Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:kp is not on board with JH and RAMBUST, and if that is truly the case, their days are # regardless if this is a rebuilding yr. If we go into tank mode, he will still be replace. I really think he needs to win 40 games to keep his job.
I think you might be right. KP didn't just skip an exit meeting with Phil. He skipped a meeting with Jeff and Mills as well. I think if he really liked/respected Jeff he would have been there. Not much has been done since that happened to smooth the waters. Phil reacted to the skipped meeting by putting KP on the trading block and not renewing his favorite coach. (It was reported before Longstaff was not renewed that he would be going to Latvia again this past summer). Phil was let go but nothing else has changed other than Jeff is going to be able to run his own offense.
I was really excited about the hiring of Jeff as a coach. I liked what he did with his team in Phoenix and I liked that Phil was choosing a guy that wasn't part of his triangle past. However, I think things were really bad last year in the locker room. I do think Rambis is toxic to the situation and I am not sure why he is still on the bench. I think Jeff has to win back that locker room but the smarter move might have been to hire a new guy. The Knicks need continuity but if there was an us versus them culture in the locker room the smart move would be to move on from Rambis and probably Jeff as well. I do think Jeff was sabotaged a bit by his pres pushing the triangle. However, the I am going to have the last word reaction by the former pres did not help the KP situation in my opinion. Jeff was Phil's coach and the team was really bad on the court and the locker room was a mess. I think a clean break, not trading the future of the franchise, would be the best move going forward. In that scenario Jeff gets a bit of a raw deal but he was a part of what was broken last year. You don't trade what is best about your team in the present and future because that player takes an action that makes it apparent he is not happy with the dysfunction and losing. You try to fix the dysfunction and correct the losing. Firing Phil was the first step. The Knicks need to take more steps to get this thing righted. I think moving on from Rambis and probably Jeff is one of those steps.

fire a guy that is well regarded to bring continuity.
Neither of you can cite a bonafide source that speaks to the problem being Jeff?

And yes, its a new regime and if there is a toxic environment that is not caused by the coach, or the players have tuned him out, then the generic answer is the coach goes.
Very obvious.
There is a difference between an organizational issue vs. a coaching issue. Nalod suspects there was an organizational problem most of last year.
Why KP didn't "exit" properly? I don't think its been accurately told why.

Can you speak to a source that says Jeff wasn't a part of the problem with KP and the locker room? My point was, if things are good with KP and Jeff he shows up at that exit meeting despite what was going on with Phil. Also, is Jeff well regarded in the organization? He did get fired from his last job and he was hired by the previous administration. Part of what happened in Phoenix was on management but he also lost the team. In regards to an organizational issue, how did that carry over to and mess up the locker room? I think Rambis was a part of that and I still cannot figure out how his worth out weighs the potential negatives he brings as an assistant coach. I don't think moving on from Phil just fixed things. It stopped KP from being traded but there are still issues and not addressing them could mean that they come up again.

Im the one asking the question. Since your "THE GUY THAT POSTS THE STUFF" like all the time, its kind of weak to retort with "Can you speak to a source that says Jeff wasn't a part of the problem with KP and the locker room?" Im not the one making the claim. Crush, your better than that!!! Geting into a circle Jerk with Knicks1248 is going to have one ending. Or, "Can you tel it me it won't have a sticky ending"
Jeff's previous job has not bearing on this conversation. Jeff was often cited to his firing as not his doing or his fault.
KP might have a problem with Jeff's message, but not Jeff. KP might have a problem with Rambis's manner, but was his message out of line? Im guessing, Im the guy asking the quetion that you are answering and have not shown any eastablished link that gives it some form of integrity.

Like I said, its all guess work and Innuendo.

We know KP was not responding to Jeff when he texted him earlier in the offseason. We know that the only coach on Jeff's staff that isn't returning was the favorite coach of KP's and there were reports that he was scheduled to go Latvia to train KP. KP and other players did not want Rambis in the head job the previous year. Only 5 guys returned from that squad but the exit meetings kept Rambis from getting the head job. I don't think the problems just went away with Phil leaving. If your issue is just with Phil you respond to your coaches texts.

Seriously, your measuring this all with "reports" about texts?
Lets see if Jeff goes to Euro champinships and lets just see how it all plays out. Whats next? "Did you see how KP's left eyelid quivered when Jeff was critical of his shot selection?
I mean c'mon, coach's and players all get into it during a season. Your looking for stuff, Im saying let it play out. But your taking stuff and running to conclusions you cannot verify can you?
I agree that not off of it is rosey with Phil leaving. Mills had some sarcastic stuff about a very vigorous text relationship they have been having the last few weeks.

My interpretation is PHil still had a coaching mentality to his job and when a player shows insubordination like KP did then you have to react. With rose it was different because he apologized right away. KP went dark. It was a bad move by KP so lets not be too critical of PHil either.
I don't know the current state of things, but you know its not that important in the off season. Its how it all comes together in the fall that matters. If you need confirmation beforehand, well then go for it, but if you can't bring substance then when called out back it up.

I am not sure where you are going with this but comparing not answering texts from your coach to eye lid b.s. is a pretty weak attempt to gloss over an issue. It was also reported that Jeff yelled at Porzingis frequently and he did not do that with other players. It was reported as something that damaged their relationship (not just a coach yelling at his players). Again, KP skipped an exit meeting with Jeff, Phil and Mills. If he respectedand had a good relationship with Jeff he goes to that meeting in my opinion.
I don't think things are good. I also don't think that everything was fixed when Phil got fired.

I guess we'll just see how it all plays out.
If not so good, then Blatt will have to come in, make nice Euro with him and hopefully the Princeton Gang gets it right!

you don't have to guess or assume anything because its so transpaerent. JH is not a really good coach, he's more like an assistant, similar to what woodson is/was.

Everybody in the front office needs to go except for PERRY, who has a ton of experience in the role he was hired for. Jeff loss his locker room real quick with the suns, to the point they made some bad moves in the process that cemented his exit. He loss the locker room last yr when phil needed to appoint rambust as a defense coordinator .

Rambo is still going to come in with his lame defensive schemes, jeff is still going to use kp wrong (as if he's channing frye) and he doesn't have the correct guards (3)to run his offense.

Do you remember the sun ran 3 guards(KJ, JH, and Dan Majerle), and the only success hornacek had as a coach is when he ran Thomas, dragic, and Bledsoe. I don't think the knicks have the players to help JH succeed

ITs transparent? Well captain obvious, if wins and losses matter....Then it is what it is.
Everyone in the front office must go? You do realize we just went on a hiring spree. Roles are not clearly defined publicly. Safe to say not everyone is returning.
Some have contracts and will stay as consultants is the usual line. Gabriel is retired, Gaines is a scout. Not sure if its a demotion because Phils tenure was a bit cloudy on who was doing what beyond titles.
YOur comments are transparently thin.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/21/2017  11:54 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:kp is not on board with JH and RAMBUST, and if that is truly the case, their days are # regardless if this is a rebuilding yr. If we go into tank mode, he will still be replace. I really think he needs to win 40 games to keep his job.
I think you might be right. KP didn't just skip an exit meeting with Phil. He skipped a meeting with Jeff and Mills as well. I think if he really liked/respected Jeff he would have been there. Not much has been done since that happened to smooth the waters. Phil reacted to the skipped meeting by putting KP on the trading block and not renewing his favorite coach. (It was reported before Longstaff was not renewed that he would be going to Latvia again this past summer). Phil was let go but nothing else has changed other than Jeff is going to be able to run his own offense.
I was really excited about the hiring of Jeff as a coach. I liked what he did with his team in Phoenix and I liked that Phil was choosing a guy that wasn't part of his triangle past. However, I think things were really bad last year in the locker room. I do think Rambis is toxic to the situation and I am not sure why he is still on the bench. I think Jeff has to win back that locker room but the smarter move might have been to hire a new guy. The Knicks need continuity but if there was an us versus them culture in the locker room the smart move would be to move on from Rambis and probably Jeff as well. I do think Jeff was sabotaged a bit by his pres pushing the triangle. However, the I am going to have the last word reaction by the former pres did not help the KP situation in my opinion. Jeff was Phil's coach and the team was really bad on the court and the locker room was a mess. I think a clean break, not trading the future of the franchise, would be the best move going forward. In that scenario Jeff gets a bit of a raw deal but he was a part of what was broken last year. You don't trade what is best about your team in the present and future because that player takes an action that makes it apparent he is not happy with the dysfunction and losing. You try to fix the dysfunction and correct the losing. Firing Phil was the first step. The Knicks need to take more steps to get this thing righted. I think moving on from Rambis and probably Jeff is one of those steps.

Neither of you can cite a bonafide source that speaks to the problem being Jeff?

And yes, its a new regime and if there is a toxic environment that is not caused by the coach, or the players have tuned him out, then the generic answer is the coach goes.
Very obvious.
There is a difference between an organizational issue vs. a coaching issue. Nalod suspects there was an organizational problem most of last year.

Can you speak to a source that says Jeff wasn't a part of the problem with KP and the locker room? My point was, if things are good with KP and Jeff he shows up at that exit meeting despite what was going on with Phil. Also, is Jeff well regarded in the organization? He did get fired from his last job and he was hired by the previous administration. Part of what happened in Phoenix was on management but he also lost the team. In regards to an organizational issue, how did that carry over to and mess up the locker room? I think Rambis was a part of that and I still cannot figure out how his worth out weighs the potential negatives he brings as an assistant coach. I don't think moving on from Phil just fixed things. It stopped KP from being traded but there are still issues and not addressing them could mean that they come up again.

Im the one asking the question. Since your "THE GUY THAT POSTS THE STUFF" like all the time, its kind of weak to retort with "Can you speak to a source that says Jeff wasn't a part of the problem with KP and the locker room?" Im not the one making the claim. Crush, your better than that!!! Geting into a circle Jerk with Knicks1248 is going to have one ending. Or, "Can you tel it me it won't have a sticky ending"
Jeff's previous job has not bearing on this conversation. Jeff was often cited to his firing as not his doing or his fault.
KP might have a problem with Jeff's message, but not Jeff. KP might have a problem with Rambis's manner, but was his message out of line? Im guessing, Im the guy asking the quetion that you are answering and have not shown any eastablished link that gives it some form of integrity.

We know KP was not responding to Jeff when he texted him earlier in the offseason. We know that the only coach on Jeff's staff that isn't returning was the favorite coach of KP's and there were reports that he was scheduled to go Latvia to train KP. KP and other players did not want Rambis in the head job the previous year. Only 5 guys returned from that squad but the exit meetings kept Rambis from getting the head job. I don't think the problems just went away with Phil leaving. If your issue is just with Phil you respond to your coaches texts.

Lets see if Jeff goes to Euro champinships and lets just see how it all plays out. Whats next? "Did you see how KP's left eyelid quivered when Jeff was critical of his shot selection?
I mean c'mon, coach's and players all get into it during a season. Your looking for stuff, Im saying let it play out. But your taking stuff and running to conclusions you cannot verify can you?
I agree that not off of it is rosey with Phil leaving. Mills had some sarcastic stuff about a very vigorous text relationship they have been having the last few weeks.

My interpretation is PHil still had a coaching mentality to his job and when a player shows insubordination like KP did then you have to react. With rose it was different because he apologized right away. KP went dark. It was a bad move by KP so lets not be too critical of PHil either.
I don't know the current state of things, but you know its not that important in the off season. Its how it all comes together in the fall that matters. If you need confirmation beforehand, well then go for it, but if you can't bring substance then when called out back it up.

I am not sure where you are going with this but comparing not answering texts from your coach to eye lid b.s. is a pretty weak attempt to gloss over an issue. It was also reported that Jeff yelled at Porzingis frequently and he did not do that with other players. It was reported as something that damaged their relationship (not just a coach yelling at his players). Again, KP skipped an exit meeting with Jeff, Phil and Mills. If he respectedand had a good relationship with Jeff he goes to that meeting in my opinion.
I don't think things are good. I also don't think that everything was fixed when Phil got fired.

If not so good, then Blatt will have to come in, make nice Euro with him and hopefully the Princeton Gang gets it right!

you don't have to guess or assume anything because its so transpaerent. JH is not a really good coach, he's more like an assistant, similar to what woodson is/was.

Everybody in the front office needs to go except for PERRY, who has a ton of experience in the role he was hired for. Jeff loss his locker room real quick with the suns, to the point they made some bad moves in the process that cemented his exit. He loss the locker room last yr when phil needed to appoint rambust as a defense coordinator .

Rambo is still going to come in with his lame defensive schemes, jeff is still going to use kp wrong (as if he's channing frye) and he doesn't have the correct guards (3)to run his offense.

Do you remember the sun ran 3 guards(KJ, JH, and Dan Majerle), and the only success hornacek had as a coach is when he ran Thomas, dragic, and Bledsoe. I don't think the knicks have the players to help JH succeed

ITs transparent? Well captain obvious, if wins and losses matter....Then it is what it is.
Everyone in the front office must go? You do realize we just went on a hiring spree. Roles are not clearly defined publicly. Safe to say not everyone is returning.
Some have contracts and will stay as consultants is the usual line. Gabriel is retired, Gaines is a scout. Not sure if its a demotion because Phils tenure was a bit cloudy on who was doing what beyond titles.

I am mostly worried about the coaching staff as it is currently set. We know only one assistant did not have his contract renewed and he was a favorite of some of the players including KP. We know that the most disliked coach on the staff is returning. We know Jeff's relationship with KP is strained and some of the reasons were mentioned earlier in the thread. We know almost the entire team is returning and there was some 'rebeliousness' on the roster. If that was NDour, Plumlee, Sasha, or Holiday then the Knicks might have fixed that. I didn't include Rose because he had such a great exit meeting and was impressive in his desire to change heading into free agency. I can't buy that things are all good now. I hope they are but I think more needed to be done then firing Phil. Hiring Perry was a good start. Minimally I think Rambis needs to be off the bench. I think there is a good chance Jeff can't win back the locker room on his own. If Rambis is there I don't think he has a chance.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/21/2017  12:32 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Very obvious.

I'm talking every one that was put here by phil and mills as well. Who the hell are you talking about, I'm gonna take a guess that your phils age or older, because you just don't get it.

ES
knicks1248
8/21/2017  12:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/21/2017  12:37 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Very obvious.

I am mostly worried about the coaching staff as it is currently set. We know only one assistant did not have his contract renewed and he was a favorite of some of the players including KP. We know that the most disliked coach on the staff is returning. We know Jeff's relationship with KP is strained and some of the reasons were mentioned earlier in the thread. We know almost the entire team is returning and there was some 'rebeliousness' on the roster. If that was NDour, Plumlee, Sasha, or Holiday then the Knicks might have fixed that. I didn't include Rose because he had such a great exit meeting and was impressive in his desire to change heading into free agency. I can't buy that things are all good now. I hope they are but I think more needed to be done then firing Phil. Hiring Perry was a good start. Minimally I think Rambis needs to be off the bench. I think there is a good chance Jeff can't win back the locker room on his own. If Rambis is there I don't think he has a chance.

Exactly Crush, im not sure what BS moves that was made in the front office that is going to fix the locker room.

Looks like perry went out and gave his friends jobs with glorify titles.

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/21/2017  12:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Very obvious.

One Assistant is not a big deal. Not even worth talking about!

You don't know how many of the players actually had a problem with Rambis. You only have RUMORS about this.

You also don't know if KP and JH have some kind of strained relationship either.

The RESISTANT players at the start of the year were guys like DRose, BJ and Melo from what I can fathom. Rose snapped but seemed to get his head right after his going AWOL. You look at how the kids responded minus those guys and there was no hint of any issues. They played hard and for each other. Young players don't normally risk being disrespectful or disobedient when they aren't secure contract wise, so to me this isn't believable that the younger players would be the source of a Mutiny.

I think you're assumption that JH lost the locker room and needs to win it back doesn't track with how the players responded to him to close the year. What can you point to other than the Melo led Mutiny early on? There would've been internal discussions about Rambis if he was such a bad presence. They had every opportunity to let him go. Only if Rambis is fired before Camp would I accept this notion that he's a major problem for JH. Getting into it with Melo is not enough of a reason.

The Knicks could have a chance for great internal harmony if they can move Melo and start with a Roster full of guys that are more willing to BUY IN.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/21/2017  2:03 PM
You guys are some real deep insiders now!!!
Josh Longstreet is not the most important coach, and since he is gone......Oh my!!!
knicks1248
8/21/2017  3:06 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Very obvious.

You don't know how many of the players actually had a problem with Rambis. You only have RUMORS about this.

You also don't know if KP and JH have some kind of strained relationship either.

The RESISTANT players at the start of the year were guys like DRose, BJ and Melo from what I can fathom. Rose snapped but seemed to get his head right after his going AWOL. You look at how the kids responded minus those guys and there was no hint of any issues. They played hard and for each other. Young players don't normally risk being disrespectful or disobedient when they aren't secure contract wise, so to me this isn't believable that the younger players would be the source of a Mutiny.

I think you're assumption that JH lost the locker room and needs to win it back doesn't track with how the players responded to him to close the year. What can you point to other than the Melo led Mutiny early on? There would've been internal discussions about Rambis if he was such a bad presence. They had every opportunity to let him go. Only if Rambis is fired before Camp would I accept this notion that he's a major problem for JH. Getting into it with Melo is not enough of a reason.

The Knicks could have a chance for great internal harmony if they can move Melo and start with a Roster full of guys that are more willing to BUY IN.

First of all nix, you do realize the only youngsters to buy in was d leaguer, baker, and willy( what other young ones do we have) holiday is in his mid to late 20's, and so is Kuz, that's like 25% of the roster, so your basically saying 25% of the roster brought in...smh

Secondly, there is no more triangle, which is what brought on the rebellion in the first place.

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/21/2017  10:19 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Very obvious.

We know players didn't like Rambis. He didn't get the head job last year because of what the players said at exit meetings. We know Rosen said he struggles to relate to younger players and Wojo said players hated Rambis. It was reported that Jeff yells at KP
A lot and more than other players and that this caused a strain in their relationship. We also know almost every player is coming. Ack from
Last year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
The Princeton Mafia

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy