[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/16/2017  5:33 PM
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
USA
10/16/2017  9:20 PM
nixluva
USA
10/16/2017  10:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/16/2017  10:17 PM

nixluva
USA
10/17/2017  12:44 AM
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/17/2017  3:38 AM
nixluva wrote:

What a sleaze. Do any of his supporters actually buy his pretences to be concerned about religion and religious values?

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

10/17/2017  3:58 AM
TPercy wrote:Also we throw around the term sexual assault way too losely. For sexual assault to be true there must be coercion and there is zero hard evidence of that. What he described on those tapes was sexual misconduct which is still morally awful but far from sexual assault. Truth matters and Trump isn't on the same wavelength as Harvey.( though I wouldn't be surprised if there is more evidence yet to surface of trump admitting to sexual assault)

Sexual misconduct it's what he initiated. Sexual assault is what the victim received. If it is was reciprocal on their part maybe it is labeled or termed different if not then this MFer in my opinion committed a crime,

In my early days I worked for a CEO that could be Trumps twin with disgusting behavior to women...the company covered it up until he went to a company dinner got drunk cursed out an employee he was having an affair with and choked her in front of everyone. After that gave him a golden parachute and a consultant gig.

smackeddog
10/17/2017  10:37 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:
TPercy wrote:Also we throw around the term sexual assault way too losely. For sexual assault to be true there must be coercion and there is zero hard evidence of that. What he described on those tapes was sexual misconduct which is still morally awful but far from sexual assault. Truth matters and Trump isn't on the same wavelength as Harvey.( though I wouldn't be surprised if there is more evidence yet to surface of trump admitting to sexual assault)

Sexual misconduct it's what he initiated. Sexual assault is what the victim received. If it is was reciprocal on their part maybe it is labeled or termed different if not then this MFer in my opinion committed a crime,

In my early days I worked for a CEO that could be Trumps twin with disgusting behavior to women...the company covered it up until he went to a company dinner got drunk cursed out an employee he was having an affair with and choked her in front of everyone. After that gave him a golden parachute and a consultant gig.

I hate that he got money and a cushy job, not really a punishment. Did the employee get compensation?

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

10/17/2017  12:26 PM
smackeddog wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:

I hate that he got money and a cushy job, not really a punishment. Did the employee get compensation?

The employee got nothing(at least that I know of) but what it did was open the floodgates and another person ended up filing a case with the EEOC and getting paid.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/17/2017  2:48 PM
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/10/after_trump_closed_white_house_doors_to_nba_champi.html

LETS GO KNICKS!!!

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/17/2017  10:57 PM
Kind of off topic within the off topic thread. But Female actresses have been speaking out one after another on their sexual exploitation within Hollywood as of late. Seems we are heading to an era where we shine a light on all these issues of abuse of power.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
USA
10/17/2017  11:18 PM
Trump has no idea how to console!!!

nixluva
USA
10/17/2017  11:55 PM
smackeddog
10/18/2017  1:17 AM
nixluva wrote:Trump has no idea how to console!!!

Like I said he has psychopathic tenancies, so he has no empathy for others - when he does console others it's for his own benefit so he looks good, not out of genuine concern for them

nixluva
USA
10/18/2017  1:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2017  1:59 AM

Trump is a horribly divisive President! America has historically had massive White Backlash after Reconstruction following the Civil War, Civil Rights laws and now after Obama! Trump played on this and further split the country.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/18/2017  3:21 PM
Are Harvey Weinstein and Donald Trump the Same Person?
http://variety.com/2017/film/columns/harvey-weinstein-trump-same-person-1202593141/
nixluva
USA
10/19/2017  11:53 AM
Knickoftime

10/19/2017  12:02 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Kind of off topic within the off topic thread. But Female actresses have been speaking out one after another on their sexual exploitation within Hollywood as of late. Seems we are heading to an era where we shine a light on all these issues of abuse of power.

But we're staying in the dark at ultimate Knicks.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/19/2017  12:35 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Kind of off topic within the off topic thread. But Female actresses have been speaking out one after another on their sexual exploitation within Hollywood as of late. Seems we are heading to an era where we shine a light on all these issues of abuse of power.

But we're staying in the dark at ultimate Knicks.

This comment would hold more weight if a forum member accused another forum member of sexual assaulting them or visually saw them sexually assaulting someone else....

These women are coming out with detailed personal experiences of inappropriate behavior toward them.

I can only offer my opinion. I can see the argument made for both sides. I apologize but i'm not clever enough to know the correct resolution based off the information available.

I think sexual assault is a very serious offense which is why I am not willing accuse or label someone that way easily. I laid out the reasons earlier that form my logic. If I was as convinced as you that those actions were committed I would have no problem joining you in your fight.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knickoftime

10/19/2017  2:39 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:I think sexual assault is a very serious offense which is why I am not willing accuse or label someone that way easily. I laid out the reasons earlier that form my logic. If I was as convinced as you that those actions were committed I would have no problem joining you in your fight.

I'm not either. I haven't accused anybody. I've simply believed an unsolicited admission.

There is no ambiguity in what was posted. There is no ambiguity that this person added that any man who didn't also admit to this was lying. There was ample opportunity to retract, amend, or explain the admission, and the opportunity wasn't taken.

This person hasn't even asked for the benefit of the doubt, but people people are volunteering to offer it anyway.

In my mind, this is part of the problem you identify. Psychologically, our discomfort with the issue makes us put up barriers to except that it occurs in polite society, to the point where like right here and right now, we're finding ways to excuse something that was perfectly plain, even when the person shows no signs they think they require an excuse.

It's frankly bizarre and troubling.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/19/2017  4:17 PM
I'm not used to saying this, but very well said by President Bush...who knew I would miss this man being in office?

In a rare public speech on Thursday, former President George W. Bush blasted the state of discourse that has marked President Trump’s first nine months in office.
“Bigotry seems emboldened,” Bush said in his opening remarks at the Bush Institute’s Spirit of Liberty event in New York City. “Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication.”

“We’ve seen our discourse degraded by casual cruelty,” the former president continued. “At times, it could seem like the forces pulling us apart are stronger than the forces binding us together. Argument turns too easily into animosity. Disagreement escalates into dehumanization.”

We’ve seen nationalism distorted into nativism,” Bush said, warning that “bigotry or white supremacy in any form is blasphemy against the American creed.”
He continued: “Bullying and prejudice in our public life sets a national tone, provides permission for cruelty and bigotry, and compromises the moral education of children. The only way to pass along civic values is to first live up to them.”

“We’ve seen the return of isolationist sentiments,” Bush said, “forgetting that American security is directly threatened by the chaos and despair of distant places, where threats such as terrorism, infectious disease, criminal gangs and drug trafficking can reemerge.”

The former president then unveiled a “call to action,” outlining five recommendations for restoring “America’s identity.” Among them: confronting Russia’s interference in the U.S. election.

“According to our intelligence services, the Russian government has made a project of turning Americans against each other,” Bush said. “This effort is broad, systemic and stealthy. It’s conducted across a range of social media platforms. Ultimately, this assault won’t succeed. But foreign aggressions, including cyberattacks, disinformation and financial influence, should never be downplayed or tolerated.”

Bush also said the United States must engage with world leaders on the international stage.

“We cannot wish globalization away,” he said.

Finally, Bush said, elected officials must project “cultural and moral leadership” in order to combat “a crisis of confidence.”

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy