Good article.

Don't do it.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/4/2017  8:29 AM
The Cavs are not on melo's list, why is this even a discussion?
ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/4/2017  8:42 AM
knicks1248 wrote:The Cavs are not on melo's list, why is this even a discussion?

As the summer winds down, Perry might be able to convince Melo to show some movement on his demand to be traded only to Houston. If he knows the alternative is staying.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/4/2017  8:45 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:The Cavs are not on melo's list, why is this even a discussion?

As the summer winds down, Perry might be able to convince Melo to show some movement on his demand to be traded only to Houston. If he knows the alternative is staying.

Yeah, are the Knicks on Melo's list?! If they want to go this route, they'd have to tell him to pick one of the two.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

8/4/2017  8:57 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I can understand why some posters don't want to give up Frank because its a 2 year rental. But I havent seen enough of his game to feel as strongly as some seem to be about his potential. Its not about being flashy, its about skills.

Frank from what Ive read and heard, seems to be very driven. If he keeps working on his game, he might rank higher in those redrafts they have at the end of the season. If he isnt traded, I hope so.

The Detroit Lions, under the brutal Matt Millen era, drafted three WRs in the first round in three consecutive years. All busted. Charles Johnson and Big Mike Williams were pretty wide ranging busts too.

Then the Lions got the first overall pick in the next draft. The best consensus player and the best overall value to "market" was WR Calvin Johnson.

While many don't remember, there was real backlash out there, that the Lions should not draft another WR. It was just cursed.

The brave thing to do, the right thing to do, was to take the best player on the board. Which was Calvin Johnson. Who will likely end up in the NFL HOF.

Knicks fan have been so battered with idiot level trades and deals and signings, that of course they re in the same rut a Lions fans. Considering any change is better as long as it deviate from the previous regime, without factoring in the actual marketplace.

If no one has been paying attention, it's crickets when it come to NBA head coach firings this offseason. Very rare. The reactionary decision is to just can your coach and let him take the fall for the teams woes. But teams are starting to figure it out, you need some kind of stability to succeed in the NBA.

When you get battered enough, you just want something safe and low risk.

(How many teenager girls did any of you know who got married young and stupid just because they found a sucker Beta who could pay rent and get them out of their parents house? That mindset is really no different here)

If Irving was offered for Melo and FrankN, you take that deal. It's the correct MARKETPLACE decision. And that's what matters. Someone like nixluva will try to spin this the past doesn't matter at all, no that's idiotic too, the past doesn't matter IN THIS SPECIFIC CONTEXT. You can't make a decision here based off of the mistakes of a previous regime.

What people feel really doesn't matter. Just make the correct market based decision and that's it. If you do that, over time, odds are, good things are going to happen. Many people decry the market based perspective because they want a guaranteed result. It's like people here have never seen the movie Rocky. Rocky was not about actually winning the fight. That Rocky maximized his opportunities and made the correct "Decisions" means he won already. Even when he lost, he won.

There are no guarantees, there is only the pursuit of opportunity in the face of real adversity.

Making the correct market based decision is EASY. Acting on it absolutely even when you face backlash and criticism and risk your job, that's HARD.

It's this push/pull that gets guy like blkexec to say "Blame the fans"

And he's right to a certain degree, fan interest and the marketing aspect of the game matter

And he's wrong to a larger degree, only a tiny fraction of actual fandom speaks out, and only a smaller fraction of that do most of the public discussion/complaining/demanding.

But why worry about that little thing called math when you can spend the time justifying why a player needs to be a ball hog for the greater good of the entire universe?

Guy like Briggs, nixluva, EnySpree make up a vast majority of the posting here. Are they a reflection of everyone registered on UK? Are they a reflection of all Knicks fans everywhere. But if you just focus on three guys who have pretty much no idea of how the NBA marketplace operates, of course people will think all fans are rabid zombies.

If what you feel about the NBA has no bearing on how the current and actual NBA marketplace operates, then what you feel merits nothing. You have the right to feel how you wish, think how you wish, opinion as you wish, but as to the actual marketplace, it means literally zero.

Im sorry Im used to you making a misogynistic reference when you post. You write a lot when you post but what do you really say other than some absurd criticism of the UK poster of the day? Thats right--not much. No I wouldnt trade Melo and Frank for Kyrie and I think Im dead right. Im willing to give Carmelo Oquinn Kuz and a restricted top 13 pick--thats it. If I wanted Kyrie so bad Ill wait 2 years and open up cap space. The REALITY is we are NOT winning anything in the next two seasons--so why the FCK would I trade my lottery pick and or other picks?? Its completely asinine--same mistakes of Knicks past.

Exactly this. Plus, I'd rather watch Frank develop than Kyrie fail in NY like so many before him. Yoot movement please.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
8/4/2017  9:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2017  9:57 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I can understand why some posters don't want to give up Frank because its a 2 year rental. But I havent seen enough of his game to feel as strongly as some seem to be about his potential. Its not about being flashy, its about skills.

Frank from what Ive read and heard, seems to be very driven. If he keeps working on his game, he might rank higher in those redrafts they have at the end of the season. If he isnt traded, I hope so.

The Detroit Lions, under the brutal Matt Millen era, drafted three WRs in the first round in three consecutive years. All busted. Charles Johnson and Big Mike Williams were pretty wide ranging busts too.

Then the Lions got the first overall pick in the next draft. The best consensus player and the best overall value to "market" was WR Calvin Johnson.

While many don't remember, there was real backlash out there, that the Lions should not draft another WR. It was just cursed.

The brave thing to do, the right thing to do, was to take the best player on the board. Which was Calvin Johnson. Who will likely end up in the NFL HOF.

Knicks fan have been so battered with idiot level trades and deals and signings, that of course they re in the same rut a Lions fans. Considering any change is better as long as it deviate from the previous regime, without factoring in the actual marketplace.

If no one has been paying attention, it's crickets when it come to NBA head coach firings this offseason. Very rare. The reactionary decision is to just can your coach and let him take the fall for the teams woes. But teams are starting to figure it out, you need some kind of stability to succeed in the NBA.

(How many teenager girls did any of you know who got married young and stupid just because they found a sucker Beta who could pay rent and get them out of their parents house? That mindset is really no different here)

If Irving was offered for Melo and FrankN, you take that deal. It's the correct MARKETPLACE decision. And that's what matters. Someone like nixluva will try to spin this the past doesn't matter at all, no that's idiotic too, the past doesn't matter IN THIS SPECIFIC CONTEXT. You can't make a decision here based off of the mistakes of a previous regime.

What people feel really doesn't matter. Just make the correct market based decision and that's it. If you do that, over time, odds are, good things are going to happen. Many people decry the market based perspective because they want a guaranteed result. It's like people here have never seen the movie Rocky. Rocky was not about actually winning the fight. That Rocky maximized his opportunities and made the correct "Decisions" means he won already. Even when he lost, he won.

There are no guarantees, there is only the pursuit of opportunity in the face of real adversity.

Making the correct market based decision is EASY. Acting on it absolutely even when you face backlash and criticism and risk your job, that's HARD.

And he's right to a certain degree, fan interest and the marketing aspect of the game matter

And he's wrong to a larger degree, only a tiny fraction of actual fandom speaks out, and only a smaller fraction of that do most of the public discussion/complaining/demanding.

But why worry about that little thing called math when you can spend the time justifying why a player needs to be a ball hog for the greater good of the entire universe?

Guy like Briggs, nixluva, EnySpree make up a vast majority of the posting here. Are they a reflection of everyone registered on UK? Are they a reflection of all Knicks fans everywhere. But if you just focus on three guys who have pretty much no idea of how the NBA marketplace operates, of course people will think all fans are rabid zombies.

If what you feel about the NBA has no bearing on how the current and actual NBA marketplace operates, then what you feel merits nothing. You have the right to feel how you wish, think how you wish, opinion as you wish, but as to the actual marketplace, it means literally zero.

I disagree with you on the deal Melo and Ntlikina for Irving. I rather keep Ntlikina and develop him and trade Melo elsewhere for a package. The reason is that he Knicks will not improve much with Irving. While he is a good player his number were predicated by the presence of LeBron. His number will take a down turn without LeBron.

I don't want to go back into the Marbury boat. That is what it's going to be adding Irving it's still not a winning formula. He is proven without LeBron that he isn't a winner with a young team. Another aspect of Irving's game to consider is that he played off the ball. Is he really a PG or an SG? His numbers were inflated because of it. Technically he hasn't played point guard in three years and the years he did he wasn't all that great.

It's a easy decision for me. I won't trade Ntlikina because Ntlikina compliments a guard like Kyrie. To me Kyrie has a SG mentality again he needs a facilitator. Also his defense is lacking. Imagine Hardaway and Kyrie playing defense. They are going to leak like a sieve.

Why do people downgrade our picks why does Ntlikina have to the next Curry or Kyrie. What if he is the next Mark Jackson or Derek Harper a facilitator.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/4/2017  10:11 AM
IN my mind Melo leaving three years ago we would have received nothing in return.
If we could have bought him out and it made sense, we would have.
So Melo to me has very little value. To me, anderson is not an upgrade so the sweetner has to be very good to make any deal for him.
Thus, when a deal for Kyrie, 25 year old Kyrie for Melo is the core trade, we have to include a pick or Frank. to make that happen.
So to me, its Kyrie for Frank, or a protected pick. It would have to be protected to at least 8th.
Now, are we getting pre lebron Kyrie? No. How has he been when Lebron is off the court? Well, thats a sort of small sample, the question is how is he with KP?
This is about the knicks winning a chip, and I do think it will take a few more years of building.
I'd say no to a kyrie trade.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

8/4/2017  10:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2017  10:49 AM
Vmart wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

I disagree with you on the deal Melo and Ntlikina for Irving. I rather keep Ntlikina and develop him and trade Melo elsewhere for a package. The reason is that he Knicks will not improve much with Irving. While he is a good player his number were predicated by the presence of LeBron. His number will take a down turn without LeBron.

I don't want to go back into the Marbury boat. That is what it's going to be adding Irving it's still not a winning formula. He is proven without LeBron that he isn't a winner with a young team. Another aspect of Irving's game to consider is that he played off the ball. Is he really a PG or an SG? His numbers were inflated because of it. Technically he hasn't played point guard in three years and the years he did he wasn't all that great.

It's a easy decision for me. I won't trade Ntlikina because Ntlikina compliments a guard like Kyrie. To me Kyrie has a SG mentality again he needs a facilitator. Also his defense is lacking. Imagine Hardaway and Kyrie playing defense. They are going to leak like a sieve.

Why do people downgrade our picks why does Ntlikina have to the next Curry or Kyrie. What if he is the next Mark Jackson or Derek Harper a facilitator.

This sounds like exactly what people were saying about Westbrook and.....
Howeve, do agree that if Knicks are in true rebuild, Kyrie makes no sense.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knickstorrents
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
8/4/2017  11:10 AM
Why do we want Kyrie, he's a scoring point guard that doesn't make others better. We don't need players like that, we can't win with players like that. No deal!!!
Rose is not the answer.
knicks1248
Member: #582
8/4/2017  11:11 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Vmart wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

A true rebuild is combining Stars, youth, veterans and good coaching, anything else is waste of time.

ES
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/4/2017  11:24 AM
knickstorrents wrote:Why do we want Kyrie, he's a scoring point guard that doesn't make others better. We don't need players like that, we can't win with players like that. No deal!!!

The Celtics do.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/4/2017  11:33 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Vmart wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

A true rebuild is combining Stars, youth, veterans and good coaching, anything else is waste of time.

You mean waste of time for the fan who wants to win now all the time.
No disagreement on this. This is what typical NY Knicks fan wants.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
USA
8/4/2017  11:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2017  11:40 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:Why do we want Kyrie, he's a scoring point guard that doesn't make others better. We don't need players like that, we can't win with players like that. No deal!!!

The Celtics do.

Kyrie is no Westbrook, no Harden, and not even CP3.
He is a very good player but he not worth the farm.
So melo, one 1st 8-protected and one second is his price tag.
Anything more is a bad deal.
Melo value is almost 30 mils of cap space 2 years down the road.
So if Kyrie will bolt in 2 years (very likely) we will get the cap space back.
So it is fair deal.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Vmart
USA
8/4/2017  11:46 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Vmart wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Sometimes you have to stop chasing and see what you have.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
8/4/2017  11:48 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Vmart wrote:No way I give up Frank Ntlikina for Irving.

That's like trading gary Payton for Steve Francis

No deal w frank

Here's an idea.

Let's let ntilikina play a NBA minute before we start citing NBA players, much less defensive hall of famers, in analogies.

I agree with this

Vmart wrote:This is the mistakes made all the time with the Knicks. You have to learn from your mistakes Kyrie can walk in two years he eats cap space up. The Knicks don't need a Kyrie yet. Kyrie wants to be a Knicks so bad then he can come via free agency.

Ntlikina is going to a very good player. Who knows if he will be a HOF player but I'm against a Kyrie type move at this moment. I have seen enough of Kyrie to know to stay away.

Says the guy who has openly admitted to not watching any NBA games...

HofstraBBall

8/4/2017  11:57 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Vmart wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Don't disagree on that approach. Prefer it. But that is not a true rebuild.(As most on here call it) That is a smart rebuild.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

8/4/2017  11:59 AM
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

The Celtics do.

So it is fair deal.

What about Lee, KO, Frank and a 1st? Is that the farm?

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

8/4/2017  11:59 AM
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

The Celtics do.

Agreed, but I think it would be in the teams best interest to wait on kyrie , we should say we're flattered you want to come play for us! See ya in two years and we will work something out !

We can not lose focus on building our youth core. Tell Houston we will do a trade minus Ryan Anderson

I'll take Gordon,ariza expiring,capela,quarterman,tayler. Then trade Lee for faried

KP,capela,Noah
Willy,faried,oquin
Ariza,Thomas,kuz
Thjr,Gordon,Dotson
Frank,baker,sessions

That team is a very good rebuild start with plenty of movable contracts .my hope is that we lose a lot and get a top three pick and draft doncic.

Vmart
USA
8/4/2017  12:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2017  12:15 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Vmart wrote:No way I give up Frank Ntlikina for Irving.

That's like trading gary Payton for Steve Francis

No deal w frank

Here's an idea.

Let's let ntilikina play a NBA minute before we start citing NBA players, much less defensive hall of famers, in analogies.

I agree with this

Vmart wrote:This is the mistakes made all the time with the Knicks. You have to learn from your mistakes Kyrie can walk in two years he eats cap space up. The Knicks don't need a Kyrie yet. Kyrie wants to be a Knicks so bad then he can come via free agency.

Ntlikina is going to a very good player. Who knows if he will be a HOF player but I'm against a Kyrie type move at this moment. I have seen enough of Kyrie to know to stay away.

Says the guy who has openly admitted to not watching any NBA games...

I watch enough of it. I might not be as religious as you. But I watch. Kyrie is a good player who I would like on the Knicks but only as a FA.

arkrud
USA
8/4/2017  3:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2017  3:01 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

The Celtics do.

So it is fair deal.

What about Lee, KO, Frank and a 1st? Is that the farm?

Frank and 1st are 2 first....
This is too much.
It does not matter what Frank will became. He may not be a star.
But Kyrie is also not a generational talent and not even a franchise type player.
His skill-set is good but not too diversified to be that player.
I cannot see any reason to overpay just out of excitement to get good player.
We do not have many for along time so the longing by fans in understandable.
But organization have to be smarter that this and look at things in perspective and strategically.
This is actually a good test for Mills/Perry early on.

Kyrie this way or the highway.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy