[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kyrie and Tobias
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
8/9/2017  11:14 AM
Both are free agents in 2019-2020. Melo would be off the books, Noah would be in his final yr and could be stretched. Would have to also have traded Lee & Lance for shorter deals. KP would be due his raise but wouldn't have to be done immediately allowing the team to add FAs first.

They are both from the NJ/NY areas. We need some back channel(cough tampering cough) stuff going on to sell them the idea. Coming home, teaming up together. Winning NY its first chip in almost 40 yrs.

Irving has to be influenced by what he and Lebron did in Cleveland. Tobias would become a household name teaming up with Irving and coming to NY. Would be good for his career.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/9/2017  2:36 PM
I don't think it will be hard to sell either player on NY.... if Melo wanted to go to Cleveland, Kyrie would already be here. We can't pout the franchise on hold for 2 years just to get Tobias and Kyrie. I think in 2 years players will be lining up trying to play in my. We are on the come up.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorknewyork
8/9/2017  4:18 PM
EnySpree wrote:I don't think it will be hard to sell either player on NY.... if Melo wanted to go to Cleveland, Kyrie would already be here. We can't pout the franchise on hold for 2 years just to get Tobias and Kyrie. I think in 2 years players will be lining up trying to play in my. We are on the come up.

Just bringing up the possibility. Their timeline fits with ours. I can also see Perry making a push for Aaron Gordan from Orlando next off season.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/9/2017  4:43 PM
I think this should actually be the goal. Maybe not for these guys (but possibly) but to massage the roster and trajectory for that offseason.

A goal should be to move Lee and Noah for shorter deals. Possibly get an asset for Lee and use it to move Noah. If Noah can get on the court and play a useful role he will have a market. If not he's a candidate to be stretched that offseason, and thats exactly what that provision is for.

KP and Willy will have big cap holds.. like 250% I think but thats still likely to be much lower than they get. I am hoping both are layups for max deals (fingers crossed). So that offseason represents the only window the Knicks will have to be FA players in the KP era

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
8/9/2017  4:53 PM
fishmike wrote:I think this should actually be the goal. Maybe not for these guys (but possibly) but to massage the roster and trajectory for that offseason.

A goal should be to move Lee and Noah for shorter deals. Possibly get an asset for Lee and use it to move Noah. If Noah can get on the court and play a useful role he will have a market. If not he's a candidate to be stretched that offseason, and thats exactly what that provision is for.

KP and Willy will have big cap holds.. like 250% I think but thats still likely to be much lower than they get. I am hoping both are layups for max deals (fingers crossed). So that offseason represents the only window the Knicks will have to be FA players in the KP era

Willy would have one more yr I believe before he has to be increased. Will make 1.5mil that season. One of Phil's best contracts.

Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
8/9/2017  5:41 PM
When I look at the roster I don't see where the scoring is gonna come from. Wily will score 16-19 in a few years perhaps and KP 20+. Yet Frank is a two way guy who may score 15-16. So, where are the points? Gordon is fine but we will need a stud athlete who can fill it up 22+ Night in night out. That will be Jackson or Bostons pick this year. That will be what the Knicks need to get over the hump and threaten Boston in the east. A 6-9" shooting stud
Or maybe Doncic - a difference maker.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/9/2017  6:23 PM
Its up to KP to show big time FAs that he can be a full fledged member of any dream team. That and playing in NYC would be a good draw.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/9/2017  6:34 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:I think this should actually be the goal. Maybe not for these guys (but possibly) but to massage the roster and trajectory for that offseason.

Willy would have one more yr I believe before he has to be increased. Will make 1.5mil that season. One of Phil's best contracts.

He will be an unrestricted free agent in 2020-2021. The Knicks will have his Bird rights, and his cap hold will be $2.96m.

newyorknewyork
8/9/2017  6:54 PM
Paris907 wrote:When I look at the roster I don't see where the scoring is gonna come from. Wily will score 16-19 in a few years perhaps and KP 20+. Yet Frank is a two way guy who may score 15-16. So, where are the points? Gordon is fine but we will need a stud athlete who can fill it up 22+ Night in night out. That will be Jackson or Bostons pick this year. That will be what the Knicks need to get over the hump and threaten Boston in the east. A 6-9" shooting stud
Or maybe Doncic - a difference maker.

You forgot Hardaway Jr.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/9/2017  9:26 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Not just Phil its one of the best contracts in the NBA

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

8/10/2017  8:06 AM

I see a stretch provision in the future for Noah. Maybe after this season. I don't see us trading him without sending 2 first round picks out

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

8/10/2017  8:17 AM

Yep, its why I didn't want to sign Hardaway. I wanted to keep that money with hope of getting a legitimate star. Spending that money hurt the future of the franchise more than most realize, or want to admit. This year should of been an all out tank. I really think they needed to get 1 more very high pick into the talent pool. I think no matter what they do now they are going to be short talent. Plus I dont think Frank is a PG so they basically doubled down at the 2. I just don't think his handle and dribble penetration is anywhere good enough to be a high level talent at PG. He looks more like a secondary ball handler. When you put him at SG his length becomes much less of an asset than it would of been at PG.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/10/2017  9:16 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

Yep, its why I didn't want to sign Hardaway. I wanted to keep that money with hope of getting a legitimate star. Spending that money hurt the future of the franchise more than most realize, or want to admit. This year should of been an all out tank. I really think they needed to get 1 more very high pick into the talent pool. I think no matter what they do now they are going to be short talent. Plus I dont think Frank is a PG so they basically doubled down at the 2. I just don't think his handle and dribble penetration is anywhere good enough to be a high level talent at PG. He looks more like a secondary ball handler. When you put him at SG his length becomes much less of an asset than it would of been at PG.

I don't understand the obsession with tanking. Tanking is a relatively new term (maybe 5-7 years) and no team has become successful from it yet. The best team in the league successfully built thru the draft without tanking and found all of their talent outside of the top 5. Rebuilding is what we are doing, and that is the right move. Huge difference from tanking. If they feel Hardaway is a good investment, so be it. It is best to try to win as many games as possible with this young core, and draft the best player available at whatever pick we land and hope it works out. Losing on purpose is not the answer to anything in life.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/10/2017  9:59 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I don't understand the obsession with tanking. Tanking is a relatively new term (maybe 5-7 years) and no team has become successful from it yet. The best team in the league successfully built thru the draft without tanking and found all of their talent outside of the top 5. Rebuilding is what we are doing, and that is the right move. Huge difference from tanking. If they feel Hardaway is a good investment, so be it. It is best to try to win as many games as possible with this young core, and draft the best player available at whatever pick we land and hope it works out. Losing on purpose is not the answer to anything in life.

The best team in the league had a lot of luck and was able add talent before their cap situation became too dense. The Hardaway contract limits out ability to do that. I'm not saying we shouldn't win games, but the Knicks shouldn't throw their money away chasing mediocrity. I'm not sure wed be that much worse if we decided to keep Holiday on a smaller, short-term deal. We'd still be a low-rung lottery team, but one with more flexibility the cap. Maybe we can free up some space, but it won't be enough unless we trade Melo without taking on another bad deal.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/10/2017  9:59 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I agree on your tanking take and I have no problem with signing THjr.

First there is ZERO precedent for the Knicks landing "a legitimate star" as Jmpasq would hope. Zero. So Jmpasq is going to have to REALLY sell me hard on why the Knicks should purposely NOT build up the team and improve in hopes of something happening that has never happened.

Next up, the Knicks dont have the kind of roster that makes sense to start the year in a tank mode. Assume Melo is in a void and not around for the sake of discussion. Knicks still have Noah, Lee, Lance, KOQ and Sessions to balance out their "build around" group of KP, Willy, Frank, THjr, Baker and Dotson.

Thats just not a tanking team. Thats a team with a young core and a mix of vets to balance. That team needs to learn to win games. We have our pick. If the season takes a bad turn maybe we become sellers and the vets sit, but in the summer time? No. Its silly.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Kyrie and Tobias

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy