[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: The Yankees Are Back!
Author Thread
knicks1248
Posts: 36080
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
9/21/2017  2:32 PM
15-5 last 20 games and looking like the 1st 2 months of the season

BTW

ESPN predicted the yanks would not make the playoffs, and that the BABY BOMBERS were a couple yrs away.

Yet we take their Knicks prediction to heart..hmmmm

ES
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Posts: 58190
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
9/21/2017  5:19 PM
knicks1248 wrote:15-5 last 20 games and looking like the 1st 2 months of the season

BTW

ESPN predicted the yanks would not make the playoffs, and that the BABY BOMBERS were a couple yrs away.

Yet we take their Knicks prediction to heart..hmmmm


I don't know which prediction you have in mind. The Yankees will probably win about 5 more than most outlets predicted. What's your point? No one said these predictions are 100% precise.
It's been a great run though. It's been really exciting but also frustrating the we're not gaining much ground on Boston.
knicks1248
Posts: 36080
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
9/21/2017  6:23 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:15-5 last 20 games and looking like the 1st 2 months of the season

BTW

ESPN predicted the yanks would not make the playoffs, and that the BABY BOMBERS were a couple yrs away.

Yet we take their Knicks prediction to heart..hmmmm


I don't know which prediction you have in mind. The Yankees will probably win about 5 more than most outlets predicted. What's your point? No one said these predictions are 100% precise.
It's been a great run though. It's been really exciting but also frustrating the we're not gaining much ground on Boston.

Your right, when ever we lose so does boston.

The yanks are well above most predictions by anyone

ES
Bonn1997
Posts: 58190
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
9/22/2017  9:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/22/2017  9:42 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:15-5 last 20 games and looking like the 1st 2 months of the season

BTW

ESPN predicted the yanks would not make the playoffs, and that the BABY BOMBERS were a couple yrs away.

Yet we take their Knicks prediction to heart..hmmmm


I don't know which prediction you have in mind. The Yankees will probably win about 5 more than most outlets predicted. What's your point? No one said these predictions are 100% precise.
It's been a great run though. It's been really exciting but also frustrating the we're not gaining much ground on Boston.

Your right, when ever we lose so does boston.

The yanks are well above most predictions by anyone


Actually I see that you're right. Most predictions had the Yankees at .500 and they will finish closer to .560, which adds up to about 10 games. I'm not sure what this has to do with the Knicks though. No one's ever said the projections are always right. If the Knicks also have 3 guys making their first all-star appearances (good luck with that!), I'm sure they'll vastly exceed the projections.
jrodmc
Posts: 30512
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
9/26/2017  5:23 PM
Still 4 back. I hate the effin Sox.

Judge is unreal. Nice to see Sanchez and Byrd homer along with him. Hopefully with Castro and Didi, that is a nice new core 5

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
Bonn1997
Posts: 58190
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
10/1/2017  7:02 PM
What a great season. It would be really sad if we get only 1 post-season game but the team is still on the right track.
jrodmc
Posts: 30512
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
10/2/2017  2:38 PM
Just please Joe, don't start Sonny Gray in any games that matter going forward. He pitches like Cy Young and we hit (don't) like an old ladies softball team. We give him tons of run support and he pitches batting practice for that old ladies softball team...

Maybe a Game 2 when we've already won Game 1...

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
SupremeCommander
Posts: 31661
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

10/2/2017  2:44 PM
well, good that they are back in the playoffs (though I really think I should say 'it's good that they made the play-in game')... I would be shocked if the Knicks make the playoffs, the Giants suck, the Jets are trying to 'Suck for Sam', the Mets are a dumpster fire, I expect nothing out of the Devils or Isles, I am a huge Rangers fan and think they'll suck as they have no centers... help me baby bombers, you are my only hope
Jimmy D w/o a straight shot said: In two hours, [Jackson] taught me basketball, and I learned I know nothing about basketball
Bonn1997
Posts: 58190
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
10/2/2017  4:45 PM
jrodmc wrote:Just please Joe, don't start Sonny Gray in any games that matter going forward. He pitches like Cy Young and we hit (don't) like an old ladies softball team. We give him tons of run support and he pitches batting practice for that old ladies softball team...

Maybe a Game 2 when we've already won Game 1...


My thoughts too! His ERA is not bad but I think some of that is luck. He's been giving up a lot of HRs and walks. It's just a matter of time before that leads to a lot of runs (and it looks like it has begun to). My playoff rotation would be Severino, Tanaka/CC (not sure who gets game 2 vs. 3), and Montgomery. Gray would be on the playoff roster in case a starter gets hurt. It's daring to go with the rookie Montgomery over Gray but he's been pitching better and I think he gives us a better chance of winning.
knicks1248
Posts: 36080
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
10/2/2017  5:50 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Just please Joe, don't start Sonny Gray in any games that matter going forward. He pitches like Cy Young and we hit (don't) like an old ladies softball team. We give him tons of run support and he pitches batting practice for that old ladies softball team...

Maybe a Game 2 when we've already won Game 1...


My thoughts too! His ERA is not bad but I think some of that is luck. He's been giving up a lot of HRs and walks. It's just a matter of time before that leads to a lot of runs (and it looks like it has begun to). My playoff rotation would be Severino, Tanaka/CC (not sure who gets game 2 vs. 3), and Montgomery. Gray would be on the playoff roster in case a starter gets hurt. It's daring to go with the rookie Montgomery over Gray but he's been pitching better and I think he gives us a better chance of winning.

your going to leave out CC, who quietly had a very solid season?

ES
Bonn1997
Posts: 58190
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
10/2/2017  7:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Just please Joe, don't start Sonny Gray in any games that matter going forward. He pitches like Cy Young and we hit (don't) like an old ladies softball team. We give him tons of run support and he pitches batting practice for that old ladies softball team...

Maybe a Game 2 when we've already won Game 1...


My thoughts too! His ERA is not bad but I think some of that is luck. He's been giving up a lot of HRs and walks. It's just a matter of time before that leads to a lot of runs (and it looks like it has begun to). My playoff rotation would be Severino, Tanaka/CC (not sure who gets game 2 vs. 3), and Montgomery. Gray would be on the playoff roster in case a starter gets hurt. It's daring to go with the rookie Montgomery over Gray but he's been pitching better and I think he gives us a better chance of winning.

your going to leave out CC, who quietly had a very solid season?


No I put him and Tanaka as the #2 and 3 starters.
Nalod
Posts: 53948
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/3/2017  10:26 AM
Yanks were spot on this year. After 88 wins and just missing wild card they advanced this year. Torrid first half pace had them playing out of their minds and Judge was all world Roid type video game player. He proved human, surefire ROY and top three MVP if not top dog.

Severino came back to be the ace. Pinada never held up and CC contract finally over. Happy he finished his Yankee career with dignity and strong play.
The big man is a good man!
George is in heaven (Maybe) just reeling in Tanaka inconsistency and having "Fat Toad" relapse. I hope he can return to some level of being special. His first half fisrt season was Ron Guidry like. Then they figured him out a bit.

One game playoff, man that's intense!!! Anything can happen good and bad!!!

Anger sells, don't buy!
Allanfan20
Posts: 33567
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
10/3/2017  11:14 AM
I love the bullpen trio of Green, Robertson and Chapman. Yeah, Chappers sucked most of the season but he came back and re-gained beast mode. Hopefully that remains in the playoffs.
Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
jrodmc
Posts: 30512
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
10/3/2017  2:01 PM
+1 on the relief rotation. I haven't had any trust in Betances since we traded Miller away... only time Betances was an almost sure 3 out guy was when he was part of that good morning, good afternoon (miller) good night (Chap).
You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
knicks1248
Posts: 36080
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
10/3/2017  2:58 PM
jrodmc wrote:+1 on the relief rotation. I haven't had any trust in Betances since we traded Miller away... only time Betances was an almost sure 3 out guy was when he was part of that good morning, good afternoon (miller) good night (Chap).


completely agree, im still not super confident in chappy, but he has shown improvement

ES
MaTT4281
Posts: 30819
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #538
USA
10/3/2017  8:20 PM
At least it was a good season...
"I must break you." - Kristaps Porzingis to Rocky Balboa
Bonn1997
Posts: 58190
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
10/3/2017  8:26 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:At least it was a good season...

Yeah, Ugh. Wow, that start was a disaster.
Bonn1997
Posts: 58190
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
10/3/2017  8:50 PM
Wow, this is intense!
MaTT4281
Posts: 30819
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #538
USA
10/3/2017  8:54 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Wow, this is intense!

I can breathe again! Feel bad for Severino, but could not afford to wait for him to settle down.

Didi my hero!

"I must break you." - Kristaps Porzingis to Rocky Balboa
Bonn1997
Posts: 58190
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
10/3/2017  8:59 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Wow, this is intense!

I can breathe again! Feel bad for Severino, but could not afford to wait for him to settle down.

Didi my hero!

Yeah, Severino looked terribly uncomfortable though.
I wish he'd known he was going to get 3 runs in the bottom of the inning. It probably would have calmed him down.

OT: The Yankees Are Back!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.