8/16/2017  3:22 PM
http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-dwyane-wade-chicago-bulls-nba-free-agency/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

8/16/2017  3:29 PM
Now if Wade goes to Cleveland -- we could see Melo for Love deal go down.

Not awesome for Knicks but exchanging 32 year old no-trade clause for 28 year old Love is big win for Knicks.

Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

8/16/2017  3:51 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Now if Wade goes to Cleveland -- we could see Melo for Love deal go down.

Not awesome for Knicks but exchanging 32 year old no-trade clause for 28 year old Love is big win for Knicks.

Or... The Cavs could simply be satisfied with the upgrade at shooting guard, their most pressing need.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/16/2017  4:33 PM
Right after he opted in for an extra year.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/16/2017  4:40 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Right after he opted in for an extra year.

I'm guessing that the NBA front office will eventually deal with situations like that and make it less palpable for everyone.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/16/2017  7:20 PM

He has been a guy that always took less. I think he wanted the big pay day.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

8/16/2017  8:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/16/2017  8:28 PM
I wish we would've maintained cap space to simply absorb him and an asset. If the Bulls would've been willing to do a 2018 pick swap, I would've readily eaten that contract especially in light of Pelton's record projections.

If the Bulls refused this iteration of a deal, maybe Lance Thomas and cash for Wade? It'd offer them an immediate $17 million in savings, as opposed to keeping Wade and buying him out. More importantly, the combined sum of what is left on Lance Thomas' contract is LESS than what Wade is owed just this year. So considering how cheap Reinsdorf is (was uninterested in paying to keep the MJ Bulls together in 99), I think a deal like that would have been feasible and allow us to free ourselves of a long-term commitment to Lance Thomas.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/16/2017  9:32 PM
NardDogNation wrote:I wish we would've maintained cap space to simply absorb him and an asset. If the Bulls would've been willing to do a 2018 pick swap, I would've readily eaten that contract especially in light of Pelton's record projections.

If the Bulls refused this iteration of a deal, maybe Lance Thomas and cash for Wade? It'd offer them an immediate $17 million in savings, as opposed to keeping Wade and buying him out. More importantly, the combined sum of what is left on Lance Thomas' contract is LESS than what Wade is owed just this year. So considering how cheap Reinsdorf is (was uninterested in paying to keep the MJ Bulls together in 99), I think a deal like that would have been feasible and allow us to free ourselves of a long-term commitment to Lance Thomas.

A lot of people don't seem to know the final year of his deal is only guaranteed for $1m.

TLover
Member: #381
USA
8/16/2017  9:55 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I wish we would've maintained cap space to simply absorb him and an asset. If the Bulls would've been willing to do a 2018 pick swap, I would've readily eaten that contract especially in light of Pelton's record projections.

A lot of people don't seem to know the final year of his deal is only guaranteed for $1m.

Did not know that L.Thomas' for last year is not fully guaranteed.. that helps especially with our young guys coming up.

TLover
Member: #381
USA
8/16/2017  9:58 PM
Curious if Wade & Melo will end up together on the Cavs now.

This could get interesting...

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

8/17/2017  1:37 AM

Bulls may have been complicit in that regard.

Cash hit versus cap hit. A buyout means the full cap implications say on the Bull's total cap sheet no matter what. The buyout however means the cash outlay might be massively different.

For example, the buyout could be 5-6 million out of the 23 million cap charge.

The Bulls have to get something out of all this. Their most marketable player after Wade right now is Robin Lopez? Bobby Portis? They lose the marketing value of Wade, plus risk him going to another Eastern team, plus the slim opportunity cost of possibly trading him. They aren't going to just give him all his money and let him walk free. This all would allow the Bulls to hit the cap floor, while not having to lock in minutes and a roster spot for Wade.

I'm not sure how Wade helps the Cavs honestly. He doesn't play defense. He's aging and can't play back to backs anymore. He can no longer defend the rim ( which he did extremely well for a SF/wing) He cannot finish at the rim anymore. He can't space the floor because he doesn't have an elite three ball. Korver, Love, Calderon, Wade, I mean at some point, some kind of defense has to matter.

One of the biggest criticism of LeGM during the Final run against Dallas was that LBJ wanted veteran "name" guys like Rashard Lewis or Juwan Howard, who were over the hill, in place of more no name type guys who would be far more useful. MBah A Moute doesn't have name value, but he can defend. He'd be far more useful than Calderon or even Wade at this point. Dewayne Dedmon went to the Hawks but the Cavs could have used him. Again, not a name brand player.

Wade to the Cavs doesn't make a ton of sense from a winning perspective. Then again, LBJ is stupid. He's just plain stupid. But Nike says he's smart, so ESPN and SI and the lot have to say he's smart.

Wade's MO is pretty clear now. Come in 20 pounds too heavy. Drive to the rim, charge someone, and since he can't actually finish at the rim anymore, jump into a player and demand a foul be called. If it's not, lay down on the ground like he's gut shot. Then cue glaring at the ref and screaming while the rest of his team is getting killed in transition the other way.

Wade was such a unique talent, but never truly developed his game.

knicks1248
Member: #582
8/17/2017  9:13 AM
TLover wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Did not know that L.Thomas' for last year is not fully guaranteed.. that helps especially with our young guys coming up.

I didn't know that either..

melo, wade, rose labron...why don't Cleveland make that happen..that's a 2 yr contender window

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/17/2017  9:25 AM
TLover wrote:Curious if Wade & Melo will end up together on the Cavs now.

This could get interesting...

I agree, maybe its enough to get Melo's attention.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/17/2017  9:25 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
TLover wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

melo, wade, rose labron...why don't Cleveland make that happen..that's a 2 yr contender window

Contending for Knicks signature role of collecting old washed-off stars?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
8/17/2017  10:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/17/2017  10:32 AM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TLover wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

With a good center which Clev does already have that team has very good chances of upsetting ( and it wouldn't even be such an upset) the Warriors. That's a Big Four.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/17/2017  12:21 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TLover wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

With a good center which Clev does already have that team has very good chances of upsetting ( and it wouldn't even be such an upset) the Warriors. That's a Big Four.

I would have to agree assuming they can stay healthy until the playoffs.

knicks1248
Member: #582
8/17/2017  1:00 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TLover wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

I would have to agree assuming they can stay healthy until the playoffs.

I FORGOT ABOUT LOVE, but reports surface today that labron never confirm he was planning on leaving Cleveland, that came from speculation from the media.

which make sense as to why Irving wants to do his own thing. If bron was leaving, irving would have the cavs to himself, but clearly that's not the case

ES
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/17/2017  2:24 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TLover wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Only LeBron's versatility can make that work. Otherwise you would have to wonder who would ever get Melo the ball.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/18/2017  9:31 AM
Wade to Clevland could be a game changer for the Knicks. Also give Houston something to think about.
smackeddog
Member: #883
8/18/2017  10:34 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

He has been a guy that always took less. I think he wanted the big pay day.

Yeah, usually this kind of thing annoys me, but I'll make an exception for Wade- he did take a few cuts to his salary for the Heat and then got screwed over by them.

Amico: Wade likely bought out before start of season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy