[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If you have to watch the way you cut your hair--this world is fckd
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/20/2017  1:17 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/5aae7c7f-1396-3ec2-913d-5229bae81fad/anti-fascist-stabs-innocent.html

Seriously--if people are going to attack you based on your haircut--the world is done. The anger I see coming out of a lot of people is over bearing and absurd. You cant vote the way you want and now you cant cut your hair the way you'd like--think about it???? Whether you agree with someone or not--where doesd it give ANYONE the right to commit violence??? If this guy didnt put his hand up--hes dead--because he cut his hair tight on the side?

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/20/2017  1:44 PM
There are a lot of idiots in this world. I never have a problem since I am pretty big but my children or friends who are smaller in stature would get dirty looks or intimidated by other people for the color of their skin. left or right...there are a lot of ignorant people in the world.
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
8/20/2017  3:12 PM
I have big Jewish nose so I have to watch out all my life.
I saw hate by alt-left and alt-right...
Pigs are pigs regardless of the political orientation.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/20/2017  3:44 PM
You should see the road rage I get in my pick up truck from Bernie Bros and girls (bumper sticker on the back) in their Prius's. They're lucky Im a nice guy.

I agree there is profiling on all sides.

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
8/20/2017  4:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/20/2017  4:06 PM
BRIGGS wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/5aae7c7f-1396-3ec2-913d-5229bae81fad/anti-fascist-stabs-innocent.html

Seriously--if people are going to attack you based on your haircut--the world is done. The anger I see coming out of a lot of people is over bearing and absurd. You cant vote the way you want and now you cant cut your hair the way you'd like--think about it???? Whether you agree with someone or not--where doesd it give ANYONE the right to commit violence??? If this guy didnt put his hand up--hes dead--because he cut his hair tight on the side?

From the man wanting to nuke millions of people to death based on where they happen to have been born

BRIGGS
Member: #303
8/20/2017  4:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/20/2017  4:17 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/5aae7c7f-1396-3ec2-913d-5229bae81fad/anti-fascist-stabs-innocent.html

From the man wanting to nuke millions of people to death based on where they happen to have been born

Again--I dont want to nuke anyone. I dont trust Iran and NK. I dont want to see my daughter your daughter killed one day because of inaction. I dont want to see anyone hurt--but we will need to come to a point where these countries ensure us of that or there might have to be massive consequences. You are naive to thin k any other way. Lets hope that its not the case. Right now we have problems in the US that are really sad to see. This guy couldve been stabbed in the face and killed today because his hair is tight on the sides.

Also over the next 10 years we as a country really need to focus on our cyber and laser weapon abilities. Having the ability to jam opponents communications/infrastructure or strike their military and or weapons with precision lasers will ensure civilians are not caught in massive crossfire. Were not there yet--but this is the next wave

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/20/2017  4:26 PM
Don't know what this really means when you can always find outliers at the extremes. Some dude that was probably off his rocker does something outrageous and you want to make this seem like it's a legitimate growing problem in general. What I do know is that there's no comparison in the amount of violence perpetrated by Left vs. Right Wing Extremists. Blowing a VERY few incidents out of proportion serves to mask the truth. The Right Wing has been statistically FAR more responsible for Violence!!!

This current Violent Environment was fomented by the Campaign of Donald Trump and his constant use of Dog Whistles and Out Right Biased Statements against various groups. SO there is an uptick of Left Wing Violence AND Right Wing Violence and it all seems to have spiked in recent years as the dialogue has gotten more and more acidic and vitriolic. Can we just ignore the Voices on the Right that have been pushing the envelope with more and more exaggerated rhetoric?

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/20/2017  4:47 PM
nixluva wrote:Don't know what this really means when you can always find outliers at the extremes. Some dude that was probably off his rocker does something outrageous and you want to make this seem like it's a legitimate growing problem in general. What I do know is that there's no comparison in the amount of violence perpetrated by Left vs. Right Wing Extremists. Blowing a VERY few incidents out of proportion serves to mask the truth. The Right Wing has been statistically FAR more responsible for Violence!!!

This current Violent Environment was fomented by the Campaign of Donald Trump and his constant use of Dog Whistles and Out Right Biased Statements against various groups. SO there is an uptick of Left Wing Violence AND Right Wing Violence and it all seems to have spiked in recent years as the dialogue has gotten more and more acidic and vitriolic. Can we just ignore the Voices on the Right that have been pushing the envelope with more and more exaggerated rhetoric?

You got to have a balanced view. Both side sides have nut cases it's the people in the middle holding the ship together. You saw the violence the Democratic Party was causing during Trump rallies.

arkrud
USA
8/20/2017  5:27 PM
Vmart wrote:
nixluva wrote:Don't know what this really means when you can always find outliers at the extremes. Some dude that was probably off his rocker does something outrageous and you want to make this seem like it's a legitimate growing problem in general. What I do know is that there's no comparison in the amount of violence perpetrated by Left vs. Right Wing Extremists. Blowing a VERY few incidents out of proportion serves to mask the truth. The Right Wing has been statistically FAR more responsible for Violence!!!

You got to have a balanced view. Both side sides have nut cases it's the people in the middle holding the ship together. You saw the violence the Democratic Party was causing during Trump rallies.

Violence and hate cannot be bigger or smaller. They are bad in any shape, size, and form.
They also cannon be justified by anything, past violence and hate included.
Crime of any kind must be punished by Law not by violence against the criminal.
This in the only way we can keep our civilization alive. No other way was invented.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
8/20/2017  5:59 PM
arkrud wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Violence and hate cannot be bigger or smaller. They are bad in any shape, size, and form.
This in the only way we can keep our civilization alive. No other way was invented.

I agree with you.

nixluva
USA
8/20/2017  6:13 PM
Vmart wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I agree with you.

Sure in a vacuum you can have the ALL under an umbrella! This kind of Equivocating BS is part of the problem. It's not all the same or else there wouldn't be a point to paying special attention and steering resources to the most urgent problems. In FACT SOME issues are more urgent and more prevalent than others. Also historically all issues have not been treated equitably or fairly. There has always been bias in the way people in this country address issues.

For LONG periods of this country's history there's been a tendency to be less aggressive in dealing with Violence from White Christian individuals or groups versus others. Certainly in terms of Criminal Justice things haven't been treated equally. For too long there's been an imbalance. More attention and focus on Islamic Terror and far less of a focus on White Christian Terror.

In fact they don't even refer to it as TERROR but in fact that is exactly what the KKK has been since day one. A Terror Group. They've been able to get away with a LOT because too often there are sympathetic people in positions of authority who allow White Christian Terror Groups to exist and get away with too much. That's why there's been so much uproar about Trump's take on things.

arkrud
USA
8/20/2017  8:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/20/2017  9:03 PM
nixluva wrote:
Vmart wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I agree with you.

Sure in a vacuum you can have the ALL under an umbrella! This kind of Equivocating BS is part of the problem. It's not all the same or else there wouldn't be a point to paying special attention and steering resources to the most urgent problems. In FACT SOME issues are more urgent and more prevalent than others. Also historically all issues have not been treated equitably or fairly. There has always been bias in the way people in this country address issues.

For LONG periods of this country's history there's been a tendency to be less aggressive in dealing with Violence from White Christian individuals or groups versus others. Certainly in terms of Criminal Justice things haven't been treated equally. For too long there's been an imbalance. More attention and focus on Islamic Terror and far less of a focus on White Christian Terror.

In fact they don't even refer to it as TERROR but in fact that is exactly what the KKK has been since day one. A Terror Group. They've been able to get away with a LOT because too often there are sympathetic people in positions of authority who allow White Christian Terror Groups to exist and get away with too much. That's why there's been so much uproar about Trump's take on things.

So if violence is commuted by people who were previously oppressed it is acceptable but by people who were oppressors it is not.
This way of thinking is very straight and sure road to hell. This how German Reich and Stalin Soviet Empire were created.
To violently oppress the past oppressors. The Solviets slogan was stated right and clear "Who was nothing will became everything".
And then they killed millions by association. Be careful what you wish for...
Terrorists must be prosecuted not because they white, black, Muslims, or Christians but because they are violent killers.
This all that matters. If this is not the case than we have a problem which we must correct so everyone in this country will have free and prosper future.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/20/2017  10:47 PM
Let's see. We got people attached because of the way they wear their hair.
I hope Briggs is just as concerned when dumbshyts attached innocent people because of their headdress thinking all bad people do this. They dont.
Or when men with Yarmaka's are attacked.
Seems to me dumb is dumb.

So basically "Snowflake" is going violent. Well, this is hat happens when you empower white power and the president is just plain ignorant!!!

As for Nukes? Only on country has ever used them. Twice.
Know why Iran and N. Korea got them? Electric power plants. Know how else, you can buy the shyt. Countries are entitled to power plants in the name of prosperity and if the do it transparent you have a chance. Not saying that's how it works, but you give peace a chance.

Iran there is still hope. North Korea? Well it ain't right but what do they want? Is it really too high a price compared to Not???

I don't know but slinging nukes is never cool no after who is tossing them11!

nixluva
USA
8/20/2017  11:28 PM
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Vmart wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I agree with you.

So if violence is commuted by people who were previously oppressed it is acceptable but by people who were oppressors it is not.
This way of thinking is very straight and sure road to hell. This how German Reich and Stalin Soviet Empire were created.
To violently oppress the past oppressors. The Solviets slogan was stated right and clear "Who was nothing will became everything".
And then they killed millions by association. Be careful what you wish for...
Terrorists must be prosecuted not because they white, black, Muslims, or Christians but because they are violent killers.
This all that matters. If this is not the case than we have a problem which we must correct so everyone in this country will have free and prosper future.

First off African Americans had every right to seek revenge after the Civil War but the nearly 4 million of Freed Slaves did not go on a rampage. All they wanted was to be FREE to live and prosper like any other American.

Following the Civil War AA's were promised a little land of their own to live and farm on. They went right back to work! What did they get for their loyalty? They got STABBED IN THE BACK! Mistreated for another 100+ years. Even then AA's PEACEFULLY fought for their Civil Rights, all the while being TERRORIZED, beaten and murdered!!! ENOUGH!!!

This isn't an equal thing on both sides! The KKK, Nazis and Alt Right aren't just expressing a difference of opinion over the percentage of Taxes or Healthcare. They F'n want AA's, Hispanics and Jews GONE! These groups have killed untold numbers of people. There's no reasonable arguing. I'm not advocating vigilante murder! No one is saying that. Just keep things in perspective cuz there's a MASSIVE difference between those hate groups and the rest of us.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
8/21/2017  1:36 AM
You live in America, wake up and smell the coffee. You think it flawless? Like every country it has its own problems prejudice and hatered being right near the top of the list. It just hasn't been long enough since those things were legal by law. Changing the law is hard enough, changing the public perception is much harder and takes even more time. Having elected Trump Americans got the man they truly deserved and now there should be no surprise about all the wackos coming out of the woodwork. It's cool to hate again, if the president does it on National TV. So yeah , a step back for Human attitude towards one another. Perhaps there are two steps forward in the making?
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
nixluva
USA
8/21/2017  8:51 AM
ramtour420 wrote:You live in America, wake up and smell the coffee. You think it flawless? Like every country it has its own problems prejudice and hatered being right near the top of the list. It just hasn't been long enough since those things were legal by law. Changing the law is hard enough, changing the public perception is much harder and takes even more time. Having elected Trump Americans got the man they truly deserved and now there should be no surprise about all the wackos coming out of the woodwork. It's cool to hate again, if the president does it on National TV. So yeah , a step back for Human attitude towards one another. Perhaps there are two steps forward in the making?

One thing i've learned since living in Rural America outside of New York is that things are WAY worse than I thought. Yes progress has been made but there are a LOT of pockets where almost no change has been made! Segregation is still happening even today. They've found ways of achieving it despite all the changes. Heck there are towns where they still have segregated Proms and school systems.

When you drive down here you run into towns that are openly flaunting their Racist attitudes. All Trump did was make it sexy to come out of hiding and stand in the light. Americans in Urban America just don't realize how many people in this country sympathize with Trump's views even if they don't go as far as the White Supremacists, KKK and Nazis. A BIG part of the problem is the lack of Education about this country's history. They tell a different version of American History in many parts of Rural America. On top of that you have the Right Wing Media pushing venom 24/7.

dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
8/21/2017  9:38 AM
Interesting point that is VERY valid for other countries a well...
In Germany and France you have the same exact situation regarding the urban/rural discrepancy based on education and also based on a different view and communication of "tradition, values, history" etc.

Btw... same discrepancy between urban and rural can be seen on MANY islamic countries including Iran... go and check out!
Thing is that many ppl in power and I am not talking about politicians only here... are interested to keep it this way!

To me being German and living here its extremely interesting to see how in the US the discussion regarding left-extremists is connected to WWII history... as this is something utterly seperated here in Germany. Nobody here would actually connect Sophie Scholl (anti-Nazi hero) for example to left-extremism!
We have Antifa and other extreme left groups (who per definition are anti-fachist/right of course) but they are so much less positively perceived as their anti-system behaviour and values are so much stronger than their "likable" anti-fascism many times!

To me it has been very interesting as well that I think Trump winning the election in the US has saved a couple of European countries like France, Netherlands and also Germany from losing elections to the right fascist as ppl have quickly recognized that "if the moderate ppl do not vote" something really really stupid could happen in these countries as well!

nixluva
USA
8/21/2017  10:09 AM
dodger78 wrote:Interesting point that is VERY valid for other countries a well...
In Germany and France you have the same exact situation regarding the urban/rural discrepancy based on education and also based on a different view and communication of "tradition, values, history" etc.

Btw... same discrepancy between urban and rural can be seen on MANY islamic countries including Iran... go and check out!
Thing is that many ppl in power and I am not talking about politicians only here... are interested to keep it this way!

To me being German and living here its extremely interesting to see how in the US the discussion regarding left-extremists is connected to WWII history... as this is something utterly seperated here in Germany. Nobody here would actually connect Sophie Scholl (anti-Nazi hero) for example to left-extremism!
We have Antifa and other extreme left groups (who per definition are anti-fachist/right of course) but they are so much less positively perceived as their anti-system behaviour and values are so much stronger than their "likable" anti-fascism many times!

To me it has been very interesting as well that I think Trump winning the election in the US has saved a couple of European countries like France, Netherlands and also Germany from losing elections to the right fascist as ppl have quickly recognized that "if the moderate ppl do not vote" something really really stupid could happen in these countries as well!

Thanks for the insight on the differences in Germany. I think this is something that CAN be addressed but the problem as you stated is that there are those in Power who WANT to keep things divided and it's always been that way. After the Civil War and even during it there were movements to unite the Poor in opposition to the Wealthy who were actually responsible for the War. The Poor White and Black were in the same boat but there were efforts to keep them separate so that they couldn't unite.

The White and Black Sharecroppers did actually have common cause and tried to come together. They formed a Union but just when things were looking good some in leadership resisted the idea of Blacks being in the Union. This was a mistake of course since if Black Farmers were not in the Union then Rich White Buyers would simply make deals with the Black Farmers for less than the White Farmers. They did acknowledge this but stupidly came up with the compromise of a SEPARATE Black Union that was affiliated with the Main White Union.

The Colored Alliance[edit]

Counties with a majority African-American population comprised a so-called "Black Belt" across the American South.
Main article: Colored Farmers' National Alliance and Cooperative Union
The Southern Farmers' Alliance was unapologetic about its color bar banning black farmers from membership. The Alliance's National Secretary-Treasurer J.H. Turner, himself the son of a former slave-owner, wrote that in fact the liberated slaves' "worst enemies" had been the Northern carpetbaggers of the Reconstruction era, who "promised each head of family forty acres of land and a mule if only he would vote right."[39]
Moreover, Turner noted, the liberated slaves of the South had been promised "social equality with the whites, and a great many other things which, since he has found out better, he neither needs nor wants."[40] Turner argued that relations between the races were fundamentally benevolent now that black farmers had recognized that "his old master" had "almost invariably" been on hand to provide "the best advice" regarding agricultural problems and had very often been the one to "protect and defend him in his business affairs."[41]
Such a hopelessly jaundiced view of the extreme plight of the indebted and impoverished black sharecroppers of the South, typical of Southern whites of the era, did nothing to reassure African-American farmers that their concerns were shared by their European-American counterparts. With their presence from the Southern Farmers' Alliance barred due to racism, African-American farmers were forced to establish an organization of their own.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmers%27_Alliance
arkrud
USA
8/21/2017  10:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/21/2017  10:39 AM
dodger78 wrote:Interesting point that is VERY valid for other countries a well...

Racism in US same as nationalism in Europe is the main tool of political bureaucracy to mislead public opinion and blame "others" for incompetence and corruption of the power it is.
It used by left wing same way as by right wing depending who is in power.
As per rural versus urban divide there is no cure.
With the technological and societal progress of late we are entering new era when land, natural resources, and human labor resources needs are declining.
We as civilization do not need new land, more natural resources, and working hands. We will need less and less.
The so called rural areas will farther depopulate and slide back into untouched natural condition.
People will move to mega-polices and suburbs and recreational areas well connected for remote work.
The demographics shift in US to create 3 almost equal minority groups of white-post-Europeans, Latin-Americans, and mostly Indian-Chinese Asians is well on the way.
Old Black-and-White America very fast becoming an archaic piece of the past.
Especially with millennials generation who what have nothing to do with the past American mess.
The "old-fashion" politicians and power brokers are desperately trying to cling to power which sleeping away into the hands of technology and humanitarian leaders and into the hands of professionals.
That's why we see so many clowns representing the power it is today. They area as empty as the power they represent.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/21/2017  10:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/21/2017  10:59 AM

The specifics of your outrage is telling. This idiot should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law without question.

But in a week in which the Ku Klux Klan made clear they still exist in this country, in which neo-Nazis made it clear they still exist in this country (and want to do harm), in which a protester against these things was murdered, in which we learned right wing extremists are responsible for more more acts of domestic terrorism (including deadly) than any other group, this is a very odd place to draw the line about anger.

If you have to watch the way you cut your hair--this world is fckd

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy