[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Five trade proposals for Kyrie !!!
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
7/24/2017  7:21 AM
I was reading 'Knicks Trade Rumors: Five trade proposals for Kyrie Irving' on NY Basketball for iOS and I thought you might be interested in reading it too.
http://dailyknicks.com/2017/07/24/knicks-trade-rumors-proposals-kyrie-irving/

Lee yes Quinn yes Melo please Randle? Fine. Picks? Hmmm
Frank ? Hmmmmm
Wily ? Nope!

AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/24/2017  7:28 AM
I think you trade any asset other than Porzingis, Hernangomez, Ntilikina.
THj you can not trade before December.

So Melo.
2018 draft pick (top 10 protected).
Any of O'Quinn, Thomas, Lee. Useful role players.
A second round pick.

I would do that on the basis that the Knicks would have a young core like

Hernangomez
Porzingis
Hardaway
Ntilikina
Irving

That's an unbelievable, fast turnaround re-build from Noah, Porzingis, Melo, Lee, Rose.

MS
Member: #724
7/24/2017  8:58 AM
I think if we give them

2018 First Round pick, Lee, KOQ, Melo for Shumpert, Irving, Frye, it's possible to get it done.

Shumpert is terrible and Lee is a better shooter and defender and allows them to bring JR off the bench. Frye is redundant and can't defends and KOQ has a nice contract and can provide some toughness. It would probably make them a more complete team. Melo will replace the 20pts lost by Irving.

If you have to include a 2020 selection I think we would probably do it and so would they.

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
7/24/2017  9:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2017  9:07 AM
MS wrote:I think if we give them

2018 First Round pick, Lee, KOQ, Melo for Shumpert, Irving, Frye, it's possible to get it done.

Shumpert is terrible and Lee is a better shooter and defender and allows them to bring JR off the bench. Frye is redundant and can't defends and KOQ has a nice contract and can provide some toughness. It would probably make them a more complete team. Melo will replace the 20pts lost by Irving.

If you have to include a 2020 selection I think we would probably do it and so would they.

This is too much. We should stay prudent for a while before gambling yet again. It always backfire and we cannot affort another disaster.
A pick is a positive, Lee against Shump is a positive, KOQ against Frye is a positive, Melo against Irving is a negative but not as much as we 'd like. In this scenario, we pay too much.
Honest question, how much would you be willing to pay for Durant who is a FAAARRR superior player than Irving?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/24/2017  9:14 AM
I don't see a 2 team trade that really makes sense. We can't give them a championship ready PG as a replacement. Involving Phoenix makes the most sense. We would probably have to give Phoenix Frank, and Bledsoe would be routed to Cleveland. For example:

Cavs get: Melo, Bledsoe, and Lee
Phoenix get: JR Smith, Ntilikina
Knicks get: Irving, Shumpert, Jefferson

This would work under the cap. Would hate to lose Frank. No draft picks would be needed though. Cavs getting those 3 players is a haul and would make LeBron happy for this season at least. Shumpert and Smith get cleared from their books. Phoenix gets the younger PG who could fit perfectly with Booker in the backcourt, and would have to take JR to make it work. Knicks get the best player and avoid trading future picks.

I would reluctantly make a deal like this, but including Frank gives me pause. If we passed, we have to believe Frank becomes a star.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/24/2017  9:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2017  9:34 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:I think you trade any asset other than Porzingis, Hernangomez, Ntilikina.

So Melo.
A second round pick.

Hernangomez
Porzingis
Hardaway
Ntilikina
Irving

That's an unbelievable, fast turnaround re-build from Noah, Porzingis, Melo, Lee, Rose.

This is about the only deal I would do. Just not a big fan of Kyrie.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/24/2017  9:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2017  9:59 AM
Vmart wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I think you trade any asset other than Porzingis, Hernangomez, Ntilikina.

So Melo.
A second round pick.

Hernangomez
Porzingis
Hardaway
Ntilikina
Irving

Yeah I would do that but wouldn't give up more.
Knixkik
USA
7/24/2017  10:42 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

So Melo.
A second round pick.

Hernangomez
Porzingis
Hardaway
Ntilikina
Irving

I agree. Melo, Lee, and a protected 1st for Kyrie, Shump, and Jefferson isn't fair, but it's as high as i go. If they ask for Frank, i would consider, but only if no picks are included. Would prefer to deal a heavily protected pick though and leave it at that. Lee is a big upgrade over Shump and they will sign Rose. They will still be the favorites in the east by far.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
7/24/2017  12:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2017  12:21 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

So Melo.
A second round pick.

Hernangomez
Porzingis
Hardaway
Ntilikina
Irving

I agree. Melo, Lee, and a protected 1st for Kyrie, Shump, and Jefferson isn't fair, but it's as high as i go. If they ask for Frank, i would consider, but only if no picks are included. Would prefer to deal a heavily protected pick though and leave it at that. Lee is a big upgrade over Shump and they will sign Rose. They will still be the favorites in the east by far.

To me all home grown picks are off limits. Ntlikina, KP, WH. Ntlikina eventually will become a difference maker and I'm not giving him up not for Kyrie he has a injury history. He wasn't a difference maker in his early years with the Cavs. His growth can be attributed to LeBron and he makes everyone better just by his presence.

kyrie to me is more Stephon Marbury type player he won't help NYK with anything significant. The Knicks best teams always revolved around PGs that were facilitators. If you have Kyrie you have to pair him up with a tall PG and Ntlikina would fit nice with Kyrie. But how does Kyrie and Hardaway fit? They don't they are two similar type players your going to have very little ball movement.

The thing with Kyrie he is he is good but not that good. He is a situational player. Right now LeBron make him without LeBron you have a lottery bound team with Kyrie. That's why I don't want to give up a pick for him. If you want to talk Melo and Lee or O'Quin then I'm listening. Because I think Kylie with Ntlikina makes sense.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/24/2017  4:06 PM

So Melo.
A second round pick.

Hernangomez
Porzingis
Hardaway
Ntilikina
Irving

I am not a fan of giving up first round draft picks for a player that doesn't seem to fit what we are supposedly doing - building around KP. If we have already moved on from that their I have to question what we ARE doing? Nothing about Irving's game says he will make KP better. Now if we are trying to change from KP centric to Irving centric, I think that's short sighted. Irving had a chance to show what he can do as the franchise player prior to LeBron joining the cavs, Kporzee deserves the same chance

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/24/2017  4:13 PM
I make a low ball offer for Kyrie, Melo and a pick, and really just hope to drive the price up for another team to pay.
Im sure in boston fans want Ainge to open the vault and get Kyrie.
In Miami, they want him........
Minny? Cost them Wiggins and another......
Kyrie can be traded ANYWHERE.

Question is where are the cav's going.

knicks1248
Member: #582
7/24/2017  7:02 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

So Melo.
A second round pick.

Hernangomez
Porzingis
Hardaway
Ntilikina
Irving

I would take back the 2018 the pick and give them the 2019th pick and include gomez and keep lee.

ES
doomed
Member: #1078
USA
7/24/2017  8:40 PM
Irvin doesn't play much defense. I can't get past that. He's a good player but guys who don't play good defense aren't great overall players and a guy like Irvin, watch him come to NYC and regress. Because that's what happens to players at msg...
Knixkik
USA
7/24/2017  8:44 PM
doomed wrote:Irvin doesn't play much defense. I can't get past that. He's a good player but guys who don't play good defense aren't great overall players and a guy like Irvin, watch him come to NYC and regress. Because that's what happens to players at msg...

I do agree defense is a concern. With the long-term commitment in Hardaway, it does make for a questionable defensive backcourt. I really hope Ntilikina works out. If he does, his defensive ability and playmaking is a perfect compliment to Hardaway. Ultimately i don't see us getting Irving. Our franchise success in the next 5 years really depends on the development of Porzingis and Ntilikina.

Paris907
USA
7/24/2017  10:11 PM
Knicks get : Kyrie and Tyson Chandler
Cleveland : Bledsoe and Melo
Suns get : Kyle OQuinn, Frye and Shumpert
(Saw this in Instgram)

Not a bad deal. After listening to Bill Simmons podcast saying that Kyrie just won't get traded

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/25/2017  7:03 AM
Paris907 wrote:Knicks get : Kyrie and Tyson Chandler
(Saw this in Instgram)

Not a bad deal. After listening to Bill Simmons podcast saying that Kyrie just won't get traded

Why are the Suns doing this trade?
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Paris907
USA
7/25/2017  7:37 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Knicks get : Kyrie and Tyson Chandler
(Saw this in Instgram)

Why are the Suns doing this trade?

Bledsoe gone after this season. He's trade bait and at $15m is well priced.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/25/2017  7:42 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

So Melo.
A second round pick.

Hernangomez
Porzingis
Hardaway
Ntilikina
Irving

I would take back the 2018 the pick and give them the 2019th pick and include gomez and keep lee.

Well that makes one of us.
Five trade proposals for Kyrie !!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy