[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/21/2017  11:40 PM
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

10/22/2017  11:43 AM
TheGame wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
nixluva wrote:

This is seriously disgusting. Kelly needs to apologize to Congresswoman Wilson and to the American people for completely lying about this. Not one thing he said is backed up in the video. Can't help but believe that he said this because she's black and she's a woman.

Really? Are you being serious? You can't believe any other reason for Kelly doing this after what happened this past week?

He either totally misinterpreted her words due to his misogyny and/or racism or he blatantly lied to carry water for Trump. You tell me which one is better?

How is Kelly racist? I'm as anti racism as the next guy, but throwing serious labels like this when there is no evidence is the things that keep people like Trump in office. Look at past couple elections, big figures and part of the left and the media kept on saying that Mccain, Romney, and Bush were bigots who waged war on women. All of those accusations were false and every time those accusations were made, not only did the terms "racist", "Sexist" and "bigot" lose their value, people get annoyed that anything thing can be misconstrued offensive. This what allows Trump thrive, where he can say what he want no holds barred and he will be viewed as the righteous leader of the anti PC culture. When he says something that is legitimately racist or sexist, the opposition has no power because the spent the last decade labeling other Republicans the same things that they are accusing Trump and his administration of.

A lot of my more liberal friends try to tell me that Trump's election was a sign of America being sexist and racism and all that, but when you think deeply about it, the mainstream left played a part in it too.

I don't think Kelly is racist. I do think he has let Trump drag him into the mud and now he is spewing the same lies and half truths as Trump. I thought he was better than that. I suspect he may have been misled but that might be too much to hope for but I am sure no apology will be forthcoming.

I think we can agree on this.
The Future is Bright!
VCoug
Member: #1406

10/22/2017  11:54 AM
TPercy wrote:
TheGame wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
nixluva wrote:

This is seriously disgusting. Kelly needs to apologize to Congresswoman Wilson and to the American people for completely lying about this. Not one thing he said is backed up in the video. Can't help but believe that he said this because she's black and she's a woman.

Really? Are you being serious? You can't believe any other reason for Kelly doing this after what happened this past week?

He either totally misinterpreted her words due to his misogyny and/or racism or he blatantly lied to carry water for Trump. You tell me which one is better?

How is Kelly racist? I'm as anti racism as the next guy, but throwing serious labels like this when there is no evidence is the things that keep people like Trump in office. Look at past couple elections, big figures and part of the left and the media kept on saying that Mccain, Romney, and Bush were bigots who waged war on women. All of those accusations were false and every time those accusations were made, not only did the terms "racist", "Sexist" and "bigot" lose their value, people get annoyed that anything thing can be misconstrued offensive. This what allows Trump thrive, where he can say what he want no holds barred and he will be viewed as the righteous leader of the anti PC culture. When he says something that is legitimately racist or sexist, the opposition has no power because the spent the last decade labeling other Republicans the same things that they are accusing Trump and his administration of.

A lot of my more liberal friends try to tell me that Trump's election was a sign of America being sexist and racism and all that, but when you think deeply about it, the mainstream left played a part in it too.

I don't think Kelly is racist. I do think he has let Trump drag him into the mud and now he is spewing the same lies and half truths as Trump. I thought he was better than that. I suspect he may have been misled but that might be too much to hope for but I am sure no apology will be forthcoming.

I think we can agree on this.

How could he have been misled? He wasn't speaking about what someone else told him. He was sharing his own recollections of the event, an event that he personally attended.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/22/2017  11:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2017  11:56 AM
What gets lost in the Global Warming debate (intentionally) is water, air, pollution, and the damage to life on earth.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/10/171020182513.htm

Simon Fraser University health sciences professor Bruce Lanphear is a Commissioner and author of The Lancet Commission on Pollution and Health that has released a report detailing the adverse effects of pollution on global health.

"This is the first global analysis of the impacts of pollution -- air, water, soil, occupational -- together as well as exploring the economic costs and the social injustice of pollution," says Lanphear. "Pollution, which is at the root of many diseases and disorders that plague humankind, is entirely preventable."

The report features solutions and recommends how the problem can be solved. It includes examples and case studies of pollution control success.

Commission findings include:

Pollution causes 16% of all deaths globally.

Diseases caused by pollution were responsible in 2015 for an estimated 9 million premature deaths --

16% of all deaths worldwide -- three times more deaths than AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria combined; and fifteen times more than all wars and other forms of violence. It kills more people than smoking, hunger and natural disasters. In some countries, it accounts for one in four deaths.

Pollution disproportionately kills the poor and the vulnerable. Nearly 92% of pollution-related deaths occur in low- and middle-income countries. Within countries, pollution's toll is greatest in poor and marginalized communities.

Children face the highest risks because small exposures to chemicals in utero and in early childhood can result in lifelong disease and, disability, premature death, as well as reduced learning and earning potential.

Pollution is closely tied to climate change and biodiversity. Fossil fuel combustion in higher-income countries and the burning of biomass in lower-income countries accounts for 85% of airborne particulate pollution. Major emitters of carbon dioxide are coal-fired power plants, chemical producers, mining operations, and vehicles. Accelerating the switch to cleaner sources of energy will reduce air pollution and improve human and planetary health.

TPercy

10/22/2017  12:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2017  12:06 PM
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
nixluva wrote:

If Kelly honestly remembered Wilson's speech that way it's because he's racist and/or sexist. There's no way someone could misremember a speech that badly; he had to have taken the speech in the completely wrong way and I can only imagine it's because of either her race or her gender. Of course, it's also possible that he's just a huge liar and thought he wouldn't get caught. I'll let you decide which is worse.

I always love the argument that the left calling out dog-whistle bigotry made the right elect an objective racist and sexist. Republicans have used coded language to talk to their constituents and assure them that the policies they'll enact are going to hurt black people. Because they don't come right out and say their policies are racist it gives them plausible deniability but everyone knows what they mean. Of course, you don't need to take my word for it. Listen to Lee Atwater, one of the architects of the Southern Strategy:

Or maybe Kelly was trying to kick her while she was stilll down after the inappropriate comments she made?? It's just beyond stupid to say that he said those things because she is black. Trump lies all the time, are all his lies racially motivated?

Your second point is flawed:

1) Just because a significant minority of the Republican Party employed the Southern Strategy doesn't account for the entire Republican Party and it's foolish to assume that the democrats who switched over did so because they were adverse to rights of blacks. In addition, Democrats did the same thing as well.

2) we are in 2017. Your falsified perception of what happened almost 4 decades ago has no bearing on how those on the mainstream left contributed to the election of Donald Trump through the overragersted accusations like the one you are making of a respect official right now.

The Future is Bright!
VCoug

10/22/2017  12:24 PM
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
nixluva wrote:

If Kelly honestly remembered Wilson's speech that way it's because he's racist and/or sexist. There's no way someone could misremember a speech that badly; he had to have taken the speech in the completely wrong way and I can only imagine it's because of either her race or her gender. Of course, it's also possible that he's just a huge liar and thought he wouldn't get caught. I'll let you decide which is worse.

I always love the argument that the left calling out dog-whistle bigotry made the right elect an objective racist and sexist. Republicans have used coded language to talk to their constituents and assure them that the policies they'll enact are going to hurt black people. Because they don't come right out and say their policies are racist it gives them plausible deniability but everyone knows what they mean. Of course, you don't need to take my word for it. Listen to Lee Atwater, one of the architects of the Southern Strategy:

Or maybe Kelly was trying to kick her while she was stilll down after the inappropriate comments she made?? It's just beyond stupid to say that he said those things because she is black. Trump lies all the time, are all his lies racially motivated?

1) Just because a significant minority of the Republican Party employed the Southern Strategy doesn't account for the entire Republican Party and it's foolish to assume that the democrats who switched over did so because they were adverse to rights of blacks. In addition, Democrats did the same thing as well.

2) we are in 2017. Your falsified perception of what happened almost 4 decades ago has no bearing on how those on the mainstream left contributed to the election of Donald Trump through the overragersted accusations like the one you are making of a respect official right now.

What inappropriate comments did she make? La David Johnson's family backed up what Frederica Wilson said happened: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/10/18/totally-fabricated-trump-disputes-congresswomans-depiction-of-his-exchange-with-soldiers-widow/?utm_term=.ada222ddc7b7

And obviously Kelly was trying to discredit her; nobody's disputing that. The questions is, why in that manner and I can only come up with two conclusions:

1. Because he's sexist and/or racist and took her comments the completely wrong way when he heard them

2. Because he's a ****ing liar

My 2nd point isn't flawed at all and it's one being made by a famous Republican strategist.

1. I'm sure all the Southern Democrats who voted against the Civil Rights Act and then switched parties when the Republicans started nominating segregationists did so because of their deepfelt conservative principles.

2. Falsified perception? It's literally what Lee Atwater; Republican strategist, adviser to Reagan and HW Bush, and chairman of the RNC; said happened.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
TPercy

10/22/2017  12:42 PM
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
nixluva wrote:

What inappropriate comments did she make? La David Johnson's family backed up what Frederica Wilson said happened: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/10/18/totally-fabricated-trump-disputes-congresswomans-depiction-of-his-exchange-with-soldiers-widow/?utm_term=.ada222ddc7b7

And obviously Kelly was trying to discredit her; nobody's disputing that. The questions is, why in that manner and I can only come up with two conclusions:

1. Because he's sexist and/or racist and took her comments the completely wrong way when he heard them

My 2nd point isn't flawed at all and it's one being made by a famous Republican strategist.

1. I'm sure all the Southern Democrats who voted against the Civil Rights Act and then switched parties when the Republicans started nominating segregationists did so because of their deepfelt conservative principles.

2. Falsified perception? It's literally what Lee Atwater; Republican strategist, adviser to Reagan and HW Bush, and chairman of the RNC; said happened.

You don't recall the heartfelt speech that Kelly gave that Wilson denounced saying that Kelly will say "anything" to keep his job? I've never lost a son, but after sharing something like that only for stupid ass of a Democrat to go that far after reliving such dark times I would feel hurt and angered. It dosen't excuse Kelly for lying obviously but a motive is clear in that regard.

1. You are "sure all the Southern Democrats who voted against Civil Rights Acts". What you are "sure" about is irrelevant. This is a matter of the facts and the facts are that Dems were adverse to the rights of citizens and employed tactics that were adverse to the rights of black people. You can't make an opinion on pure conjecture.

2. You didn't answer how bringing up things that happened almost 4 decades ago have no bearing on how the mainstream left and the supercharged pc culture contributed to the election of Donald Trump.

The Future is Bright!
VCoug

10/22/2017  1:12 PM
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You don't recall the heartfelt speech that Kelly gave that Wilson denounced saying that Kelly will say "anything" to keep his job? I've never lost a son, but after sharing something like that only for stupid ass of a Democrat to go that far after reliving such dark times I would feel hurt and angered. It dosen't excuse Kelly for lying obviously but a motive is clear in that regard.

1. You are "sure all the Southern Democrats who voted against Civil Rights Acts". What you are "sure" about is irrelevant. This is a matter of the facts and the facts are that Dems were adverse to the rights of citizens and employed tactics that were adverse to the rights of black people. You can't make an opinion on pure conjecture.

2. You didn't answer how bringing up things that happened almost 4 decades ago have no bearing on how the mainstream left and the supercharged pc culture contributed to the election of Donald Trump.

No I don't remember that at all and I don't see what bearing that would have on Kelly's actions.

1. Not Democrats, white Southerners all of whom switched parties and joined the Republicans.

2. That's easy. The Republican party has been courting racists since nominating segregationist Barry Goldwater to run for President back in 1964. That racism continued through Nixon's culture wars, Reagan's "young bucks", "welfare queens", and his "states' rights" speech in Philadelphia, MA, all the way to today and Trump's naked appeal to white supremacists and neo-nazis. Now it's your turn. How did the mainstream left and "PC culture" contribute to Trump's win?

TPercy

10/22/2017  1:52 PM
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
nixluva wrote:

No I don't remember that at all and I don't see what bearing that would have on Kelly's actions.

1. Not Democrats, white Southerners all of whom switched parties and joined the Republicans.

2. That's easy. The Republican party has been courting racists since nominating segregationist Barry Goldwater to run for President back in 1964. That racism continued through Nixon's culture wars, Reagan's "young bucks", "welfare queens", and his "states' rights" speech in Philadelphia, MA, all the way to today and Trump's naked appeal to white supremacists and neo-nazis. Now it's your turn. How did the mainstream left and "PC culture" contribute to Trump's win?

What do you mean you don't see what bearing that would have on Kelly's actions? Wilson insulted him and he retorted trying to defame Wilson's character the same way she did to him.

1. That is such a myth. Herbert Hoover and Dwight Eisenhower won Southern States prior to 1960s. In addition, a vast majority of the Democrats who voted against the Civil Rights Act remained Democrats for the next 20 years. In fact Republicans didn't win a majority of the Southern congressional seats until 1994. If all white southerners switched parties and joined the Republicans then why didn't they win a majority until 30 years after the civil war?

2. I already told you how the mainstream left and the PC culture contributed to Trump's win.

Look at past couple elections, big figures and part of the left and the media kept on saying that Mccain, Romney, and Bush were bigots who waged war on women. All of those accusations were false and every time those accusations were made, not only did the terms "racist", "Sexist" and "bigot" lose their value, people get annoyed that anything thing can be misconstrued offensive. This what allows Trump thrive, where he can say what he want no holds barred and he will be viewed as the righteous leader of the anti PC culture. When he says something that is legitimately racist or sexist, the opposition has no power because the spent the last decade labeling other Republicans the same things that they are accusing Trump and his administration of.

I'm not denying that Trump's anti-PC culture campaign, and Reagan's or Nixon's campaign towards the Silent Majority didn't woo the likes of the alt right, white supremacists, and bigots. Any candidate the stands by freedom of speech is going to attract the likes of those people. However just because they might vote or go for Republicans doesn't make Republicans racists and saying so is only going to keep them in office.

The Future is Bright!
nixluva
USA
10/22/2017  8:52 PM

nixluva
USA
10/22/2017  9:03 PM
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
nixluva wrote:

What do you mean you don't see what bearing that would have on Kelly's actions? Wilson insulted him and he retorted trying to defame Wilson's character the same way she did to him.

1. That is such a myth. Herbert Hoover and Dwight Eisenhower won Southern States prior to 1960s. In addition, a vast majority of the Democrats who voted against the Civil Rights Act remained Democrats for the next 20 years. In fact Republicans didn't win a majority of the Southern congressional seats until 1994. If all white southerners switched parties and joined the Republicans then why didn't they win a majority until 30 years after the civil war?

2. I already told you how the mainstream left and the PC culture contributed to Trump's win.

Look at past couple elections, big figures and part of the left and the media kept on saying that Mccain, Romney, and Bush were bigots who waged war on women. All of those accusations were false and every time those accusations were made, not only did the terms "racist", "Sexist" and "bigot" lose their value, people get annoyed that anything thing can be misconstrued offensive. This what allows Trump thrive, where he can say what he want no holds barred and he will be viewed as the righteous leader of the anti PC culture. When he says something that is legitimately racist or sexist, the opposition has no power because the spent the last decade labeling other Republicans the same things that they are accusing Trump and his administration of.

I'm not denying that Trump's anti-PC culture campaign, and Reagan's or Nixon's campaign towards the Silent Majority didn't woo the likes of the alt right, white supremacists, and bigots. Any candidate the stands by freedom of speech is going to attract the likes of those people. However just because they might vote or go for Republicans doesn't make Republicans racists and saying so is only going to keep them in office.

I’m not quite following your position. Are you disputing the existence of the Southern Strategy and the use of Racial Dog Whistle politics on the part of the Modern Republican Party?

The truth is Dens and their voting constituents are more diverse and thus the sensitivity to inequality. Being PC is a response to the Nativist and often bigoted garbage coming from the Right. Does it go too far? Sure but there was a necessity for the strong reaction and some recalibration is to be expected. However, that doesn’t change the CAUSE for being protective of Minority Groups in the first place.

VCoug

10/22/2017  9:04 PM
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That's the biggest load of horse **** I've ever read. Trump, who has consistently talked about opening up libel laws, is a defender of free speech. The Republican party in general, the inventor of "free speech zones, is a defender of free speech. And white supremacists, despite what they actually say, support trump and other Republicans because of their stances on free speech and not because they make naked appeals to white supremacists.

TPercy

10/22/2017  11:10 PM
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I’m not quite following your position. Are you disputing the existence of the Southern Strategy and the use of Racial Dog Whistle politics on the part of the Modern Republican Party?

The truth is Dens and their voting constituents are more diverse and thus the sensitivity to inequality. Being PC is a response to the Nativist and often bigoted garbage coming from the Right. Does it go too far? Sure but there was a necessity for the strong reaction and some recalibration is to be expected. However, that doesn’t change the CAUSE for being protective of Minority Groups in the first place.

I'm not disputing the Southern Strategy. I'm disuputing the mythical effectiveness that people think it actually had.

I'm also not disputing that Being PC was well intentioned, but in the eyes of many today it has become blown out of proportion and that has contributed to Trump's election

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

10/22/2017  11:22 PM
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That's the biggest load of horse **** I've ever read. Trump, who has consistently talked about opening up libel laws, is a defender of free speech. The Republican party in general, the inventor of "free speech zones, is a defender of free speech. And white supremacists, despite what they actually say, support trump and other Republicans because of their stances on free speech and not because they make naked appeals to white supremacists.

Not Horse **** actually, just basic reasoning.
I'm not saying that Trump is the defender of free speech. Politics is all about perception and when you say a lot of bold comments in a supercharged PC culture, you are going to look like a defender of free speech. The thing is, white supremacists and those on the alt right love victimhood. They like to see themselves as the victims of an oppression structure made to silence their speech. Therefore it is no surprise that Trump, the anti establishment and anti PC character that he is, is going to look like their savior and will warrant their support even though the reality is far from that.

Also who told you that the Republican Party were the inventor of free speech zones? They were first used by the Democrats if I'm not mistaken.

The Future is Bright!
nixluva
USA
10/22/2017  11:30 PM
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I'm not disputing the Southern Strategy. I'm disuputing the mythical effectiveness that people think it actually had.

I'm also not disputing that Being PC was well intentioned, but in the eyes of many today it has become blown out of proportion and that has contributed to Trump's election

I think the problem isn’t whether it’s effective or not. The problem is the constant pushing of those Dog Whistles leads to more Divisive and Bigoted attitudes. After decades of that subliminal White Supremacy tripe they’ve created a group think that is actually THE REAL reason for TRUMP!!!

I believe you’ve bought into the same BS the Right has been pushing. White Male victimhood! The Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Levin, Breitbart etc. they push a steady stream of crap to make White people and religious conservatives feel like they’re being attacked and persecuted. It’s all Culture War, all the time. Trump is their Avatar and Messiah.

izybx
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1178
USA
10/22/2017  11:33 PM
Only people who I see obsessed with race are liberals. They can't stop talking about it. Yet somehow Trump voters are the white supremacists! Two years ago they were just called Republicans smh
Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
TPercy

10/22/2017  11:47 PM
@nixluva
The problem is the constant pushing of those Dog Whistles leads to more Divisive and Bigoted attitudes. After decades of that subliminal White Supremacy tripe they’ve created a group think that is actually THE REAL reason for TRUMP!!!

These bigoted people have been here since the signing of the Decleration. The Republican Party didn't create any more divisive and bigoted attitudes with this Southern Strategy and the stats show that the strategy that the RNC official did wasn't effective nor was it exlusive to the Republican Party. To say that the Republican Party created a new group of people literrarly decades after the Civil RIghts Act assumes that they're more racist attitudes now than there were back then which would be categorically false.

This charged PC culture isn't a myth. For Christ sakes Maxine Walters and Wilson accused Kelly of racism for the term "empty barrel". I was very pissed off at this and on the brink of embarrasement after hearing that. To hear those words from an of age black woman is scary to me because it really takes away from what actual racism is.

The Future is Bright!
nixluva
USA
10/23/2017  12:06 AM
TPercy wrote:@nixluva
The problem is the constant pushing of those Dog Whistles leads to more Divisive and Bigoted attitudes. After decades of that subliminal White Supremacy tripe they’ve created a group think that is actually THE REAL reason for TRUMP!!!

These bigoted people have been here since the signing of the Decleration. The Republican Party didn't create any more divisive and bigoted attitudes with this Southern Strategy and the stats show that the strategy that the RNC official did wasn't effective nor was it exlusive to the Republican Party. To say that the Republican Party created a new group of people literrarly decades after the Civil RIghts Act assumes that they're more racist attitudes now than there were back then which would be categorically false.

This charged PC culture isn't a myth. For Christ sakes Maxine Walters and Wilson accused Kelly of racism for the term "empty barrel". I was very pissed off at this and on the brink of embarrasement after hearing that. To hear those words from an of age black woman is scary to me because it really takes away from what actual racism is.

You are perhaps missing the points being made. The fact is a steady diet of Racist and Bigoted views plays on the inherent biases and tribalism that is out there RATHER than helping those people to understand the folly of that kind of thinking.

On the other side is a larger group of DIVERSE people who aren’t trying to make themselves feel better by DEGRADING minority groups.

I’m really amazed that you seem to think Maxine Waters and Frederica Wilson are in the wrong for taking offense to what Kelly said. Doesn’t matter if Empty Barrell is a Racial Slur or not. If someone is yelling at you in a foreign language and sneering in disgust. You know what they MEAN and how they feel about you without speaking their language.

Kelly was Wrong! Period. He trashed Rep. Wilson and should’ve apologized. PERIOD! Also I’m shocked that you would think Rep. Waters and Rep. Wilson wouldn’t know EXACTLY what real racism is. Come on Bruh. They’ve lived it.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/23/2017  12:28 AM
nixluva wrote:

You are perhaps missing the points being made. The fact is a steady diet of Racist and Bigoted views plays on the inherent biases and tribalism that is out there RATHER than helping those people to understand the folly of that kind of thinking.

On the other side is a larger group of DIVERSE people who aren’t trying to make themselves feel better by DEGRADING minority groups.

I’m really amazed that you seem to think Maxine Waters and Frederica Wilson are in the wrong for taking offense to what Kelly said. Doesn’t matter if Empty Barrell is a Racial Slur or not. If someone is yelling at you in a foreign language and sneering in disgust. You know what they MEAN and how they feel about you without speaking their language.

Kelly was Wrong! Period. He trashed Rep. Wilson and should’ve apologized. PERIOD! Also I’m shocked that you would think Rep. Waters and Rep. Wilson wouldn’t know EXACTLY what real racism is. Come on Bruh. They’ve lived it.

When racist or sexist labels are hanged on every person who has opposite political views this loaded terms are losing the important meaning they carry.
They are getting perceived by majority of public as another weapon in political or personal confrontation.
If country had hundreds of millions racists and sexists nobody cares anymore if this is right or wrong... which is really sad.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
USA
10/23/2017  1:33 AM
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:

When racist or sexist labels are hanged on every person who has opposite political views this loaded terms are losing the important meaning they carry.
They are getting perceived by majority of public as another weapon in political or personal confrontation.
If country had hundreds of millions racists and sexists nobody cares anymore if this is right or wrong... which is really sad.

No matter what you might think there’s varying degrees of prejudice and Bigotry! There are vast areas of this country that are highly Caucasian and not diverse. It’s not that unreasonable to understand that views about Non White Americans might be racist. These mostly White communities don’t provide the information or context you get in DIVERSE parts of the country. Add in the Fox News Bubble feeding racist Dog Whistles and you get this

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy