[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hold up! Kyrie just requested a trade!!!
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/24/2017  7:18 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:In 2015-16 and 2014-15 kyrie had a pass frequency of 24% and 23.8% to Kevin Love. However the numbers did drop to
17.9% in the most recent season but LBJ witnessed a near six percent increase in passes recurved from Kyrie. Derrick rose in comparison had a 17.6 pass frequency to KP. Without Melo, I think kyrie gets the ball to KP more.

And I'm sure Kyrie would be passing the ball more to Love if LeBron wasn't on the court. I don't think KP would have a problem playing with Kyrie. I think he'd be impressed with how much more efficient Kyrie is and he'd wonder why he ever liked playing with Melo. And I definitely think the team would win more than it's been wining. I still don't want to overpay for Kyrie though.

What classifies as overpay to you?

The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/24/2017  8:03 AM
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:In 2015-16 and 2014-15 kyrie had a pass frequency of 24% and 23.8% to Kevin Love. However the numbers did drop to
17.9% in the most recent season but LBJ witnessed a near six percent increase in passes recurved from Kyrie. Derrick rose in comparison had a 17.6 pass frequency to KP. Without Melo, I think kyrie gets the ball to KP more.

And I'm sure Kyrie would be passing the ball more to Love if LeBron wasn't on the court. I don't think KP would have a problem playing with Kyrie. I think he'd be impressed with how much more efficient Kyrie is and he'd wonder why he ever liked playing with Melo. And I definitely think the team would win more than it's been wining. I still don't want to overpay for Kyrie though.

Probably the amount he'd actually cost. He's soon going to get the super max most likely. So I can't justify giving up lottery picks for him. I'd give up Melo and a top 12 protected pick. That's about it. They can get better offers. If we do pay more for him, I'll still be excited to see the team though.

Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

7/24/2017  8:07 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Probably the amount he'd actually cost. He's soon going to get the super max most likely. So I can't justify giving up lottery picks for him. I'd give up Melo and a top 12 protected pick. That's about it. They can get better offers. If we do pay more for him, I'll still be excited to see the team though.

Thats the problem if this was a year later a low ball offer might work but with 2 more years on his contract Kyrie wont come cheap
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/24/2017  8:57 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

so if you dont overpay your just another sub tier NBA team that doesnt have talent at the level Kyrie
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
USA
7/24/2017  9:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2017  9:24 AM
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

so if you dont overpay your just another sub tier NBA team that doesnt have talent at the level Kyrie

Talent at the wrong price is no good. No team with Kyrie as its best player is going anywhere special. I'm not implying that things will be great if we don't overpay for guys like Kyrie. It depends on how intelligent the rebuilding is. $40 mil a year on Kyrie basically locks you into mediocrity or at least makes it a lot harder to have an elite team. (I expect he will get the supermax soon.) It also makes it a lot harder to have a terrible team since Kyrie is productive. Do we just want a fun, decent product? Kyrie would definitely help and I can understand that thinking. DJ seems to have a lot of fun watching the Raptors! It would be fun to watch Kyrie next year. Do we want to have an elite team? Kyrie is not good enough to be the best player on an elite team. We can't pay him like he is. Using 40% of the cap on him is too limiting, especially if we don't have productive lottery picks compensating for his high salary. (People are talking about giving up at least 1 lottery pick.) Now, if they can get him at a decent price, it gives us good options since we wouldn't have to re-sign him for the supermax, though I suspect we would end up doing that.
fishmike
USA
7/24/2017  9:27 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Talent at the wrong price is no good. No team with Kyrie as its best player is going anywhere special. I'm not implying that things will be great if we don't overpay for guys like Kyrie. It depends on how intelligent the rebuilding is. $40 mil a year on Kyrie basically locks you into mediocrity or at least makes it a lot harder to have an elite team. (I expect he will get the supermax soon.) It also makes it a lot harder to have a terrible team since Kyrie is productive. Do we just want a fun, decent product? Kyrie would definitely help and I can understand that thinking. DJ seems to have a lot of fun watching the Raptors! It would be fun to watch Kyrie next year. Do we want to have an elite team? Kyrie is not good enough to be the best player on an elite team. We can't pay him like he is. Using 40% of the cap on him is too limiting, especially if we don't have productive lottery picks compensating for his high salary. (People are talking about giving up at least 1 lottery pick.) Now, if they can get him at a decent price, it gives us good options since we wouldn't have to re-sign him for the supermax, though I suspect we would end up doing that.
So basically its wait until you draft a Lebron caliber player, one you know will be the best player in the NBA and only then when you are also certain your able to build a cast around him would you pay the max. Got it.
Bonn1997
USA
7/24/2017  9:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2017  9:38 AM
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

So basically its wait until you draft a Lebron caliber player, one you know will be the best player in the NBA and only then when you are also certain your able to build a cast around him would you pay the max. Got it.

I don't think that rebuilding with a focus on the draft and trades/FA signings at the right price means waiting for LeBron. Most of the recent championship teams have gotten their core through the draft and productive/efficient use of FA money and trade assets. Did the Warriors, Spurs, and Mavericks all wait for LeBron? I guess they're still waiting.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/24/2017  9:39 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

The hope would be Porzingis developing into the #1 guy and Kyrie being #2 for this core to lead a team to contender status.

Bonn1997
USA
7/24/2017  9:56 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

The hope would be Porzingis developing into the #1 guy and Kyrie being #2 for this core to lead a team to contender status.

If KP becomes a legit superstar, we'll have many great options. We won't have to give up lottery picks and $40 mil a season on Irving.
fishmike
USA
7/24/2017  9:59 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

If KP becomes a legit superstar, we'll have many great options. We won't have to give up lottery picks and $40 mil a season on Irving.
We wont? How would we get one to pair with KP?
Bonn1997
USA
7/24/2017  10:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2017  10:19 AM
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

We wont? How would we get one to pair with KP?

Draft picks, trades, smart FA signings. I suspect we have quite different views of Irving, though. I see him as a scoring specialist, marginal all-star, top 30 or so player in the league. A good fun player but not something we have to go all in for. If KP is a legit superstar (at the level of Dirk), there's a good chance top players will want to play with him. It's a gamble. I'm not taking out a crystal ball and saying I'm certain all-stars will want to play with him or our draft picks will definitely pan out but I think it's a better gamble than paying Kyrie like he's a top 5 player.
TPercy
Member: #5748

7/24/2017  11:02 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Shouldn't it also be kept in mind that since Kyrie has just 25 and as such he is only going to get better? Who is to say that he won't be a player worthy of a super max at the end of his 3 year tenure, especially after playing with arguably the greatest player to ever touch a basketball?

The Future is Bright!
Bonn1997
USA
7/24/2017  11:08 AM
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Shouldn't it also be kept in mind that since Kyrie has just 25 and as such he is only going to get better? Who is to say that he won't be a player worthy of a super max at the end of his 3 year tenure, especially after playing with arguably the greatest player to ever touch a basketball?

Statistically, there's not a lot of improving most players do after age 25 though there certainly are exceptions. Irving hasn't really improved that much in his first 6 years. His scoring volume and turnover rate are a bit better. That's about it. So, I wouldn't trade for him with the expectation that he'll become a new, better player.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/24/2017  7:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:If we end up with

Hernangomez
Porzingis
Hardaway
Ntilikina
Irving

And the cost is one future first rounder, I am fine with that.
Why? Because unlikely we draft a player as good as Irving in 2018 or 19.

If Porzingis is better next year and there is no drama, there is teamwork, that team could win between 35 and 40 games, make the lower playoff seeded bracket.

How many shots do Hardaway and Irving take combined? KP blew an exit interview because he wasn't being involved in the offense. If you want to guarantee KP leaving them fine, go get that team.

KP blew the exit interview because of the chaotic, unprofessional way the tam was being run. He wants to win. I think he would love playing with Kyrie. My concerns about acquiring Kyrie are that he is a candidate for the super max in (2)? Years, and also what the Knicks would give up. I like the idea of keeping and accumulating picks, allowing the core to grow together, and building the team around KP. I think a Kyrie trade means Willy and/or Frank and some picks are sent out. Kyrie is probably worth it but these things don't work out for the Knicks.

Keep pushing your Phil hate because it's kinda funny

Did he love playing with Rose? And Kyrie is going to be different because "you think" he will love playing with him. Got it.

Yes "team sources" and ESPN.

I didn't see any meloshouldgo sources but please share them if they exist.

You could have just read what he actually says about the team himself, instead of the conjecture by the media and their team sources that fit your agenda. But that would be too easy.

“I feel that it is the best place to win. And if you win in New York, you are king. For the last two years, I have had so many positive emotions here that this is where I want to stay and that this is where I want to win.”

Having said that, there's zero evidence you can read.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/24/2017  8:24 PM
The derrick Rose signing will help facilitate a trade. With Rose there the Cavs will feel more comfortable about trading Irving. A team of Rose, smith, Melo, Lebron, and Love would be pretty tough on offense. Offer Melo, Frank and a lottery protected first round pick for Irving.
Trust the Process
TLover
Member: #381
USA
7/24/2017  9:49 PM
Agree the offer of Melo, Frank & a protected #1 is fair.
The key is to hold firm.. not start foaming at the mouth like Dolan did when trading for Melo.
We get him for what is a fair offer or we move on. I'm okay with top 5 protection.

Really depends on how much our scouts (and Cavs scouts) like Frank.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/24/2017  10:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2017  10:03 PM
TLover wrote:Agree the offer of Melo, Frank & a protected #1 is fair.
The key is to hold firm.. not start foaming at the mouth like Dolan did when trading for Melo.

All this years later, people are still whistful about including mosgoz.

Who'd a thunk it?

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

7/24/2017  10:18 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

All this years later, people are still whistful about including mosgoz.

Who'd a thunk it?

Mozzy yielded 2 picks from the Cavs...

MrScarface
Member: #7540

7/24/2017  10:21 PM
We get him for what is a fair offer or we move on. I'm okay with top 5 protection.

I think y'all are missing the point. Melo is saying "Houston or Bust". He is not going to OKC, Portland, or Cleveland.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/24/2017  10:26 PM
MrScarface wrote:

I think y'all are missing the point. Melo is saying "Houston or Bust". He is not going to OKC, Portland, or Cleveland.

Every report said Cavs were also in play. Did he unwaive his NTC for Cleveland suddenly? I would call his bluff. He needs to give us more teams to work with.

Hold up! Kyrie just requested a trade!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy