AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/12/2017  7:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Diamond Stone
He can replace oquinn who won't be a knick past this year
I heard he had some conflicts with the Hawks d league affiliate coaching staff. I like him but I think that is why he is available.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/12/2017  9:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
I heard he had some conflicts with the Hawks d league affiliate coaching staff. I like him but I think that is why he is available.

That's why there is 2 extra spots!
Worth the pick at 17. I'm hoping we pick up Wood with slot 15

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
USA
8/12/2017  9:40 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I believe Wood signed in China or Europe.
CrushAlot
USA
8/12/2017  9:41 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I checked. He signed in China. I am not sure if he has an nba opt out.
BRIGGS
8/12/2017  9:44 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I checked. He signed in China. I am not sure if he has an nba opt out.

Oh well. We may have 15 anyway. Diamond stone would've dominated college basketball if he stayed last year-- he's a lottery pick for free

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
8/13/2017  8:57 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Diamond stone would've dominated college basketball if he stayed last year-- he's a lottery pick for free

Low BBIQ player.

Has the raw physical tool set to be in an NBA rotation, but fundamentally is flawed all the way around.

He has a soft touch with his shot. I actually think his ceiling is to be a Stretch 5. He's pretty mobile and will bang it out.

He's a poor decision maker and doesn't know how to function in a role and has a bit of a KnuckleHead factor. Tom Tolbert is a good example of a super limited player because of talent, but understands innately where to be, and why and how to use his body in close contact. Tolbert has/had maybe 1/100th the talent of a Stone, but sometimes it's not all about raw talent. The problem with guys like Stone is they were so much more talented at most levels, that they never had to truly develop their game. At the NBA level, he can't just coast on his current abilities.

Needs to go to Dallas under Rick Carlisle or the Heat under Erik Spolestra to have a chance.

Aaron Rodgers as a rookie and draftee is not the Rodgers we see today. He fell hard in his draft. He thought he'd go No#1 overall. He went to the Packers were Brett Favre terrorized him. Finally, mentally broken and under duress, he reached out to Steve Young, who experienced being behind Joe Montana. He just said to Young, what do I do? How can I be better. Tell me and I'll do it. Whatever you say, I'll do it. Young apparently told him he'd have to rebuild ALL OF HIS MECHANICS. Since he was behind Favre, he had the luxury to time to rebuild. Sometimes, you just need the massive humility to understand you have to fundamentally start over. Stone needs a place where he can learn a little humility. Not sure the Knicks are that place.

Hard to find a skilled 611 260 pd 4-5 with his skills. He's a much much better prospect than Kornett-- not even close

RIP Crushalot😞
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

8/13/2017  10:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/13/2017  7:04 PM
RON BAKER.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BRIGGS
8/13/2017  7:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/13/2017  7:51 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Diamond stone would've dominated college basketball if he stayed last year-- he's a lottery pick for free

Low BBIQ player.

Has the raw physical tool set to be in an NBA rotation, but fundamentally is flawed all the way around.

He has a soft touch with his shot. I actually think his ceiling is to be a Stretch 5. He's pretty mobile and will bang it out.

He's a poor decision maker and doesn't know how to function in a role and has a bit of a KnuckleHead factor. Tom Tolbert is a good example of a super limited player because of talent, but understands innately where to be, and why and how to use his body in close contact. Tolbert has/had maybe 1/100th the talent of a Stone, but sometimes it's not all about raw talent. The problem with guys like Stone is they were so much more talented at most levels, that they never had to truly develop their game. At the NBA level, he can't just coast on his current abilities.

Needs to go to Dallas under Rick Carlisle or the Heat under Erik Spolestra to have a chance.

Aaron Rodgers as a rookie and draftee is not the Rodgers we see today. He fell hard in his draft. He thought he'd go No#1 overall. He went to the Packers were Brett Favre terrorized him. Finally, mentally broken and under duress, he reached out to Steve Young, who experienced being behind Joe Montana. He just said to Young, what do I do? How can I be better. Tell me and I'll do it. Whatever you say, I'll do it. Young apparently told him he'd have to rebuild ALL OF HIS MECHANICS. Since he was behind Favre, he had the luxury to time to rebuild. Sometimes, you just need the massive humility to understand you have to fundamentally start over. Stone needs a place where he can learn a little humility. Not sure the Knicks are that place.

Hard to find a skilled 611 260 pd 4-5 with his skills. He's a much much better prospect than Kornett-- not even close

You are right Briggs. ( Enjoy it, I might not ever say this again on this forum. Haha, take it easy there, we both love the Knicks and want them to win, even if we disagree. That's all the commonality I will ever need with anyone here, others who purely love the Knick down to the bone and want them to win absolutely. I don't always see eye to eye with you, but it's clear, you love this franchise and this team and you want them to succeed)

If Stone is available for a cheap disposable two way contract, the Knicks should give him a shot. He's too young and his physical skill set is too robust not to give it a look. I don't think however the Knicks are really set up now to properly develop a player like this. A guy like Ron Baker, sure, who you don't have to coddle a bit. Maybe Perry can change things quickly and NY can be like a Miami and a Dallas and an Atlanta and have a true developmental culture. But I'm not sure it's now.

Knicks might be better suited for a less physically talented player but with a better maturity/mindset matrix in place.

Stone is available for a reason. That's always going to be a lingering problem for a team in the Knicks talent deficit situation. But you are right, if Stone is out there and can be brought in, it costs the Knicks nothing to see if can scrap the coal off of him.

We seem to have a stronger mopre secure management team in place right now. I know you know Zach Randolp sat on the Portland Trail blazer bench for 2-3 years before he got his chance. This guy isa young Zach Randolph but slightly bigger. Its at 19-20 where we can mold that talent he has--strike at cheap. Luke Kornett will never make the nBA---Diamond Stone is his prime could be a stud. At minimum you could mold a nice trade asset-- at high end you have a great NBA starter in the future. Hes a plus80% shooter from the FT line and he rebounds at a high %. If we cn a mold him into being a team player--his upside is as high as anybig taking from any position lat year--he might ve been the first big picked if he stayed.

RIP Crushalot😞
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/16/2017  6:45 AM

The Knicks need to turn O'Quinn into some type of asset before next season

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
mendoza1906
Member: #6464

8/16/2017  10:54 AM
Alex Portherus, James Young, Jamal Artis, Libeyre, or Nigel Hayes. Any of those 5.
BRIGGS
8/17/2017  12:18 PM
mendoza1906 wrote:Alex Portherus, James Young, Jamal Artis, Libeyre, or Nigel Hayes. Any of those 5.

None of those guys are close to the same talent as stone

RIP Crushalot😞
reub
Member: #6227

8/17/2017  4:37 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
mendoza1906 wrote:Alex Portherus, James Young, Jamal Artis, Libeyre, or Nigel Hayes. Any of those 5.

I wasn't overly impressed with Artis, Labeyrie or Hayes in summer league.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/17/2017  4:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

But does he grab women by the pussies like real men?

Litmus test!

Forget Diamond Stone, the best move of the Knicks off-season would be to hire away the GM of the Fujian Sturgeons who managed to outmaneuver all 30 NBA teams to sign Christian Wood.

BRIGGS
8/17/2017  8:56 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Litmus test!

Forget Diamond Stone, the best move of the Knicks off-season would be to hire away the GM of the Fujian Sturgeons who managed to outmaneuver all 30 NBA teams to sign Christian Wood.

hey Steve you get paid big money to keep an eye on his progress.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/17/2017  11:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Litmus test!

hey Steve you get paid big money to keep an eye on his progress.

Can you explain what that means?

BRIGGS
9/1/2017  3:04 PM
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I wasn't overly impressed with Artis, Labeyrie or Hayes in summer league.

Stone is 6-11 260 with long arms skilled and 20. Unless there is a problem that we are not privvy to---why dont the kNicks pounce--we are light at the 4-5 back up.

RIP Crushalot😞
17 th contract

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy