[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah Thomas so far
Author Thread
NYKfan1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #679
USA
8/26/2004  4:25 PM
At this point i think isiah has done a great job. he took on perhaps the worst looking situation in the league last year. i mean when u think bac we had no athletic players on the entire roster at the start of last year, we were one of the oldest and least talented teams in the league, and there was no excitment whatsoever. and not to mention the knicks were the most made fun of team in the nba. i remember all the times i had the sit there and here the same joke on sportscenter every nite when they showed the knicks highlights, "the knicks, huhuhu." but after isiah took over everything changed. he brought the knicks their first real star since ewing which no one saw coming, and he made ny a place where ppl wanted to come again. Just the fact that we have heard guys like sheed, damp, say they would think about signing for the mid-level, or vince carter say that he wants to be traded here is huge compared to what it used to be like here. He got jamal crawford which was a great move, Jcraw is going to be the breakout star of this year and i think that tt is also poised to show why isiah went out and got him. im also interested in seeing what nazr can do, isiah has prooven in the past that he has an eye 4 talent so lets not jump to conclusions about nazr, because i remember him playing pretty well for the most part last year. i mean he had a 20-18 game, not many centers in the league do that 2day. And after what i saw from marbury today, this should be a very good year. i now know that i wouldnt trade him for guys like ray allen, or even vince despite my earlier post. The only thing i really think you can chritisize isiah for would be the cap situation but there really was no other way to improve the team enough for it to compete before 2007. i mean its not realistic to think that the knicks really couldve gotten under the cap neway, who was gonna trade us expiring contracts for guys like spoon, i mean would u rather be good for a few years with a 100 mil payroll, with the chance to be very good in three which is when the knicks will finally have some cap room, or be lousy for three year with a team that has about 52 mil in payroll which is where the knicks would be if they had just drafted and let contracts expire, either way there is no legit cap space for the knicks until the 07-08 season when h2o and shandon come off the books, then imagine wat isiah will be able to do!!!so when you really look at it, isiah has done the best job neone couldve with the situation he was given. GREAT JOB IT.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/26/2004  4:43 PM
dude... try using things like line spaces and paragraphs. I get the idea from the first and last sentances, but the block is a little tough on the eyes.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/26/2004  4:46 PM
Posted by NYKfan1:

At this point i think isiah has done a great job. he took on perhaps the worst looking situation in the league last year. i mean when u think bac we had no athletic players on the entire roster at the start of last year, we were one of the oldest and least talented teams in the league, and there was no excitment whatsoever. and not to mention the knicks were the most made fun of team in the nba. i remember all the times i had the sit there and here the same joke on sportscenter every nite when they showed the knicks highlights, "the knicks, huhuhu." but after isiah took over everything changed. he brought the knicks their first real star since ewing which no one saw coming, and he made ny a place where ppl wanted to come again. Just the fact that we have heard guys like sheed, damp, say they would think about signing for the mid-level, or vince carter say that he wants to be traded here is huge compared to what it used to be like here. He got jamal crawford which was a great move, Jcraw is going to be the breakout star of this year and i think that tt is also poised to show why isiah went out and got him. im also interested in seeing what nazr can do, isiah has prooven in the past that he has an eye 4 talent so lets not jump to conclusions about nazr, because i remember him playing pretty well for the most part last year. i mean he had a 20-18 game, not many centers in the league do that 2day. And after what i saw from marbury today, this should be a very good year. i now know that i wouldnt trade him for guys like ray allen, or even vince despite my earlier post. The only thing i really think you can chritisize isiah for would be the cap situation but there really was no other way to improve the team enough for it to compete before 2007. i mean its not realistic to think that the knicks really couldve gotten under the cap neway, who was gonna trade us expiring contracts for guys like spoon, i mean would u rather be good for a few years with a 100 mil payroll, with the chance to be very good in three which is when the knicks will finally have some cap room, or be lousy for three year with a team that has about 52 mil in payroll which is where the knicks would be if they had just drafted and let contracts expire, either way there is no legit cap space for the knicks until the 07-08 season when h2o and shandon come off the books, then imagine wat isiah will be able to do!!!so when you really look at it, isiah has done the best job neone couldve with the situation he was given. GREAT JOB IT.

what the above says, but with less words.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/26/2004  4:50 PM
Posted by fishmike:

dude... try using things like line spaces and paragraphs. I get the idea from the first and last sentances, but the block is a little tough on the eyes.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
8/26/2004  5:32 PM
last year one game was shown on national tv, this year we have like 10 or someting marked down. thats a crazy improvement
NYKfan1
Member: #679
USA
8/26/2004  5:44 PM
lol, k dude, just tryin 2 get the point across man.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
8/26/2004  5:55 PM
Isiah is the man hands down.

He me not build a contender overnight but he breathed life into a dead franchise...and he is still working hard on it. He is also getting loyalty from his players - now that is not something you get by doing a bad job. I have a lot of respect for him and I wish him more success....afterall his success is our success as a fanbase.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/26/2004  8:35 PM
The main difference between the pre-Isiah Knicks and the team we have today is that we have better functional size at most of the important positions... and perhaps a little more athleticism.

Dumping undersized/under-talented like Harrington/'Spoon and Ward/Eisley were huge. Penny's size helps, as does Baker's (as a replacement for Harrington!)
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
8/26/2004  11:12 PM
Posted by NYKfan1:

i don't know about critisizing him for the cap situation. the only big contract that he aquired was steph. but he's someone that can be considered a franchise player. everyone else but crawford will be up either before, or the year that AH's contract is up, or in that year. everything else you said is pretty much on the money. all praise due to Isiah!
last year i could'nt wait for the season to start so i could see my team play. this year i can't wait for the season to start so i can watch my team WIN.
Isiah Thomas so far

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy