[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

all knick team
Author Thread
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
8/16/2017  10:19 AM
2k is making each franchises all great team. so it had me thinking if I made a greatest knick team of past players who would I put in?

pg- walt frazier: one of two no brainers. he is unfortunately the only one on the list with the so called championship dna. his leadership is unprecedented and he would galvanize this team to victory

sg- allan Houston: I know this is a controversial pick but allan was awesome when he wasn't injured. he was called h20 for a reason because his jumpshot was as close to automatic as possible. he was a pure scorer, not just a jump shooter. he was calm and collected during clutch moments.

sf- Bernard king: this is when I started watching bball and king was an offensive juggernaught. he was Jordan before Jordan point blank. he single handedly destroyed teams......GREAT teams like boston and Detroit! he was a sight to behold and it is a shame he got injured the way he did.

pf- amare stoudamire: another controversial pick but people seem to have short memory. I know amare only had two good seasons but man those seasons, he showed why we signed him to that contract ( though the last three years show that it was too long of a contract). amare single handedly lifted the knicks to a playoff race before melo got there. the knicks had decent talent but they were predicted not to make the playoffs and amare went lff, avg 25ppg and coming up clutch plenty of time. his leadership never got the credit it deserved during that time.

c- Patrick ewing: the best knick ever imo. I personally think he is underestimated because out of all the superstars in the nba during the 90s, you can argue that ewing had the least talent on his team than the other teams, at least most of the decade. ewing lifted a team of pretty much journeymen to championship level status. amazing!

6th man- Carmelo Anthony: he is the second best scorer on this list and the most versatile offensive player on this list. having him to come in as a microwave would be awesome.
honorable mention: willis reed, dave debusschere, earl monroe, john starks, mark jackson, latrell sprewell, charles oakley

AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
8/16/2017  10:36 AM
Clyde pg
Monroe sg
Ewing c
King sf
Porzingis pf

Starks 6th man

knicks1248
Member: #582
8/16/2017  10:36 AM
walt- 2 way player
starks- 2 way player with a ton of energy
benard king- can score with the best that every did it
reed- defense, defense, Defense...
EWING- 2 way big-leader

bench
melo
allan
Sprewell
kp
ward

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/16/2017  11:53 AM
My list is not career but a window in time as they were knicks. Willis did not start out as a lumbering Center, he was a high volume shooter who could jumpt out of the gym. Michael Ray as good as any knick in that window.

C give me 28 year old Ewing
PF, Give me 24 year old Willis Reed. Think antonio Mcdysess type athlete (in prime) with the heart of a lion! I never saw this, but have read this. Karl Malone with hop's!!
PG. Clyde
SG. Going a bit controversial but Michael Ray Richardson. IN his prime, he was almost as good as Magic Johnson. Very under rated knick given what happend to him.
SF. Bernard King. Knick BK.

Bench.

Earl. Why? Entertaining and the guy could play!!!
Dave Debusschere: Dave was as tough as Oak, but had a great Jump shot!!
Cazzie: he is my microwave
H20 Smooth.......
Sweetwater.....Rebounds!!!!
Mark Jax: on floor QB for my second team.
KP: Premature but 7'3 with those tool? Yeah, the future is always welcome!!!

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/21/2017  11:51 AM
All players in their primes:

C- Ewing
PF - Debusschere
SF - BK
SG - Spree - both ends of the court, also a chucklehead;, but I'd rather watch him destroy other teams singlehandedly than anyone else the knicks had at this position. Earl was great, but his Knicks tenure was the twilight of his career and his knees were shot.
PG - Clyde, no contest. Imagining a Clyde/Spree backcourt is a defensive wet dream.

Reed - probably the best leader the franchise has ever seen, but played out of position
Oak - hate the jumpshot, love everything else
Melo - hate him or love him, but it's about buckets
Earl - subjugated his Bullets game for a ring
Mark Jackson - ROY, best pure PG behind Clyde (please, don't give me Charlie football)

6th man - Starks

Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
8/21/2017  12:42 PM
I know John Starks was a fave and deservedly so but all time I've Other players at guard before SG PG distinction
I'll take spreewell over Sparks. I'll take Earl Monroe on a poor day over JS and I'll take Derrick Harper over JS. Hey that's my take. Alan Houston too.

Reed
EWING
Clyde
Earl
King

Alt:

Melo
Derrick Harper
Walt Bellamy
Alan Houston
Mark Jackson

Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
8/21/2017  3:14 PM
Paris907 wrote:I know John Starks was a fave and deservedly so but all time I've Other players at guard before SG PG distinction
I'll take spreewell over Sparks. I'll take Earl Monroe on a poor day over JS and I'll take Derrick Harper over JS. Hey that's my take. Alan Houston too.

Reed
EWING
Clyde
Earl
King

Alt:

Melo
Derrick Harper
Walt Bellamy
Alan Houston
Mark Jackson

Don't forget Hawthorne Wingo

all knick team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy