/Corey Booker/Andrew Coumo type gets the nomination. For all our sakes, I hope Tulsi Gabbard steps up, runs and wins.

ot Texas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy