[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo dont want Kyrie in NYC
Author Thread
Gudris
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6213

7/27/2017  1:51 PM
Melo is a bad person, before Kyrie rumors he said he wants to go to Cavs or Houston, now when Kyrie says he wants to go to Knicks, Melo now says he only wants to go to Houston, you know why ?

Because he is faken scared, ,if Kyrie comes to NYC instead of him and Knicks goes to playooofs or even second round or something ? what will they say about Melo after that ? Everyone will blame Melo for Knicks being so miserable all these years with Melo.

Fako Melo.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/27/2017  1:54 PM
Gudris wrote:Melo is a bad person, before Kyrie rumors he said he wants to go to Cavs or Houston, now when Kyrie says he wants to go to Knicks, Melo now says he only wants to go to Houston, you know why ?

Because he is faken scared, ,if Kyrie comes to NYC instead of him and Knicks goes to playooofs or even second round or something ? what will they say about Melo after that ? Everyone will blame Melo for Knicks being so miserable all these years with Melo.

Fako Melo.

Is that right or is it just a coincidence of timelines?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
dwiley20
Member: #5755

7/27/2017  2:00 PM
I hear ya but what if Melo wanted to play with Kyrie in Cleveland...Melo doesnt want to to a team who has to give up big pieces
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/27/2017  2:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/27/2017  5:16 PM
Seems that Melo wants to go to the Cavs with James, Irving, and himself because he sees that team as having a more legitimate chance to win a title.

Lebron's reaction to Irving leaving, and the potential that he might leave the Cavs would be another issue.

I think Melo wants to be in a situation where he can OPT IN the final year of his contract. Melo knows that if he is on the Cavs and James leaves, he, Melo, will have to opt out, and will probably never get the same amount of $$ that he is leaving on the table, especially if his body continues to decline.

Rose is an example to look at. He is, in some ways, similar to Melo in that he has tremendous scoring ability, but does little else to help a team. Yes, he wanted to be on a team with a chance to go to a title, but teams were not exactly beating down his door to offer him a contract. You have to believe that Anthony might be in a similar situation, with little chance of picking up a $20M+ contract if he opts out early and goes on the market.

If you believe he is more concerned about money than a title, this might be a way to look at his decision to shy away from the Cavs.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/27/2017  2:22 PM
Gudris wrote:Melo is a bad person, before Kyrie rumors he said he wants to go to Cavs or Houston, now when Kyrie says he wants to go to Knicks, Melo now says he only wants to go to Houston, you know why ?

Fako Melo.

This really consumes people's thoughts and time?

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/27/2017  2:22 PM
I can legitimately see Melo opening up his NTC for OKC if this drags on and Houston becomes unlikely. It seems like a great situation for him in Okc and i don't see much difference between that and Houston for him.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/27/2017  2:24 PM
Knixkik wrote:I can legitimately see Melo opening up his NTC for OKC if this drags on and Houston becomes unlikely. It seems like a great situation for him in Okc and i don't see much difference between that and Houston for him.

He might. I think he either is a rocket via trade, a rocket via buyout, or a Knick.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/27/2017  2:28 PM
dwiley20 wrote:I hear ya but what if Melo wanted to play with Kyrie in Cleveland...Melo doesnt want to to a team who has to give up big pieces

So Melo finally grow up and start thinking in wise ways.
Better late that never.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/27/2017  2:31 PM
This makes him a bad person?!
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/27/2017  2:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/27/2017  2:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I can legitimately see Melo opening up his NTC for OKC if this drags on and Houston becomes unlikely. It seems like a great situation for him in Okc and i don't see much difference between that and Houston for him.

He might. I think he either is a rocket via trade, a rocket via buyout, or a Knick.

A buy out is completely off the table, unless he is going to take significantly less. He also loses his bird rights, so even if he signs with a contender, almost no team in the NBA will have significant cap space over the next 2 seasons when he turns 35.

OKC does not have 27 million $$ worth of contracts to give the NYK, unless they give key players that do the things melo doesnt do, besides that entire OKC rumor could have been as far fetch as NOAH being dealt for a 1st rounder.

IMO, (melo at this age) is to one dimensional to gut your team for any contender

ES
reub
Member: #6227

7/27/2017  2:48 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:This makes him a bad person?!

It makes him a selfish person. Is that bad?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/27/2017  3:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

buyout? everyone Knicks FO says no buyout and you still see that as a viable path?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/27/2017  3:09 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Seems that Melo wants to go to the Cavs with James, Irving, and himself because he sees that team as having a more legitimate chance to win a title.

Lebron's reaction to Irving leaving, and the potential that he might leave the Cavs would be another issue.

I think Melo wants to be in a situation where he can OPT IN the final year of his contract. Melo knows that if he is on the Cavs and James leaves, hbe, Melo, will have to opt out, and will probably never get the same amount of $$ that he is leaving on the table, especially if his body continues to decline.

Rose is an example to look at. He is, in some ways, similar to Melo in that he has tremendous scoring ability, but does little else to help a team. Yes, he wanted to be on a team with a chance to go to a title, but teams were not exactly beating down his door to offer him a contract. You have to believe that Anthony might be in a similar situation, with little chance of picking up a $20M+ contract if he opts out early and goes on the market.

If you believe he is more concerned about money than a title, this might be a way to look at his decision to shy away from the Cavs.

Given what we know about Melo and his love for money, I think this is much closer to the truth. He will go to the team that gives him the best chance to opt in, still be relevant and then get as big a contract as he can after two years.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/27/2017  3:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/27/2017  3:13 PM

Fako Melo.

So the Cavs accepted a package for Melo, went to Melo, and he said no? Wow that's a lot of assumption. Then based on this assumption, you deem him a bad person? Makes sense.

Fact of the matter is, no one knows if the Cavs are entertaining trade offers for Irving. Think it would be more rational to assume they are still in the first steps of processing the Situation. But let's say they started negotiating. Most acknowledge that Melo and draft picks is not enough to get Cavs to even listen to them. Would probably take KP for them to listen, and we know that's not going to happen.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/27/2017  3:12 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

buyout? everyone Knicks FO says no buyout and you still see that as a viable path?

It probably isn't an option but I don't think he will expand his list.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/27/2017  3:17 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

at this point no... but things do change, including Melo. Nobody knows where his head is. I assume a current buyout would include the majority of his owed money. However what if he's simply so ready to move on he leaves a big chunk on the table? Like we are approaching training camp, there is bad blood between him and the org (or unrepaired bridges if you want to keep it toned down) and Melo says he will waive his player option and take $18mm to walk away what then? I think that it becomes more viable.

It certainly sounds like the Knicks are going to play hardball a bit here.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/27/2017  3:18 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Seems that Melo wants to go to the Cavs with James, Irving, and himself because he sees that team as having a more legitimate chance to win a title.

I think Melo wants to be in a situation where he can OPT IN the final year of his contract. Melo knows that if he is on the Cavs and James leaves, hbe, Melo, will have to opt out, and will probably never get the same amount of $$ that he is leaving on the table, especially if his body continues to decline.

Given what we know about Melo and his love for money, I think this is much closer to the truth. He will go to the team that gives him the best chance to opt in, still be relevant and then get as big a contract as he can after two years.

Who doesnt love money? Who doesnt want all the money owed to them? Phil jackson only took the job after Dolan threw more money at him. The theme of Melo and his money is pure nonsense. It applies to most athletes and execs, not just Melo...

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/27/2017  3:20 PM
reub wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:This makes him a bad person?!

It makes him a selfish person. Is that bad?

Why? Because he has a NTC and he is utilizing it? Also, Houston was the prefered destination before the Kyrie trade demand...

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/27/2017  3:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

It probably isn't an option but I don't think he will expand his list.

My gut feeling is neither Melo or Irving get moved before season. Melo probably has a better chance of getting moved to Cavs before trade deadline. But not for Irving. Cavs will want the moon for him. And Perry may actually be doing the right thing. Holding out for the right package for Melo. And I don't think Houston wants to provide one. The only wild card is if Portland takes on Anderson.
Obviously a complicated situation that will require a team to lose in the deal. Hopefully it won't be the Knicks.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/27/2017  3:32 PM
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Who doesnt love money? Who doesnt want all the money owed to them? Phil jackson only took the job after Dolan threw more money at him. The theme of Melo and his money is pure nonsense. It applies to most athletes and execs, not just Melo...

Its very rare to find a pro athlete who puts winning and team over money. Its insane to expect otherwise as well. I would simply ask anyone who is in the middle of any good job or career. What if in say 8 years that career would end and you would have to do something almost totally unrelated? aka.. star over? I am pretty sure anyone with a brain and ounce of responsibility would get the most from that job that they could.

Melo is not a bad guy. He's liked. He's not a bad person either, as he does tremendous philanthropy work and has helped many people. He has not really helped the Knicks, and isnt helping them now. Consider the emotional attachment or history most here have with the Knicks you can see the connection.

I get it. Doesnt make it true or real.

Nothing wrong with Melo the dude. Melo #7 just isnt helping the Knicks anymore. Time to move on. Some need some emotional freedom there I guess. JRod is the internet embodiment of Nalod's emotional tampon

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Melo dont want Kyrie in NYC

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy