[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

For Those of You Who Hadn't Seen it...
Author Thread
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
8/27/2004  7:15 AM
You had to know someone was going to make one of these. I know I posted this on another board a while back, but let's let you guys have the pleasure.

Presenting...

First there was Fire Steve Phillips(.com)! ...

Then Fire Scott Layden(.com)! ...

Now there's Fire Isiah Thomas(.com)!! ...

Yes, that's right... www.fireisiahthomas.com

I know it's silly and ridiculous, but I always find these sites to be of great humor. :)

Anyway, guys, I double checked just to make sure it wasn't Islesfan who owned it, and it doesn't seem to be, so I figured it was okay to post. :P
AUTOADVERT
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
8/27/2004  7:17 AM
wow. already his website, i wonder how long it took layden to get his.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
8/27/2004  7:25 AM
Is it Layden's website?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/27/2004  7:46 AM
Very funny. Humor is essential if you're going to be a fanatic for a team.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/27/2004  8:39 AM
if they can get it funny, why not. Its ok to voice a different view. Isiah is rolling bigger dice. If it works, great, if not, its gonna be a big old THUD.

My view is this team has a 70% chance of being +or- .500 ball, 15% of reaching the conf. finals or better, and a 10% chance of being a disaster (34 wins or less). Yeah, it can happen. Injury (or lack of depth)and guys like sweet don't get better, and craw and Marbs really don't mix and compete for shots. H20 stays injured. IT can happen.

It ain't gonna be Isiahs fault, but he is the man and its gonna be some one thats gotta take it.

Is it a valid website (firethomas.com) or viewpoint? Only if you debate it.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/27/2004  9:52 AM
that sight sucks... clearly Islesfan isnt much of a web developer. That wasnt even that funny... the firelayden site was much more entertaining.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/27/2004  9:59 AM
looks like http://firescottlayden.com/ feels the same way. Damn, NY is a tough place.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
8/27/2004  10:26 AM
Posted by Nalod:

My view is this team has a 70% chance of being +or- .500 ball, 15% of reaching the conf. finals or better, and a 10% chance of being a disaster (34 wins or less).

as the old saying says, there are three kind of people in this world. those who can count, and those who can't.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/27/2004  10:39 AM
Heh I actually used to post at the fire layden one. You'd think if they were gonna go out and make a site like that, they'd put more effort into.

as the old saying says, there are three kind of people in this world. those who can count, and those who can't.
LOL, I may have to borrow that sometime.
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
8/27/2004  10:57 AM
The fire Isiah Thomas site looks like a 12 year old made it in 1996.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
8/27/2004  10:59 AM
No that isn't my site. Although it could use a little work I certainly respect the effort and applaud the message.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
fishmike
USA
8/27/2004  11:03 AM
yea.. its a little premature also. Lets wait until a couple of Isiah's players blow up on us first.

The only player of Layden's that didnt blow up on us was KVH, but he didnt make us any better either.

Eisley, Aderson, Harrington, Travis, Clarence, McDyess, Houston resign, Sprewell resign, McDyess, Mark Jackson, Doleac... Who am I forgetting? When you look at the list as a whole its really unreal.
islesfan
8/27/2004  11:21 AM
Why is it that whenever anybody is critical of Isiah, Layden's name is brought up as a defense. "Well at least he's not Layden" is the inevitable response. What does one have to do with the other? Layden sucked and needed to be fired, we all know that but Isiah needs to be judged on the merits of his own moves instead of just comparing him to Layden. If and when his moves blow up, saying "Well at least he's not Layden, isn't going to make them look any better.

It's like an abused spouse thinking that things are better because her new husband only beats her 3 days a week instead of 6 like her ex.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
fishmike
USA
8/27/2004  11:26 AM
the guy you replace always comes up. Spree vs. KVH, TT vs. KVH, Layden vs. Isiah, Larry Brown vs. Rick Carlisle, etc.

When one of Isiah's players blows up I will knock him as much as I knocked the last guy, but so far none of his players have blown up. All thats happened is we went from a losing record to a winning record, and made the core of players younger and more athletic.

[Edited by - fishmike on 08/27/2004 11:27:26]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/27/2004  11:55 AM
Posted by islesfan:

Why is it that whenever anybody is critical of Isiah, Layden's name is brought up as a defense. "Well at least he's not Layden" is the inevitable response. What does one have to do with the other?

well at least he's not bianchi...
islesfan
8/27/2004  11:59 AM
Or Scotty Stirling.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/27/2004  12:13 PM
The only player of Layden's that didnt blow up on us was KVH, but he didnt make us any better either.

I liked Keith Van Horn, but truth is, I still think it made us a WORSE team, Isiah came along and until Frank Williams started playing good. If you remember, he was basically playing like ****ake, until that very game, against the T-Wolves, at the Garden (I was there! ) and it was Isiah's first game as the GM. Before that, though, the Knicks were several games below .500. I think it was 10-12 or so. And I kept saying how the trade definitely made us worse b/c of the PG situation, meanwhile, just about everyone besides mbknicky (MSG poster) argued that it was a lateral trade, or it made us better. I don't know, but when your team is playing .500 ball just the year before with one of your leaders (Yes, I consider Sprewell to be a leader!) is there, then you are many games below .500 w/o him, but a different player, I would definitely say we got significantly worse.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/27/2004  12:18 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Eisley, Aderson, Harrington, Travis, Clarence, McDyess, Houston resign, Sprewell resign, McDyess, Mark Jackson, Doleac... Who am I forgetting? When you look at the list as a whole its really unreal.

well, just to be fair (& i'm as big of a Scott Layden hater as there is on this board), Layden did draft Sweetney & Lampe (though Lampe pretty much fell into his lap anyway) along w/Milos, who along w/Lampe helped us land Marbury...& he traded for Frank in the McDyess trade, who helped us land Crawford a year later (though it took Isiah to use those assets to land us those 2 guys)...other than that along w/Van Horn & Doleac (who IMO was a solid role player for this team), all his other trades & signings have been horrendous.

[Edited by - TMS on 08/27/2004 12:21:51]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/27/2004  12:27 PM
I give Layden all the credit in the world for Sweetney, and I even give him props for Doleac. Truth be told, though, Doleac had a HORRIFIC first year with us. Last year, he was solid. Did some nice things, especially with Marbury and Frank Williams. Proved he was no softy either, b/c he works hard down under.

As for Frank Williams. I love the kid, and became my second favorite player. But although, Boozer somehow slipped under EVERYONES radar, that doesn't make it an excuse and that includes Layden. Carlos Boozer is in a different league than Frank Williams. He had the chance to be a Knick. He's not a Knick b/c we drafted Frank. Again, I love Frank, but when you are in the position the Knicks were in, you gotto go by the best players.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
8/27/2004  12:47 PM
Every team passed on Boozer. I don't fault Layden for that. I also think he had some good points to go with the bad.

As for the KVH trade, I do think he made us better in the regard that we needed size, but he clearly, alone, wasn't the answer. I definitely don't see how anyone can say that KVH made us worse, as we were an injury riddled team all year, during both the times we had KVH, and when we didn't. The previous year, we had very little injuries except for Dice. That makes a world of difference.
For Those of You Who Hadn't Seen it...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy