[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

10/2/2017  8:15 PM
You know, there's a good chance that this heinous gunman was a leftist Trump-hating wing nut, possibly Antifa. I just wanted to prepare you for that possibility. The hate on the left is real and very dangerous.
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/2/2017  8:23 PM
reub wrote:You know, there's a good chance that this heinous gunman was a leftist Trump-hating wing nut, possibly Antifa. I just wanted to prepare you for that possibility.

Sure, that's possible.

The hate on the left is real and very dangerous.

That gives it something in common with the hate from the right, correct? Or do you have an akternative view?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/2/2017  8:25 PM
reub wrote:You know, there's a good chance that this heinous gunman was a leftist Trump-hating wing nut, possibly Antifa. I just wanted to prepare you for that possibility. The hate on the left is real and very dangerous.

When you say there's a "good chance" the gunman was a Leftist that is statistically false!!! Not that it matters cuz violence is wrong but the numbers clearly show that Right Wing Extremists have been responsible for far more violence than Left Wing Extremists.

In any event the problem is GUNS PERIOD. Those who would use them to commit atrocities have way too much access and the Gun Culture in America is perverse and disgusting. It's not noble as the NRA wants to paint it.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/2/2017  8:32 PM
reub wrote:You know, there's a good chance that this heinous gunman was a leftist Trump-hating wing nut, possibly Antifa. I just wanted to prepare you for that possibility. The hate on the left is real and very dangerous.

lol. hoping for a "gotcha!" moment?

left/right...it doesn't matter. the word terrorist was not uttered once anywhere.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/2/2017  8:37 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
reub wrote:You know, there's a good chance that this heinous gunman was a leftist Trump-hating wing nut, possibly Antifa. I just wanted to prepare you for that possibility.

Sure, that's possible.

The hate on the left is real and very dangerous.

That gives it something in common with the hate from the right, correct? Or do you have an akternative view?

Right Wing fake news is working overtime. This fellow is almost fighting a one man battle against the lies coming from the right.

Check out the 4chan tweet.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/2/2017  8:53 PM

Seriously man, this is what you have to offer on this topic? If you have nothing more to offer please move on to just the Knicks stuff. Thanks.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/2/2017  9:17 PM
markvmc wrote:
TheGame wrote:I will try to say this as respectfully as I can. The fact that shooter is white is irrelevant. This was a horrible act. However, I think people may have mentioned that he was white to illustrate how prejudices work in this country. If the shooter had been black, he would have instantly been tied to black lives matter or NFL protesters. If he had been Muslim, then he would have automatically been a member of ISIS. But since he is white, he is just some white guy who snapped. Only white people have the freedom to not have every negative thing committed by a member of their race be automatically transferred to the other members of their race as a stereotype. BRIGGS was a great sample of this as he would post YouTube videos of AAs committing a crime as some generalized support for his argument that ALL black people do those acts. Nixluva showed a graph a few days ago showing that the vast majority of this country has no real meaningful interaction with AAs, so all of their views of the AA community are shaped by FOX news. If the only images you are shown are AAs commiting crimes then you come to believe that is all AAs do.

Great post. Very well said.

Agreed.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
USA
10/2/2017  9:56 PM
As the country mourns the deaths in Vegas more Shoes continued to drop regarding the Trump Campaign-Administration and Russia 🇷🇺

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/trumps-company-had-more-contact-with-russia-during-campaign-according-to-documents-turned-over-to-investigators/2017/10/02/2091fe5e-a6c0-11e7-850e-2bdd1236be5d_story.html

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/2/2017  11:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/2/2017  11:14 PM

Reub, you really have issues. Why is there a "good chance" he is a leftist trump-hating wing nut? And, even if he were, so what? The guy acted alone. You are so focused on trying to make democrats the "enemy" that you come up with these absurb arguments straight from Fox News. I looked at their site today and all the comments were like you. Must me a leftist, "the civil war is starting". Only someone wanting to fight finds reasons for a fight in everything that happens. There is no Left conspiracy and stop acting like anyone who does not worship Trump is evil.

Trust the Process
reub

10/2/2017  11:25 PM
There are pictures purportedly of the killer at anti-Trump rallies. They could be photoshopped or another person but we'll see.
reub

10/2/2017  11:26 PM
So did Briggs get banned or not?
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/2/2017  11:53 PM
reub wrote:There are pictures purportedly of the killer at anti-Trump rallies. They could be photoshopped or another person but we'll see.

I'll ask again since the other day you were complaining about a lack of dialogue.

Do you believe the fringe left is more angry or violent than the fringe right?

martin
USA
10/2/2017  11:59 PM
reub wrote:There are pictures purportedly of the killer at anti-Trump rallies. They could be photoshopped or another person but we'll see.

reub, this is not how we are going to do this.

If you have something to add, please do. Use some link and relevant sources. The above is gibberish.

Otherwise please do move on from this type of thread.

martin
USA
10/3/2017  12:02 AM
reub wrote:So did Briggs get banned or not?

I did lock BRIGGS. He had plenty of chances to participate in a meaningful way and chose not to. Asked to him to move on to the Knicks stuff, take it offline, respond in kind, none were taken up by him. I don't waste time after that.

nixluva
USA
10/3/2017  12:17 AM
I clicked on a Thread on Twitter and ended up among a bunch of Gun Advocates and boy just reading the comments it's clear there's practically no way we can ever fix this Gun Violence issue.

They've got a answer for everything reasonable that we might do to cut down on Gun deaths. Some of the same kind of things Trump and his people say. The usual mention of Chicago having Tough Gun laws and they still have violence or the Gun used wouldn't be banned. Basically many said we need more people Armed to solve the problem.

In any event this is not going to change. I have to say it makes me sad to realize that this is just going to continue. As some have said once we did nothing after 20 children were massacred then the fight was over cuz you can't get worse than that and we did nothing.

nixluva
USA
10/3/2017  12:51 AM
The hypocrisy of these people knows no bounds.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/3/2017  6:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  12:11 PM

I am a leftist and a Trump hater, so you seem to be making out that if this gunman was leftwing, I would somehow be to blame. So if he turns out to be rightwing does that mean you're to blame too? How bizarre.

I'm a real threat to society with my beliefs in equality and social justice- I'm a vegetarian, I've never harmed anyone in my life and I work for support charities as a counselor/psychotherapists to children aged 10 and up, and also as a counselor/psychotherapist for children and adults whose lives are affected by cancer. I hate Trump because he is racist, misogynistic and a real dick. He's a con man who'll make himself and his family richer. He's a compulsive liar. He's a bully. He seems to be okay with nuking people. he's destroying attempts to save the environment, so threatens the lives of our children and grandchildren. But yes, I'm the dangerous one, not Trump.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/3/2017  11:38 AM
reub wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TheGame wrote:I will try to say this as respectfully as I can. The fact that shooter is white is irrelevant. This was a horrible act. However, I think people may have mentioned that he was white to illustrate how prejudices work in this country. If the shooter had been black, he would have instantly been tied to black lives matter or NFL protesters. If he had been Muslim, then he would have automatically been a member of ISIS. But since he is white, he is just some white guy who snapped. Only white people have the freedom to not have every negative thing committed by a member of their race be automatically transferred to the other members of their race as a stereotype. BRIGGS was a great sample of this as he would post YouTube videos of AAs committing a crime as some generalized support for his argument that ALL black people do those acts. Nixluva showed a graph a few days ago showing that the vast majority of this country has no real meaningful interaction with AAs, so all of their views of the AA community are shaped by FOX news. If the only images you are shown are AAs commiting crimes then you come to believe that is all AAs do.

America breeds more hypocrite's than any other nation in the world

Then why are you here?

Because everyone has flaws, some admit that they do, others are in denial and try to mask them. No matter where you go, you going to have to deal with some sht your not down for.

People will always have different views an opinions, and it's been like that well before we got here, and well after. That's never ever going to change, you learn to take the good with the bad, there's a give and take with all things successful..

ES
nixluva
USA
10/3/2017  11:41 AM

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/3/2017  12:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  1:53 PM
nixluva wrote:

I think this puts things in perspective as to what really is behind the gun control issue, for many, in this country

Statistics for yesterday:

59 innocent people killed. 527 plus injured.
ONE person with 23 GUNS.

EVERY GUN STOCK UP ON NEWS.

Think we need a 28th Amendment to the constitution to address the biggest problem...GREED!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy