[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: The Yankees Are Back!
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/17/2017  7:28 AM
BigRedDog wrote:terrible managing in 9th by girardi. making chapman warm up??? just bad

Where are all the articles you promised about Girardi leaving CC in too long in the previous start? You disappeared after that.

AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
Member: #569
10/17/2017  9:30 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:terrible managing in 9th by girardi. making chapman warm up??? just bad

Where are all the articles you promised about Girardi leaving CC in too long in the previous start? You disappeared after that.

I never disappeared. There were no articles but that was due to poor journalism. If the Yanks lost that game Girardi would have come under fire for leaving in CC for giving up 4 straight hits in an elimination game when he has such a great bullpen. Don't you think someone would have at least questioned his inaction even if it was successful? Poor journalism.

Betances is out of sorts. He can't be trusted.If we advance I don't know if you can put him on the roster. In what situation can you put him in a game? He would be wasting a roster spot.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/17/2017  9:48 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:Game 3, slump breakers? Judge with the 3 run hr!

Great game in the field for him too.
And man, CC has been great.

+1. Sacrificed his body crashing into the wall and then laying out in the dirt. Great hustle, and definitely nice to see while he's been struggling at the plate.

I'm really hoping they bring CC back next year, at least on a 1 year deal if he'd agree. CC2.0 has been fun to watch.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/17/2017  9:52 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:Game 3, slump breakers? Judge with the 3 run hr!

Great game in the field for him too.
And man, CC has been great.

+1. Sacrificed his body crashing into the wall and then laying out in the dirt. Great hustle, and definitely nice to see while he's been struggling at the plate.

I'm really hoping they bring CC back next year, at least on a 1 year deal if he'd agree. CC2.0 has been fun to watch.

+1000000 CC is the new Petite. 10-0 after any Yankee loss.

Judge, images of the new Clipper!

jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
10/17/2017  10:00 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

The poor journalists that inhabit NYC are obviously busy researching their new pieces to write about Girardi's poor managing in an 8-1 win, and they're also busy putting the finishing touches on how you really can't trust a pitcher who gets out of bases loaded jams and is 10-0 after Yankees losses, with an ERA around 1.00.

While they read brilliant posts that talk about the incredible Yankee bullpen that also includes someone who's a waste of space.

Bonn1997
USA
10/17/2017  10:37 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

I never disappeared. There were no articles but that was due to poor journalism. If the Yanks lost that game Girardi would have come under fire for leaving in CC for giving up 4 straight hits in an elimination game when he has such a great bullpen. Don't you think someone would have at least questioned his inaction even if it was successful? Poor journalism.

Betances is out of sorts. He can't be trusted.If we advance I don't know if you can put him on the roster. In what situation can you put him in a game? He would be wasting a roster spot.

Actually, I'd say this is an outdated viewpoint. We know that for the most part, it's just random luck if a ball hit in play goes to a fielder for an out vs. lands for a hit. (Line drives do land for hits at a higher rate but I remember at least a few of the CC hits were softly hit.) That's why the top statistical approaches analyze pitchers based mainly on fielding independent stats (HR, BB, and SO). Some approaches say those are the only 3 things you should look at actually, though that might be too extreme. A few straight balls in play is pretty normal, and occasionally they will fall for hits. If he was giving up consecutive walks or HR, I would have been much more concerned.
Bonn1997
USA
10/17/2017  10:38 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

The poor journalists that inhabit NYC are obviously busy researching their new pieces to write about Girardi's poor managing in an 8-1 win, and they're also busy putting the finishing touches on how you really can't trust a pitcher who gets out of bases loaded jams and is 10-0 after Yankees losses, with an ERA around 1.00.

While they read brilliant posts that talk about the incredible Yankee bullpen that also includes someone who's a waste of space.

LOL, perhaps this was the more reasonable way to deal with that post.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/17/2017  11:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2017  11:06 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Just please Joe, don't start Sonny Gray in any games that matter going forward. He pitches like Cy Young and we hit (don't) like an old ladies softball team. We give him tons of run support and he pitches batting practice for that old ladies softball team...

Maybe a Game 2 when we've already won Game 1...

My thoughts too! His ERA is not bad but I think some of that is luck. He's been giving up a lot of HRs and walks. It's just a matter of time before that leads to a lot of runs (and it looks like it has begun to). My playoff rotation would be Severino, Tanaka/CC (not sure who gets game 2 vs. 3), and Montgomery. Gray would be on the playoff roster in case a starter gets hurt. It's daring to go with the rookie Montgomery over Gray but he's been pitching better and I think he gives us a better chance of winning.

your going to leave out CC, who quietly had a very solid season?

No I put him and Tanaka as the #2 and 3 starters.

I was telling people CC was going to be the key, he has been pitching in all the must win games, and has came through with flying colors, can't win without veterans in no sport

ES
Bonn1997
USA
10/17/2017  11:37 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Just please Joe, don't start Sonny Gray in any games that matter going forward. He pitches like Cy Young and we hit (don't) like an old ladies softball team. We give him tons of run support and he pitches batting practice for that old ladies softball team...

My thoughts too! His ERA is not bad but I think some of that is luck. He's been giving up a lot of HRs and walks. It's just a matter of time before that leads to a lot of runs (and it looks like it has begun to). My playoff rotation would be Severino, Tanaka/CC (not sure who gets game 2 vs. 3), and Montgomery. Gray would be on the playoff roster in case a starter gets hurt. It's daring to go with the rookie Montgomery over Gray but he's been pitching better and I think he gives us a better chance of winning.

I was telling people CC was going to be the key, he has been pitching in all the must win games, and has came through with flying colors, can't win without veterans in no sport

Correct but you have to create a situation first that good veterans would want to be a part of. The Yankees have done that.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/17/2017  12:05 PM
Girardi is good. He's got a great connection to his pitching staff. A true catcher's view point in the dugout, and his pitchers like him. There will always be mistakes. Its not chess. In chess when you take a piece you dont have to worry about it executing, you just win it. Easy to think he stuck with CC too long in game 5, but there is some context. He was pitching perfectly. The hits came quickly so it even if someone throws after the first hit no gimme he's ready. The hits were good pitches, the batters did a good job of going and getting them. Too many pro hitters are not willing to do that.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/17/2017  12:29 PM
fishmike wrote:Girardi is good. He's got a great connection to his pitching staff. A true catcher's view point in the dugout, and his pitchers like him. There will always be mistakes. Its not chess. In chess when you take a piece you dont have to worry about it executing, you just win it. Easy to think he stuck with CC too long in game 5, but there is some context. He was pitching perfectly. The hits came quickly so it even if someone throws after the first hit no gimme he's ready. The hits were good pitches, the batters did a good job of going and getting them. Too many pro hitters are not willing to do that.

I hope Girardi gets resigned by the Yanks. The issue I had with Joe last night wasn't for sticking with CC too long - it was letting Betances get a second batter in the 9th. I know he wanted to conserve his arms for later / let some of his arms get earned rest. He walks both and all of a sudden it turns into DEFCON 5

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knicks1248
10/17/2017  1:04 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:Girardi is good. He's got a great connection to his pitching staff. A true catcher's view point in the dugout, and his pitchers like him. There will always be mistakes. Its not chess. In chess when you take a piece you dont have to worry about it executing, you just win it. Easy to think he stuck with CC too long in game 5, but there is some context. He was pitching perfectly. The hits came quickly so it even if someone throws after the first hit no gimme he's ready. The hits were good pitches, the batters did a good job of going and getting them. Too many pro hitters are not willing to do that.

I hope Girardi gets resigned by the Yanks. The issue I had with Joe last night wasn't for sticking with CC too long - it was letting Betances get a second batter in the 9th. I know he wanted to conserve his arms for later / let some of his arms get earned rest. He walks both and all of a sudden it turns into DEFCON 5

Actually I thought giving him a shot to regain his confidence in the 8th inning with a 8-0 lead, was the best chance he was going to get. You want to know you can at some point rely on him, and from the looks of hit, you can't.

it seems like he was just throwing as hard as he can, and where ever it lands, it lands, location wasn't a priority.

ES
Bonn1997
USA
10/17/2017  1:50 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Actually I thought giving him a shot to regain his confidence in the 8th inning with a 8-0 lead, was the best chance he was going to get. You want to know you can at some point rely on him, and from the looks of hit, you can't.

it seems like he was just throwing as hard as he can, and where ever it lands, it lands, location wasn't a priority.

Agreed. He had that one really bad mistake with not challenging that play but no one is perfect. How many decisions is a manager making per game?! There are bound to be mistakes. I support Girardi overall and hope he is back.
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
10/17/2017  3:15 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Agreed. He had that one really bad mistake with not challenging that play but no one is perfect. How many decisions is a manager making per game?! There are bound to be mistakes. I support Girardi overall and hope he is back.

Ditto but I also don’t blame Girardi if he wants to take a year or two off. Professional coaching for so long has got to take years off of you from all of that stress and pressure.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/17/2017  3:35 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

So at 0-2 your really said that?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/17/2017  3:35 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

knicks1248
10/17/2017  6:21 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

I said it right after we beat the twins, I follow the yanks like the knicks, i got a app, that alerts me of everything knicks, packers, yanks,

CC flew under the radar this season because of the attn JUDGE and Servino got. He wasn't striking a ton of batters out, but he has been extremely reliable

ES
Bonn1997
USA
10/17/2017  7:29 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:BigRed - you could be getting your wish at DH:

http://nypost.com/2017/10/13/stay-tuned-girardi-strongly-hints-at-a-new-dh-for-game-1/

HOUSTON — With his DHs hitless in 20 at-bats during the ALDS, the Yankees’ Joe Girardi sounded like a manager contemplating adding a third wheel to the picture.

Asked about Matt Holliday getting his first taste of this postseason, Girardi said, “Stay tuned.’’

Holliday faced Sonny Gray and Chasen Shreve in simulated games after the Yankees worked out Thursday.

I'd still personally like to see Romine get the start at C and Sanchez DH.

Why?

Why for Romine? I feel he's a defensive upgrade to Sanchez. At least better at getting to balls in the dirt/stopping a passed ball. I'd also prefer Sanchez's bat to any combination of Headley/Ellsbury/Holliday, albeit Gary didn't have a great series against Cleveland either.

Not saying he should play each game behind the plate, but let's get him a couple games so he's not too rusty.

Ugh. It's not so clear cut. Romaine had that interference at the worst possible time.
knicks1248
10/17/2017  8:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2017  8:36 PM
We just keep coming back, it's gotta be very frustrating for the opponent
ES
BigRedDog
Member: #569
10/17/2017  8:53 PM
Great Win!!! One big difference is they stopped calling that low low strike ( thats a ball) against Judge.. Gives him a fair chance
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
OT: The Yankees Are Back!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy