Nalod wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Making the playoffs has way more benefits than then a lottery pick

Like what exactly. Go ahead lay them out

Dude we won 31 games last year in one of the most toxic environments in the league, not to mention the ever changing triangle.

Were coming back with primarily the same roster and a upgrade a sg, sf(to replace lance), pg and no triangle, and no meddling president. AT some point we will be able to sign or trade for the wing player/star to replace melo.

WHY would you want your young guys and coaching staff to go through another miserable, depressing, losing culture, bad vibes, low energy, toxic locker room season, only to be rewarded with a role player.

You can have a healthy culture in a growing .400 team that's headed in the right direction or a terrible culture in a team that makes the playoffs. You're confusing two separate issues. The win total doesn't define the culture of the team. The mindset of the players, coaches, and front office does.

so if we make the playoffs that's a bad thing?

you can still trade up in the draft and you already know the players and coaching staff are coming in with one goal in mind..MAKE THE PLAYOFFS..

so to sit here and talk about blowing it up, or tanking is kind of silly, because you know that's not happening. I would rather see our role players and young guys step up and increase their value so they become assets. They had zero value this off season, which is why we couldn't trade them

IF melo is not traded, do you really think were bad enough to get a top 10 pick, let alone top 5

Making the playoffs is not necessarily good or bad. It depends on too many other factors. If they starphuck their way into a brief playoff appearance along the lines of Marbury's 2003-4 Knicks, it is a bad thing - worse than a growing team that has a couple less wins and misses the playoffs.

what exactly is your definition of starphuck, is it trading for a player like PG13, Kd, Irving, labron, Aldridge.

was the knicks starphuckng when they traded for monore and won a championship..

Starphuck - Overpaying for an overrated player

Starphucking describes the transaction - not just the player but what was given up to get them and how much you're paying them.

Great description professor!!!

Starphuck is the phrase you use to label any trade you don't like that involves a player that has a recognizable name. You can also change the word to a noun by adding -er to it to troll people who don't agree with you.

Starphucker is someone who gravitates to fame without substance. Kardashians are starphuchers.
Could be someone that wants the big name player on their team but does not consider the consequences to aquire that player. Dolan was a starphucker for wanting Amare and Melo. Coming home savior homers were starphucked when Melo came to knicks.
THere is no place for "Starphuch" to label a trade one does not like for the hell of it. Bargnani was trade for the pick was not a starphuch, it was just stupid.

Notable Starphucks: Amare, Melo, Marbury, Isiah, Phil, and Larry Brown.
We either over paid via trade or salary. Melo is not that offensive but expectations were so high that fans made him him one. Trade wise it was not really a starphuch.

Some of those are B.S. and you know it. Amare's contract sucked but he wasn't a starphuck. He played really well until theu went and got Melo. Melo I can probably give you that they should have waited and they got him in his prime, not passed his prime. I was a HUGE fan of Denver Melo's game. Unfortunately, he either left his game in Denver or was castrated by D'antoni because he was not the same player here.

Marbury may have been but they needed a name coming off of Layden and they had NO youth in the pipeline. At the time Robinson was a circus act and Lee was a low ceiling player.

Isaiah, hindsight, being 20/20, you could label it that but remember the caveat that Magic Johnson referred Isaiah to Dolan. At the time of hire that has gravitas.

No way you call Larry Brown a starphuck. That is just not true. One of the winningest coaches on the league? A Hall of fame coach? The guy is coaching fairly well on the college ranks currently.

Once again with Phil you are using your current knowledge to judge the hiring at the time. Remember, right before Phil was hired? Protests at the Garden? People killing Dolan for being involved? Team infighting? I understand WHY he was hired. And I think he reset the situation well long term. Phil was the Knicks rebound chick.

The one you player you didn't mention, that I'm surprised you didn't, that I literally have NO argument for is Steve Francis. That was a clusterphuck.

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
8/10/2017  3:09 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Making the playoffs has way more benefits than then a lottery pick

I'm sure the teams that drafted LeBron, Durant, harden and Westbrook, Tim Duncan, etc etc would agree- I'm sure they deeply regretted landing a top lottery picks those years instead of making the playoffs

smackeddog
Member: #883
8/10/2017  3:11 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Dude we won 31 games last year in one of the most toxic environments in the league, not to mention the ever changing triangle.

Were coming back with primarily the same roster and a upgrade a sg, sf(to replace lance), pg and no triangle, and no meddling president. AT some point we will be able to sign or trade for the wing player/star to replace melo.

WHY would you want your young guys and coaching staff to go through another miserable, depressing, losing culture, bad vibes, low energy, toxic locker room season, only to be rewarded with a role player.

Man, if only we'd made the playoffs instead of drafting KP that year- we'd be in much better shape right now

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/10/2017  7:31 AM
joec32033 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

You can have a healthy culture in a growing .400 team that's headed in the right direction or a terrible culture in a team that makes the playoffs. You're confusing two separate issues. The win total doesn't define the culture of the team. The mindset of the players, coaches, and front office does.

you can still trade up in the draft and you already know the players and coaching staff are coming in with one goal in mind..MAKE THE PLAYOFFS..

so to sit here and talk about blowing it up, or tanking is kind of silly, because you know that's not happening. I would rather see our role players and young guys step up and increase their value so they become assets. They had zero value this off season, which is why we couldn't trade them

IF melo is not traded, do you really think were bad enough to get a top 10 pick, let alone top 5

Making the playoffs is not necessarily good or bad. It depends on too many other factors. If they starphuck their way into a brief playoff appearance along the lines of Marbury's 2003-4 Knicks, it is a bad thing - worse than a growing team that has a couple less wins and misses the playoffs.

what exactly is your definition of starphuck, is it trading for a player like PG13, Kd, Irving, labron, Aldridge.

Starphucking describes the transaction - not just the player but what was given up to get them and how much you're paying them.

Starphuck is the phrase you use to label any trade you don't like that involves a player that has a recognizable name. You can also change the word to a noun by adding -er to it to troll people who don't agree with you.
Starphucker is someone who gravitates to fame without substance. Kardashians are starphuchers.
Could be someone that wants the big name player on their team but does not consider the consequences to aquire that player. Dolan was a starphucker for wanting Amare and Melo. Coming home savior homers were starphucked when Melo came to knicks.
THere is no place for "Starphuch" to label a trade one does not like for the hell of it. Bargnani was trade for the pick was not a starphuch, it was just stupid.

We either over paid via trade or salary. Melo is not that offensive but expectations were so high that fans made him him one. Trade wise it was not really a starphuch.

Some of those are B.S. and you know it. Amare's contract sucked but he wasn't a starphuck. He played really well until theu went and got Melo. Melo I can probably give you that they should have waited and they got him in his prime, not passed his prime. I was a HUGE fan of Denver Melo's game. Unfortunately, he either left his game in Denver or was castrated by D'antoni because he was not the same player here.

Marbury may have been but they needed a name coming off of Layden and they had NO youth in the pipeline. At the time Robinson was a circus act and Lee was a low ceiling player.

Isaiah, hindsight, being 20/20, you could label it that but remember the caveat that Magic Johnson referred Isaiah to Dolan. At the time of hire that has gravitas.

No way you call Larry Brown a starphuck. That is just not true. One of the winningest coaches on the league? A Hall of fame coach? The guy is coaching fairly well on the college ranks currently.

Once again with Phil you are using your current knowledge to judge the hiring at the time. Remember, right before Phil was hired? Protests at the Garden? People killing Dolan for being involved? Team infighting? I understand WHY he was hired. And I think he reset the situation well long term. Phil was the Knicks rebound chick.

The one you player you didn't mention, that I'm surprised you didn't, that I literally have NO argument for is Steve Francis. That was a clusterphuck.

Larry Brown was most certainly a starphuch. Exhausted after two years of finals and olympics he took huge money to come to ny with a dysfunctional cast and a power "Clash of the Starphuchs" with Isaiah". What Team executive do you know goes on Letterman the first week on the job? He with all his arrogance disrespected Chaney who was respected and was doing a decent job with roster that had lots of expiring contracts and we had our draft picks. Isiah was not hyped? Even Magic Johnson himself is a total starphuch then and now!!!! That does not mean it dont work out BTW. Magic now hyped as the new president of lakers it's no real cred as a team exec ever. It's his name. Larry clashed, was awful here and was paid $$18mil for one year. That's a freaking starphuch!!! Hype does not match performance! We took a HOF guy and made a mockery of it!
Phil was never an exec, and we paraded him out as the new messiah at $60mil. I loved it!!! Total starphuch!!! The protests all stopped on a dime! Even if it worked it was a starphuch at $60 mil!!!
Francis was on his decline so there was no real hype. Not like Earl Monroe coming in his prime. That was just a bad trade, no starphuch.
Amare proclaimed "NY BASKETBall is back"""", 100mil uninsured and everyone knew he had health problems. He had a MVP first half of one season then two things, he broke and then MELO came.
Like I said, Melo the player and the trade was not the starphuch, it was the expectation from the team no media that made this golden Mooby worship of a false god out proportion to reality. Only Lebron could have delivered such a promise!!! MElo was not a starphuch, but we fans were starphucked!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/10/2017  7:34 AM
smackeddog wrote:
I'm sure the teams that drafted LeBron, Durant, harden and Westbrook, Tim Duncan, etc etc would agree- I'm sure they deeply regretted landing a top lottery picks those years instead of making the playoffs
You don't have to tank to get Harden and Westbrook. Duncan and Lebron are worth it in those years.
Looming are Greg Oden, Kwame Brown, Darko, Anthony and Anthony Bennett.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
8/10/2017  8:02 AM
Nalod wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Larry Brown was most certainly a starphuch. Exhausted after two years of finals and olympics he took huge money to come to ny with a dysfunctional cast and a power "Clash of the Starphuchs" with Isaiah". What Team executive do you know goes on Letterman the first week on the job? He with all his arrogance disrespected Chaney who was respected and was doing a decent job with roster that had lots of expiring contracts and we had our draft picks. Isiah was not hyped? Even Magic Johnson himself is a total starphuch then and now!!!! That does not mean it dont work out BTW. Magic now hyped as the new president of lakers it's no real cred as a team exec ever. It's his name. Larry clashed, was awful here and was paid $$18mil for one year. That's a freaking starphuch!!! Hype does not match performance! We took a HOF guy and made a mockery of it!
Phil was never an exec, and we paraded him out as the new messiah at $60mil. I loved it!!! Total starphuch!!! The protests all stopped on a dime! Even if it worked it was a starphuch at $60 mil!!!
Francis was on his decline so there was no real hype. Not like Earl Monroe coming in his prime. That was just a bad trade, no starphuch.
Amare proclaimed "NY BASKETBall is back"""", 100mil uninsured and everyone knew he had health problems. He had a MVP first half of one season then two things, he broke and then MELO came.
Like I said, Melo the player and the trade was not the starphuch, it was the expectation from the team no media that made this golden Mooby worship of a false god out proportion to reality. Only Lebron could have delivered such a promise!!! MElo was not a starphuch, but we fans were starphucked!

So every major move we made is a starphuck.

You are judging these moves with the knowledge of how these guys finished their tenure and applying it to when they were hired. They didn't work? They were a big name or big money? Starphuck. Starphuck. Starphuck. Almost every move had a shred of logic to it (except for the one that I pointed out in Francis). Isaiah, vetted by a hall of famer. Brown, one of the best coaches ever. Aware, we needed a star he was the only one willing to come, albeit at a ridiculous contract. All made a semblance of basketball sense. But your reasoning seems to be, to me anyway, they didn't work and they were big money! Starphuck!

Very flawed logic to me.

~You can't run from who you are.~
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/10/2017  8:04 AM
Nalod wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

They should of moved Amare for Iggy after the first season. There were trade rumors out there about that. It would of created a much more balanced team.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Much more of an attractive team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy