StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

8/11/2017  5:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Papabear wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

As you know I been a Carmelo Anthony fan. When we got him we gave up a whole team to get him. Now he wants to leave and he is holding us ransom to Huston only. Well kiss my azz. Keep him here. It's not like we are sending him to a bad team we want to send him to Cleveland or another play-off team. If he really cared for New York he would help this team get a star player in return. as I recall if we didn't give up everything to get him he would have went to the Nets without batting an eye. Keep Melo here and let him sit on the bench till his beard turns grey. We are not getting nothing from Houston in return. Remember they fleeced us before with Lin. Screw Houston.

scorched lover post! If you *really* cared you wouldnt hurt me so!

Seriously. Dude. He's a basketball player.

Papabear Says

Read what Durant just said. (He took a lower pay so he could keep the core together) He was also faithful to OKC for many years and he left it on the floor. Blood , guts , and tears. What will melo leave us. I was ok up till this point with Melo. He would not be going to a bad team in Cleveland. I think he just don't want someone to come in here as a player and turn things around. remember Jeremy Lin.

Mostly Everybody was ok with MELO until phils comments in december, and then a string of losses, a few uninspired games, and some triangle comments.

All of a sudden it's GET HIM OUT OF HERE, HE DOESN'T PASS ENOUGH, DOESNT PLAY D, HE'S A CANCER. Why would any one want to play with a guy like that, yet stars all over the league are recruiting him, and if he didn't have a NTC, 20 other teams would be blowing mills phones up.

melo has always been a flawed player. Even his biggest strength is scoring and even that can be inconsistent at times. Truthfully not every team is recruiting him. Only houston or portland that have said. I think even melo realizes that he isnt the type of player that can be the MAIN GUY on a contender. He fits better as as second or even third option
AUTOADVERT
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
8/11/2017  5:18 PM
I could enumerate the reasons for wanting a Melo-less Knicks team but won't say what I've said elsewhere. When you read repeatedly how Melo berated KP for standing up for the triangle, and taught him how to purge management (a skill he's developed in his career), i knew he was a cancer and needed to go anywhere. There are many other reasons but he set the franchise way back by how we acquired him and what was offered for his services. PLEASE GO AND POINT TO YOUR SELFISH SKULL ELSEWHERE.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/11/2017  11:39 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Papabear wrote:
fishmike wrote:

As you know I been a Carmelo Anthony fan. When we got him we gave up a whole team to get him. Now he wants to leave and he is holding us ransom to Huston only. Well kiss my azz. Keep him here. It's not like we are sending him to a bad team we want to send him to Cleveland or another play-off team. If he really cared for New York he would help this team get a star player in return. as I recall if we didn't give up everything to get him he would have went to the Nets without batting an eye. Keep Melo here and let him sit on the bench till his beard turns grey. We are not getting nothing from Houston in return. Remember they fleeced us before with Lin. Screw Houston.

Papabear Says

Read what Durant just said. (He took a lower pay so he could keep the core together) He was also faithful to OKC for many years and he left it on the floor. Blood , guts , and tears. What will melo leave us. I was ok up till this point with Melo. He would not be going to a bad team in Cleveland. I think he just don't want someone to come in here as a player and turn things around. remember Jeremy Lin.

Mostly Everybody was ok with MELO until phils comments in december, and then a string of losses, a few uninspired games, and some triangle comments.

All of a sudden it's GET HIM OUT OF HERE, HE DOESN'T PASS ENOUGH, DOESNT PLAY D, HE'S A CANCER. Why would any one want to play with a guy like that, yet stars all over the league are recruiting him, and if he didn't have a NTC, 20 other teams would be blowing mills phones up.

Pragmatically...

That's why. Whether you believe he was a big part of the problem or the only thing that wasn't a part of the problem, it really doesn't matter.

Common sense dictates the Knicks won't be in a position to win anything for the remaining year or years of his deal. At that stage is just common practice for sports teams to start moving on from veterans who aren't going to be a part of the next competitive iteration of the team.

I have no problem with that, I'm not for any deal that sets us back.

This is the logistical problem with a trade. It makes sense for the Knicks to move on from Melo. But on the other hand his salary and his no trade clause makes it very very difficult to not set the team back.

My theory is where this is headed is a full 2017-2018 buyout during the season with Melo leaving a decent chunk of 2018-19 salary on the table.

I don't think it is. With a buyout, his new team doesn't have his bird rights and can't offer him much in salary next year or beyond (assuming it's a team without cap space). I think at a minimum, he'd be leaving $40 mil and maybe even $75 mil or more on the table if he does a buyout. I just don't see it unless he just wants to win and doesn't care at all about money. Otherwise, it might come down to either waiving him or taking the best deal.

The Knicks owe Melo this full salary his season, no if, ands or buts. Next season is a little dicier since it's an option year but since it's Melo's option he certainly has the leverage.

But his Birds rights are the property of the Knicks, not his to dole around as he wants. The Knicks do not owe him that.

That is the Knicks leverage, that they will sit on him and then send him into the free agency without Bird rights in two years rather than one, when he's a year older.

He's in a position to try to get everything right now and he should, but as months go by the prospect of him spending two years on the Knicks and then going to free agency at 35 without Bird rights gets to scales moving back in the other direction.

Actually, I see what you're saying. Those are reasonable points. I'm sure Melo still wants to be traded so the Rockets have his Bird rights. The Knicks would have to convince him that's off the table.

This would be true if we had strong management and didn't have a clueless dumbass for an owner. All Melo has to do during the season is stir up his usual drama and play the victim. Then Dolan will get involved in the trade and we will get raped by Morey. We should take RA as long as we get the picks. Thinking we can manipulate Melo by using his bird rights as leverage shows you guys haven't paid attention to the last six years. It's not about what we owe him, it's about how he will make Dolan look in the media that will determine the outcome.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

8/12/2017  1:09 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Papabear wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Papabear Says

Pragmatically...

That's why. Whether you believe he was a big part of the problem or the only thing that wasn't a part of the problem, it really doesn't matter.

Common sense dictates the Knicks won't be in a position to win anything for the remaining year or years of his deal. At that stage is just common practice for sports teams to start moving on from veterans who aren't going to be a part of the next competitive iteration of the team.

I have no problem with that, I'm not for any deal that sets us back.

This is the logistical problem with a trade. It makes sense for the Knicks to move on from Melo. But on the other hand his salary and his no trade clause makes it very very difficult to not set the team back.

My theory is where this is headed is a full 2017-2018 buyout during the season with Melo leaving a decent chunk of 2018-19 salary on the table.

I don't think it is. With a buyout, his new team doesn't have his bird rights and can't offer him much in salary next year or beyond (assuming it's a team without cap space). I think at a minimum, he'd be leaving $40 mil and maybe even $75 mil or more on the table if he does a buyout. I just don't see it unless he just wants to win and doesn't care at all about money. Otherwise, it might come down to either waiving him or taking the best deal.

The Knicks owe Melo this full salary his season, no if, ands or buts. Next season is a little dicier since it's an option year but since it's Melo's option he certainly has the leverage.

But his Birds rights are the property of the Knicks, not his to dole around as he wants. The Knicks do not owe him that.

That is the Knicks leverage, that they will sit on him and then send him into the free agency without Bird rights in two years rather than one, when he's a year older.

He's in a position to try to get everything right now and he should, but as months go by the prospect of him spending two years on the Knicks and then going to free agency at 35 without Bird rights gets to scales moving back in the other direction.

Actually, I see what you're saying. Those are reasonable points. I'm sure Melo still wants to be traded so the Rockets have his Bird rights. The Knicks would have to convince him that's off the table.

This would be true if we had strong management and didn't have a clueless dumbass for an owner. All Melo has to do during the season is stir up his usual drama and play the victim. Then Dolan will get involved in the trade and we will get raped by Morey. We should take RA as long as we get the picks. Thinking we can manipulate Melo by using his bird rights as leverage shows you guys haven't paid attention to the last six years. It's not about what we owe him, it's about how he will make Dolan look in the media that will determine the outcome.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

8/12/2017  1:12 PM
Paris907 wrote:I could enumerate the reasons for wanting a Melo-less Knicks team but won't say what I've said elsewhere. When you read repeatedly how Melo berated KP for standing up for the triangle, and taught him how to purge management (a skill he's developed in his career), i knew he was a cancer and needed to go anywhere. There are many other reasons but he set the franchise way back by how we acquired him and what was offered for his services. PLEASE GO AND POINT TO YOUR SELFISH SKULL ELSEWHERE.

Do you speak English?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

8/13/2017  5:46 AM
Papabear wrote:If he really cared for New York he would help this team get a star player in return.

I do not understand this narrative at all.

The Knicks were stupid enough to give him a NTC. If he wants to use it as the most leverage he can, well then OK. That's his right. I don't have a problem with a player exercising his contractual rights and finding what works for him.

When people here make that argument, it just lets trolls like jrodmc or any other Melo ball licker roll up and find another reason to blindly excuse Melo's lousy leadership/lack of desire to actually win.

I don't have a problem with Melo using his NTC the way he wants

I have a PROBLEM with Melo refusing to play team basketball the way this team needs.

Melo owes this team nothing in terms of what comes back in trade.

Melo OWED this team everything when it came to trying to win basketball games. And he failed to pay up.

If he just wants to go to Houston. Fine. If he will only go if Ryan Anderson comes back. Fine.

If he just didn't want to play defense his entire Knick career because he did not care? Not fine.

Put on the jersey, behave and conduct yourself as a player with the honor that befits the Knicks logo.

It boggles my mind why so many Knicks fan set the bar so damn low. I suppose it's a life commentary on the cult of celebrity and the cult of the sports culture.

HofstraBBall

8/13/2017  8:42 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Papabear wrote:If he really cared for New York he would help this team get a star player in return.

The Knicks were stupid enough to give him a NTC. If he wants to use it as the most leverage he can, well then OK. That's his right. I don't have a problem with a player exercising his contractual rights and finding what works for him.

When people here make that argument, it just lets trolls like jrodmc or any other Melo ball licker roll up and find another reason to blindly excuse Melo's lousy leadership/lack of desire to actually win.

I have a PROBLEM with Melo refusing to play team basketball the way this team needs.

Melo OWED this team everything when it came to trying to win basketball games. And he failed to pay up.

If he just wants to go to Houston. Fine. If he will only go if Ryan Anderson comes back. Fine.

If he just didn't want to play defense his entire Knick career because he did not care? Not fine.

Put on the jersey, behave and conduct yourself as a player with the honor that befits the Knicks logo.

It boggles my mind why so many Knicks fan set the bar so damn low. I suppose it's a life commentary on the cult of celebrity and the cult of the sports culture.

Let me ask you a few real questions. Why would anyone be stupid enough to trade for Melo and expect him to be a major defensive piece? Specially at the 3? Question 2. Who would be stupid enough to put Melo in a "Fascilitator" position? (Except for year he had Felton, Kidd and we won 54 games) Who led the team in assists, or near the top, in spite of being put in that position, the last 3 years?

The problem for guys like you is that you have never played organized ball. You just get your insight from being a, so called, fanatic. You think every player is suppose to be like LBJ. Fact is, Melo is no where near the level of LBJ. However, he is one of the best pure scorers of all time. Our management was not smart enough to put the right pieces around him. But I have a feeling your background and love of a certain player has you focused on something else.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/13/2017  8:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/13/2017  9:00 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Let me ask you a few real questions. Why would anyone be stupid enough to trade for Melo and expect him to be a major defensive piece? Specially at the 3? Question 2. Who would be stupid enough to put Melo in a "Fascilitator" position? (Except for year he had Felton, Kidd and we won 54 games) Who led the team in assists, or near the top, in spite of being put in that position, the last 3 years?

The problem for guys like you is that you have never played organized ball. You just get your insight from being a, so called, fanatic. You think every player is suppose to be like LBJ. Fact is, Melo is no where near the level of LBJ. However, he is one of the best pure scorers of all time. Our management was not smart enough to put the right pieces around him. But I have a feeling your background and love of a certain player has you focused on something else.

What organized ball did you play? That sounds like a vague term that someone bragging about playing intramural games or in some other amateur league would use. By that definition, I played 5 years of organized ball but I never even thought to mention it as something to justify my views here. I happen to agree with virtually everything triplethreat said there about Melo.
HofstraBBall

8/13/2017  9:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/13/2017  10:05 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

What organized ball did you play? That sounds like a vague term that someone bragging about playing intramural games or in some other amateur league would use. By that definition, I played 5 years of organized ball but I never even thought to mention it as something to justify my views here. I happen to agree with virtually everything triplethreat said there about Melo.

WTF does anything you just interjected have to do with points in response? Never said what level I played and have always tried to make a point to not. As guys like you will think it's boasting. Don't need to boast on a forum. My point was well stated . Guys just don't understand the complexity of putting a team together nor the uniqueness/greatness of a player like LBJ. They just think you get 5 LBJ types and go. For the most part, these internet hate trolls bring out their computer stats to point out any players deficiencies and to boast their internet basketball prowess. Without really knowing anything about the game. Fact is, this guy hates Melo for other reasons besides basketball. And btw. YMCA ball is not organized ball. Lmao

Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
8/13/2017  11:29 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

WTF does anything you just interjected have to do with points in response? Never said what level I played and have always tried to make a point to not. As guys like you will think it's boasting. Don't need to boast on a forum. My point was well stated . Guys just don't understand the complexity of putting a team together nor the uniqueness/greatness of a player like LBJ. They just think you get 5 LBJ types and go. For the most part, these internet hate trolls bring out their computer stats to point out any players deficiencies and to boast their internet basketball prowess. Without really knowing anything about the game. Fact is, this guy hates Melo for other reasons besides basketball. And btw. YMCA ball is not organized ball. Lmao

Jeez, calm down. I didn't say YMCA. I said intramural. Tell the organizer of the league it wasn't organized.
I'm not aware of any statistician saying the game was simple or putting together a team was simple. And I'm sure organizations hiring metrics experts (which is basically all of them now) don't think it's simple.
Paris907
USA
8/13/2017  11:46 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Paris907 wrote:I could enumerate the reasons for wanting a Melo-less Knicks team but won't say what I've said elsewhere. When you read repeatedly how Melo berated KP for standing up for the triangle, and taught him how to purge management (a skill he's developed in his career), i knew he was a cancer and needed to go anywhere. There are many other reasons but he set the franchise way back by how we acquired him and what was offered for his services. PLEASE GO AND POINT TO YOUR SELFISH SKULL ELSEWHERE.

Do you speak English?

Hofstra. I speak English and write the language well.
I also speak and write 4 other languages. Is it the the content you've issue with or do you feel the need to still bow before misanthrope Melo. (On the iPhone from a beach in Jupiter)

HofstraBBall

8/13/2017  12:00 PM
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Do you speak English?

I also speak and write 4 other languages. Is it the the content you've issue with or do you feel the need to still bow before misanthrope Melo. (On the iPhone from a beach in Jupiter)

Then you have to go back and fully read disparaging stories. Who got Phil fired? Did Melo make that person miss his exit meeting? Did Melo miss the exit meeting?

meloshouldgo

8/13/2017  12:14 PM
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Do you speak English?

He is a xenophobic troll and he can barely speak or write anything without mentioning Lin or 54 wins, that's about the extent of his vocabulary. Ignore his incoherent blabbering.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

8/13/2017  12:23 PM
My concern with keeping Melo is the same.
I don't think he will tank or play without care for his teammates. He's not that type of cancerous player.
However it will be a distraction, his trade desitionation and status with the team.
Then he will launch 18-20 shots a game when given minutes and it will take away from the addition of Tim Hardaway.
We need to let the younger players get their shots off and run the offense - for better or worse.

If it's worse, so be it. We're a top 5 pick team next year with assets such as the top 5 pick, Porzingis, Hernangomez, Frank. We can make more moves through trades.

If it's better, that's fine as well. If this team somehow rallies without Melo and competes, they may be a competitive team that can get respectablity. That means you have already a young core in place that is a great longterm solution, you just need to add some parts. Not make any major moves. You learn much more about Kristaps as a player as well.

My head says as good as a player Melo is, you have to with the NTC try to make the deal with Houston and a third team. If that is not working out and now you're into September. At that point you try to either go with a buyout or get as many draft assets (previous draft picks by Houston already made and future draft picks) to go with Ryan Anderson. You can't keep moving forward with the status quo.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/13/2017  12:43 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:My concern with keeping Melo is the same.
I don't think he will tank or play without care for his teammates. He's not that type of cancerous player.
However it will be a distraction, his trade desitionation and status with the team.
Then he will launch 18-20 shots a game when given minutes and it will take away from the addition of Tim Hardaway.
We need to let the younger players get their shots off and run the offense - for better or worse.

If it's worse, so be it. We're a top 5 pick team next year with assets such as the top 5 pick, Porzingis, Hernangomez, Frank. We can make more moves through trades.

If it's better, that's fine as well. If this team somehow rallies without Melo and competes, they may be a competitive team that can get respectablity. That means you have already a young core in place that is a great longterm solution, you just need to add some parts. Not make any major moves. You learn much more about Kristaps as a player as well.

My head says as good as a player Melo is, you have to with the NTC try to make the deal with Houston and a third team. If that is not working out and now you're into September. At that point you try to either go with a buyout or get as many draft assets (previous draft picks by Houston already made and future draft picks) to go with Ryan Anderson. You can't keep moving forward with the status quo.

Perry made the best decision by a Knicks exec in years by putting a hold on the Melo trade. If the reports are true, Phil was going to make another Ewing Trade. Thats the status quo with this franchise.

Not caving and waiting for a deal that doesn't hurt the Knicks (even if it means bringing Melo back) is something almost entirely new for this franchise. You should be happy.

HofstraBBall

8/13/2017  6:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/13/2017  6:57 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Do you speak English?

He is a xenophobic troll and he can barely speak or write anything without mentioning Lin or 54 wins, that's about the extent of his vocabulary. Ignore his incoherent blabbering.

Hey buddy. You done playing with erasers? Dis you say that you wanted to see the best game winners by Melo? Here you go pal..

btw, I know your slow and confused but posts don't "speak".

Papabear
Member: #1414

8/13/2017  10:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/13/2017  10:46 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Do you speak English?

Papabear Says

None of you get it. I played organized basketball and was pretty good (not that good. I started at PS 14 , st Anthony's, fooled around in college. I was well trained but music was my thing. Saint Anthony's prepared you to go to the next level. Guys with a personal agenda didn't last. We played team ball and respect for one another. The Knicks busted their azz to get Melo and lets face it if Melo wanted to go to the finals he would have a better chance playing with Cleveland rather than Houston. James Harden is a ball hog if I ever saw one and Melo is a ball holder. It won't mix. Melo forced D'Antoni to quit the Knicks. I don't get it. They wont beat Golden State with 2 Melo's. Let's be fair. We go with the best deal we can get for Melo and if he wont waive his no trade then let him sit. I mean give us at least 3 options and if he can't do that. Let him sit. As a matter of fact just pay him and he don't even have to show up at the games. What I think is a real ass hole is one who think he is so grammatically well educated or versed that he can criticize others. My father had a 4th grade education and brought apartment buildings off being a cook and then opened up 2 grocery stores. What have you done besides using your high vocabulary and downing others.

Papabear
meloshouldgo

8/13/2017  11:44 PM
Papabear wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Do you speak English?

Papabear Says

None of you get it. I played organized basketball and was pretty good (not that good. I started at PS 14 , st Anthony's, fooled around in college. I was well trained but music was my thing. Saint Anthony's prepared you to go to the next level. Guys with a personal agenda didn't last. We played team ball and respect for one another. The Knicks busted their azz to get Melo and lets face it if Melo wanted to go to the finals he would have a better chance playing with Cleveland rather than Houston. James Harden is a ball hog if I ever saw one and Melo is a ball holder. It won't mix. Melo forced D'Antoni to quit the Knicks. I don't get it. They wont beat Golden State with 2 Melo's. Let's be fair. We go with the best deal we can get for Melo and if he wont waive his no trade then let him sit. I mean give us at least 3 options and if he can't do that. Let him sit. As a matter of fact just pay him and he don't even have to show up at the games. What I think is a real ass hole is one who think he is so grammatically well educated or versed that he can criticize others. My father had a 4th grade education and brought apartment buildings off being a cook and then opened up 2 grocery stores. What have you done besides using your high vocabulary and downing others.

Calm down, I have no issues with what you posted it your father's accomplishments. My comments were about one specific poster who was actually trying to ridiculous someone else about their English. Now this guy is a troll in my opinion and I have him on ignore, so I only see his stuff when someone responds and quotes him.

Paris907
USA
8/14/2017  4:53 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Papabear wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Do you speak English?

Papabear Says

Calm down, I have no issues with what you posted it your father's accomplishments. My comments were about one specific poster who was actually trying to ridiculous someone else about their English. Now this guy is a troll in my opinion and I have him on ignore, so I only see his stuff when someone responds and quotes him.

Thanks. Yes I see that now. Maybe Hofstra should just pay up on his cable bill and enjoy Melo from Houston or Portland. Melo plays zilch D, and shot awful in the 4th. Maybe Hofstra can show us his tapes at Syracuse next. It wasn't too long ago now was it? Or perhaps as an Olympian? When he was a winner but it won't happen in the NBA.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/14/2017  11:27 AM
Nice vintage melo game winners on those Youtube.
For melo fans you can play those over and over again and enjoy them.
Its too bad there have not been many games of importance while he was a knick. Game winners in the playoffs? Rivalry games of importance?
Games that determine seeding down the stretch.

Its not melo's fault entirely. I agree. As he said, "when the writing is on the wall".........
The writing is on the wall. He has agreed to be traded, the rest is now posturing.

Keep Anthony's azz here

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy