[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah gets late assist (Mike Lupica )
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/27/2004  12:13 PM
Posted by islesfan:

I don't remember those other coaches getting all kissy face and teary eyed when it came to their players.

I'm not saying that it's not a good idea to have a strong relationship between a coach or GM and their best player. Isiah just goes overboard in showing how "close" they are. Like a leach making sure that he's attached himself securely to his host. It just goes to show what type of person he is and what he's all about. Namely himself.

him being so arrogant and worried about himself is actually a good thing b/c that means he doesn't want to fail as a GM.
AUTOADVERT
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
8/27/2004  12:17 PM
A lot of good that did him as the GM in Toronto and the coach in Indy. Or as the owner of the CBA but I digress.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/27/2004  12:24 PM
i'm feeling another 8 page thread coming
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
8/27/2004  12:24 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

i think what he's actually saying is:

"waaaaaaaaaaaa i don't like isiah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

which can easily be confused with:

"blah blah blah blah isiah blah blah blah blah"

Well put.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
islesfan
8/27/2004  12:29 PM
Posted by TMS:

Oh come on, I didn't even participate in the last 3-4 pages of that thread.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/27/2004  1:06 PM

Isles,

of course its a little hokey here today. So what, its fun. See my earlier post. But you don't see me trying to pee on the parade. Why? Cuz you think your superior to all?

Second point, so what if he is trying to suck up to his best players. These guys are emotionally immature in many cases and need some love. ITs a hard cut throat biz and Isiah will chop off their nuts if they don't perform.

ANd if they need a big brother mentor to succeed, whom loses?

For those whom dont get the love, they have contracts, or they are about to expire. Its business, thats all. Nobody is enslaved to the NBA. They can walk away any time.

While He has his faults, particually the way he handedled Don Chaney, but unless he is family, so what! The dude had a nice run and got paid very nice. And he will land on his feet. Chaney is a good man, and deserved better, but get over yourself, its not the end of the world.

ANd if Isiah with all this adding of payroll falls on his face and knicks don't do well, someone will be there to throw his asz out to the curb and kick his payroll adding butt down. And he will have earned all the scorn. But that ain't reality just yet.

The fact is Marbury just set an olympic record and we won. Its a story. People are happy, jump on and enjoy it. If they lose, you still won't be respected.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/27/2004  1:19 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by TMS:

Oh come on, I didn't even participate in the last 3-4 pages of that thread.

i was talking about the entire line of this conversation...pretty soon, someone's going to comment about how you always make negative comments on Isiah, then someone else will make some sarcastic response, then you'll make a sarcastic reply, then some others will chime in w/their sarcastic remarks, & then they'll tell 2 friends, & they'll tell 2 friends, & so on, & so on...

CALGON! TAKE ME AWAY!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/27/2004  1:29 PM
so the running total is everyone thinks Isiah's relationship w/ Marbury is a positive thing. Isles' opinion is regardless of good or bad, Isiah is a fake brown nosing fanny kisser.

Lets move on
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
islesfan
8/27/2004  1:37 PM
LOL Ok, fair enough. I'm done for now.

Although Isiah is a fake brown nosing fanny kisser.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
8/27/2004  5:17 PM
Posted by islesfan:

Exactly, he attaches himself to his best players. It won't work otherwise since there's nothing to gain from attaching himself to the mediocre ones.

Did I say it was a destructive pattern? I just said it was Isiah being a leach who attaches himself to people he can get something from.

Every coach and GM, at every level, from Little League to the pros does that.
Isiah gets late assist (Mike Lupica )

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy