[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks' Joakim Noah fighting to earn trust back after PED bust
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/19/2017  4:09 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-joakim-noah-fighting-earn-trust-back-ped-bust-article-1.3425885

Encouraging interview. Havent heard anything about Noah all summer. Glad to hear an update.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler

9/10/2017  7:44 PM
Great to see all these Knicks working on their game, getting in shape for next season. Noah looks like he will be ready for camp. Good news.

nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/10/2017  10:59 PM
I still like Noah for this team. Hopefully his body is right and he can fill a role off the bench.

I actually would like to see a more enlightened view of PED's. The use for recovery should be allowed IMO. These players push their bodies so hard that some allowances should be made for drugs that help with recovery and healing more than any real performance enhancement.

GustavBahler

9/11/2017  9:33 AM
nixluva wrote:I still like Noah for this team. Hopefully his body is right and he can fill a role off the bench.

I actually would like to see a more enlightened view of PED's. The use for recovery should be allowed IMO. These players push their bodies so hard that some allowances should be made for drugs that help with recovery and healing more than any real performance enhancement.

Still dont like the contract and the cap hit, lol. I've been a huge Noah fan since he was at Florida. Was saying here that Noah was the real heart and soul of the Bulls, when Rose was MVP. Was hoping he would become a Knick years ago, but not like this. Thats why last season was so disappointing.

Noah is still a natural born leader, and can help the team. Just hope he can hold up. If he starts getting those nagging injuries again, I hope they bring him of the bench. Willy has to play some D for that to work.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
9/11/2017  9:35 AM
nixluva wrote:I still like Noah for this team. Hopefully his body is right and he can fill a role off the bench.

I agree with this. But permission should be granted based on a doctors recommendation as a treatment.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/11/2017  3:24 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Still dont like the contract and the cap hit, lol. I've been a huge Noah fan since he was at Florida. Was saying here that Noah was the real heart and soul of the Bulls, when Rose was MVP. Was hoping he would become a Knick years ago, but not like this. Thats why last season was so disappointing.

Noah is still a natural born leader, and can help the team. Just hope he can hold up. If he starts getting those nagging injuries again, I hope they bring him of the bench. Willy has to play some D for that to work.

what is nice is that is almost exactly what Noah suggested. He said there are talented guys at his position and he will embrace whatever role is given and no matter what the role he will lead the youth the right way. As stand up as it gets IMO
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/11/2017  4:19 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

what is nice is that is almost exactly what Noah suggested. He said there are talented guys at his position and he will embrace whatever role is given and no matter what the role he will lead the youth the right way. As stand up as it gets IMO

Words are wind. Noah has always seemed like a stand-up dude, but this is the stuff we here before every training camp. Just need for him to get healthy and start hitting layups and at least 60% of foul shots.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
9/11/2017  5:09 PM
Noah came in extremely out of shape last season. Him getting in shape to start the season would be a good start. We were a different team when he was engaged.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler

9/11/2017  7:00 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Words are wind. Noah has always seemed like a stand-up dude, but this is the stuff we here before every training camp. Just need for him to get healthy and start hitting layups and at least 60% of foul shots.

Not last season, Noah showed up hurt and out of shape. KP said he gave him good advice, but he wasn't the leader we expected last season. Hurt or not, Noah owned up to his mistakes and looks like he is coming back in better shape, and with the right attitude.

I was PO'd about how last season went, but Noah has been a "walk it like you talk it" kind of player since he entered the league, so Im encouraged.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/11/2017  9:12 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/11/2017  11:51 PM
martin wrote:

This video has so much going on. Westbrook is such a freaking beast! CP3, Harden and Melo would be a problem. Gotta admit Noah looks good. Shooting with arch on his shot. Shoulder range of motion is MUCH improved from last year for sure. Guy could barely raise his arms last year.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/12/2017  6:46 PM
Noah has that warrior ethic in him and has demonstrated it most of his career.
On court deeds, not words will change his knick reputation.
Like many, he has the right words. I'll root for him to return to form.
If so he is a great asset on the court, on the bench and as trade fodder.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/13/2017  12:50 PM
Doubt anyone is touching that contract, no matter what his on court return looks like.

Thanks again Phil!

93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
9/13/2017  6:42 PM
I still could see him being effective in a 2nd lower minute less crazy 2nd half of a career- Marcus Camby looked done w us and the 1st year in Denver and then had a lot of strong useful years in a row- I don't think JN wants to go out like that-
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
Knicks' Joakim Noah fighting to earn trust back after PED bust

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy