[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

New York Knicks: Frank Ntilikina working on dribble penetration skills
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/30/2017  10:57 AM
anrst wrote:Frank's step back is awesome. We saw it in his solo workouts too.
that may end up being his goto weapon. In the midrange at his size/length that is impossible to guard.

Time will tell but you are starting to see everything you hope for. Also he seems like a good grounded kid who is really driven.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/30/2017  11:58 AM
fishmike wrote:
that may end up being his goto weapon. In the midrange at his size/length that is impossible to guard.

Time will tell but you are starting to see everything you hope for. Also he seems like a good grounded kid who is really driven.

I gotta say there's more footage of Frank getting killed by the upcoming freshman phenom Isaiah Washington. Frank has a poor first step getting to the basket. Washington was cutting him of easy that's why Frank uses the step back. We need Frank to get in the paint with his size

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
8/30/2017  12:33 PM
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I gotta say there's more footage of Frank getting killed by the upcoming freshman phenom Isaiah Washington. Frank has a poor first step getting to the basket. Washington was cutting him of easy that's why Frank uses the step back. We need Frank to get in the paint with his size

Is this footage available?

Him getting stronger and using his frame to add cover will enhance that. Frank adds strength to his oversized frame where he can fight through contact and use his length to shoot over smaller guards even if they stay on him.

He should study Harden.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

8/30/2017  12:38 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Him getting stronger and using his frame to add cover will enhance that. Frank adds strength to his oversized frame where he can fight through contact and use his length to shoot over smaller guards even if they stay on him.

He should study Harden.

Ahh what footage? I saw a pretty impressive rookie crossing players up and playing lock down defense... where's the footage of Isaiah Washington out playing him... I didn't see it, sounds fishy

fishmike
USA
8/30/2017  12:46 PM
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I can see that. But just like KP has to learn to deal with smalls guarding him Frank will need to learn the same. Frank is going to have a LOT of tough nights. Any rookie guard is going to get waxed and picked on. Im looking forward to how he responds.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/30/2017  2:36 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

At 6'5, 6'6 with a 7ft wing span. Franks mid range pull up game will be tough to guard vs PGs. He can possibly become automatic at a certain range.

Yeah, he's pretty much shooting uncontested J's because of his size. It's a game of cat and mouse. Defenders will have to play him tighter because of the J the J which will allow him to get into the paint. Kidd wasn't able to break guys down during his last year with us, but he was still our best playmaker. He was able to leverage an improved j to make up for his loss in athleticism.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
8/30/2017  4:59 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

At 6'5, 6'6 with a 7ft wing span. Franks mid range pull up game will be tough to guard vs PGs. He can possibly become automatic at a certain range.

Yeah, he's pretty much shooting uncontested J's because of his size. It's a game of cat and mouse. Defenders will have to play him tighter because of the J the J which will allow him to get into the paint. Kidd wasn't able to break guys down during his last year with us, but he was still our best playmaker. He was able to leverage an improved j to make up for his loss in athleticism.

That reminds me. I was going to make a thread or post within one of these Frank threads exactly based on your Kidd point. Jason Kidd was far from the drive and dish PG that he was in his prime when he played for the Knicks. He was 3 & D with high IQ intangible plays of knowing when to .ake the extra pass or dagger 3. With key high IQ defensive plays here and their throughout a game. To go with great rebounding from the guard spot. Kidd at that age was at a higher level in terms of intangibles. But Franks shooting off the dribble has more potential than Kidd. If we can have a version of Kidd intangibles to go mixed in with that ability to shoot off the dribble efficiently. Then the Knicks will have themselves a stud.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/30/2017  5:49 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
8/30/2017  8:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Thank for posting this. Does anyone know who is making these videos? I would love to see the full unedited video.

Trust the Process
Bernard30
Member: #973
8/30/2017  9:54 PM
The videos aren't very long but I've been watching them on an Instagram page under the name cbrickley603. And Frankie's stroke is a thing of beauty. Love his form/confidence. So smooth...
"It was good," Curry said. "I killed Malik, Jerome. The usual suspects. It felt good."
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/30/2017  10:17 PM
Folks should remember that until a few years ago, I think his shooting was not considered a strong point.

He is 19, now, right?

Seems to have the stroke of a shooting guard.

Think about it.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
reub
Member: #6227

8/31/2017  12:26 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:Folks should remember that until a few years ago, I think his shooting was not considered a strong point.

He is 19, now, right?

Seems to have the stroke of a shooting guard.

Think about it.

Phil left us with three young studs in KP, Willy and Frank. They are three integral pieces of a future championship team. Even though Frank is only 19 and would be a college freshman, I believe that his superb defense and offensive acumen will make him a force from day one. He should be our starter!

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/31/2017  9:19 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

He should study Harden.

Ahh what footage? I saw a pretty impressive rookie crossing players up and playing lock down defense... where's the footage of Isaiah Washington out playing him... I didn't see it, sounds fishy

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1841448625868541&id=122412554438832

This kid Isaiah Washington is going to be good

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigDaddyG

8/31/2017  10:37 AM
EnySpree wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

He should study Harden.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1841448625868541&id=122412554438832

This kid Isaiah Washington is going to be good

It looked like Washington was breaking off quite a number of dudes, including D. Mitchell. Minnesota is got themselves a top of the line PG. The even crazier thing is that he's the same age as Frank.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
8/31/2017  10:45 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Who is who? So dark I don't recognize anyone

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/31/2017  10:59 AM
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

You're right, thats also why Frank often employs a stutter step to try and lose his defender, instead of an explosive first step.

I do believe that is something a player can improve on. I know from personal experience. I would practice it sort of like the way a runner practices getting off the blocks. It works.

They showed a clip of Frank guarding Melo at the arc, all he had to do was take a step to the side, and drain a 3. Frank has the physical tools, but I believe the speed of the NBA isnt going to be a cakewalk.

BigDaddyG

8/31/2017  11:14 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Who is who? So dark I don't recognize anyone

The dude getting roasted by Melo is Cleanthony.

fishmike
USA
8/31/2017  11:23 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

You're right, thats also why Frank often employs a stutter step to try and lose his defender, instead of an explosive first step.

I do believe that is something a player can improve on. I know from personal experience. I would practice it sort of like the way a runner practices getting off the blocks. It works.

They showed a clip of Frank guarding Melo at the arc, all he had to do was take a step to the side, and drain a 3. Frank has the physical tools, but I believe the speed of the NBA isnt going to be a cakewalk.

I expect him to struggle most nights. He's a rookie guard in the NBA. Its when I find Phil's 41 vegas win total laughable. Hell, Lebron JAmes struggled on defense as a rookie. Its why I prefer Frank in the 2nd unit to start the season but we will see.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/31/2017  11:29 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I expect him to struggle most nights. He's a rookie guard in the NBA. Its when I find Phil's 41 vegas win total laughable. Hell, Lebron JAmes struggled on defense as a rookie. Its why I prefer Frank in the 2nd unit to start the season but we will see.

Im not saying Frank cant become a top flight defender, but some posters (not you) make it sound like he has already arrived. As a fan, I understand that Frank is a project. Not going to freak out if he looks like a rookie, like everyone else.

Fans should give him time, especially those who wanted to see someone else drafted (1248 cough, cough ) I did too, but I would love to be wrong.

fishmike
USA
8/31/2017  2:25 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Im not saying Frank cant become a top flight defender, but some posters (not you) make it sound like he has already arrived. As a fan, I understand that Frank is a project. Not going to freak out if he looks like a rookie, like everyone else.

Fans should give him time, especially those who wanted to see someone else drafted (1248 cough, cough ) I did too, but I would love to be wrong.

word. I wont lie, Im a Frank kool aid drinker. I would have been good with Monk or DSjr but Frank was the guy I was hoping for. Cant even say I thought he was the best prospect, rather I just liked him the most. I do think he's got elite level tools backed by a good family and a great work ethic. He's played vs. pros, he's a winner and you can tell from the videos he simply fits in.
I dont think he's going to take years to be good... I think you will a nice steady upward progression starting with a nice spot 20-25 minutes a night off the bench. But he's gonna take lumps... you gotta see him through that.
New York Knicks: Frank Ntilikina working on dribble penetration skills

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy