Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

8/18/2017  5:47 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

He doesn't miss! If he does that all season, the Knicks will be pretty darn good.

Seriously, the kid looks very good for a "skinny" 19 year old who played in Europe.

No doubt he looks great. His jumper is a little methodical which could cause him to have problems creating separation, but his size should make up for it. Overall, his jumper is smooth. He will be a good NBA shooter. He will also be better this season than people think. He has NBA ready skills on both sides of the ball. Defense and hitting open shots are 2 skills that translate right away.

ball handing is still sloppy, not tight enough

If he had been drafted by Dallas you probably would be praising his ball handling.
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/18/2017  6:44 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

He doesn't miss! If he does that all season, the Knicks will be pretty darn good.

Seriously, the kid looks very good for a "skinny" 19 year old who played in Europe.

No doubt he looks great. His jumper is a little methodical which could cause him to have problems creating separation, but his size should make up for it. Overall, his jumper is smooth. He will be a good NBA shooter. He will also be better this season than people think. He has NBA ready skills on both sides of the ball. Defense and hitting open shots are 2 skills that translate right away.

Disagree on the ball handling the guy has super long arms.... if ball handling was a issue it would have been exposed in France

Completely different athlete in the NBA. This is in a gym with no defenders in front of him and you can see some of the imperfections in his ball handling.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/18/2017  6:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/18/2017  6:46 AM
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

If he had been drafted by Dallas you probably would be praising his ball handling.

Doubt it because I wouldn't give a damn about him if he was in Dallas
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
8/18/2017  9:16 AM
I love Frank. He's a winner.

Dennis Smith, i've seen that movie before.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/18/2017  9:27 AM
Another reason to be happy we have a new PG....

From ESPN about Rose last season

Though he will need to produce off the ball regardless, his struggles from the outside will be magnified if Irving returns. Of the 291 players who attempted at least 50 3-pointers last season, Rose ranked 289th in 3-point percentage. He also shot just 9-42 on catch-and-shoot jumpers, ranking in the bottom 10 percentile league-wide. -- Adams
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/18/2017  11:02 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Disagree on the ball handling the guy has super long arms.... if ball handling was a issue it would have been exposed in France

Completely different athlete in the NBA. This is in a gym with no defenders in front of him and you can see some of the imperfections in his ball handling.

I gauge Nitty now compared to where he was before the draft. His handle has actually gotten better. I think he will only continue to improve with more work. The kid is 19 and has all kinds of time to improve his skills and body. This isn't a case where his flaw is something that is so bad that it can't be fixed. He's preparing for the NBA and not AND1 Mixtape.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/18/2017  11:04 AM
When Denis Smith was sitting out his senior year with a knee problem (He has that extra tendon thing), Frank was playing and starting in the French pro league and a deep finals run.
NTilikina would be a college freshman this season. Smith came back very strong after a year off and showed why he is and should be a top prospect.
We love to focus on the guy was passed on. Human nature.
That's not a knock on Smith, its just how shyt happens. Smith was seen as a top 5 draft at some point.

I don't know who will be the better player. We have a kid that still might grow, he is for a young player not that slight, compared to Fox and Monk he has a fuller build. We tend to think "Triangle pick" first and foremost but I have to hand it to Phil as this kid is certainly a longer term prospect and Phil was pretty much under a lot of pressure to turn this thing around and yet he did not waiver from his plan.
Thus he drafted the best player for that goal.
I wonder of we offered to trade straight up Ntilikina for Smith if Dallas would do it? They are certainly and should be very happy a talent like that fell to 9th. It is possible he is the most ready made guard after Fultz. Ball is a distributer and his scoring avg won't be too critical as long as he fills up the sheet in other areas, and Fox I would imagine has great upside but it will take a few seasons before he is John Wall to whom is if often compared to. Even John wall needed a few seasons to be John Wall!!!!
I suppose we all look at Smith like Steve Francis, Marbury, Kyrie type and all had nice rookie campaigns.

I don't expect frank to make the all rookie fist or even the second team. Im looking for glimpses of the potential to simmer up with the last 20 games of the season as the best way to evaluate and then apply the over rated "letter grades". From what I have read he has to be more instinctive and more aggressive looking for his own shot. Imagine such a thing!!!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/18/2017  11:27 AM
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Ok , fine I'll be the first one to guarantee that FN will be an impact player. He shot is butter. It will open up the floor for him to dissect the defense. He will will propell his team in two years time.

Agreed, I think it's one part of his game that is completely overlooked he's a serious sharp shooter who can create his own shot . Defenses will pay for not paying attention to Frankie and when they do it will open up the whole floor for him to be a floor general.

I think he will be in the running for rookie of the year, he's played pro ball for years against grown men in there 30's that gives him a big advantage like it did for KP. I think a lot of people are going to be eating their words on wanting to draft DSJ instead. Frank is a super talent I'd take Frankie over DSJ 10 outta ten times .

I doubt he will have as many highlights as DSJ, but highlights don't win championships. His defense might be just as good if not better than his jumper, which is nice.

The two important positions you need to build a championship team and we have those positions covered by two young players with room to grow......KP and Frank Nitty

Exactly right.

I agree with this, position-ally they are the most important. You also need an alpha dog closer - get me the ball, get out of the way, and let me score - on the team to compete in the playoffs and win.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/18/2017  12:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/18/2017  1:10 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Ok , fine I'll be the first one to guarantee that FN will be an impact player. He shot is butter. It will open up the floor for him to dissect the defense. He will will propell his team in two years time.

Agreed, I think it's one part of his game that is completely overlooked he's a serious sharp shooter who can create his own shot . Defenses will pay for not paying attention to Frankie and when they do it will open up the whole floor for him to be a floor general.

I think he will be in the running for rookie of the year, he's played pro ball for years against grown men in there 30's that gives him a big advantage like it did for KP. I think a lot of people are going to be eating their words on wanting to draft DSJ instead. Frank is a super talent I'd take Frankie over DSJ 10 outta ten times .

I doubt he will have as many highlights as DSJ, but highlights don't win championships. His defense might be just as good if not better than his jumper, which is nice.

The two important positions you need to build a championship team and we have those positions covered by two young players with room to grow......KP and Frank Nitty

Exactly right.

Right - what complete mess Phil Jackson left us in. We were heavy on the trail of a moonshot at a second round exit and he left us with pieces to build our future on? Whasat?? Can we fire him again?

Genuine question - what executive skill did he demonstrate to obtain those two players?

As I understand it he took a 37 win team to 17 wins, and then won 31 games two seasons later in order to secure the #4 and #8 pick.

Do you believe that was his strategy and if so how does Melo's deal fit into it?

Genuine question what Knick executive last left the team with 4 quality starters with a ton of upside?

Forgiving the fact Ntilikina is only one of those things as far as we know, I don't know, perhaps because it's been a very long time. And considering the Knicks have been awful for 16 years, I'm not sure grading him on a KNicks-only curve really demonstrates anything positive.

Huh? He is one of what things?

Second question exactly what insight do you expect me to provide into the Knicks decision making process?

Perhaps the same you showed into Ryan Anderson's.

Again you are making imaginary points about imaginary events. I never claimed to have any insight to Anderson's mind. What you concludes based on your utter ineptitude is on you. What I did say was it's possible that he would be "more amenable" to a buyout. That's a comparison to Melo. Melo will only go to Houston and they can't pay him anything as an FA maybe the league minimum. Melo will want the rest of his salary from the Knicks this part is projection but it's based on witnessing Melo's motives over six years. Ryan Anderson has not staked out any position that he will play for one team only and that alone should improve his market value and ability to get more money from a team. Which in turn would make it easier/cheaper for the Knicks to buy him out. It's infetence and doesn't need insight into people's minds.

Asking me about what Phil did so you can then dismiss it as speculation is kinda stupid isn't it?

Not really, but I'm happy to adjust.

The two players you mentioned that I inquired about specifically were obtained primarily by the being very bad despite huge contracts given to Melo and Noah, not even mentioning Lee and others. Do you think finishing with 17 and 31 wins and therefore qualifying for the 4 and 8 picks is a credit to Jackson's executive acumen?

I didn't give credit to Phil Jackson, I inplied through sarcasm he left us in a good place with quality starters, which he did. You imputed the rest so you can pick a fight.

And speaking of insight. Aren't you the same guy whose insightful analysis led him to conclude I am a Trump supporter or a right wing apologist? Makes sense you are now the chief arbitrator of "insight".

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/18/2017  12:11 PM
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I gauge Nitty now compared to where he was before the draft. His handle has actually gotten better. I think he will only continue to improve with more work. The kid is 19 and has all kinds of time to improve his skills and body. This isn't a case where his flaw is something that is so bad that it can't be fixed. He's preparing for the NBA and not AND1 Mixtape.

I don't know how you can gauge a guy's ballhandling off a one minute clip lol we have no idea at what point of the workout this clip was recorded. Unfortunately, there's no way to get a proper feel until you see him in an actual game. Handles look fine. I'd like to see him focus more on changing pace and playing off the defender's positioning, but he could already be doing that for all I know.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/18/2017  12:17 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I don't know how you can gauge a guy's ballhandling off a one minute clip lol we have no idea at what point of the workout this clip was recorded. Unfortunately, there's no way to get a proper feel until you see him in an actual game. Handles look fine. I'd like to see him focus more on changing pace and playing off the defender's positioning, but he could already be doing that for all I know.

I agree we need to see him in games but I watched a LOT of his French League game footage and he did improve from his his time at U18. I can tell you that his dribble was higher and out away from his body before and it's now lower and closer. He still needs work but it did look better.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
8/18/2017  12:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/18/2017  12:19 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The workout was also supposedly at 3am in the mourning/night.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/18/2017  12:27 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Exactly right.

Right - what complete mess Phil Jackson left us in. We were heavy on the trail of a moonshot at a second round exit and he left us with pieces to build our future on? Whasat?? Can we fire him again?

Genuine question - what executive skill did he demonstrate to obtain those two players?

As I understand it he took a 37 win team to 17 wins, and then won 31 games two seasons later in order to secure the #4 and #8 pick.

Do you believe that was his strategy and if so how does Melo's deal fit into it?

Genuine question what Knick executive last left the team with 4 quality starters with a ton of upside?

Forgiving the fact Ntilikina is only one of those things as far as we know, I don't know, perhaps because it's been a very long time. And considering the Knicks have been awful for 16 years, I'm not sure grading him on a KNicks-only curve really demonstrates anything positive.

You has a ton of upside. He is not a quality starter. We don't know if or when he will be.

Again you are making imaginary points about imaginary events. I never claimed to have any insight to Anderson's mind. What you concludes based on your utter ineptitude is on you. What I did say was it's possible that he would be "more amenable" to a buyout.

"He is going to be more amenable to a buyout.."

I know what "is" means. You may have meant something different, I can only go by what you wrote to conclude what that was.

I didn't give credit to Phil Jackson, I inplied through sarcasm he left us in a good place with quality starters, which he did. You imputed the rest so you can pick a fight.

Actually I responded the way I did because I had no idea you're speaking sarcastically. If you were, this entire conversation is moot based on a misunderstanding.

And speaking of insight. Aren't you the same guy who's insightful analysis led him to conclude I am a Trump supporter or a right wing apologist?

I have no idea. I don't recall what you're referring to. If you like to remind me on the relevant thread, I'll check.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/18/2017  12:28 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Another reason to be happy we have a new PG....

Though he will need to produce off the ball regardless, his struggles from the outside will be magnified if Irving returns. Of the 291 players who attempted at least 50 3-pointers last season, Rose ranked 289th in 3-point percentage. He also shot just 9-42 on catch-and-shoot jumpers, ranking in the bottom 10 percentile league-wide. -- Adams
Ouch. They need him to be good at exactly what he is really bad at if Irving is there. Also, isn't the recipe for success with Melo to put a lot of shooters around him?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/18/2017  12:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Ouch. They need him to be good at exactly what he is really bad at if Irving is there. Also, isn't the recipe for success with Melo to put a lot of shooters around him?

They might have to make Kyrie play off the ball with Rose in the game. I have a hard time seeing Rose and Irving on the court together much in any case. The defense would be atrocious.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

8/18/2017  1:16 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Shows the work ethic of a great player, not a lot of guys are getting up at 3 am to start there day! Heck yea frankie! Again I think Frankie might be the rookie of the year or runner up. One of the things he said that was eye opening is that he only has one hobby and that's basketball! Don't be surprised if this kid is the toast of the NBA like KP was his rookie year .

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/18/2017  1:20 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Exactly right.

You has a ton of upside. He is not a quality starter. We don't know if or when he will be.

Again you are making imaginary points about imaginary events. I never claimed to have any insight to Anderson's mind. What you concludes based on your utter ineptitude is on you. What I did say was it's possible that he would be "more amenable" to a buyout.

"He is going to be more amenable to a buyout.."

I know what "is" means. You may have meant something different, I can only go by what you wrote to conclude what that was.

Nice, leave out the entire explanation and or any context and keep harping on the one thing you intentionally took out of context.

Actually I responded the way I did because I had no idea you're speaking sarcastically. If you were, this entire conversation is moot based on a misunderstanding.

Once again your inability to process information continued to shine through.

And speaking of insight. Aren't you the same guy who's insightful analysis led him to conclude I am a Trump supporter or a right wing apologist?

I have no idea. I don't recall what you're referring to. If you like to remind me on the relevant thread, I'll check.

Where the heck is Hillary Clinton

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/18/2017  1:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/18/2017  1:42 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Once again your inability to process information continued to shine through.

"Right - what complete mess Phil Jackson left us in. We were heavy on the trail of a moonshot at a second round exit and he left us with pieces to build our future on? Whasat?? Can we fire him again?"

So to compensate for my shortcomings, "can we fire him again?" is not an indication of support for the job he did?

Or was that genuine?

Where the heck is Hillary Clinton

I have no idea. How is that relevant?

newyorknewyork
8/18/2017  1:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Well we did have Calderon, Affalo & KP around him at one point. The complaint then was the we didn't get enough penetration.

newyorknewyork
8/18/2017  2:03 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Shows the work ethic of a great player, not a lot of guys are getting up at 3 am to start there day! Heck yea frankie! Again I think Frankie might be the rookie of the year or runner up. One of the things he said that was eye opening is that he only has one hobby and that's basketball! Don't be surprised if this kid is the toast of the NBA like KP was his rookie year .

Y he is such a great prospect. The understanding and IQ is at a high level already for an 18yr old. He has elite height and length. And like KP he eats and sleeps basketball. Who knows what he is able to mold his 6'5 7ft wingspan frame into.

New York Knicks: Frank Ntilikina working on dribble penetration skills

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy