[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
fishmike
Posts: 47706
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
7/31/2017  3:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think there has been to much noise to effectively govern the US. I think we can use the next 6-12 months to evaluate the job performance with more data.

I think a stronger base is now in place around the President and we will see a much more effective end product.

Yea.. its the noise. It must be the noise
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Posts: 47706
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
7/31/2017  3:38 PM
smackeddog wrote:
gr33d wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
fishmike wrote:Scaramucci is out! The clownshow carries on....

so much winning. at this point, anyone that supports him is doing it out of spite or...really likes white people alot...the other folks...not so much.

Lets make everything racially charged why don't we...

Voting and supporting trump is a racially charged act

thats not fair. I mean what if your not racist at all? What if you just hate the environment? Or women? Or poor people? You should be allowed to vote Trump then and not be called racist.
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
martin
Posts: 46313
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
7/31/2017  3:40 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think there has been to much noise to effectively govern the US. I think we can use the next 6-12 months to evaluate the job performance with more data.

I think a stronger base is now in place around the President and we will see a much more effective end product.

yeah, imagine if there were a huge financial crisis on our hands that the gov't had to deal with.

That's called deflection.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
djsunyc
Posts: 44547
Alba Posts: 42
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #536
7/31/2017  3:53 PM
gr33d wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
fishmike wrote:Scaramucci is out! The clownshow carries on....

so much winning. at this point, anyone that supports him is doing it out of spite or...really likes white people alot...the other folks...not so much.

Lets make everything racially charged why don't we...

not everything is racially charge but voting this president in? mos def...

Gudris
Posts: 20584
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

7/31/2017  4:01 PM
Trump wants to be Dictator, he applies all the russian methods in American minds, it is very effective, but you dont know that because you never saw it before, i lived in Communist country next to russia and i know hot it works very well, you guys must be really careful with trump.
nixluva
Posts: 55256
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
7/31/2017  5:59 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think there has been to much noise to effectively govern the US. I think we can use the next 6-12 months to evaluate the job performance with more data.

I think a stronger base is now in place around the President and we will see a much more effective end product.

yeah, imagine if there were a huge financial crisis on our hands that the gov't had to deal with.

That's called deflection.


Trump came into Office on 3rd base and no outs and he still tripped on the way to Home Plate!!! There are NO EXCUSES for such incompetence. I watched him take FULL credit for the Economy and Wall Street and yet blamed Obama for the World state of affairs he's been dealing with for those same 6 Months. You can't cherry pick what you want to take responsibility for.

The world is a messy place and you can't account for changing events. Still Trump's Foreign Policy has also been a disaster. Going around the world and embarrassing the Country. Tweeting irresponsible statements and not realizing the repercussions. Not to mention all his White House Shake Ups and Turmoil. As i've said over and over those who voted for Trump simply didn't respect how hard the job really was. You can't just put some JAG in their and think they can handle the job. Trump being UNFIT doesn't even begin to describe how bad he is.

wargames
Posts: 21056
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/27/2015
Member: #6053

7/31/2017  8:47 PM
As a knicks fan I recognize in a lot of these Trump supporter post the out of touch deflections and baseless hopes without proof that we all display for the Knicks.

Trump is the James Dolan of Presidents and we all just should thank God there are term limits.

wargames
Posts: 21056
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/27/2015
Member: #6053

7/31/2017  8:49 PM
Gudris wrote:Trump wants to be Dictator, he applies all the russian methods in American minds, it is very effective, but you dont know that because you never saw it before, i lived in Communist country next to russia and i know hot it works very well, you guys must be really careful with trump.

I feel like he would be more effective if it wasn't such a known secret he is in bed with Russia. Like a more discreet Trump would of done a lot more damage and maybe could of got the ACA repeal he wanted

meloshouldgo
Posts: 23985
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

7/31/2017  9:54 PM
The #Mooch had scared the White House forever
10 Days!!! What took so long?
The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
djsunyc
Posts: 44547
Alba Posts: 42
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #536
7/31/2017  10:08 PM
wargames wrote:
Gudris wrote:Trump wants to be Dictator, he applies all the russian methods in American minds, it is very effective, but you dont know that because you never saw it before, i lived in Communist country next to russia and i know hot it works very well, you guys must be really careful with trump.

I feel like he would be more effective if it wasn't such a known secret he is in bed with Russia. Like a more discreet Trump would of done a lot more damage and maybe could of got the ACA repeal he wanted

a more discreet trump would not have won the election.

blkexec
Posts: 24146
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
8/1/2017  12:20 AM
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think there has been to much noise to effectively govern the US. I think we can use the next 6-12 months to evaluate the job performance with more data.

I think a stronger base is now in place around the President and we will see a much more effective end product.

yeah, imagine if there were a huge financial crisis on our hands that the gov't had to deal with.

That's called deflection.


Trump came into Office on 3rd base and no outs and he still tripped on the way to Home Plate!!! There are NO EXCUSES for such incompetence. I watched him take FULL credit for the Economy and Wall Street and yet blamed Obama for the World state of affairs he's been dealing with for those same 6 Months. You can't cherry pick what you want to take responsibility for.

The world is a messy place and you can't account for changing events. Still Trump's Foreign Policy has also been a disaster. Going around the world and embarrassing the Country. Tweeting irresponsible statements and not realizing the repercussions. Not to mention all his White House Shake Ups and Turmoil. As i've said over and over those who voted for Trump simply didn't respect how hard the job really was. You can't just put some JAG in their and think they can handle the job. Trump being UNFIT doesn't even begin to describe how bad he is.

Did you hear Trump telling the cops (in Long Island) it's ok to rough up the thugs thats part of MS13......And a Tweet from Freddie Gray parrents asking if the police will rough up Trump when they put him in the patty wagon. But whats worst is the police had a loud ovation to that comment. What a joke. He's basically reversing everything this country had accomplished and going against peoples rights, which is innocent before proven guilty. Now he's telling cops, whoever you arrest who looks like thugs, should be treating as guilty before you even seeing a judge? Are you serious? Is he mentally crazy? This is like a bad dream you can't wake up from.

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
fishmike
Posts: 47706
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
8/1/2017  9:09 AM
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think there has been to much noise to effectively govern the US. I think we can use the next 6-12 months to evaluate the job performance with more data.

I think a stronger base is now in place around the President and we will see a much more effective end product.

yeah, imagine if there were a huge financial crisis on our hands that the gov't had to deal with.

That's called deflection.


Trump came into Office on 3rd base and no outs and he still tripped on the way to Home Plate!!! There are NO EXCUSES for such incompetence. I watched him take FULL credit for the Economy and Wall Street and yet blamed Obama for the World state of affairs he's been dealing with for those same 6 Months. You can't cherry pick what you want to take responsibility for.

The world is a messy place and you can't account for changing events. Still Trump's Foreign Policy has also been a disaster. Going around the world and embarrassing the Country. Tweeting irresponsible statements and not realizing the repercussions. Not to mention all his White House Shake Ups and Turmoil. As i've said over and over those who voted for Trump simply didn't respect how hard the job really was. You can't just put some JAG in their and think they can handle the job. Trump being UNFIT doesn't even begin to describe how bad he is.

Did you hear Trump telling the cops (in Long Island) it's ok to rough up the thugs thats part of MS13......And a Tweet from Freddie Gray parrents asking if the police will rough up Trump when they put him in the patty wagon. But whats worst is the police had a loud ovation to that comment. What a joke. He's basically reversing everything this country had accomplished and going against peoples rights, which is innocent before proven guilty. Now he's telling cops, whoever you arrest who looks like thugs, should be treating as guilty before you even seeing a judge? Are you serious? Is he mentally crazy? This is like a bad dream you can't wake up from.

If you look at the big picture its a nightmare. If you look at granular stuff its 10x worse. Leader of the free world cant stop trolling people on twitter. Tells you everything you need to know.
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
Welpee
Posts: 21617
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

8/1/2017  9:21 AM
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think there has been to much noise to effectively govern the US. I think we can use the next 6-12 months to evaluate the job performance with more data.

I think a stronger base is now in place around the President and we will see a much more effective end product.

yeah, imagine if there were a huge financial crisis on our hands that the gov't had to deal with.

That's called deflection.


Trump came into Office on 3rd base and no outs and he still tripped on the way to Home Plate!!! There are NO EXCUSES for such incompetence. I watched him take FULL credit for the Economy and Wall Street and yet blamed Obama for the World state of affairs he's been dealing with for those same 6 Months. You can't cherry pick what you want to take responsibility for.

The world is a messy place and you can't account for changing events. Still Trump's Foreign Policy has also been a disaster. Going around the world and embarrassing the Country. Tweeting irresponsible statements and not realizing the repercussions. Not to mention all his White House Shake Ups and Turmoil. As i've said over and over those who voted for Trump simply didn't respect how hard the job really was. You can't just put some JAG in their and think they can handle the job. Trump being UNFIT doesn't even begin to describe how bad he is.

Did you hear Trump telling the cops (in Long Island) it's ok to rough up the thugs thats part of MS13......And a Tweet from Freddie Gray parrents asking if the police will rough up Trump when they put him in the patty wagon. But whats worst is the police had a loud ovation to that comment. What a joke. He's basically reversing everything this country had accomplished and going against peoples rights, which is innocent before proven guilty. Now he's telling cops, whoever you arrest who looks like thugs, should be treating as guilty before you even seeing a judge? Are you serious? Is he mentally crazy? This is like a bad dream you can't wake up from.

Trump has a history of this. Just look at his involvement in the Central Park Five case. Trump thinks if a crime is committed and the authorities think you did it, that's all the proof he needs...except when it involves his own business dealings.
Rookie
Posts: 23509
Alba Posts: 28
Joined: 10/15/2008
Member: #2274

8/1/2017  10:13 AM
Trump + Korea is getting scarey. Hope he can keep it in his pants for 3+1/2 more years until the next election.
Rookie
Posts: 23509
Alba Posts: 28
Joined: 10/15/2008
Member: #2274

8/1/2017  10:22 AM
In answer to the Op's thread title. I couldn't stomach voting for either presidential candidate but I tried to remain causiously optomistic on Trump. Now, I just hope we can survive his presidency
Welpee
Posts: 21617
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

8/1/2017  11:24 AM
Rookie wrote:In answer to the Op's thread title. I couldn't stomach voting for either presidential candidate but I tried to remain causiously optomistic on Trump. Now, I just hope we can survive his presidency
My questions would be optimistic based on what? What qualities did Trump display in his past that indicated he could be a good president? The honest answer for most folks is they voted for him because he wasn't Hillary.
Rookie
Posts: 23509
Alba Posts: 28
Joined: 10/15/2008
Member: #2274

8/1/2017  12:02 PM
Welpee wrote:
Rookie wrote:In answer to the Op's thread title. I couldn't stomach voting for either presidential candidate but I tried to remain causiously optomistic on Trump. Now, I just hope we can survive his presidency
My questions would be optimistic based on what? What qualities did Trump display in his past that indicated he could be a good president? The honest answer for most folks is they voted for him because he wasn't Hillary.

why do you feel qualified to answer honestly for most folks. Classic overeach here thinking your own opinion is the only one that is correct.

Both candidates suffered from lack of charector. I won't elaborate since you can answer that yourself if you care to even try and be open mided. Trump is easily the dumbest guy in the room. Bush II atleast had moral values and depended on those around him to advise, even if he chose poorly occasionally on whom to listen to. He atleast always meant well even though he was poorly suited for the job.

Trump is still Trump and has more of a wall street morality. I guess my hope was that he could grow into the job but he won't ever shut up long enough to listen and learn from those around him who are smarter, better educated in the world and more experienced. This guy truly has serious issues.

There really is no point in discussing Hillary since she is not President and never will be. The old guard of the DNC will over time be ousted and replaced with new younger, highly educated and more progressive young people. Lets just hope we all survive long enough to seee it happen.

Welpee
Posts: 21617
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

8/1/2017  3:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/1/2017  3:57 PM
Rookie wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Rookie wrote:In answer to the Op's thread title. I couldn't stomach voting for either presidential candidate but I tried to remain causiously optomistic on Trump. Now, I just hope we can survive his presidency
My questions would be optimistic based on what? What qualities did Trump display in his past that indicated he could be a good president? The honest answer for most folks is they voted for him because he wasn't Hillary.

why do you feel qualified to answer honestly for most folks. Classic overeach here thinking your own opinion is the only one that is correct.

Both candidates suffered from lack of charector. I won't elaborate since you can answer that yourself if you care to even try and be open mided. Trump is easily the dumbest guy in the room. Bush II atleast had moral values and depended on those around him to advise, even if he chose poorly occasionally on whom to listen to. He atleast always meant well even though he was poorly suited for the job.

Trump is still Trump and has more of a wall street morality. I guess my hope was that he could grow into the job but he won't ever shut up long enough to listen and learn from those around him who are smarter, better educated in the world and more experienced. This guy truly has serious issues.

There really is no point in discussing Hillary since she is not President and never will be. The old guard of the DNC will over time be ousted and replaced with new younger, highly educated and more progressive young people. Lets just hope we all survive long enough to seee it happen.

I just don't understand the basis for "optimism?"

If someone said they thought both Hillary and Trump would be horrible but they thought Trump would be the less horrible of the two, whether I agree or not I could at least understand the rationale. But anybody who says they were "optimistic" that Trump wasn't going to be a train wreck, I'm still waiting for a rational explanation to justify that thought process. You can accuse me of not being "open minded" but I think that's just a camouflage to deflect not having a reasonable answer to the question.

To bring this back to sports, it's like expecting Charles Oakley in the latter stages of his career to begin playing like Charles Barkley. He couldn't do it when he was young, suddenly he's gonna do it when he's old? Trump just continued to do what he's has done best throughout his whole life, conning people. I'm not sure if you're a New Yorker, but if there's any group of people who shouldn't have fallen for the con it's a New Yorker. We know Trump better and for longer than anybody in the world.

Rookie
Posts: 23509
Alba Posts: 28
Joined: 10/15/2008
Member: #2274

8/1/2017  5:17 PM
Welpee wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Rookie wrote:In answer to the Op's thread title. I couldn't stomach voting for either presidential candidate but I tried to remain causiously optomistic on Trump. Now, I just hope we can survive his presidency
My questions would be optimistic based on what? What qualities did Trump display in his past that indicated he could be a good president? The honest answer for most folks is they voted for him because he wasn't Hillary.

why do you feel qualified to answer honestly for most folks. Classic overeach here thinking your own opinion is the only one that is correct.

Both candidates suffered from lack of charector. I won't elaborate since you can answer that yourself if you care to even try and be open mided. Trump is easily the dumbest guy in the room. Bush II atleast had moral values and depended on those around him to advise, even if he chose poorly occasionally on whom to listen to. He atleast always meant well even though he was poorly suited for the job.

Trump is still Trump and has more of a wall street morality. I guess my hope was that he could grow into the job but he won't ever shut up long enough to listen and learn from those around him who are smarter, better educated in the world and more experienced. This guy truly has serious issues.

There really is no point in discussing Hillary since she is not President and never will be. The old guard of the DNC will over time be ousted and replaced with new younger, highly educated and more progressive young people. Lets just hope we all survive long enough to seee it happen.

I just don't understand the basis for "optimism?"

If someone said they thought both Hillary and Trump would be horrible but they thought Trump would be the less horrible of the two, whether I agree or not I could at least understand the rationale. But anybody who says they were "optimistic" that Trump wasn't going to be a train wreck, I'm still waiting for a rational explanation to justify that thought process. You can accuse me of not being "open minded" but I think that's just a camouflage to deflect not having a reasonable answer to the question.

To bring this back to sports, it's like expecting Charles Oakley in the latter stages of his career to begin playing like Charles Barkley. He couldn't do it when he was young, suddenly he's gonna do it when he's old? Trump just continued to do what he's has done best throughout his whole life, conning people. I'm not sure if you're a New Yorker, but if there's any group of people who shouldn't have fallen for the con it's a New Yorker. We know Trump better and for longer than anybody in the world.

What are you basing your knowledge of Trump on, page 6 of the post or personal experience from direct dealings? Also, how do you know Hillary? Answer me that mr new yalkah.

Welpee
Posts: 21617
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

8/1/2017  5:55 PM
Rookie wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Rookie wrote:In answer to the Op's thread title. I couldn't stomach voting for either presidential candidate but I tried to remain causiously optomistic on Trump. Now, I just hope we can survive his presidency
My questions would be optimistic based on what? What qualities did Trump display in his past that indicated he could be a good president? The honest answer for most folks is they voted for him because he wasn't Hillary.

why do you feel qualified to answer honestly for most folks. Classic overeach here thinking your own opinion is the only one that is correct.

Both candidates suffered from lack of charector. I won't elaborate since you can answer that yourself if you care to even try and be open mided. Trump is easily the dumbest guy in the room. Bush II atleast had moral values and depended on those around him to advise, even if he chose poorly occasionally on whom to listen to. He atleast always meant well even though he was poorly suited for the job.

Trump is still Trump and has more of a wall street morality. I guess my hope was that he could grow into the job but he won't ever shut up long enough to listen and learn from those around him who are smarter, better educated in the world and more experienced. This guy truly has serious issues.

There really is no point in discussing Hillary since she is not President and never will be. The old guard of the DNC will over time be ousted and replaced with new younger, highly educated and more progressive young people. Lets just hope we all survive long enough to seee it happen.

I just don't understand the basis for "optimism?"

If someone said they thought both Hillary and Trump would be horrible but they thought Trump would be the less horrible of the two, whether I agree or not I could at least understand the rationale. But anybody who says they were "optimistic" that Trump wasn't going to be a train wreck, I'm still waiting for a rational explanation to justify that thought process. You can accuse me of not being "open minded" but I think that's just a camouflage to deflect not having a reasonable answer to the question.

To bring this back to sports, it's like expecting Charles Oakley in the latter stages of his career to begin playing like Charles Barkley. He couldn't do it when he was young, suddenly he's gonna do it when he's old? Trump just continued to do what he's has done best throughout his whole life, conning people. I'm not sure if you're a New Yorker, but if there's any group of people who shouldn't have fallen for the con it's a New Yorker. We know Trump better and for longer than anybody in the world.

What are you basing your knowledge of Trump on, page 6 of the post or personal experience from direct dealings? Also, how do you know Hillary? Answer me that mr new yalkah.

Maybe we can get to follow up questions if you would answer my initial question. What did Trump ever do prior to running for president that would make someone optimistic he would be an effective president and grow into the position? It's totally fine to admit blind optimism. I would just love to hear something tangible.
Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.