[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hold up! Kyrie just requested a trade!!!
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
7/28/2017  9:20 AM
The report out now is that the Cavs are seeking a deal similar to the Melo deal for Kyrie. I find it interesting that the Melo deal seems to be the benchmark for a "haul", yet didn't include any future stars, veteran stars, or high draft picks in return. A return of Bledsoe, Warren, and the miami picks trumps the knicks package for melo, in my opinion.
AUTOADVERT
TLover
Member: #381
USA
7/28/2017  9:32 AM
Josh Jackson is Lebron James lite .. so it's a no brainer for the Cavs to take make that deal.
From reading the Suns fans perspective, they are not keen on giving up on their young assets, especially Josh Jackson.

The key to a Kyrie deal for the Knicks is Frank Ntilikina & a top 5 protected first rounder.
Adding anyone except KP, Willy or Hardaway (can't trade anyway). If another team can beat that, so be it and we move on.

I do think if we include another protected 1st rounder we can close the deal.

Do not see the Suns trading Jackson.

If Boston offers Isiah Thomas & Jaylon Brown Cavs would have to consider it. If Celtics include the Brooklyn pick then definitely Cavs jump on that. Just can't see a deal going down between those 2 teams though.

I do think the Knicks might have the best shot of getting him but if we don't it's not devasting and we continue on with our youngsters.

If we do get him then we'll need a stud defensive player at small forward which could be
Courtney Lee's role.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/28/2017  9:39 AM
i wouldn't trade frank for kyrie straight up 1-1. not kidding. screw kyrie. he's not scottie pippen. and he wouldn't compliment KP.
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/28/2017  9:51 AM
I am glad to hear Kyrie is expressing strong interest in Knicks. Any other suitors are going to have to consider they may be giving up a lot for a 2 year rental

Would be nice to see some of the better quasi-local product want to return to NYC and do us proud (even though I've lived in Boston for 35years). I know Melo wanted to do that but he couldn't seal the deal

After Kyrie we then need KAT

(5)(5)
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/28/2017  10:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2017  10:04 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:The damn thing woikks!!!!

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6927331

Phoenix would be giving up a lot to get Irving, who really isn't a huge upgrade over Bledsoe. He's an upgrade, but worth giving up Jackson? I don't know about that one.
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/28/2017  11:12 AM
The latest article fro WOJ says 6 teams have phoned for irving:

So far, these are among the teams who've made offers to the Cavaliers for Irving, league sources tell ESPN: The San Antonio Spurs, LA Clippers, Phoenix Suns, Minnesota Timberwolves, New York Knicks and Miami Heat. There were approximately 20 teams that inquired with Cleveland upon the news of Irving's trade request, league sources said, but far fewer have registered legitimate proposals. More loom in the shadows, and many interested simply don't have the assets to make a deal happen.

The Cavaliers want a package that resembles the 2011 Denver Nuggets-New York Knicks deal for Carmelo Anthony -- young players, win-now veterans and draft picks, league sources said.

http://www.espn.co.uk/nba/story/_/id/20177155/kyrie-irving-trade-talks-show-how-much-teams-including-cleveland-cavaliers-value-him

What better team to offer the Melo trade package, than the original team who bent over and offered it?! I pray we don't do this as we literally will have learnt nothing. However, here's what those teams can offer:

Spurs: Would need to send Lamarcus Aldridge ($21mil)- don't really see what else they can send, their picks will liekly be poor ones.

Clips: the trash they tried sending us for Melo- Rivers plus assorted crap. Very few picks they can trade (as we found out)

Suns: I think can offer the best mix of picks, young players plus a player that can help them win now (bledsoe).

Twolves: Pekovic (expiring and insured) and Wiggins. It would be odd to send him back to the Cavs

Knicks: Melo (doubt he agrees), likely some good picks, Frank, whatever

Heat: Dragic, Bam, Winslow, pick?

So looking at those, I'd say the best deals are: Suns, followed by Knicks, followed by Heat. I would also add that denver could do a good package if they're interested

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/28/2017  11:21 AM
Kyrie would stunt KPs growth. He would be DRose 2.0 in that he would only be looking to get his points up. We need a pass first PG that defends. Frank I believe is that PG.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/28/2017  11:21 AM
smackeddog wrote:The latest article fro WOJ says 6 teams have phoned for irving:

So far, these are among the teams who've made offers to the Cavaliers for Irving, league sources tell ESPN: The San Antonio Spurs, LA Clippers, Phoenix Suns, Minnesota Timberwolves, New York Knicks and Miami Heat. There were approximately 20 teams that inquired with Cleveland upon the news of Irving's trade request, league sources said, but far fewer have registered legitimate proposals. More loom in the shadows, and many interested simply don't have the assets to make a deal happen.

The Cavaliers want a package that resembles the 2011 Denver Nuggets-New York Knicks deal for Carmelo Anthony -- young players, win-now veterans and draft picks, league sources said.

http://www.espn.co.uk/nba/story/_/id/20177155/kyrie-irving-trade-talks-show-how-much-teams-including-cleveland-cavaliers-value-him

What better team to offer the Melo trade package, than the original team who bent over and offered it?! I pray we don't do this as we literally will have learnt nothing. However, here's what those teams can offer:

Spurs: Would need to send Lamarcus Aldridge ($21mil)- don't really see what else they can send, their picks will liekly be poor ones.

Clips: the trash they tried sending us for Melo- Rivers plus assorted crap. Very few picks they can trade (as we found out)

Suns: I think can offer the best mix of picks, young players plus a player that can help them win now (bledsoe).

Twolves: Pekovic (expiring and insured) and Wiggins. It would be odd to send him back to the Cavs

So looking at those, I'd say the best deals are: Suns, followed by Knicks, followed by Heat. I would also add that denver could do a good package if they're interested

The thing is though, the Cavs have no obligation to send Irving to just those five teams. They can trade him anywhere.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/28/2017  11:25 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Kyrie would stunt KPs growth. He would be DRose 2.0 in that he would only be looking to get his points up. We need a pass first PG that defends. Frank I believe is that PG.

KYRIE (with as many shots he took, and the fact that LBJ control the ball for the most part), avg more assist than any pg we have had since mark jackson

ES
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/28/2017  11:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2017  11:40 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Kyrie would stunt KPs growth. He would be DRose 2.0 in that he would only be looking to get his points up. We need a pass first PG that defends. Frank I believe is that PG.

KYRIE (with as many shots he took, and the fact that LBJ control the ball for the most part), avg more assist than any pg we have had since mark jackson

LOL - you're just making things up now. Lin, Marbury, Felton, Duhon just to name a few...at least look up the numbers before posting this junk.
smackeddog
7/28/2017  12:06 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:The latest article fro WOJ says 6 teams have phoned for irving:

The thing is though, the Cavs have no obligation to send Irving to just those five teams. They can trade him anywhere.

Those are the five teams that have made offers

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
7/28/2017  12:14 PM
I really really hope we don't make any trade for Irving. We cannot afford another gamble going the wrong way. We need to restock on assets before taking any kind of gamble.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/28/2017  12:57 PM
shinmen wrote:I really really hope we don't make any trade for Irving. We cannot afford another gamble going the wrong way. We need to restock on assets before taking any kind of gamble.

I agree - Melo and 1 protected 1st with maybe Lee is as far as I go.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/28/2017  1:25 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
shinmen wrote:I really really hope we don't make any trade for Irving. We cannot afford another gamble going the wrong way. We need to restock on assets before taking any kind of gamble.

I think it's melo 2 unprotected 1st and Lee if they want him for kyrie,shump,frye

Obiously Lee is a serious upgrade to shump , frye is what he is a one trick three point shooter who expires

Knicks get kyrie,a back up in shump to bridge the gap to Dotson, and frye who can be put in for three point shooting When needed.

KP,Noah,frye
Willy,KOQ,KUZ
Lance,kuz,shump
Thjr,shump,Dotson
Kyrie,frank,baker

Only thing is I hate shump as a player he's awful on offense and over rated on defense. I fully think baker beats him out for the back up 2

Regardless that's a contending team in the east lance is a beast on defense when healthy and most of opposing eastern conference teams best players are sf's and our best defender is a SF

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/28/2017  1:37 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:

It's gotta have indefinite top 12 or 15 protection.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/28/2017  1:43 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:

It's gotta have indefinite top 12 or 15 protection.

I'm definitely with you guys... Kyrie and KP is plain and simple not enough... Similarly, in order to win a championship history suggest that you really do need to have a great wing. Pursuing this route virtually guarantees that that will not happen

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
smackeddog
7/28/2017  3:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2017  3:10 PM
I'm relaxed about this because it ain't going to happen- melo won't agree to it because it would mean him either staying on a cavs team with no lebron or opting out of his last year and losing his bird rights.

Ironically, Melo will protect us from repeating the same mistake we made when we got him.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/28/2017  5:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2017  5:49 PM
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:The damn thing woikks!!!!

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6927331

Phoenix would be giving up a lot to get Irving, who really isn't a huge upgrade over Bledsoe. He's an upgrade, but worth giving up Jackson? I don't know about that one.

Agreed, but I saw at least one article saying they were willing to give up Bledsoe and JJ for Kyrie. Also Bledsoe is about as injury prone as Rose.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/28/2017  6:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:I'm relaxed about this because it ain't going to happen- melo won't agree to it because it would mean him either staying on a cavs team with no lebron or opting out of his last year and losing his bird rights.

Ironically, Melo will protect us from repeating the same mistake we made when we got him.

Nah don't do that. Memo ain't doing us any favors.... him only wanting to go to Houston and they expecting us to take back Ryan Anderson or Harkless and company is worse than the trade we did to get Melo.... Giving up old Melo and a draft pick for 25 year old Kyrie is the better deal for us.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
smackeddog
7/29/2017  3:12 AM
EnySpree wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I'm relaxed about this because it ain't going to happen- melo won't agree to it because it would mean him either staying on a cavs team with no lebron or opting out of his last year and losing his bird rights.

Nah don't do that. Memo ain't doing us any favors.... him only wanting to go to Houston and they expecting us to take back Ryan Anderson or Harkless and company is worse than the trade we did to get Melo.... Giving up old Melo and a draft pick for 25 year old Kyrie is the better deal for us.

It wouldn't be old Melo and a draft pick though- it would be old melo, Frank and probably 2 first round draft picks or at least one and a swap (which is almost as bad, as the Eddy Curry trade showed)

Hold up! Kyrie just requested a trade!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy