[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Phil wanted to trade KP to.....What???
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/11/2017  10:57 PM
In this article he wanted to trade KP to Boston for the No. 1 pick and take Lonzo Ball!
At the time we were also down on him for missing the Exit meeting (Phil is thinking like a coach, move the player if he is not bought in!!!) and he had missed a bit of games last season.

I know we all enamored with KP's new arms, exposure to Dirk (A bit over-rated event!, he worked out with the guy!), cool work out videos and he defeated Poland himself today.
Would you agree with the trade or consider Phil crazy?

http://hoopshype.com/rumor/1130809/

AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

8/12/2017  6:53 AM
That's BS.
It's widely obvious by that time that the Lakers would have been the place Ball was going to be drafted. #1 was Fultz. So if Phil was serious about Ball, he trades KP to Lakers who I think take that trade without hesitation.

Lakers would have agreed to dealing Randle/#2 pick for KP. They would keep D'Angelo Russell in that scenario.

Don't believe this rumor. The stated asking price for KP at draft time was 2 starters and a lottery pick. Phil even went out on TV and stated as much.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/12/2017  10:35 AM
Phil was entertaining offers because teams were calling him and see if they offered the moon.
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/12/2017  10:59 AM
You can watch his interview on Knicks Nite Live here: http://www.nba.com/article/2017/06/21/phil-jackson-says-hes-listening-trade-offers-kristaps-porzingis
Link to the podcast that this story came from. Vecsey starts talking about the Knicks around the 1:15 min mark.
https://soundcloud.com/thehoopshypepodcast
...Vecsey says Porzingis got Phil fired.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/12/2017  2:09 PM
Don't phuck with a Unicorn!
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

8/13/2017  1:14 AM
Nalod wrote:In this article he wanted to trade KP to Boston for the No. 1 pick and take Lonzo Ball!

Would you agree with the trade or consider Phil crazy?

Wayne Gretzky got traded. Hence anyone can get traded at any time for any reason.

I don't see Zinger as untradeable. Very few players meet that classification. Dirk. Tom Brady. Steph Curry. Cal Ripken.

If the Knicks could have flipped Zinger for the 1st, then the 1st to Philly for the 3rd overall, another future 1 and maybe a mid range player, that might have been an interesting deal. I still think Tatum will end up better than Zinger over the long haul.

The base problem is right before the draft, the No#1 overall was worth more than Zinger alone against market value. I know many here don't see it that way, but the No#1 overall has rarely been traded in NBA history, and for good reason.

Fultz was the consensus No#1 overall on just about every big board. If the Knicks wanted Ball, and if they got the 1st overall, it would have been better to offer Fultz for Ball and ask the Lakers for something else on top of Ball for Fultz.

I don't Jackson is crazy, I do think he has no business running a front office. He was never groomed nor trained for it. There's stupid and there's ignorant. Stupid is you know better, but you do something dumb anyway. Ignorant is you just don't know any better. I'd call Jackson mostly ignorant, but never stupid. If Jackson truly did something "dumb" it was to not take a Jerry West "honorary role" and just hire a capable and trained GM to do the real personnel job for him ( And no, Mills does not count here)

Phil wanted to trade KP to.....What???

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy