[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
izybx
Posts: 22354
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/16/2006
Member: #1178
USA
10/23/2017  2:34 AM
Nixluva so what's your point, that some guy we never heard of before, who may or may not a actual person, made an offensive comment about someone else we never met before? Honestly who cares!
Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Posts: 24619
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

10/23/2017  6:51 AM
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:@nixluva
The problem is the constant pushing of those Dog Whistles leads to more Divisive and Bigoted attitudes. After decades of that subliminal White Supremacy tripe they’ve created a group think that is actually THE REAL reason for TRUMP!!!

These bigoted people have been here since the signing of the Decleration. The Republican Party didn't create any more divisive and bigoted attitudes with this Southern Strategy and the stats show that the strategy that the RNC official did wasn't effective nor was it exlusive to the Republican Party. To say that the Republican Party created a new group of people literrarly decades after the Civil RIghts Act assumes that they're more racist attitudes now than there were back then which would be categorically false.

This charged PC culture isn't a myth. For Christ sakes Maxine Walters and Wilson accused Kelly of racism for the term "empty barrel". I was very pissed off at this and on the brink of embarrasement after hearing that. To hear those words from an of age black woman is scary to me because it really takes away from what actual racism is.

You are perhaps missing the points being made. The fact is a steady diet of Racist and Bigoted views plays on the inherent biases and tribalism that is out there RATHER than helping those people to understand the folly of that kind of thinking.

On the other side is a larger group of DIVERSE people who aren’t trying to make themselves feel better by DEGRADING minority groups.

I’m really amazed that you seem to think Maxine Waters and Frederica Wilson are in the wrong for taking offense to what Kelly said. Doesn’t matter if Empty Barrell is a Racial Slur or not. If someone is yelling at you in a foreign language and sneering in disgust. You know what they MEAN and how they feel about you without speaking their language.

Kelly was Wrong! Period. He trashed Rep. Wilson and should’ve apologized. PERIOD! Also I’m shocked that you would think Rep. Waters and Rep. Wilson wouldn’t know EXACTLY what real racism is. Come on Bruh. They’ve lived it.

I'm not saying that Wilson shouldn't have taken offense. She was right to call the kelly out for the lie. But it is one thing to accuse someone of being a liar and another thing to accuse someone of being racist and then subsequently charging the White House with being white supremacists when you have zero evidence of such. It's a major overplay of the race card and this is exactly what people like Trump feed off of.

The Future is Bright!
meloshouldgo
Posts: 23949
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

10/23/2017  7:15 AM
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:@nixluva
The problem is the constant pushing of those Dog Whistles leads to more Divisive and Bigoted attitudes. After decades of that subliminal White Supremacy tripe they’ve created a group think that is actually THE REAL reason for TRUMP!!!

These bigoted people have been here since the signing of the Decleration. The Republican Party didn't create any more divisive and bigoted attitudes with this Southern Strategy and the stats show that the strategy that the RNC official did wasn't effective nor was it exlusive to the Republican Party. To say that the Republican Party created a new group of people literrarly decades after the Civil RIghts Act assumes that they're more racist attitudes now than there were back then which would be categorically false.

This charged PC culture isn't a myth. For Christ sakes Maxine Walters and Wilson accused Kelly of racism for the term "empty barrel". I was very pissed off at this and on the brink of embarrasement after hearing that. To hear those words from an of age black woman is scary to me because it really takes away from what actual racism is.

You are perhaps missing the points being made. The fact is a steady diet of Racist and Bigoted views plays on the inherent biases and tribalism that is out there RATHER than helping those people to understand the folly of that kind of thinking.

On the other side is a larger group of DIVERSE people who aren’t trying to make themselves feel better by DEGRADING minority groups.

I’m really amazed that you seem to think Maxine Waters and Frederica Wilson are in the wrong for taking offense to what Kelly said. Doesn’t matter if Empty Barrell is a Racial Slur or not. If someone is yelling at you in a foreign language and sneering in disgust. You know what they MEAN and how they feel about you without speaking their language.

Kelly was Wrong! Period. He trashed Rep. Wilson and should’ve apologized. PERIOD! Also I’m shocked that you would think Rep. Waters and Rep. Wilson wouldn’t know EXACTLY what real racism is. Come on Bruh. They’ve lived it.

I'm not saying that Wilson shouldn't have taken offense. She was right to call the kelly out for the lie. But it is one thing to accuse someone of being a liar and another thing to accuse someone of being racist and then subsequently charging the White House with being white supremacists when you have zero evidence of such. It's a major overplay of the race card and this is exactly what people like Trump feed off of.

Nixluva - I think the point is not that the GOP has not stood for racism or bigotry, but that if you bring up those terms every time one of its ranking members open their mouth, then two things happen
A. The actual decent people who still vote republican for whatever reason, get desensitized to it
B. The actual racists and bigots are able to garner even more support for their cause by converting more people to their POV

If instead of going on a rant about racism and bigotry everytime Trump, Bush and/or Raegan sneezes the Dems put the effort into formulating a strategy and the discipline into sticking to it, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

You can't change who Trump is by ridiculing him and calling him out, but you lose the opportunity to positively impact the few people on the right that still look at tbis objectively, every time you go on a rant.

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
nixluva
Posts: 55247
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/23/2017  1:32 PM
izybx wrote:Nixluva so what's your point, that some guy we never heard of before, who may or may not a actual person, made an offensive comment about someone else we never met before? Honestly who cares!

Do I have to go grab the MANY nasty and racist Tweets and Facebook posts to make it clear just how many people out there have horribly racist views? Of course it’s not about one individual.

The story of America is stained by the refusal of White Americans to recognize how widespread White Supremacists are among them. It’s been that way since day one. Good people not standing up to the bigots among them and doing all they can to eradicate those racist views from their communities.

nixluva
Posts: 55247
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/23/2017  1:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2017  12:01 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:@nixluva
The problem is the constant pushing of those Dog Whistles leads to more Divisive and Bigoted attitudes. After decades of that subliminal White Supremacy tripe they’ve created a group think that is actually THE REAL reason for TRUMP!!!

These bigoted people have been here since the signing of the Decleration. The Republican Party didn't create any more divisive and bigoted attitudes with this Southern Strategy and the stats show that the strategy that the RNC official did wasn't effective nor was it exlusive to the Republican Party. To say that the Republican Party created a new group of people literrarly decades after the Civil RIghts Act assumes that they're more racist attitudes now than there were back then which would be categorically false.

This charged PC culture isn't a myth. For Christ sakes Maxine Walters and Wilson accused Kelly of racism for the term "empty barrel". I was very pissed off at this and on the brink of embarrasement after hearing that. To hear those words from an of age black woman is scary to me because it really takes away from what actual racism is.

You are perhaps missing the points being made. The fact is a steady diet of Racist and Bigoted views plays on the inherent biases and tribalism that is out there RATHER than helping those people to understand the folly of that kind of thinking.

On the other side is a larger group of DIVERSE people who aren’t trying to make themselves feel better by DEGRADING minority groups.

I’m really amazed that you seem to think Maxine Waters and Frederica Wilson are in the wrong for taking offense to what Kelly said. Doesn’t matter if Empty Barrell is a Racial Slur or not. If someone is yelling at you in a foreign language and sneering in disgust. You know what they MEAN and how they feel about you without speaking their language.

Kelly was Wrong! Period. He trashed Rep. Wilson and should’ve apologized. PERIOD! Also I’m shocked that you would think Rep. Waters and Rep. Wilson wouldn’t know EXACTLY what real racism is. Come on Bruh. They’ve lived it.

I'm not saying that Wilson shouldn't have taken offense. She was right to call the kelly out for the lie. But it is one thing to accuse someone of being a liar and another thing to accuse someone of being racist and then subsequently charging the White House with being white supremacists when you have zero evidence of such. It's a major overplay of the race card and this is exactly what people like Trump feed off of.

Nixluva - I think the point is not that the GOP has not stood for racism or bigotry, but that if you bring up those terms every time one of its ranking members open their mouth, then two things happen
A. The actual decent people who still vote republican for whatever reason, get desensitized to it
B. The actual racists and bigots are able to garner even more support for their cause by converting more people to their POV

If instead of going on a rant about racism and bigotry everytime Trump, Bush and/or Raegan sneezes the Dems put the effort into formulating a strategy and the discipline into sticking to it, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

You can't change who Trump is by ridiculing him and calling him out, but you lose the opportunity to positively impact the few people on the right that still look at tbis objectively, every time you go on a rant.

I understand the point you’re making but this is how I feel and MANY Minorities feel. It’s not my problem that the White Majority hasn’t done enough to eradicate White Supremacist thinking from their
Communities.

The fact is this has ALWAYS been a problem within the White Community and the solution is in their own hands. This isn’t really about how Minorities and supporters in the White Community express themselves. Pointing blame at them is Wrong because it has NEVER been the source of the problem nor the ultimate solution. White Supremacy is a WHITE PROBLEM and always has been since 1619 when they established African Slavery in this land.

izybx
Posts: 22354
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/16/2006
Member: #1178
USA
10/24/2017  12:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2017  12:49 AM
nixluva wrote:
izybx wrote:Nixluva so what's your point, that some guy we never heard of before, who may or may not a actual person, made an offensive comment about someone else we never met before? Honestly who cares!

Do I have to go grab the MANY nasty and racist Tweets and Facebook posts to make it clear just how many people out there have horribly racist views? Of course it’s not about one individual.

The story of America is stained by the refusal of White Americans to recognize how widespread White Supremacists are among them. It’s been that way since day one. Good people not standing up to the bigots among them and doing all they can to eradicate those racist views from their communities.

You can post all the Facebook nonsense you want, I've never met a white supremacist, and up until a couple years ago no one even talked about them! All of a sudden, according to you, they are everywhere, yet I can't find any and no one I know can find any. Some story of America you have, is it a fairy tale?

And by the way, I am standing up to racist views, that's why I started discoursing with you. How do you lump a whole group of people together by their skin color. White America? What does an Italian from the Bronx have in common with a Irish guy from Wyoming? Can you tell me of some other ways that is ok to judge people by the color of their skin? You should be ashamed of yourself!

Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
nixluva
Posts: 55247
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/24/2017  2:48 AM
izybx wrote:
nixluva wrote:
izybx wrote:Nixluva so what's your point, that some guy we never heard of before, who may or may not a actual person, made an offensive comment about someone else we never met before? Honestly who cares!

Do I have to go grab the MANY nasty and racist Tweets and Facebook posts to make it clear just how many people out there have horribly racist views? Of course it’s not about one individual.

The story of America is stained by the refusal of White Americans to recognize how widespread White Supremacists are among them. It’s been that way since day one. Good people not standing up to the bigots among them and doing all they can to eradicate those racist views from their communities.

You can post all the Facebook nonsense you want, I've never met a white supremacist, and up until a couple years ago no one even talked about them! All of a sudden, according to you, they are everywhere, yet I can't find any and no one I know can find any. Some story of America you have, is it a fairy tale?

And by the way, I am standing up to racist views, that's why I started discoursing with you. How do you lump a whole group of people together by their skin color. White America? What does an Italian from the Bronx have in common with a Irish guy from Wyoming? Can you tell me of some other ways that is ok to judge people by the color of their skin? You should be ashamed of yourself!

Yes it's all a made up! I'm just a conspiracy theorist cuz everyone knows there are no White Supremacists or Antisemites or Nativists in America. No history of that at all in fact. We've all gotten along just GREAT for hundreds of years in this country.

To be sure "Whiteness" is a fluid thing. Irish when they 1st came were not considered "White". The same for the Italians. The thing is that it's more about creating a "Bottom Class" that is NOT part of the upper classes. Over time Irish and Italians got admitted to the club, but not African Americans. See there had to be a Bottom Class. The reason the Africans got to be the dividing line is as simple as their dark skin. Made things so much easier to create that bottom class.

As for my story of America, i've got a good one. One that extends before this was even a country. Just a few Colonies to be exact. I know ALL ABOUT America.

You're view on this subject is what i'm fighting against because that's how White Supremacists have survived all these years. White America never fully addresses what is a White Problem! Minorities can't solve White Supremacy. That can only happen when the Majority of White America decides to stop allowing it to exist.

The fact is that the founding fathers always knew that Slavery was wrong. They even tried to address it but they pacified those who wanted to keep Slavery until it finally came to a head. Even after the Civil War White America didn't seriously confront the problem. That meant another 100 years of Jim Crow Segregation and KKK Terrorism.

If you think that i'm simply grouping people by their skin color. I didn't start that. No person of Color started that in this country. Perhaps you've heard of the "One Drop" rule. Why would it matter if you had one drop of African Blood? White Supremacy required that you had a strict separation of the Races. White Supremacists exist in this country and that goes all the way back to 1619.

The justification of white supremacy has often rested on a veneer of civility. Blatant and unabashed white supremacist language has rarely been used to uphold slavery. Instead, America’s putrid racism has often been cloaked by depictions intended to make it seem respectable. In the 18th and 19th centuries, Southern slaveholders said the Bible compelled them to hold slaves—that, in fact, civilizing black people was a good Christian way of “liberating” them from savagery. “Christians across the Confederacy were convinced that they were called not only to perpetuate slavery but also to ‘perfect’ it. And they understood the Bible to provide clear moral guidelines on how to properly practice it,” wrote Thom Bassett in The New York Times.
https://www.thenation.com/article/fighting-white-supremacy-means-owning-up-to-american-history/

In citing slavery, South Carolina was less an outlier than a leader, setting the tone for other states, including Mississippi:

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery—the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin…

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/06/what-this-cruel-war-was-over/396482/

THIS COUNTRY WAS ESTABLISHED ON WHITE SUPREMACY! We've been fighting to uproot it ever since.

izybx
Posts: 22354
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/16/2006
Member: #1178
USA
10/24/2017  3:27 AM
Nixluva the only colors that matter to me are red white and blue. You need to take a look in the mirror to address you own racist ideas. Not interested in talking with a bigot!
Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
smackeddog
Posts: 32464
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
10/24/2017  3:46 AM
izybx wrote:Nixluva the only colors that matter to me are red white and blue. You need to take a look in the mirror to address you own racist ideas. Not interested in talking with a bigot!

This is genuinely one of the dumbest posts in the history of these boards.

smackeddog
Posts: 32464
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
10/24/2017  3:56 AM
izybx wrote:
nixluva wrote:
izybx wrote:Nixluva so what's your point, that some guy we never heard of before, who may or may not a actual person, made an offensive comment about someone else we never met before? Honestly who cares!

Do I have to go grab the MANY nasty and racist Tweets and Facebook posts to make it clear just how many people out there have horribly racist views? Of course it’s not about one individual.

The story of America is stained by the refusal of White Americans to recognize how widespread White Supremacists are among them. It’s been that way since day one. Good people not standing up to the bigots among them and doing all they can to eradicate those racist views from their communities.

You can post all the Facebook nonsense you want, I've never met a white supremacist, and up until a couple years ago no one even talked about them! All of a sudden, according to you, they are everywhere, yet I can't find any and no one I know can find any. Some story of America you have, is it a fairy tale?

Have you ever met a rapist? Do you assume they don't exist then?

No one was talking about white supremacists until a couple of years ago? WTF?! Its a fairy tale? Have you ever heard of the KKK? of slavery? Segregation? How is it possible to be so ignorant of basic history?!

I've never understood the logic of white people who think they know better than black people if racism against black people exists- how on earth, as a white person would you personally encounter racism against black people if you're white? It's like a non Jewish person claiming anti-semitism doesn't exist because they've never personally encountered it- of course you haven't encountered it you're not Jewish! Just absolutely moronic.

izybx
Posts: 22354
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/16/2006
Member: #1178
USA
10/24/2017  4:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2017  4:16 AM
smackeddog wrote:
izybx wrote:
nixluva wrote:
izybx wrote:Nixluva so what's your point, that some guy we never heard of before, who may or may not a actual person, made an offensive comment about someone else we never met before? Honestly who cares!

Do I have to go grab the MANY nasty and racist Tweets and Facebook posts to make it clear just how many people out there have horribly racist views? Of course it’s not about one individual.

The story of America is stained by the refusal of White Americans to recognize how widespread White Supremacists are among them. It’s been that way since day one. Good people not standing up to the bigots among them and doing all they can to eradicate those racist views from their communities.

You can post all the Facebook nonsense you want, I've never met a white supremacist, and up until a couple years ago no one even talked about them! All of a sudden, according to you, they are everywhere, yet I can't find any and no one I know can find any. Some story of America you have, is it a fairy tale?

Have you ever met a rapist? Do you assume they don't exist then?

No one was talking about white supremacists until a couple of years ago? WTF?! Its a fairy tale? Have you ever heard of the KKK? of slavery? Segregation? How is it possible to be so ignorant of basic history?!

I've never understood the logic of white people who think they know better than black people if racism against black people exists- how on earth, as a white person would you personally encounter racism against black people if you're white? It's like a non Jewish person claiming anti-semitism doesn't exist because they've never personally encountered it- of course you haven't encountered it you're not Jewish! Just absolutely moronic.

Exactly! History, not something that's ubiquitous today. You can parrot what you read on Facebook to me all day, I won't buy until I see it with my own eyes.

And you make a big assumption that I am white, apparently to you it's unimaginable that a minority would have his own thoughts. According to you a POC can only think a certain way huh? I find the attitude that a Latino like myself has to ascribe to some sort of victim status ridiculous. I even lived throughout the south and Midwest from my time in the army and I never found any white supremacists. You guys have to invent racists now to justify your views.

Stop spending all your energy on being outraged and live your life!

Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
nixluva
Posts: 55247
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/24/2017  4:31 AM
izybx wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
izybx wrote:
nixluva wrote:
izybx wrote:Nixluva so what's your point, that some guy we never heard of before, who may or may not a actual person, made an offensive comment about someone else we never met before? Honestly who cares!

Do I have to go grab the MANY nasty and racist Tweets and Facebook posts to make it clear just how many people out there have horribly racist views? Of course it’s not about one individual.

The story of America is stained by the refusal of White Americans to recognize how widespread White Supremacists are among them. It’s been that way since day one. Good people not standing up to the bigots among them and doing all they can to eradicate those racist views from their communities.

You can post all the Facebook nonsense you want, I've never met a white supremacist, and up until a couple years ago no one even talked about them! All of a sudden, according to you, they are everywhere, yet I can't find any and no one I know can find any. Some story of America you have, is it a fairy tale?

Have you ever met a rapist? Do you assume they don't exist then?

No one was talking about white supremacists until a couple of years ago? WTF?! Its a fairy tale? Have you ever heard of the KKK? of slavery? Segregation? How is it possible to be so ignorant of basic history?!

I've never understood the logic of white people who think they know better than black people if racism against black people exists- how on earth, as a white person would you personally encounter racism against black people if you're white? It's like a non Jewish person claiming anti-semitism doesn't exist because they've never personally encountered it- of course you haven't encountered it you're not Jewish! Just absolutely moronic.

Exactly! History, not something that's ubiquitous today. You can parrot what you read on Facebook to me all day, I won't buy until I see it with my own eyes.

And you make a big assumption that I am white, apparently to you it's unimaginable that a minority would have his own thoughts. According to you a POC can only think a certain way huh? I find the attitude that a Latino like myself has to ascribe to some sort of victim status ridiculous. I even lived throughout the south and Midwest from my time in the army and I never found any white supremacists. You guys have to invent racists now to justify your views.

Stop spending all your energy on being outraged and live your life!

You’re a fool if you think White Supremacists have to be ubiquitous or overtly in your face for it to be a very real problem. How naive! That’s not how things work. You claim to be a POC but you talk like someone who has no F’n idea what’s really going on. Get out of your bubble cuz you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about.

smackeddog
Posts: 32464
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
10/24/2017  4:33 AM
izybx wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
izybx wrote:
nixluva wrote:
izybx wrote:Nixluva so what's your point, that some guy we never heard of before, who may or may not a actual person, made an offensive comment about someone else we never met before? Honestly who cares!

Do I have to go grab the MANY nasty and racist Tweets and Facebook posts to make it clear just how many people out there have horribly racist views? Of course it’s not about one individual.

The story of America is stained by the refusal of White Americans to recognize how widespread White Supremacists are among them. It’s been that way since day one. Good people not standing up to the bigots among them and doing all they can to eradicate those racist views from their communities.

You can post all the Facebook nonsense you want, I've never met a white supremacist, and up until a couple years ago no one even talked about them! All of a sudden, according to you, they are everywhere, yet I can't find any and no one I know can find any. Some story of America you have, is it a fairy tale?

Have you ever met a rapist? Do you assume they don't exist then?

No one was talking about white supremacists until a couple of years ago? WTF?! Its a fairy tale? Have you ever heard of the KKK? of slavery? Segregation? How is it possible to be so ignorant of basic history?!

I've never understood the logic of white people who think they know better than black people if racism against black people exists- how on earth, as a white person would you personally encounter racism against black people if you're white? It's like a non Jewish person claiming anti-semitism doesn't exist because they've never personally encountered it- of course you haven't encountered it you're not Jewish! Just absolutely moronic.

Exactly! History, not something that's ubiquitous today. You can parrot what you read on Facebook to me all day, I won't buy until I see it with my own eyes.

This makes no sense at all- do countries you've never visited not exist? have crimes you've never witnessed never happened? What would you think if someone posted that they had never met a latino face to face before therefore they don't think they actually exist? Do you not see how daft the concept is?

How exactly would you experience first hand racism against black people? What would be the scenario that would make you change your mind?

TPercy
Posts: 24619
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

10/24/2017  11:41 AM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:@nixluva
The problem is the constant pushing of those Dog Whistles leads to more Divisive and Bigoted attitudes. After decades of that subliminal White Supremacy tripe they’ve created a group think that is actually THE REAL reason for TRUMP!!!

These bigoted people have been here since the signing of the Decleration. The Republican Party didn't create any more divisive and bigoted attitudes with this Southern Strategy and the stats show that the strategy that the RNC official did wasn't effective nor was it exlusive to the Republican Party. To say that the Republican Party created a new group of people literrarly decades after the Civil RIghts Act assumes that they're more racist attitudes now than there were back then which would be categorically false.

This charged PC culture isn't a myth. For Christ sakes Maxine Walters and Wilson accused Kelly of racism for the term "empty barrel". I was very pissed off at this and on the brink of embarrasement after hearing that. To hear those words from an of age black woman is scary to me because it really takes away from what actual racism is.

You are perhaps missing the points being made. The fact is a steady diet of Racist and Bigoted views plays on the inherent biases and tribalism that is out there RATHER than helping those people to understand the folly of that kind of thinking.

On the other side is a larger group of DIVERSE people who aren’t trying to make themselves feel better by DEGRADING minority groups.

I’m really amazed that you seem to think Maxine Waters and Frederica Wilson are in the wrong for taking offense to what Kelly said. Doesn’t matter if Empty Barrell is a Racial Slur or not. If someone is yelling at you in a foreign language and sneering in disgust. You know what they MEAN and how they feel about you without speaking their language.

Kelly was Wrong! Period. He trashed Rep. Wilson and should’ve apologized. PERIOD! Also I’m shocked that you would think Rep. Waters and Rep. Wilson wouldn’t know EXACTLY what real racism is. Come on Bruh. They’ve lived it.

I'm not saying that Wilson shouldn't have taken offense. She was right to call the kelly out for the lie. But it is one thing to accuse someone of being a liar and another thing to accuse someone of being racist and then subsequently charging the White House with being white supremacists when you have zero evidence of such. It's a major overplay of the race card and this is exactly what people like Trump feed off of.

Nixluva - I think the point is not that the GOP has not stood for racism or bigotry, but that if you bring up those terms every time one of its ranking members open their mouth, then two things happen
A. The actual decent people who still vote republican for whatever reason, get desensitized to it
B. The actual racists and bigots are able to garner even more support for their cause by converting more people to their POV

If instead of going on a rant about racism and bigotry everytime Trump, Bush and/or Raegan sneezes the Dems put the effort into formulating a strategy and the discipline into sticking to it, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

You can't change who Trump is by ridiculing him and calling him out, but you lose the opportunity to positively impact the few people on the right that still look at tbis objectively, every time you go on a rant.

I understand the point you’re making but this is how I feel and MANY Minorities feel. It’s not my problem that the White Majority hasn’t done enough to eradicate White Supremacist thinking from their
Communities.

The fact is this has ALWAYS been a problem within the White Community and the solution is in their own hands. This isn’t really about how Minorities and supporters in the White Community express themselves. Pointing blame at them is Wrong because it has NEVER been the source of the problem nor the ultimate solution. White Supremacy is a WHITE PROBLEM and always has been since 1619 when they established African Slavery in this land.

How many minorities feel is completely irrlelvant and i would bet my life that if a national poll was done most of them would laugh off what Mrs. Wilson said. The fact is that if you accuse the White House of racism and white supremacy when it is all based on "feelings" absent of any pertinent facts you do these things:

Taint your credibility
Degrade what racism actually is
Give power to neo nazis and actual white supremacy
Create more division instead of conversation.

The Future is Bright!
nixluva
Posts: 55247
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/24/2017  2:34 PM
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:@nixluva
The problem is the constant pushing of those Dog Whistles leads to more Divisive and Bigoted attitudes. After decades of that subliminal White Supremacy tripe they’ve created a group think that is actually THE REAL reason for TRUMP!!!

These bigoted people have been here since the signing of the Decleration. The Republican Party didn't create any more divisive and bigoted attitudes with this Southern Strategy and the stats show that the strategy that the RNC official did wasn't effective nor was it exlusive to the Republican Party. To say that the Republican Party created a new group of people literrarly decades after the Civil RIghts Act assumes that they're more racist attitudes now than there were back then which would be categorically false.

This charged PC culture isn't a myth. For Christ sakes Maxine Walters and Wilson accused Kelly of racism for the term "empty barrel". I was very pissed off at this and on the brink of embarrasement after hearing that. To hear those words from an of age black woman is scary to me because it really takes away from what actual racism is.

You are perhaps missing the points being made. The fact is a steady diet of Racist and Bigoted views plays on the inherent biases and tribalism that is out there RATHER than helping those people to understand the folly of that kind of thinking.

On the other side is a larger group of DIVERSE people who aren’t trying to make themselves feel better by DEGRADING minority groups.

I’m really amazed that you seem to think Maxine Waters and Frederica Wilson are in the wrong for taking offense to what Kelly said. Doesn’t matter if Empty Barrell is a Racial Slur or not. If someone is yelling at you in a foreign language and sneering in disgust. You know what they MEAN and how they feel about you without speaking their language.

Kelly was Wrong! Period. He trashed Rep. Wilson and should’ve apologized. PERIOD! Also I’m shocked that you would think Rep. Waters and Rep. Wilson wouldn’t know EXACTLY what real racism is. Come on Bruh. They’ve lived it.

I'm not saying that Wilson shouldn't have taken offense. She was right to call the kelly out for the lie. But it is one thing to accuse someone of being a liar and another thing to accuse someone of being racist and then subsequently charging the White House with being white supremacists when you have zero evidence of such. It's a major overplay of the race card and this is exactly what people like Trump feed off of.

Nixluva - I think the point is not that the GOP has not stood for racism or bigotry, but that if you bring up those terms every time one of its ranking members open their mouth, then two things happen
A. The actual decent people who still vote republican for whatever reason, get desensitized to it
B. The actual racists and bigots are able to garner even more support for their cause by converting more people to their POV

If instead of going on a rant about racism and bigotry everytime Trump, Bush and/or Raegan sneezes the Dems put the effort into formulating a strategy and the discipline into sticking to it, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

You can't change who Trump is by ridiculing him and calling him out, but you lose the opportunity to positively impact the few people on the right that still look at tbis objectively, every time you go on a rant.

I understand the point you’re making but this is how I feel and MANY Minorities feel. It’s not my problem that the White Majority hasn’t done enough to eradicate White Supremacist thinking from their
Communities.

The fact is this has ALWAYS been a problem within the White Community and the solution is in their own hands. This isn’t really about how Minorities and supporters in the White Community express themselves. Pointing blame at them is Wrong because it has NEVER been the source of the problem nor the ultimate solution. White Supremacy is a WHITE PROBLEM and always has been since 1619 when they established African Slavery in this land.

How many minorities feel is completely irrlelvant and i would bet my life that if a national poll was done most of them would laugh off what Mrs. Wilson said. The fact is that if you accuse the White House of racism and white supremacy when it is all based on "feelings" absent of any pertinent facts you do these things:

Taint your credibility
Degrade what racism actually is
Give power to neo nazis and actual white supremacy
Create more division instead of conversation.

I’m fully tied into the Black Community and I spend time in Multiple Southern States where the MAJORITY of African Americans live. I don’t think you know how these people live! How they feel about Trump and his Administration. What they deal with in terms of White Supremacists.

There are entire communities that are Self Segregated White Communities. Flying the Confederate Flag and posting Sons of the Confederacy signs. There are towns that still have Segregated Proms. There are so many Racial issues in the States where most AA’s live. That’s been the History until this day.

White Supremacy has ALWAYS been a problem that White People have to solve. They’re the Majority and have always maintained power. The KKK and other groups come from the White community! You and guys like izybx are Victim Blaming!

Minorities fighting for equality are not the problem! Think about what you’re saying! A crime has been committed against someone and they protest to get justice but you think the VICTIM is wrong for protesting and trying to get the Majority to do something about it.

We didn’t give power to Neo Nazis and White Supremacists. Donald Trump did!!!

izybx
Posts: 22354
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/16/2006
Member: #1178
USA
10/24/2017  5:07 PM
smackeddog wrote:
izybx wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
izybx wrote:
nixluva wrote:
izybx wrote:Nixluva so what's your point, that some guy we never heard of before, who may or may not a actual person, made an offensive comment about someone else we never met before? Honestly who cares!

Do I have to go grab the MANY nasty and racist Tweets and Facebook posts to make it clear just how many people out there have horribly racist views? Of course it’s not about one individual.

The story of America is stained by the refusal of White Americans to recognize how widespread White Supremacists are among them. It’s been that way since day one. Good people not standing up to the bigots among them and doing all they can to eradicate those racist views from their communities.

You can post all the Facebook nonsense you want, I've never met a white supremacist, and up until a couple years ago no one even talked about them! All of a sudden, according to you, they are everywhere, yet I can't find any and no one I know can find any. Some story of America you have, is it a fairy tale?

Have you ever met a rapist? Do you assume they don't exist then?

No one was talking about white supremacists until a couple of years ago? WTF?! Its a fairy tale? Have you ever heard of the KKK? of slavery? Segregation? How is it possible to be so ignorant of basic history?!

I've never understood the logic of white people who think they know better than black people if racism against black people exists- how on earth, as a white person would you personally encounter racism against black people if you're white? It's like a non Jewish person claiming anti-semitism doesn't exist because they've never personally encountered it- of course you haven't encountered it you're not Jewish! Just absolutely moronic.

Exactly! History, not something that's ubiquitous today. You can parrot what you read on Facebook to me all day, I won't buy until I see it with my own eyes.

This makes no sense at all- do countries you've never visited not exist? have crimes you've never witnessed never happened? What would you think if someone posted that they had never met a latino face to face before therefore they don't think they actually exist? Do you not see how daft the concept is?

How exactly would you experience first hand racism against black people? What would be the scenario that would make you change your mind?

I never denied there was ANY racism. You guys are making sweeping generalizations about entire ethnic groups and vast sections of the country, intimating that they are all racist (an accusation that is one of the worst insults you can make against someone!). You can have an opinion, and if you want to show everyone how woke you are by castigating all white people, then by all means go ahead lol, but don't expect me to go along with it. You should be more specific, and describe in specificity the individuals and organizations that are racist, and directly describe their racist activity. Then we can agree on something.

I'm tired of hearing all how bad the country is, and how bad the people are. You can bring yourself up from nothing if you make good decisions and work hard. If you are failing don't blame society blame yourself!

Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
izybx
Posts: 22354
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/16/2006
Member: #1178
USA
10/24/2017  5:12 PM
nixluva wrote:
izybx wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
izybx wrote:
nixluva wrote:
izybx wrote:Nixluva so what's your point, that some guy we never heard of before, who may or may not a actual person, made an offensive comment about someone else we never met before? Honestly who cares!

Do I have to go grab the MANY nasty and racist Tweets and Facebook posts to make it clear just how many people out there have horribly racist views? Of course it’s not about one individual.

The story of America is stained by the refusal of White Americans to recognize how widespread White Supremacists are among them. It’s been that way since day one. Good people not standing up to the bigots among them and doing all they can to eradicate those racist views from their communities.

You can post all the Facebook nonsense you want, I've never met a white supremacist, and up until a couple years ago no one even talked about them! All of a sudden, according to you, they are everywhere, yet I can't find any and no one I know can find any. Some story of America you have, is it a fairy tale?

Have you ever met a rapist? Do you assume they don't exist then?

No one was talking about white supremacists until a couple of years ago? WTF?! Its a fairy tale? Have you ever heard of the KKK? of slavery? Segregation? How is it possible to be so ignorant of basic history?!

I've never understood the logic of white people who think they know better than black people if racism against black people exists- how on earth, as a white person would you personally encounter racism against black people if you're white? It's like a non Jewish person claiming anti-semitism doesn't exist because they've never personally encountered it- of course you haven't encountered it you're not Jewish! Just absolutely moronic.

Exactly! History, not something that's ubiquitous today. You can parrot what you read on Facebook to me all day, I won't buy until I see it with my own eyes.

And you make a big assumption that I am white, apparently to you it's unimaginable that a minority would have his own thoughts. According to you a POC can only think a certain way huh? I find the attitude that a Latino like myself has to ascribe to some sort of victim status ridiculous. I even lived throughout the south and Midwest from my time in the army and I never found any white supremacists. You guys have to invent racists now to justify your views.

Stop spending all your energy on being outraged and live your life!

You’re a fool if you think White Supremacists have to be ubiquitous or overtly in your face for it to be a very real problem. How naive! That’s not how things work. You claim to be a POC but you talk like someone who has no F’n idea what’s really going on. Get out of your bubble cuz you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about.

I'm a Puerto Rican from the Bronx cupcake, and I grew up poor as dirt with one parent and guess what, I worked hard and put myself through school and now I own a nice house in NYC, have a good career, and my kids will never know what it's like to be poor, or hungry, or any of the things we had to go through in this city back in the 70s and 80s. Teaching this BS victim mentality is what is holding people back in this country!

While you scour Facebook looking for some loser saying the wrong thing I'll just keep working hard and enjoying my life! It's a beautiful country, and owe it all I have!

Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
Knickoftime
Posts: 23204
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/24/2017  5:23 PM
izybx wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
izybx wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
izybx wrote:
nixluva wrote:
izybx wrote:Nixluva so what's your point, that some guy we never heard of before, who may or may not a actual person, made an offensive comment about someone else we never met before? Honestly who cares!

Do I have to go grab the MANY nasty and racist Tweets and Facebook posts to make it clear just how many people out there have horribly racist views? Of course it’s not about one individual.

The story of America is stained by the refusal of White Americans to recognize how widespread White Supremacists are among them. It’s been that way since day one. Good people not standing up to the bigots among them and doing all they can to eradicate those racist views from their communities.

You can post all the Facebook nonsense you want, I've never met a white supremacist, and up until a couple years ago no one even talked about them! All of a sudden, according to you, they are everywhere, yet I can't find any and no one I know can find any. Some story of America you have, is it a fairy tale?

Have you ever met a rapist? Do you assume they don't exist then?

No one was talking about white supremacists until a couple of years ago? WTF?! Its a fairy tale? Have you ever heard of the KKK? of slavery? Segregation? How is it possible to be so ignorant of basic history?!

I've never understood the logic of white people who think they know better than black people if racism against black people exists- how on earth, as a white person would you personally encounter racism against black people if you're white? It's like a non Jewish person claiming anti-semitism doesn't exist because they've never personally encountered it- of course you haven't encountered it you're not Jewish! Just absolutely moronic.

Exactly! History, not something that's ubiquitous today. You can parrot what you read on Facebook to me all day, I won't buy until I see it with my own eyes.

This makes no sense at all- do countries you've never visited not exist? have crimes you've never witnessed never happened? What would you think if someone posted that they had never met a latino face to face before therefore they don't think they actually exist? Do you not see how daft the concept is?

How exactly would you experience first hand racism against black people? What would be the scenario that would make you change your mind?

I never denied there was ANY racism. You guys are making sweeping generalizations about entire ethnic groups and vast sections of the country, intimating that they are all racist (an accusation that is one of the worst insults you can make against someone!). You can have an opinion, and if you want to show everyone how woke you are by castigating all white people, then by all means go ahead lol, but don't expect me to go along with it. You should be more specific, and describe in specificity the individuals and organizations that are racist, and directly describe their racist activity. Then we can agree on something.

I'm tired of hearing all how bad the country is, and how bad the people are. You can bring yourself up from nothing if you make good decisions and work hard. If you are failing don't blame society blame yourself!

Question: Republicans, be it on the Federal level, or in State Houses and Legislatures, are almost singularly fixated on voter ID laws, where there is no credible evidence voter fraud exists.

There is credible evidence these laws have the effect of disenfranchising minority voters in greater numbers.

Now I'm going to give you the credit in advance that you're not going to respond rationalizing how 'voter ID laws shouldn't be too much to ask.'

I'm going to ask you simply why you think these laws exist or are being pushed, and why this is solely the issue of one political party?

nixluva
Posts: 55247
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/24/2017  5:32 PM
izybx wrote:
nixluva wrote:
izybx wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
izybx wrote:
nixluva wrote:
izybx wrote:Nixluva so what's your point, that some guy we never heard of before, who may or may not a actual person, made an offensive comment about someone else we never met before? Honestly who cares!

Do I have to go grab the MANY nasty and racist Tweets and Facebook posts to make it clear just how many people out there have horribly racist views? Of course it’s not about one individual.

The story of America is stained by the refusal of White Americans to recognize how widespread White Supremacists are among them. It’s been that way since day one. Good people not standing up to the bigots among them and doing all they can to eradicate those racist views from their communities.

You can post all the Facebook nonsense you want, I've never met a white supremacist, and up until a couple years ago no one even talked about them! All of a sudden, according to you, they are everywhere, yet I can't find any and no one I know can find any. Some story of America you have, is it a fairy tale?

Have you ever met a rapist? Do you assume they don't exist then?

No one was talking about white supremacists until a couple of years ago? WTF?! Its a fairy tale? Have you ever heard of the KKK? of slavery? Segregation? How is it possible to be so ignorant of basic history?!

I've never understood the logic of white people who think they know better than black people if racism against black people exists- how on earth, as a white person would you personally encounter racism against black people if you're white? It's like a non Jewish person claiming anti-semitism doesn't exist because they've never personally encountered it- of course you haven't encountered it you're not Jewish! Just absolutely moronic.

Exactly! History, not something that's ubiquitous today. You can parrot what you read on Facebook to me all day, I won't buy until I see it with my own eyes.

And you make a big assumption that I am white, apparently to you it's unimaginable that a minority would have his own thoughts. According to you a POC can only think a certain way huh? I find the attitude that a Latino like myself has to ascribe to some sort of victim status ridiculous. I even lived throughout the south and Midwest from my time in the army and I never found any white supremacists. You guys have to invent racists now to justify your views.

Stop spending all your energy on being outraged and live your life!

You’re a fool if you think White Supremacists have to be ubiquitous or overtly in your face for it to be a very real problem. How naive! That’s not how things work. You claim to be a POC but you talk like someone who has no F’n idea what’s really going on. Get out of your bubble cuz you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about.

I'm a Puerto Rican from the Bronx cupcake, and I grew up poor as dirt with one parent and guess what, I worked hard and put myself through school and now I own a nice house in NYC, have a good career, and my kids will never know what it's like to be poor, or hungry, or any of the things we had to go through in this city back in the 70s and 80s. Teaching this BS victim mentality is what is holding people back in this country!

While you scour Facebook looking for some loser saying the wrong thing I'll just keep working hard and enjoying my life! It's a beautiful country, and owe it all I have!

Good for you but your individual experience has NOTHING to do with the issues others face. Yes there are those who achieved success but you’re assuming others have no impediments keeping them from doing better!

As I’ve pointed out many times, the Majority of AA’s don’t live in the northeast. They still live in the former Slave States. I can tell that you don’t really know what it’s like to have lived in these states for generations. How that systemic racism impacts the prospects for those trapped in those areas.

IMO you’re speaking out of ignorance and your own personal story and then projecting your circumstances onto Millions of other Minorities. That’s a mistake and does nothing to address the very real problems.

izybx
Posts: 22354
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/16/2006
Member: #1178
USA
10/24/2017  5:38 PM
Wait you told me to get out of my bubble, i guess the Bronx is in the bubble now? And I've lived in Georgia, Kentucky, Ohio, and Iowa. So there goes that. Whatever nix, you don't speak for all of us, speak for yourself and your own experiences. Who made you the spokesman for minorities? What gives you the right to act like you represent some sort of monolithic block?
Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.