8/8/2017  9:07 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/8/2017  9:25 AM
I wonder if some of the old guard will be let go or will move on. It does appear that Perry has at least some autonomy.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/8/2017  9:33 AM
CrushAlot wrote:I wonder if some of the old guard will be let go or will move on. It does appear that Perry has at least some autonomy.

I certainly hope so. We've had a lot of high profile guys come, fail, go... and the one constant is they all had to keep certain guys. I hope to see most of them go, unless they have truly earned it - like Gaines

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/8/2017  9:39 AM
I don't remember Phil bringing in this many people. Sure, he had Gaines and the coaching staff.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/8/2017  9:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/8/2017  9:53 AM
Is anyone leaving???
Seems the CAA mafia is on the way out???
I know many of you are like: (do the Michael Rappaport voice) "Knicks sucks balls, wtf has orlando done so it its the same old bullshyt and whoa-is-me Melo is god and we outbid ourselves for everyone and, and, and dolan sucks balls and Phil is still in the closet and, and, and we I love freaking Oak!!!!".

First off These guys were all under Henningan who works for awful owners in Orlando. Lets be real, good GM's get wasted under bad ownership. I know some of you think GM's run the place, and they do make a lot of personel decisions but if your looking for a common denominater then look at the head of the table.

Funny, when they fired Henningen in orlando at nearly the same moment it was rumored ownership was looking at Grant Hill. Clev looked at Billups, and Knicks spend when Jax was removed floated Masai Ujiri. So its like "Fire the guy, then put a starphuch hope rumor out there". Doe those who love the young GM from good teams lets not forget Hennigan was a fresh faced 31 year old from OKC under Sam Presti and he sort of made a mess of things in Orlando. The White board photo was not a career killer, but it was possibly an exclamation point.

Why Grant Hill? Beloved in orlando perhaps. But the dude is Vice Chairman in the Atlanta Hawks ownership group, or known as "a part owner" and he does TV. Sweet life. Why go work for ******* De Voss family? Then they float out Doc Rivers who is under contract still in LA for big money. 10mil a year!!!!

Perry was not even assistant GM down in Orlando. Maybe its just the luck in orlando wore out. For a few years they were Lottery winners nabbing Shaq and Little Penny back to back. They also Got Dwight Howard with the no. 1 pick.
Under Hennigan, they did not have suck luck. Olidipo at 2nd pick not a bad choice in an awful draft!!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NBA_draft Problem was not the pick, it was awful. At least they did have to chose from anthony bennett!!

As for Perry and his "Team", lets give these guys the benefit of the doubt as they might have been thwarted in Orlando under the GM. Maybe they had a better idea of what to do in hindsight.
This is Mills culture now. I do hope they can incorperate Gaines and use his talents. This is a new era and Mills has filled it up with his guys. Is the Warkentein (2009 exec of the year) era finally over? He was the Director of player personel for the knicks and was last signed in 2014. He was bought in under Walsh.

Knicks have bought in qualified people too, but what is the problem with them not able to fulfil their success? The guy at the head of the table?

When Phil came he became the guy at the head of the knick table and he cleaned up the roster and moved the franchise in a better place regarding Yoot.
Phil was not complete as a team president. Mills was the proper choice and I get why he gave way to Phil in the starphuch that was.
Mills is the right guy for this job and he is surrounding himself with his own basketball people. Its all very boring to some of you but it speaks volume to changes and the decision making process.
That should excite you.

Since all things end up on Melo, its clear the knicks don't have much in management that are attached to Melo.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/8/2017  10:00 AM
It seems like mgmt is finally acknowledging that its time to clean house. I get a certain amount of bringing in your own people, but I hope there is more than comfort level involved in some of these hires. Thats been a source of the Knicks failures over the years. Execs comfortable with each other, and losing.
Nalod
USA
8/8/2017  10:57 AM
GustavBahler wrote:It seems like mgmt is finally acknowledging that its time to clean house. I get a certain amount of bringing in your own people, but I hope there is more than comfort level involved in some of these hires. Thats been a source of the Knicks failures over the years. Execs comfortable with each other, and losing.

I agree. But also when the boss says "get me a star at all costs" and your picks go out the door, as well as other resources like cap space then its harder and harder to build in.
Thats why the guy at the head of the table matters.
Take Mozgov for example, granted the kid is no star but as a free agent signing at 3mm per he was a great value. So the team does this great thing, at the very least finds a capable NBA back up center which allows you to put resources into other areas and we freaking throw him into a trade.
Small things add up.
BIg things too!!
Whose idea was it to sign Amare to that deal? Walsh? Really? A guy Dolan did not respect was given that kind of autonomy to invest $100,000,000?
Nalod will keep repeating this until it becomes legend that Gm's don't sign the checks.

Rest assured Dolan is:

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/8/2017  11:16 AM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:It seems like mgmt is finally acknowledging that its time to clean house. I get a certain amount of bringing in your own people, but I hope there is more than comfort level involved in some of these hires. Thats been a source of the Knicks failures over the years. Execs comfortable with each other, and losing.

I agree. But also when the boss says "get me a star at all costs" and your picks go out the door, as well as other resources like cap space then its harder and harder to build in.
Take Mozgov for example, granted the kid is no star but as a free agent signing at 3mm per he was a great value. So the team does this great thing, at the very least finds a capable NBA back up center which allows you to put resources into other areas and we freaking throw him into a trade.
Small things add up.
BIg things too!!
Whose idea was it to sign Amare to that deal? Walsh? Really? A guy Dolan did not respect was given that kind of autonomy to invest $100,000,000?
Nalod will keep repeating this until it becomes legend that Gm's don't sign the checks.

Rest assured Dolan is:

I agree there were times when Dolan personally intervened and either made a lateral move, or made things worse. Also believe that going to the same well has its drawbacks. These searches never seem to be very broad, nor last very long. I thought they had the right idea about a full rebuild in Orlando, just didn't add enough impactful vets. Maybe this team can make it work in NY with a budding star to build around in Porzingis.

CrushAlot
USA
8/8/2017  11:48 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Small things add up.
BIg things too!!

Rest assured Dolan is:

I agree there were times when Dolan personally intervened and either made a lateral move, or made things worse. Also believe that going to the same well has its drawbacks. These searches never seem to be very broad, nor last very long. I thought they had the right idea about a full rebuild in Orlando, just didn't add enough impactful vets. Maybe this team can make it work in NY with a budding star to build around in Porzingis.

Hopefully this search was a bit different. It wasn't Dolan chasing a big name that didn't have front office experience. Also, Dolan has definitely removed himself from the process. Perry said a few weeks back that he had not yet met Dolan.
I am curious to see what happens with a few of the long time employees of the front office. Matthews is supposed to be the cap guy but Perry reportedly is looking for a capologist. I thought Houston might get the gm job but now wonder what his role will be. Some reports have Robinson being the gm of Westchester. There was another guy hired, can't remember his name, and some of his duties seemed similar to Gaines.
Nalod
USA
8/8/2017  1:59 PM
Perry is updated but the last few days hires are not yet.
http://www.nba.com/knicks/front-office/
This is the offical front office listing.
I would expect there must be some deletions.

As for Orlando, its a typical tale of teams wanting to rebuild and don't get the luck of ping pong balls. Perhaps the Ibaka trade was also a bad circumstance as he was not interested in staying. That diluted the Deal for Olidapo.
ALso they let Harris go for a discount. Lack of patience? Too much patience?
I would imagine Mills interview with Perry would be interested as to "Explain the situation in Orlando". Im sure its easy to say "Yeah, I would have......." with the benefit of hindsight.
Teams get snake bit also. As great as Dumars was with Detroit, he also blew it with Darko. Not that Darko didn't have the talent. Its just bad luck. Imagine Detroit if they drafted Melo, and Melo had to blend into a championship team and earn his place? At some point Melo gets Detroit to be "His team", and maybe he leaves them too, but Pistons get nice value on that trade!
Anyway, thats hindsight.

Obvious Orlando took some bad turns after years of good lottery luck!!

And yet Rambis still survives!!!

CrushAlot
USA
8/8/2017  4:27 PM
Knicks are hiring Fred Cofield as a scout.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0686665258894368358-4
CrushAlot
USA
8/8/2017  4:33 PM
Boom:
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/8/2017  9:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Boom:

We've never seen this.... this is becoming a true rebuild. One of the biggest arguments frim trolls is that Dolan and his goons are still lurking and need to be put out... well....

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
USA
8/8/2017  10:24 PM
EnySpree wrote:

We've never seen this.... this is becoming a true rebuild. One of the biggest arguments frim trolls is that Dolan and his goons are still lurking and need to be put out... well....

I didn't realize there were openings in the front office. Berman had this in his article. He mention Warkentein but I was wondering about Houston.
The Knicks had a handful of openings that were never filled — with the death this season of scout Ben Jobe, the retirement of personnel director John Gabriel because of Parkinson’s disease, the departure of executive Chris Bernard and firing of developmental coach Josh Longstaff.

However, the future of Mark Warkentien, who was brought on by Donnie Walsh, is unclear. Warkentien held the title of personnel director that now belongs to Ellis.

The narrative that former Cleveland GM David Griffin wasn’t going to be allowed to bring in his own people seems far-fetched now. Sources indicate Griffin never seriously considered the job once he learned he would have to report to Mills.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/08/new-knicks-gm-was-able-to-bring-in-his-own-guys-after-all/
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/9/2017  6:57 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I didn't realize there were openings in the front office. Berman had this in his article. He mention Warkentein but I was wondering about Houston.
The Knicks had a handful of openings that were never filled — with the death this season of scout Ben Jobe, the retirement of personnel director John Gabriel because of Parkinson’s disease, the departure of executive Chris Bernard and firing of developmental coach Josh Longstaff.

However, the future of Mark Warkentien, who was brought on by Donnie Walsh, is unclear. Warkentien held the title of personnel director that now belongs to Ellis.

The narrative that former Cleveland GM David Griffin wasn’t going to be allowed to bring in his own people seems far-fetched now. Sources indicate Griffin never seriously considered the job once he learned he would have to report to Mills.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/08/new-knicks-gm-was-able-to-bring-in-his-own-guys-after-all/

You never really hear too much about the lower level execs bring hired and fired. Just blip on the radar stuff. Because we are in need of fresh ideas the news is a really big deal to us.

Also I dunno how much more proof we need that The media is out too kill the Knicks. They haven't been right in years and everyone is out to slander and make things seem worse than thet really are. Truth is our knicks have been doing rather well this off season. Whether Melo is here or not this tan could make the playoffs

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
USA
8/9/2017  7:06 AM
Any time a team can change its decision making process it calls for hope but it's really not very sexy stuff to right about.
Griffin wanted to only answer to an owner which is Mills job.
I too am surprised by the volume of hirings and curious about H20 and others.
Read John Gabriel is retired now.
Perry seems to be hiring his own team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy