[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Are the 2017 Knicks the team of the year?
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
8/15/2017  7:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/15/2017  8:01 PM
I know this sounds crazy but just think about it. Everyone is talking about them. Everyone wants to get drafted by them, even draftees of other teams are STILL talking about them. Hell they are even writing about what officials had for dinner! This is Lebron year of "the decision" style coverage here. It is awesome....just look down the list

Dennis Smith doesn't like octopus, but the Knicks served it to him! The nerve!

Media says we still should have drafted the kid who blew up his Achilles even though he wouldn't supply his medical records. Aren't they still catching **** over signing Amare, a signing in which they ignored medical records?

Malik Monk said he wanted to play for the Knicks, specifically. Makes sure the Knicks specifically will regret it. Bet Charlotte feels great about that. Monk wants revenge on the Knicks, forget the other teams that passed on him. At least one twice. "Malik, like, 10 other teams passed on you. Do you even care?"

Literally every team in the league is lobbying for Melo to be on their team. As long as they don't have to give up any thing more than some used coffee grinds and a half eaten apple. And as long as I am on the subject do tampering rules not apply to anything anymore or is it just the Knicks and Melo? Can't they just tamper with Noah?

There is a gap the size of the distance between NY and Latvia between Kristaps and the Knicks. But they will trade him. But not right now because they don't want to. Yet. But they will. Maybe. Kinda. But not just for anyone. We think. It's gonna happen. Maybe. Sorta. How do we know? Because the Cavs are asking for him in a trade. So obviously the Knicks want to trade him. Because the other team asked for him. Right? That makes sense. Kinda.

This amount of in depth coverage and constantly being on people minds has to make them the team of the year.

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
8/15/2017  8:22 PM
All i know is any rebuilding team would be viewed as having a fantastic future if they had Porzingis and Ntilikina to start with. If the Spurs had this duo and were committed to rebuilding, everyone would say they will be a contender in no time. Chicago, Atlanta, Orlando, etc are rebuilding with this type of foundation in mind. But because it's the Knicks, everyone thinks it's a disaster and the team has no hope.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/15/2017  8:41 PM
Knixkik wrote:All i know is any rebuilding team would be viewed as having a fantastic future if they had Porzingis and Ntilikina to start with. If the Spurs had this duo and were committed to rebuilding, everyone would say they will be a contender in no time. Chicago, Atlanta, Orlando, etc are rebuilding with this type of foundation in mind. But because it's the Knicks, everyone thinks it's a disaster and the team has no hope.

Breaking stereotypes is difficult, tricky, and time consuming business.
Knick have long way to go and in fact just started moving in this direction.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/15/2017  9:03 PM
Knixkik wrote:All i know is any rebuilding team would be viewed as having a fantastic future if they had Porzingis and Ntilikina to start with. If the Spurs had this duo and were committed to rebuilding, everyone would say they will be a contender in no time. Chicago, Atlanta, Orlando, etc are rebuilding with this type of foundation in mind. But because it's the Knicks, everyone thinks it's a disaster and the team has no hope.

AMEN BROTHER! The Knicks are actually in a very good place. The Media is still stuck in their perpetual "Knicks are a Dysfunctional Mess" mode. There's no serious examination of the fact that the Knicks have LEGIT young talent. That should change this season as the young players start to show improvement.

It is interesting how much of the Summer Rumors involve the Knicks.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/15/2017  9:35 PM
joec32033 wrote:I know this sounds crazy but just think about it. Everyone is talking about them. Everyone wants to get drafted by them, even draftees of other teams are STILL talking about them. Hell they are even writing about what officials had for dinner! This is Lebron year of "the decision" style coverage here. It is awesome....just look down the list

Media says we still should have drafted the kid who blew up his Achilles even though he wouldn't supply his medical records. Aren't they still catching **** over signing Amare, a signing in which they ignored medical records?

Malik Monk said he wanted to play for the Knicks, specifically. Makes sure the Knicks specifically will regret it. Bet Charlotte feels great about that. Monk wants revenge on the Knicks, forget the other teams that passed on him. At least one twice. "Malik, like, 10 other teams passed on you. Do you even care?"

Literally every team in the league is lobbying for Melo to be on their team. As long as they don't have to give up any thing more than some used coffee grinds and a half eaten apple. And as long as I am on the subject do tampering rules not apply to anything anymore or is it just the Knicks and Melo? Can't they just tamper with Noah?

There is a gap the size of the distance between NY and Latvia between Kristaps and the Knicks. But they will trade him. But not right now because they don't want to. Yet. But they will. Maybe. Kinda. But not just for anyone. We think. It's gonna happen. Maybe. Sorta. How do we know? Because the Cavs are asking for him in a trade. So obviously the Knicks want to trade him. Because the other team asked for him. Right? That makes sense. Kinda.

This amount of in depth coverage and constantly being on people minds has to make them the team of the year.

Not sure I understand the point of this. They've been a lottery team for years and probably will be again this year.

So no, they're not.

joec32033
USA
8/15/2017  9:55 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
joec32033 wrote:I know this sounds crazy but just think about it. Everyone is talking about them. Everyone wants to get drafted by them, even draftees of other teams are STILL talking about them. Hell they are even writing about what officials had for dinner! This is Lebron year of "the decision" style coverage here. It is awesome....just look down the list

Not sure I understand the point of this. They've been a lottery team for years and probably will be again this year.

So no, they're not.

Yes they are. All the signs are there.

Knickoftime

8/15/2017  10:02 PM
joec32033 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

So no, they're not.

You didn't write a thing about the quality of their roster. You seem fixated on media attention, positive or negative. You can have that, I just want them to be a good team, and you wrote nothing about that.

joec32033
USA
8/16/2017  12:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/16/2017  12:31 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

So no, they're not.

You didn't write a thing about the quality of their roster. You seem fixated on media attention, positive or negative. You can have that, I just want them to be a good team, and you wrote nothing about that.

Ok. Honestly, I could keep going but you seem very sincere and innocent here. That was the point. It was a statement on the fact that alot of stupid non stories are getting attention while actual basketball related events/facts are not being objectively judged/reported on.

Dennis Smith wants to keep talking about the Knicks and what they served him at dinner? Cool. Now ask why he didn't let certain teams view his medical records. Fuck you, Dennis.

The Media wants to talk about the Knicks passing on octo*****? Ok. Talk about how if they did draft him they would have had to answer for it all the way up to summer league aboit drafting a guy who blew his ACL who wouldn't let you see his medical records. That's the Knicks think to do, just like when they got raked for ignoring Amare's medical records and signing him.

Malik Monk wants to be pissed at NY for passing on him? Screw him. 10 other teams passed on him, Sacramento passed on him twice. Another non story.

Melo wants to leave cool. He has been staying quiet. The front office has been quiet. Who hasn't? Every ****ing player openly recruiting Melo, who is under contract, to play for them. The Portland Twins, Boogie, everyone on Houston, photoshopped jersey pictures. Screw all of you. If I am the Knicks I am filing tampering charges on every single team whose players are openly campaigning for this. This is the type of thing that can affect the locker room. Melo thinking all these teams want him and the Knicks just won't trade him. B.S.. You get a tampering charge, you get a tampering charge, you get a tampering charge. You really think a team like The Spurs or Miami, or any team that you look at that has a good GM would tolerate something like that? Fuck no. But because it's the Knicks and they are ****ed if theu do ****ed if they don't, they gotta roll with it. It is frustrating as all hell to listen to these B.S. reporters talk about all this stupid crap.

And the double standard about talent is true. KP is DOMINATING overseas right now and the best we get is the Knicks don't want to trade KP but maybe they will because they are the Knicks but right now they don't bit maybe they will later? Please. That is the LAZIEST reporting I've ever seen.

Knickoftime

8/16/2017  12:39 AM
joec32033 wrote:It is frustrating as all hell to listen to these B.S. reporters talk about all this stupid crap.

Then don't.

I can tell you from experience it's that easy.

And the double standard about talent is true. KP is DOMINATING overseas right now and the best we get is the Knicks don't want to trade KP but maybe they will because they are the Knicks but right now they don't bit maybe they will later? Please. That is the LAZIEST reporting I've ever seen.

The Knicks have undeniably a poor organization for years, arguably the worst in the NBA.

The solution (to this problem that doesn't really exist) is for the Knicks to simply win for a few years in a row.

They'll be perceived as a joke, and that will influence coverage, until that occurs.

In the meantime, I don't care either way. Problem already solved.

joec32033
USA
8/16/2017  1:21 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
joec32033 wrote:It is frustrating as all hell to listen to these B.S. reporters talk about all this stupid crap.

Then don't.

The Knicks have undeniably a poor organization for years, arguably the worst in the NBA.

The solution (to this problem that doesn't really exist) is for the Knicks to simply win for a few years in a row.

They'll be perceived as a joke, and that will influence coverage, until that occurs.

I can tell you from experience, for me it's not easy. Listening in to different shows is something that happens to get me through my day.

Regardless of how "undeniably poor" an organization this has been journalistic integrity still dictates how you cover certain areas. ESPN has gone down the gutter when it comes to that. I can honestly say I get more annoyed when I listen and you can tell they are doing it just to do it, and they know it isn't newsworthy.

On a side note, I am happy the "either way, I don't care" approach works for you.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/16/2017  9:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/16/2017  9:24 AM
Knickoftime wrote:

So no, they're not.

If you read what he said how could you not agree with it?

Basically everyone is on the Knicks dick. Even if you want to self hate and sodomize yourself with "facts".... you have to agree with Joe

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/16/2017  9:28 AM
Just going by the stories, Id say it was a mixed bag. Definitely nice to hear players talking favorably about the Knicks, but we still had a summer of stories which reminded us that the team has a way to go, to put the past behind us. Going to take more than just sneaking into the playoffs to be taken seriously.
EnySpree

8/16/2017  9:57 AM
We are a team of potential...

Top 8 players:
Melo
KP
Willy
Sessions
THJr
Lee
Beasley
Noah

Whether you agree with that or not here's who I left off that list:
KOQ
Lance
Kuz
Baker
Frank
Randle
Dotson

Dude that's a good team on paper... if all our young guys get better, the new vets fit in and Horny coaches his ass off... this is a legit playoff team.

I expect Kristaps and THJr to become all-stars next year... Melo will be Melo. Baker wasn't in my top 8 but he could come back with as improved shot to match his defense and playmaking. Lance is doing windmills in pick up games. Kuz could cone back confident.

So much positive shut to talk about

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/16/2017  10:27 AM

THE spurs don't rebuild, they develop while they are still racking up 50 wins per season in the process. The knicks rebuild while losing 50+ games in the process, which sometimes is really not good.

ES
nixluva
USA
8/16/2017  10:49 AM
EnySpree wrote:We are a team of potential...

Top 8 players:
Melo
KP
Willy
Sessions
THJr
Lee
Beasley
Noah

Whether you agree with that or not here's who I left off that list:
KOQ
Lance
Kuz
Baker
Frank
Randle
Dotson

Dude that's a good team on paper... if all our young guys get better, the new vets fit in and Horny coaches his ass off... this is a legit playoff team.

I expect Kristaps and THJr to become all-stars next year... Melo will be Melo. Baker wasn't in my top 8 but he could come back with as improved shot to match his defense and playmaking. Lance is doing windmills in pick up games. Kuz could cone back confident.

So much positive shut to talk about

Since i'm usually optimistic and get shot down, I'll say that you will be accused of being another Nixluva. See it doesn't matter how much reasonable arguments you put forth. If things go south then they will be right and you will be castigated. If the Knicks do play well they will not give you any credit but will say that you just got lucky cuz you always take a positive angle, well OK that's what they say to me. LOL.

In any event the Naysayers never take into account that every year we are dealing with DIFFERENT expectations. The Knicks SHOULD have been able to play .500 ball the last couple of years. This team started 14-10 and 22-22 and failed to end with a .500 record each time. There have been multiple factors in the failures to play at least .500 ball. IMO this year there are fewer impediments to that. I think this franchise is much more functional and less dysfunctional. There will be internal growth as well. There should be less RESISTANCE to what Jeff will have this team doing.

nixluva
USA
8/16/2017  10:56 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

THE spurs don't rebuild, they develop while they are still racking up 50 wins per season in the process. The knicks rebuild while losing 50+ games in the process, which sometimes is really not good.

The Spurs were extremely fortunate to have drafted Duncan. They made great decisions after that but it made a huge difference being able to build off of a centerpiece like Duncan. Now they still have some remnants of the team that was around Duncan. Drafting Kawhi and having him turn out even better than they might've hoped was another big bonus.

The Knicks have drafted 2 top 10 picks and have made quality 2nd rd picks as well as some nice UDFA's. I see nothing but good in those decisions. At some point you have to at least acknowledge that they have made some GOOD moves during this period of losing. There is some LEGIT young talent on this roster and they have good upside.

EnySpree

8/16/2017  11:21 AM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The Spurs were extremely fortunate to have drafted Duncan. They made great decisions after that but it made a huge difference being able to build off of a centerpiece like Duncan. Now they still have some remnants of the team that was around Duncan. Drafting Kawhi and having him turn out even better than they might've hoped was another big bonus.

The Knicks have drafted 2 top 10 picks and have made quality 2nd rd picks as well as some nice UDFA's. I see nothing but good in those decisions. At some point you have to at least acknowledge that they have made some GOOD moves during this period of losing. There is some LEGIT young talent on this roster and they have good upside.

once upon a time the Spurs were the NY Knicks. They had Gervin aka Melo of the 70s. They were mmm ediocre... then they were terrible, then Robinson was drafted, they had a mediocre run... then they lost again. They hired and almost fired Pop... then they drafted Timmy. Manu, and Tony Parker cane from the basketball Gods... The rest of history.... is it possible the Knicks are slowly coming y I to their own positive times?

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/16/2017  11:56 AM
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

once upon a time the Spurs were the NY Knicks. They had Gervin aka Melo of the 70s. They were mmm ediocre... then they were terrible, then Robinson was drafted, they had a mediocre run... then they lost again. They hired and almost fired Pop... then they drafted Timmy. Manu, and Tony Parker cane from the basketball Gods... The rest of history.... is it possible the Knicks are slowly coming y I to their own positive times?

And to think, Duncan was very, very close to leaving San Antonio to go to Orlando.

Knickoftime

8/16/2017  12:19 PM
joec32033 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Then don't.

I can tell you from experience, for me it's not easy. Listening in to different shows is something that happens to get me through my day.

I don't know what to tell you, dude. On one hand you're saying it gets you through the day, on the other you're saying it's highly frustrating.

Those two things seem to be at odds to me.

I use this analogy a lot for sports fans to hate-f**k the media - It's like a guy who says "I really hate that restaurant. The interior is dirty, the service sucks, the prices are too high, and the food is awful ... and that's really frustrating because I eat there every night."

At what point does common sense begin to kick in?

Regardless of how "undeniably poor" an organization this has been journalistic integrity still dictates how you cover certain areas. ESPN has gone down the gutter when it comes to that. I can honestly say I get more annoyed when I listen and you can tell they are doing it just to do it, and they know it isn't newsworthy.

But you're not talking about journalism if you're talking about punditry, there's a difference. ESPN has largely turned itself over to talking heads. It is by design just people expressing their opinions.

And as you wrote, that gets you through your day. Being down in the gutter with them gets you through your day.

Get out of the gutter.

Knickoftime

8/16/2017  12:22 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

So no, they're not.

If you read what he said how could you not agree with it?

Basically everyone is on the Knicks dick. Even if you want to self hate and sodomize yourself with "facts".... you have to agree with Joe

I can because I don't notice or care. I don't watch a lot of talking head shows. I don't watch just to complain later. That's stupid.

He said they're the team of the year, which I guess was sarcastic, but at the end of the day in no way matters.

Are the 2017 Knicks the team of the year?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy