[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hold up! Kyrie just requested a trade!!!
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/30/2017  2:56 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
reub wrote:No to trading our young kids and future draft picks for a high scoring, ball-hogging, no defense kind of guy. Haven't we learned our lesson yet?

No I don't think we have, NY is the definition of the perpetual starfukk. The next shiny object always wins. Because THIS time it will be different.

I hate that stupid "starfukk" term. Anytime someone disagrees with a trade it's a starfukk. It went from being a term that meant trading for old past their prime names because it make a splash to now apparently meaning trading for any star because it's not homegrown talent just because someone happens to not like a trade. It's turned into the UK version of "Yo momma". It's so "fukking" lame.

You can disagree with it all you like. To me anytime we overpay for one dimensional players who can only do one thing will and are "all star" or worse "all star potential" it's starfukking. It's not about the age of the player we are trading for it's about the skillset and the fit and whether we are overpaying for him or not. In my opinion Kyrie can do only one thing well, he doesn't fit our chosen path of young athletic players that play good defense he is at the outside limit of the age range we are supposedly looking at and giving up draft picks and or Frank would basically mean we are repeating the Melo trade. So in my opinion it's just another dumb starfukk and that's what I am going to call it

Also, considering how excited some here are about getting Kyrie, I'm surprised no one has disagreed with me when I've been calling him just a top 40 NBA player. I'm not going to actually take the time to count every player that I think is better than Kyrie now, but I'll go through the list at PG. If we ignore age for a minute and just look at current performance, I'd put these players (in no particular order) ahead of Kyrie: Chris Paul, Isaiah Thomas, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Kyle Lowry, and Damian Lillard. I'd say he's tied with Mike Conley. I'd put Kyrie ahead of John Wall but I'm sure some would disagree. I'll say he's tied for 7th at his position, which would extrapolate to around 35th to 40th in the league, though a better analysis would actually count the players at each position. (If we're considering age and long-term planning, I'd have to go through the list again. Some of those guys I'd remove but I'm sure there are younger players on cheaper contracts that I'd throw in ahead of Kyrie too.)

Thomas Harden Lillard all are almost non defenders, Harden was one dimensional until he had the ball 95% of the time, and while I cant look it up now, i am willing to bet Kyrie had stats similar to Millard and Thomas, and was in a different league than Conley, although I look at Irving as Conley on roids.

That puts them on par with Irving then. It would be interesting to compare their opponent FG%s. I'll try to do that later today.

You said those guys were all better markedly better than Irving. Half of them have the same knock as Irving and Irving put up comparable number-i haven't had a chance to look them up but other than Westbrook and Harden, and Paul's assists, I am willing to bet they are similar. And his numbers are flat out better than Conley.

Memphis made the playoffs in the West with not much on their squad. Gasol, past it Randolph, & Conley. Broken down Parson who had a terrible year injury plagued year. Conley held a 209 WS48 which is better then what Irving held with more talent. Conley put up a .604 TS% which is great for a guard and also better than Irving. Conley held higher Win Shares offensively and defensively. Held a higher Offensive plus minus and Defensive plus minus and doubled Irving in Box plus minus which is the total score of both. As well as a higher Value Over Replacement than Irving. Outperformed Irving in per 100 possessions offensive rating & defensive rating 120-108 to 116-112.

Conley was a flat out better player then Irving last year with less help vs tougher comp.

I admire your knowledge of advance statistics. I am not as you are in their application. But allow me this. You said Kyrie had a better cast. Then quote that Conley had a better value over replacement. But with a better cast was Kyrie's backup better than Conley's? I am not sure exactly how they measure that stat.

TS%. Kyrie scored 25 points per game as a second scoring option, and being the main guy when Lebron was out. It was his job to score. Conley' S job was to facilitate, taking less shots, especially less contested shots. So wouldn't common sense dictate based on their roles, and quality of shots Conley would average better?

We've already established Kyrie isn't a great defender.

As to your last stats listed, once again Kyrie wasnt in charge of his team's offense Conley was. Kyrie kind of had to take what he was given whole Conley is the decision maker on his team. Defensively, we covered already.

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
USA
7/30/2017  2:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/30/2017  3:13 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
reub wrote:No to trading our young kids and future draft picks for a high scoring, ball-hogging, no defense kind of guy. Haven't we learned our lesson yet?

No I don't think we have, NY is the definition of the perpetual starfukk. The next shiny object always wins. Because THIS time it will be different.

I hate that stupid "starfukk" term. Anytime someone disagrees with a trade it's a starfukk. It went from being a term that meant trading for old past their prime names because it make a splash to now apparently meaning trading for any star because it's not homegrown talent just because someone happens to not like a trade. It's turned into the UK version of "Yo momma". It's so "fukking" lame.

You can disagree with it all you like. To me anytime we overpay for one dimensional players who can only do one thing will and are "all star" or worse "all star potential" it's starfukking. It's not about the age of the player we are trading for it's about the skillset and the fit and whether we are overpaying for him or not. In my opinion Kyrie can do only one thing well, he doesn't fit our chosen path of young athletic players that play good defense he is at the outside limit of the age range we are supposedly looking at and giving up draft picks and or Frank would basically mean we are repeating the Melo trade. So in my opinion it's just another dumb starfukk and that's what I am going to call it

Also, considering how excited some here are about getting Kyrie, I'm surprised no one has disagreed with me when I've been calling him just a top 40 NBA player. I'm not going to actually take the time to count every player that I think is better than Kyrie now, but I'll go through the list at PG. If we ignore age for a minute and just look at current performance, I'd put these players (in no particular order) ahead of Kyrie: Chris Paul, Isaiah Thomas, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Kyle Lowry, and Damian Lillard. I'd say he's tied with Mike Conley. I'd put Kyrie ahead of John Wall but I'm sure some would disagree. I'll say he's tied for 7th at his position, which would extrapolate to around 35th to 40th in the league, though a better analysis would actually count the players at each position. (If we're considering age and long-term planning, I'd have to go through the list again. Some of those guys I'd remove but I'm sure there are younger players on cheaper contracts that I'd throw in ahead of Kyrie too.)

Thomas Harden Lillard all are almost non defenders, Harden was one dimensional until he had the ball 95% of the time, and while I cant look it up now, i am willing to bet Kyrie had stats similar to Millard and Thomas, and was in a different league than Conley, although I look at Irving as Conley on roids.

That puts them on par with Irving then. It would be interesting to compare their opponent FG%s. I'll try to do that later today.

You said those guys were all better markedly better than Irving. Half of them have the same knock as Irving and Irving put up comparable number-i haven't had a chance to look them up but other than Westbrook and Harden, and Paul's assists, I am willing to bet they are similar. And his numbers are flat out better than Conley.

Possibly on par with regard to defense. You think Harden's and Paul's assists are similar to Kyrie's?! They're not even remotely close. They average around 10 assists a game and Kyrie is at 5.8. Lillard's assists are similar to Kyrie's but he is a much better rebounder than Kyrie, and I haven't confirmed yet that his defense was as bad as Kyrie's. I'll have to look into it later.

Regarding Harden, Paul, and Kyrie, i said the exact opposite of what you think I said.

Edit. I see the confusion. A better way to pit it is Westbrook Harden are definitely a cut above, and Paul is a better passing PG.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/30/2017  3:00 PM
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Memphis made the playoffs in the West with not much on their squad. Gasol, past it Randolph, & Conley. Broken down Parson who had a terrible year injury plagued year. Conley held a 209 WS48 which is better then what Irving held with more talent. Conley put up a .604 TS% which is great for a guard and also better than Irving. Conley held higher Win Shares offensively and defensively. Held a higher Offensive plus minus and Defensive plus minus and doubled Irving in Box plus minus which is the total score of both. As well as a higher Value Over Replacement than Irving. Outperformed Irving in per 100 possessions offensive rating & defensive rating 120-108 to 116-112.

Conley was a flat out better player then Irving last year with less help vs tougher comp.

I admire your knowledge of advance statistics. I am not as you are in their application. But allow me this. You said Kyrie had a better cast. Then quote that Conley had a better value over replacement. But with a better cast was Kyrie's backup better than Conley's? I am not sure exactly how they measure that stat.

TS%. Kyrie scored 25 points per game as a second scoring option, and being the main guy when Lebron was out. It was his job to score. Conley' S job was to facilitate, taking less shots, especially less contested shots. So wouldn't common sense dictate based on their roles, and quality of shots Conley would average better?

As to your last stats listed, once again Kyrie wasnt in charge of his team's offense Conley was. Kyrie kind of had to take what he was given whole Conley is the decision maker on his team. Defensively, we covered already.

Value over replacement means how much value are you adding over a replacement level player (or basically a league min player). It's not the player you're replacing on your team.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/30/2017  3:22 PM
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I'm not an expert in advanced stats but those statistics give weight to how Blazers, Denver, Wolves, Dallas all arguably held more talent then Memphis. Yet Memphis held a better record over all of them. Conley had close to an MVP caliber year last yr.

Conley was the 2nd scoring option on the Grizz as well. And is first when Gasol is out. He scored the most point per game on the team. Taking the 2nd most shots on the team. Lead the team in pts per game and assist. Conley is just a technically sound PG who plays a strong all around game but can also drop buckets when needed.

Mostly I was responding to the claim that Irving's numbers were flat out better then Conley's. Conley displayed that he was the best player on Memphis last season and lead them to the playoffs. Something that Irving has yet to display himself. Its possible, but he hasn't proven it.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
joec32033
USA
7/30/2017  3:38 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I'm not an expert in advanced stats but those statistics give weight to how Blazers, Denver, Wolves, Dallas all arguably held more talent then Memphis. Yet Memphis held a better record over all of them. Conley had close to an MVP caliber year last yr.

Conley was the 2nd scoring option on the Grizz as well. And is first when Gasol is out. He scored the most point per game on the team. Taking the 2nd most shots on the team. Lead the team in pts per game and assist. Conley is just a technically sound PG who plays a strong all around game but can also drop buckets when needed.

Mostly I was responding to the claim that Irving's numbers were flat out better then Conley's. Conley displayed that he was the best player on Memphis last season and lead them to the playoffs. Something that Irving has yet to display himself. Its possible, but he hasn't proven it.

So it isn't based on what they did but what on the team's around them did?

joec32033
USA
7/30/2017  3:39 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Value over replacement means how much value are you adding over a replacement level player (or basically a league min player). It's not the player you're replacing on your team.

Ok...but would role on their respective team's still play a major part in that rating?

nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
7/30/2017  4:12 PM
If you're a PG starting next to Lebron it's gonna impact how you play. Kyrie passes at a rate that is top 20 in the League among all players. He's not getting the Assist numbers but he's making the passes. His Potential Assists are among the top of the league despite starting next to Lebron.
Bonn1997
USA
7/30/2017  4:42 PM
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Possibly on par with regard to defense. You think Harden's and Paul's assists are similar to Kyrie's?! They're not even remotely close. They average around 10 assists a game and Kyrie is at 5.8. Lillard's assists are similar to Kyrie's but he is a much better rebounder than Kyrie, and I haven't confirmed yet that his defense was as bad as Kyrie's. I'll have to look into it later.

Regarding Harden, Paul, and Kyrie, i said the exact opposite of what you think I said.

Edit. I see the confusion. A better way to pit it is Westbrook Harden are definitely a cut above, and Paul is a better passing PG.

Oh I read it wrong. Makes more sense now.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/30/2017  6:43 PM
Irving is a great player.
The problem with him and the Knicks is that we do not have what it takes to get him.
We can of course repeat Melo or Marbs blunders for another 7 years with Irving.
But I do not believe his agent will want this for him regardless of Knicks being stupid enough to do this again.
The only way for KNicks to get this kind of player is in FA and if he really badly wants to play in NY.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
newyorknewyork
7/30/2017  7:10 PM
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

If that was the case then he wouldnt have held a .209 WS48. And 60% TS, 121 Ortg Conley was a beast last year.

Bonn1997
USA
7/30/2017  7:35 PM
arkrud wrote:Irving is a great player.
The problem with him and the Knicks is that we do not have what it takes to get him.
We can of course repeat Melo or Marbs blunders for another 7 years with Irving.
But I do not believe his agent will want this for him regardless of Knicks being stupid enough to do this again.
The only way for KNicks to get this kind of player is in FA and if he really badly wants to play in NY.

Wait, what?! We have KP, Willy, Frank, and all our future picks. We have way more than it would take to get Kyrie. The problem is that Cleveland wants too much.
joec32033
USA
7/30/2017  8:02 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

If that was the case then he wouldnt have held a .209 WS48. And 60% TS, 121 Ortg Conley was a beast last year.

Conley averaged 20pts 3rbs and 6ast in 33 mins (and is also 29)
Kyrie averaged 25pts 3rbs and 5.8ast. In 35 mins (at 25)

This year was arguably the season of Conley's career. Was also probably a career year so far for Kyrie. I think currently they are close to on par. I also think Kyrie has room to grow past Conley.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

7/30/2017  10:58 PM
GustavBahler wrote:If this is true, Phoenix might be out of the running unless they get very creative...

Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com:

a source said the Suns told Devin Booker he would not be traded

Booker is one of the NBA’s most overrated players – a young, high-volume scorer with only moderate efficiency and undeveloped periphery skills. He’s also just 20 and on a low-paying rookie-scale contract for two more years. He’s incredibly valuable, and it’s unsurprising Phoenix views him as untradable, as teams typically overvalue their own players.

I wouldn’t refuse to trade him (or Jackson), and the Suns aren’t beholden to anything they told either player.

Assess Vardon's own incentive to want a trade with Phoenix. Assess NBC's relationship with Nike ( who sponsor both Irving and LBJ) Assess Bledsoes relationship with LBJ ( same agent, Rich Paul)

Vardon's piece is a cheap hatchet piece trying to create public backlash against the Suns front office for not taking a horrible deal just to help out the Cavs.

Booker is 20 years old ANY FRANCHISE in the league would be ecstatic to have him on their roster. He's a 20 year old wing who can gun it from long range and can create his own shot. He's only scratched the surface of his capabilities. Yes, he has serious flaws in his game, but the long range potential is there.

Effective cost controlled wings, with three point range and can create their own shot, have the HIGHEST POSITIONAL VALUE and HIGHEST OVERALL VALUE in the entire league.

Overvalue my @ss.

newyorknewyork
7/31/2017  12:16 AM
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

This year was arguably the season of Conley's career. Was also probably a career year so far for Kyrie. I think currently they are close to on par. I also think Kyrie has room to grow past Conley.

I can agree that this was probably Conley's peak season. Just like I can't agree that Irving had a better season statistically then Conley like you claimed before.

These stats are similar. But Conley scored his points more efficiently then Irving, played a higher level of defense than Irving which resulted in him being able to contribute more wins to the team than Irving. For this past season. All while doing it with less talent in a harder conference.

Irving is capable of being real efficient and taking his game to another level in terms of offensive efficiency. Everything depends on the price as well as the plan.

joec32033
USA
7/31/2017  1:41 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I can agree that this was probably Conley's peak season. Just like I can't agree that Irving had a better season statistically then Conley like you claimed before.

These stats are similar. But Conley scored his points more efficiently then Irving, played a higher level of defense than Irving which resulted in him being able to contribute more wins to the team than Irving. For this past season. All while doing it with less talent in a harder conference.

Irving is capable of being real efficient and taking his game to another level in terms of offensive efficiency. Everything depends on the price as well as the plan.

I'm with you on just about everything. Conley and Irving did have very similar seasons. Conley is a better defender. I just have to question what role on their perspective team's played in their season. Conley was the engine for his team. He was THE guy. Kyrie was one of the guys who played with Lebron, and still had a stellar season. Someone called Conley a beast before. Kyrie put up very comparable numbers and it is being pushed aside.

I get Kyrie is a bad defender. I get that some guys are having visions that Kyrie is basically Melo at the point. I just happen to disagree with this. I think this can be a different type of deal than the Melo deal, and it does fit in with the overall plan.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

7/31/2017  3:31 AM
joec32033 wrote:

Ok...but would role on their respective team's still play a major part in that rating?

The best way to see VORP, IMHO, in the NBA, is to assess relative production to dollars spent.

Here's a baseball example. The Yankees, in their 90's/early 2000s dynasty phase, spent a metric ton at one point on bullpen help. Big dollars for guys like Steve Karsay and Rafael Soriano. But most baseball pundits and analysts agree that the best way to construct a bullpen is to piecemeal one together. You can build a very effective bullpen on the cheap.

This was a MoneyBall example, i.e. Chad Bradford was making under a million dollars, but was outpeforming closers and high dollar RPs at a massive clip.

In the NBA, a guy like Kevin Martin, in his prime, could get you 20 points a game. Let's say he costs 15 million a season under that production level given that time and place in the league. If you drafted a 2nd round pick, who gave you 10 points a game, but was making like a million a season, could you recalibrate your roster to find the other 10 points a game AND MORE with the 14 million instead?

ARod gives you 30 HRs and 120 RBIs a year. At 30 million a year

Scott Brosius ( except for a few career years with the Yanks, pretty much a "league average" 3B guy) gives you 20 HRs and 85 RBIs a year. At 8 million a year.

Those 10 HRs and 35 RBI, could you make up the difference using those 22 million elsewhere on the roster?

This is why COST CONTROLLED PLAYERS in the NBA on their ROOKIE CONTRACTS are so damn valuable. They are producing at a fraction of a cost to their pay rate. Devin Booker score 20 a game. He's making like 3 million a year. On the open market, he'd be a 18 million dollar a year player. You see the massive value in that?

This is why guys like Kevin Love are hard to trade now. Yes, he can light up the scoreboard. But can you find a Stretch 4 who gives you 60-70 percent of his production for 20 percent of the cost?

This is why the Noah/Rose acquisitions were so very brutal to this team. It's not just the dead 3 more years of Noah. It's the loss of Robin Lopez's 3 years of his contract and the 3 years of cost control on Jerian Grant ( yes he likely won't pan out, but this is a principle issue)

Comparing Kyrie Irving against specific players is going to be a circular argument. Its better to compare Irving to a league average point guard relative the cost difference while accounting for the difference in production.

Where this can be counter argued is that Irving is a Nike endorsed player. As such, he gets better calls on the floor by the refs. This is not something you can truly quantify in a cost to benefit ratio just looking at production and stats. In terms of marketing appeal and "star power", these are factors that make Irving more desirable even if he costs more to his production level than a cheaper and/or younger non brand name player.

Bonn1997
USA
7/31/2017  7:56 AM
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I'm with you on just about everything. Conley and Irving did have very similar seasons. Conley is a better defender. I just have to question what role on their perspective team's played in their season. Conley was the engine for his team. He was THE guy. Kyrie was one of the guys who played with Lebron, and still had a stellar season. Someone called Conley a beast before. Kyrie put up very comparable numbers and it is being pushed aside.

I get Kyrie is a bad defender. I get that some guys are having visions that Kyrie is basically Melo at the point. I just happen to disagree with this. I think this can be a different type of deal than the Melo deal, and it does fit in with the overall plan.

There is ambiguity in the Kyrie-Conkey comparison for many reasons. That's why I felt it was safest to say they're roughly tied. There isn't years of consistent, convincing evidence to put one ahead of the other.
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

7/31/2017  8:18 AM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/31/2017  8:52 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If this is true, Phoenix might be out of the running unless they get very creative...

Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com:

a source said the Suns told Devin Booker he would not be traded

Booker is one of the NBA’s most overrated players – a young, high-volume scorer with only moderate efficiency and undeveloped periphery skills. He’s also just 20 and on a low-paying rookie-scale contract for two more years. He’s incredibly valuable, and it’s unsurprising Phoenix views him as untradable, as teams typically overvalue their own players.

I wouldn’t refuse to trade him (or Jackson), and the Suns aren’t beholden to anything they told either player.

Assess Vardon's own incentive to want a trade with Phoenix. Assess NBC's relationship with Nike ( who sponsor both Irving and LBJ) Assess Bledsoes relationship with LBJ ( same agent, Rich Paul)

Vardon's piece is a cheap hatchet piece trying to create public backlash against the Suns front office for not taking a horrible deal just to help out the Cavs.

Booker is 20 years old ANY FRANCHISE in the league would be ecstatic to have him on their roster. He's a 20 year old wing who can gun it from long range and can create his own shot. He's only scratched the surface of his capabilities. Yes, he has serious flaws in his game, but the long range potential is there.

Effective cost controlled wings, with three point range and can create their own shot, have the HIGHEST POSITIONAL VALUE and HIGHEST OVERALL VALUE in the entire league.

Overvalue my @ss.

Posted this mostly because it claims that Booker wont be traded. I agree the writer was a bit harsh in his assessment. I doubt they can come up with a package for Irving without Booker.

newyorknewyork
7/31/2017  10:35 AM
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

You make it seem as if Lebron was holding Kyrie back. But there is also the possibility(a very high possibility, probably more reality than possibility) that Lebron helped make Kyrie more efficient. If Kyrie were to become the focal point of an offense that his efficiency could drop. He will always get stats, but would he be able to maintain efficiency with a higher work load? Would he be able to make a team better the way Conley does as the man?

It is possible he could have a Harden or Westbrook type of explosion minus the rebounding as the focal point. JH pushing the tempo and Irving dropping 30-3-7. Don't want to have to bank on that though. Don't know if that translates to the Knicks actually being able to compete with the top teams in the East. And don't know what it would leave us with in terms of trying to build on top of that.

Hold up! Kyrie just requested a trade!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy