[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nigel Hayes Agrees To A Partially Guaranteed Deal With The Knicks
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

8/17/2017  8:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/17/2017  8:10 PM
"Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes has agreed to a partially guaranteed deal with the Knicks, league source tells ESPN."
8:04 PM - Aug 17, 2017
Woj

Long wingspan, decent shot, ability to get out on the perimeter. I don't mind this deal even though he didn't excel in summer league..

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/17/2017  8:18 PM
Hayes as well as Jamel Artis and Xavier Rathan Mayes intrigue me. I look forward to seeing what they can do. Hayes is kind of an enigma. Nothing in particular stands out but he just seems like a guy who can be a team glue type. He's got to do better of course but he's worth a look.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/17/2017  8:47 PM
I think the Knicks can protect him from the d league draft as a training camp player. He didn't look that good in the summer league. I liked him a lot in college.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/17/2017  8:53 PM
reub wrote:"Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes has agreed to a partially guaranteed deal with the Knicks, league source tells ESPN."
Woj

Long wingspan, decent shot, ability to get out on the perimeter. I don't mind this deal even though he didn't excel in summer league..

Walt got him signed. He's not going anywhere in this league-- but it's great to get a shot while being paid

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/17/2017  9:28 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:"Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes has agreed to a partially guaranteed deal with the Knicks, league source tells ESPN."
Woj

Walt got him signed. He's not going anywhere in this league-- but it's great to get a shot while being paid

Yeah, I agree. I won't completely write him off based on summer league, but I have hard to picturing his role. That's been the story of his career at Wisconsin, following a solid freshman year.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/17/2017  10:03 PM
I give that signing an eleven. 🇬🇧
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/17/2017  10:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Woj

Knicks brass was in constant contact with me on this signing, Briggs

Not sure what he looks like in practices...had a good final game, if I remember correctly (Had a few moments in the other games, including a few decent passes). One of these got him the tryout.

Throw out the final game and I'm not sure you could have justified giving him a contract unless he showed himself to be a different player in practices.

Has to learn to use his body and his length to overcome his vertical issues. Strange player who never seems as motivated as he should be, and he needs to be more selfish on the court, IMO. Intelligent kid if you listen to him and read about him. I think he will be popular with the media if makes the team, or has any time with the big club if he comes up from the DL.

Will be rooting for him, but he has a lot to prove to me before I give the Knicks the OK to sign him to anything more than a DL contract.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/17/2017  10:44 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Woj

Not sure what he looks like in practices...had a good final game, if I remember correctly (Had a few moments in the other games, including a few decent passes). One of these got him the tryout.

Throw out the final game and I'm not sure you could have justified giving him a contract unless he showed himself to be a different player in practices.

Has to learn to use his body and his length to overcome his vertical issues. Strange player who never seems as motivated as he should be, and he needs to be more selfish on the court, IMO. Intelligent kid if you listen to him and read about him. I think he will be popular with the media if makes the team, or has any time with the big club if he comes up from the DL.

Will be rooting for him, but he has a lot to prove to me before I give the Knicks the OK to sign him to anything more than a DL contract.

Summer league sucked. I hope the Knicks go back to Vegas. I didn't see much from Hayes. I might have missed the last game. I was excited when I heard they had him on the team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/17/2017  10:58 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Woj

Summer league sucked. I hope the Knicks go back to Vegas. I didn't see much from Hayes. I might have missed the last game. I was excited when I heard they had him on the team.

Yeah, a lot of us hate that Orlando venue...we are just too used to the usual camera angles to feel comfortable with them.

He did not play as well as I would have hoped, no doubt about that. Based on what we saw it would be hard to give him anything more than a DL contract if any contract at all.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/17/2017  11:07 PM
Knicks are not so swayed by the Summer League games as fans are. They're looking at different things than we are and most definitely see more in practice than we do. But more important is that they aren't so much about how the player looks at this moment but do they feel they can coach him up and get him to a higher level. Baker had a horrible Summer League but kept working and got better.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/17/2017  11:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:He's not going anywhere in this league--

That gives him something in common with Christian Wood.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/18/2017  9:09 AM
nixluva wrote:Hayes as well as Jamel Artis and Xavier Rathan Mayes intrigue me. I look forward to seeing what they can do. Hayes is kind of an enigma. Nothing in particular stands out but he just seems like a guy who can be a team glue type. He's got to do better of course but he's worth a look.

I have consistently posted and hoped we would add him to the team. He just seems to have a floor presence that translates into good overall basketball. I will be rooting for this kid to succeed.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/18/2017  9:41 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Woj

Bold statement for something that is statistically in your favor. What is there to refute? Do you root for his success or the guys you promote in hopes of a glorified "told yah so" Moment?
I hope Nigel Hayes is an Iggy type glue player. Im talking off the bench older Iggy, not young Iggy.
Summerleague does not show us much. I would think the training and practice leading up to it does.

The kid is not a first round pick, and thus his odds are not good. But we can cheer him on to succeed.
Funny, If he is the next coming of the greatest thing fans will yell why the hell we did not sign him to a long term deal!!!!

Nigel Hayes Agrees To A Partially Guaranteed Deal With The Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy