Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/7/2017  1:24 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:There's nothing wrong with having a more favorable view right now him than KP. He's earned it.

Nope, it's just utterly pointless, since they're both Knicks.

You don't form a more favorable view of some players than others on the team? All 17 on the roster right now are basically the same?

Not really, no.

Hasn't occurred to be to compare O'Quinn and Porzingis, for example.

Do you care who gets minutes? Who should be offered in trades? Who should be given extensions? Or you wouldn't care whether it was O'Quinn or Porzingis who was included in a trade? You can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm going to assume you'd be more upset if KP than KOQ was offered in a trade to get Irving or a Houston/Melo trade. And that would mean that you clearly have compared the two players.
AUTOADVERT
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
8/7/2017  1:31 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I think a few years from now Knick fans will be having a completely different opinion on Phil Jackson for having in his time drafted Kristaps, Willy and Frank.

The three of them are all very uncommon players in the NBA.
You don't have players like them in the league, much, if at all.

Post up high skill C (dying breed) in Willy.
Unicorn 7'3 shooting guard F/C in KP.
7 foot wingspan defensive first PG in Frank.

If they peak together in 2 or 3 years from now, Phil will look back as a genius for listening to Gaines.

I couldnt agree more. Phil was maligned by the press without stop. He didn't play ball w them.
Yet while he made a few blunders, I agree wholeheartedly with the above trio. I question Frank N
Yet as a 50 year fan, I pray he works out.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/7/2017  1:52 PM
I don't like kp's energy on the court, he doesn't play like a 7 3' player, he plays as if he is 6 6". The crossover dribbling, camping out behind the arc, and almost never demanding the ball, not to mention the iso balling.

I think it's really important to have the right coach and system in order for these guys to be successful.

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/7/2017  1:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I don't like kp's energy on the court, he doesn't play like a 7 3' player, he plays as if he is 6 6". The crossover dribbling, camping out behind the arc, and almost never demanding the ball, not to mention the iso balling.

I think it's really important to have the right coach and system in order for these guys to be successful.

What's your take on Durant?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/7/2017  2:02 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I don't like kp's energy on the court, he doesn't play like a 7 3' player, he plays as if he is 6 6". The crossover dribbling, camping out behind the arc, and almost never demanding the ball, not to mention the iso balling.

I don't think kp is Durant. He'd be much better as a player if he moved away from that a tad. Willy is more of a team player -- maybe that's why-- atleast to me looks like the more efficient player he stays in his niche Znd plays team ball. Kp is erratic and hasn't been the best team type player. The team needs to focus on ball and player movement this year. Gs is great-- not just because of players-- but unselfishness and movement

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/7/2017  2:02 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:There's nothing wrong with having a more favorable view right now him than KP. He's earned it.

Nope, it's just utterly pointless, since they're both Knicks.

You don't form a more favorable view of some players than others on the team? All 17 on the roster right now are basically the same?

Not really, no.

Hasn't occurred to be to compare O'Quinn and Porzingis, for example.

Do you care who gets minutes? Who should be offered in trades? Who should be given extensions? Or you wouldn't care whether it was O'Quinn or Porzingis who was included in a trade? You can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm going to assume you'd be more upset if KP than KOQ was offered in a trade to get Irving or a Houston/Melo trade. And that would mean that you clearly have compared the two players.

The answer to who is the better, more valuable player to the Knicks is clear. I wrote it hasn't occurred to me to compare the two because I really don't need to. Neither do you.

As I wrote and maintain the premise of this thread is less about commending hernangomez and more about backdoor criticizing porzingis for being didappointing in the eyes of some, includung your post suggesting he's "earned" the favorable comp.

I think both should get max minutes relative to their health. I don't see it as a competition.

I think neither should offered in a trade.

The extension question is moot as it isn't a either/or.

Comparing them is pointless. They're both Knicks and their PT and future with the Knicks isn't a choice between them.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/7/2017  2:06 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

I don't think kp is Durant. He'd be much better as a player if he moved away from that a tad. Willy is more of a team player -- maybe that's why-- atleast to me looks like the more efficient player he stays in his niche Znd plays team ball. Kp is erratic and hasn't been the best team type player. The team needs to focus on ball and player movement this year. Gs is great-- not just because of players-- but unselfishness and movement

Once again, they're both Knicks and different players.

Their rank is utterly irrelevant other than an excuse to talk about porzingis' flaws, which this thread is.

And it's a perfectly valid topic, which is why it didn't need to be disguised.

knicks1248
8/7/2017  2:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/7/2017  2:13 PM
martin wrote:

HE'S 4 inches shorter and seems more in control of his body, he is way more aggressive, demands the ball, and has way better handle.

I think with kp, we don't know yet if he's better suited for the Center position or pf. Sometimes when I watch the game, I will completely focus my attention on kp only , and he just wanders to the point you forget he's on the floor, and that's why he has the uncanny ability to come out of no where with these vicious put backs and it almost always comes as a surprise, because your like, where the fck did he come from..lol

He has the ability to be Durant, if he's coached well

ES
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/7/2017  3:07 PM
Since there likely isn't 1 nba exec in the entire league that would prefer Willy over KP, i tend to side with that point of view vs. a single fan with a wild imagination.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

8/7/2017  3:12 PM
BRIGGS wrote:More than KP. I just feel he will be an efficient sturdy player who can be our version of Jokic. I still think KP will be a good player who is trapped skill- wise and probably physically between positions

I could see us at times playing 4 guards and Willy in the middle playing at a good pace in a 4-1 set

We're all Willy G fans but no way will he be a Jokic type player, if anything he'll be like the person he's been being compared to for two years which is M.Gasol but not quite as good. I hope i'm wrong and he's as good as Gasol but if we can get a Gasol light from Willy i'd be more than happy with that. I get that you like him but no way can i see him being a better player then KP.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/7/2017  3:19 PM
Knixkik wrote:Since there likely isn't 1 nba exec in the entire league that would prefer Willy over KP, i tend to side with that point of view vs. a single fan with a wild imagination.

I think the problem some people have is that KP truly is a "unicorn." We haven't seen anything like him before, so it takes a little imagination to forecast how his game will settle in three years from now. I wouldn't call Willy a paint-by-numbers big, but we've seen players like Willy before
It's easier to predict Willy as a rotation player or starter 3 years from now. That said, it's easy to see KP has the superstar potential Willy doesn't possess. KP has the potential to be unguardable and Willy will have trouble staying on the floor unless his range and defense improve.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/7/2017  3:39 PM
Im sorry, did I fall into a coma and miss the season?
We getting all kinds of stuff and these guys have not played a game since APRIL!!!!
We talking about KP erractic play, but its really more "erratic health".
Talking about his play but we saw Rose didn't like to pass the ball to him, and Melo don't pass period.
Rose is gone, is Melo? Phil had Triangle aspirations for the team and KP also did take too many bad threes as well documented by the press.

YOu guys see a few summer videos and all of a sudden your in laying opinions like its 41 games into the season????
Since I was gone, who won the words series and the superbowl!!! Did melo ever get traded???

knicks1248
8/7/2017  4:19 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:More than KP. I just feel he will be an efficient sturdy player who can be our version of Jokic. I still think KP will be a good player who is trapped skill- wise and probably physically between positions

I could see us at times playing 4 guards and Willy in the middle playing at a good pace in a 4-1 set

We're all Willy G fans but no way will he be a Jokic type player, if anything he'll be like the person he's been being compared to for two years which is M.Gasol but not quite as good. I hope i'm wrong and he's as good as Gasol but if we can get a Gasol light from Willy i'd be more than happy with that. I get that you like him but no way can i see him being a better player then KP.

I never heard anyone compare willy to Gasol..he is more like David Lee, and he's defense awareness is the worse on the roster, he also shys away from contact big time. He has to develop a reliable 3 pointer, step his defense up, and become more physical, or else he destine to be a journey player

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/7/2017  4:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

I never heard anyone compare willy to Gasol..he is more like David Lee, and he's defense awareness is the worse on the roster, he also shys away from contact big time. He has to develop a reliable 3 pointer, step his defense up, and become more physical, or else he destine to be a journey player

Where have you been? This has been done about a 1000 times over

Also, he does the opposite of shy away from contact

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
8/7/2017  4:24 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Lee is a good comparison, but he is nowhere near the athlete Lee is (in his prime.) But people constantly compare him to Gasol.

reub
Member: #6227

8/7/2017  4:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

According to the stats Willy was better on defense this past season (as a rookie) than KP was (in his second season).

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/7/2017  4:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

He has to do all of this to be Gasol? Do we really need another big shooting 3's?
The knock on his defense is his footwork. how to you quantify "Be more physical"?
Wasn't his rebounding rate pretty good?
More like David Lee? Are you kidding? Very different type player. DLee went into College as a 6-4 wing who had won the Mcdonalds dunk contest months before.
He went on a growth Spurt to 6-9 and left his junior year to make room for Noah and Horford. Dlee was an allstar.
Why was his defense so bad BTW? cuz on knicks he was our center. On knicks, he was a double double machine who if in foul trouble cannot be on teh floor to do those nice things.
Again. Dlee was our center. Let that sink in as to why he was a problem on defense.

Knixkik
USA
8/7/2017  4:31 PM
reub wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

According to the stats Willy was better on defense this past season (as a rookie) than KP was (in his second season).

One was playing against starting units and the other against reserves. It's not a fair comparison.

knicks1248
8/7/2017  5:53 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Where have you been? This has been done about a 1000 times over

Also, he does the opposite of shy away from contact

My comparison to lee is not so much style of play, but more of the actual impact he has on the game.

Do you remember lee posting all star numbers but always in a loss, that's because he would give up the same numbers he puts up. I'm also not talking about his individual defense, but his awareness is brutal (like oh sht, I forgot to go cover him) bad.

You know how walt frazier always says "see the ball, and see your man" well that's his biggest problem. He's in the paint, while his man is launching wide open 3s..the death of us all season long

ES
knicks1248
8/7/2017  6:00 PM
look at his embarrassing defense in this game, if you can stomach it

ES
I might be in minority but I like Willy g

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy