9/2/2017  6:12 PM
Kuuz today 16 points 5 boards

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/2/2017  6:16 PM
Gudris wrote:Kuuz today 16 points 5 boards

Thats good, he's been averaging just under 2 rebounds a game. Kuz has to do better than that next season. Is aggressive going to the rim, has to do the same under the rim.

Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

9/2/2017  8:19 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Gudris wrote:Willy Hernangomez

Points 18
Rebounds 9
Assists 1
Steals 1
Blocks 0
Efficiency +24

Wow Spain has a better frontline than any NBA team.

Willy ready to add some extra-extra in his 2nd NBA season .. playing well against the Gasol brothers

GustavBahler

9/3/2017  12:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/3/2017  12:28 PM
Kemet wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Points 18
Rebounds 9
Assists 1
Steals 1
Blocks 0
Efficiency +24

Willy ready to add some extra-extra in his 2nd NBA season .. playing well against the Gasol brothers

Not too many Willy highlights, but the numbers are good. I really hope Frank can become a quality distributor in this league. Both KP and Willy move well without the ball. Just need a PG who can find them.

Don't care who it is in the end, as long as someone does the job, and plays some D as well.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/3/2017  5:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/3/2017  5:59 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Points 18
Rebounds 9
Assists 1
Steals 1
Blocks 0
Efficiency +24

Not too many Willy highlights, but the numbers are good. I really hope Frank can become a quality distributor in this league. Both KP and Willy move well without the ball. Just need a PG who can find them.

Don't care who it is in the end, as long as someone does the job, and plays some D as well.

If Willy was a better rim protector he would be the most valuable young piece on the roster. He is the perfect center for the 4 and 1, he rebounds like a fiend but like I said not enough blocked and altered shots. Otherwise he is a great center prospect. If Porzingis had Willy's feel for the game he would be worthy of the pedestal many put him on. Porzingis should work out with Willy pick up some of his post moves, he would be unstoppable.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
9/3/2017  6:06 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Points 18
Rebounds 9
Assists 1
Steals 1
Blocks 0
Efficiency +24

If Willy was a better rim protector he would be the most valuable young piece on the roster. He is the perfect center for the 4 and 1, he rebounds like a fiend but like I said not enough blocked and altered shots. Otherwise he is a great center prospect. If Porzingis had Willy's feel for the game he would be worthy of the pedestal many put him on. Porzingis should work out with Willy pick up some of his post moves, he would be unstoppable.

I'm curious, do you think that really happens in the NBA? We talk about players learning from other players, or mentoring other players, but does it really happen? I'm curious how much it does. Or are players who they are with only marginal improvements, or do improvements come mostly from good coaching. I'd love to know the real scoop. Did any young PGs get better court vision playing with J Kidd, or young bigs get more fundamentals playing with McHale, Malone, and Duncan?

GustavBahler

9/3/2017  6:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/3/2017  6:49 PM
Panos wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Points 18
Rebounds 9
Assists 1
Steals 1
Blocks 0
Efficiency +24

I'm curious, do you think that really happens in the NBA? We talk about players learning from other players, or mentoring other players, but does it really happen? I'm curious how much it does. Or are players who they are with only marginal improvements, or do improvements come mostly from good coaching. I'd love to know the real scoop. Did any young PGs get better court vision playing with J Kidd, or young bigs get more fundamentals playing with McHale, Malone, and Duncan?

If you listen to some HOF speeches, you will often hear how a player became a HOFer in part because of the mentorship of a veteran on his team. Most players mentored don't reach those heights, but yes many elevate their game because a veteran told them what to look for, what they're missing.

Panos
9/3/2017  7:43 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Panos wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Points 18
Rebounds 9
Assists 1
Steals 1
Blocks 0
Efficiency +24

If you listen to some HOF speeches, you will often hear how a player became a HOFer in part because of the mentorship of a veteran on his team. Most players mentored don't reach those heights, but yes many elevate their game because a veteran told them what to look for, what they're missing.

Out of curiosity, can you give examples?

GustavBahler

9/3/2017  8:42 PM
Panos wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Panos wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Points 18
Rebounds 9
Assists 1
Steals 1
Blocks 0
Efficiency +24

Have a better question, you really believe in the 70 year history of the NBA, players entering the league have figured everything out for themselves?

Just spent most of the day sanding and painting my deck in near 100 degree temperatures, but for you....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/steve-nash-rookie-vet-interview_us_56a82abce4b0947efb65ef5b

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/features/fran_blinebury/09/13/moses-malone-hakeem-olajuwon-fran-blinebury-feature/

https://www.thescore.com/news/800322

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2031580-13-veteran-players-assisting-younger-nba-stars-this-season

https://clutchpoints.com/magic-johnson-wants-lonzo-ball-mentored-veteran-point-guard/

Gudris
Member: #6213

9/4/2017  9:26 AM
Panos
9/4/2017  10:38 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Panos wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Panos wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Points 18
Rebounds 9
Assists 1
Steals 1
Blocks 0
Efficiency +24

Have a better question, you really believe in the 70 year history of the NBA, players entering the league have figured everything out for themselves?

Just spent most of the day sanding and painting my deck in near 100 degree temperatures, but for you....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/steve-nash-rookie-vet-interview_us_56a82abce4b0947efb65ef5b

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/features/fran_blinebury/09/13/moses-malone-hakeem-olajuwon-fran-blinebury-feature/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2031580-13-veteran-players-assisting-younger-nba-stars-this-season

https://clutchpoints.com/magic-johnson-wants-lonzo-ball-mentored-veteran-point-guard/

Cool thanks. Next lemonade is on me.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/4/2017  10:51 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

9/4/2017  11:30 AM
Panos wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Panos wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Panos wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Points 18
Rebounds 9
Assists 1
Steals 1
Blocks 0
Efficiency +24

Cool thanks. Next lemonade is on me.

👍

GustavBahler

9/4/2017  11:37 AM
martin wrote:

2 things I really liked other than those chest high blocks:

KP @ 1:10 turning the corner and taking it to the rim for the slam.

The last play was a post up under the rim! Made it look so easy. Hope its a sign of things to come.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/4/2017  11:49 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

The last play was a post up under the rim! Made it look so easy. Hope its a sign of things to come.

God the defense on him is pitiful

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

9/4/2017  1:52 PM
I love KP
But he looks about the same as he was 3 months ago.
Physically just a little stronger.

I don't really see any post moves or better ability to do things.

However I will say that KP with a stronger frame, more able to play at a high motor (he gets tired during the NBA season) is an all-star in the East. That's a 20/8/2 player in the league. So I don't really have a problem if that's what we see this coming season. However he doesn't look like he has added too much of post game or any considerable improvement to his skills.

GustavBahler

9/4/2017  2:18 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

God the defense on him is pitiful

Doubt it would have made a difference to you either way.

GustavBahler

9/4/2017  2:25 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I love KP

However I will say that KP with a stronger frame, more able to play at a high motor (he gets tired during the NBA season) is an all-star in the East. That's a 20/8/2 player in the league. So I don't really have a problem if that's what we see this coming season. However he doesn't look like he has added too much of post game or any considerable improvement to his skills.

No one expects him to turn in to Kevin McHale overnight, if at all. Certainly not me. I saw a few post ups, one right under the rim in the last few games. Its progress, I'll take it.

Besides, maybe Latvia's offense isnt geared for KP to live in the paint.

martin
USA
9/4/2017  3:32 PM
martin
USA
9/4/2017  3:36 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I love KP

Did we compare Dirk to Hakeen or Ewing and call them failures when they couldn't do post moves?

KP is a SF in a C's length. He will shoot 3's, take guys off the dribble from out on the perimeter, run the floor like a gazelle, sky for a put back rebound and dunk, and all of those types of things.

We shouldn't judge him on what we want him to do but rather what he can excel at with his unicorn gifts.

EuroBasket 2017 - KP, Willy and Kuuz

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy