[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

10/1/2017  9:45 PM
Say what you want, Trump is a class act...and understands the meaning of tact better than anyone...and no amount of "big water" is going to keep him from his golf.

Yup.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/1/2017  11:01 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
arkrud wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
reub wrote:
TheGame wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
arkrud wrote:But I personally new a lot of Americans who are very seriously offended by this while being very supportive and emphatical to minorities problems.

I think it's perfectly fair to question a commitment/engagement to the latter if it's exceeded by the former.

As explained to you many times already, the next time someone comes up with a tidy form of protest that makes everyone feel good and comfortable will be the first time someone comes up with a tidy form of protest that makes everyone feel good and comfortable.

Now they feel betrayed and disengaged.

Yes, because their feelings is really what's important here.

Also what you will say if some players will come waiving confederate flag? Do they have a right to have their point presented loud and clear on very popular platform?

Of course.

Your ridiculous false equivalency aside for a moment, did you expect any other answer?

I other words making people uncomfortable is a great way to make them help you course.
More you divide people more great results you will achieve.
More escalation is better.
Good luck man to get anything you want to achieve in life.
All of the above will help you greatly.

Its been said 1 millions times that the protest isn't about the flag or about disrespecting the military etc etc etc. So if ppl are offended over kneeling its because they choose to. If people want to ignore that its not about the flag or military etc. And want to ignore what causes ppl to even protest these things in the forst place then so be it.

If these issues were dealt with and taken seriously over the many years they have been an issue then there wouldnt be these protest.

The real issue is that people either don't believe or don't care about police brutality against minorities, so in their minds the players are kneeling over nothing. but they don't want to just admit that, so they shift it to make it about disrespecting the flag, etc. trump is just a despicable person for hyping this issue. The man literally critized John McCain and said he was not a war hero because he got captured but now he is so offended about people kneeling.

If we're going to kneel about things in their order of importance then why not kneel over all of the black on black murders in this country? That happens a LOT more than the intentional police murders of black people. I hesitate to go here because I know that the name calling and bans will start. I prefer to just discuss hoops but I just wanted to say this this one time. Will I be banned now or later?

You understand that you would be hopding officers to the same standards of murders?

We should protest murders as if they have a social awareness?

We have to protest against all murders, rapes, and other violence against anyone and by anyone, police officers not being any kind of exception.
The whole debate is build on perception that police officers (mostly white) are specifically inclined to kill black unarmed people because they are racists and white supremacists.
I think this very loaded perception and so far I cannot see anything of this kind proven in court of law.
I believe in the order build on law not on lynching people based on perception.

No the protest is that after the wrongfully murdering A human being while being caught on camera doing it. They still We re able to get paid leave while facing no conviction.

Frankly I am tired of spelling it out. Address why African Americans get charged more severe with the same charges and background history,

I am not aware about all consequence presented in court room so cannot comment on this specific case.
I made a choice to accept all decisions of the US courts not because they are all correct but because I do not see any better way to have a stable modern society.
The fact that African Americans get charged more severe with the same charges and background history need to be addressed.
Is this how it was in the past, recent past, or right now? Do you have the statistics for recent 5-10 years?
Will be interesting to see the trend and if it is changing same way as killing of unarmed black man recently.
In general to have this issues addresses we need cold-headed factual dialog and I am sure we will eradicate this inequalities same as we did many more already.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
USA
10/1/2017  11:03 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
arkrud wrote:I consider this way of protesting counterproductive, you consider it the best way to protest.

I never wrote or implied that. Where did you pull that out from?

OK... Bad wording. You consider this way of protecting efficient.
What you consider a better way to protest?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
USA
10/1/2017  11:08 PM
djsunyc wrote:ok - so now nfl players are kneeling before the anthem is played and everyone is still booing them. so i have to ask, was it ever really about the anthem?

Not of course.
So why anthem was dragged in?
Mixing things not always working.
Sometimes you get nice perfume, but other times it stinks like sht.
So it is safer keep the thing separate and clean.

arkrud
USA
10/1/2017  11:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/1/2017  11:12 PM
nixluva wrote:
reub wrote:People here are really calling the President of the United States a "fat ****"? Disgusting. I won't be back in this thread.

Who said that? I don't recall seeing that. It can't be something that was said a lot. Most of the comments have been substantive.

This post was deleted... Somebody get carried away.
When hate is concentrated it stated playing tricks with people mind.
Very dangerous thing.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/1/2017  11:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/1/2017  11:27 PM
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
reub wrote:People here are really calling the President of the United States a "fat ****"? Disgusting. I won't be back in this thread.

Who said that? I don't recall seeing that. It can't be something that was said a lot. Most of the comments have been substantive.

Very dangerous thing.

I don't condone name calling of anyone. Even though, I will say that the President has no problem calling everyone else name so I fail to see why we cannot do the same to him. I have more clas than Trump and will not follow his antics but reub is so offended about some calling trump a name. I wonder was he offended about the time trump made fun of a disabied reporter, are call black athletes sob insulting their mothers, or the numerous times he's called people ugly or stupid or dumb, etc. none of his supports seem to have a problem with anything he does but god forbid you criticize him and it's "but he is the president and you should respect the president." Respect is earned not given.

Trust the Process
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/1/2017  11:44 PM
TheGame wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Very dangerous thing.

I don't condone name calling of anyone. Even though, I will say that the President has no problem calling everyone else name so I fail to see why we cannot do the same to him. I have more clas than Trump and will not follow his antics but reub is so offended about some calling trump a name. I wonder was he offended about the time trump made fun of a disabied reporter, are call black athletes sob insulting their mothers, or the numerous times he's called people ugly or stupid or dumb, etc. none of his supports seem to have a problem with anything he does but god forbid you criticize him and it's "but he is the president and you should respect the president." Respect is earned not given.

Yup.

I have NEVER seen a person who shows less public respect for other humans than Trump. He deserves any name-calling directed his way. I am simply unable to comprehend where this idiot is coming from...he's like a 6th grader in his vocabulary, AND how he deals with people he doesn't like.

Embarrassing to be an Amerian these days.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/1/2017  11:48 PM
Nero was fiddling when Rome was burning.
Trump was golfing when Puerto Rico was drowning.

Rome is where democracy was created.
America is where democracy is being destroyed.

The irony of it all.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/2/2017  12:35 AM
i called him a fat f ck.

grabbing pu$$y and being racist is ok now so i can call him a fat f ck.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/2/2017  1:41 AM
arkrud wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
arkrud wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
reub wrote:
TheGame wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
arkrud wrote:But I personally new a lot of Americans who are very seriously offended by this while being very supportive and emphatical to minorities problems.

I think it's perfectly fair to question a commitment/engagement to the latter if it's exceeded by the former.

As explained to you many times already, the next time someone comes up with a tidy form of protest that makes everyone feel good and comfortable will be the first time someone comes up with a tidy form of protest that makes everyone feel good and comfortable.

Also what you will say if some players will come waiving confederate flag? Do they have a right to have their point presented loud and clear on very popular platform?

Of course.

Your ridiculous false equivalency aside for a moment, did you expect any other answer?

I other words making people uncomfortable is a great way to make them help you course.

Its been said 1 millions times that the protest isn't about the flag or about disrespecting the military etc etc etc. So if ppl are offended over kneeling its because they choose to. If people want to ignore that its not about the flag or military etc. And want to ignore what causes ppl to even protest these things in the forst place then so be it.

If these issues were dealt with and taken seriously over the many years they have been an issue then there wouldnt be these protest.

The real issue is that people either don't believe or don't care about police brutality against minorities, so in their minds the players are kneeling over nothing. but they don't want to just admit that, so they shift it to make it about disrespecting the flag, etc. trump is just a despicable person for hyping this issue. The man literally critized John McCain and said he was not a war hero because he got captured but now he is so offended about people kneeling.

If we're going to kneel about things in their order of importance then why not kneel over all of the black on black murders in this country? That happens a LOT more than the intentional police murders of black people. I hesitate to go here because I know that the name calling and bans will start. I prefer to just discuss hoops but I just wanted to say this this one time. Will I be banned now or later?

You understand that you would be hopding officers to the same standards of murders?

We have to protest against all murders, rapes, and other violence against anyone and by anyone, police officers not being any kind of exception.
The whole debate is build on perception that police officers (mostly white) are specifically inclined to kill black unarmed people because they are racists and white supremacists.
I think this very loaded perception and so far I cannot see anything of this kind proven in court of law.

No the protest is that after the wrongfully murdering A human being while being caught on camera doing it. They still We re able to get paid leave while facing no conviction.

Frankly I am tired of spelling it out. Address why African Americans get charged more severe with the same charges and background history,

I am not aware about all consequence presented in court room so cannot comment on this specific case.
I made a choice to accept all decisions of the US courts not because they are all correct but because I do not see any better way to have a stable modern society.
The fact that African Americans get charged more severe with the same charges and background history need to be addressed.
Is this how it was in the past, recent past, or right now? Do you have the statistics for recent 5-10 years?
Will be interesting to see the trend and if it is changing same way as killing of unarmed black man recently.
In general to have this issues addresses we need cold-headed factual dialog and I am sure we will eradicate this inequalities same as we did many more already.

When you speak on American Societal issues it's so obvious that you lack any historical perspective and because of this your ideas are IMO quite naive. These issues go back hundreds of years.

This country fought a Civil War due to the refusal of a large portion of the country to accept change. Several Presidents had to use ARMED FORCES in order to enforce the rights of AA's. There was a period of wanton Terrorism and Murder to stop AA's from voting. I could go on but understand that MANY of the people who believed in White Supremacy during those times are still ALIVE and many of the children of those people were raised instilled with that thinking. Every facet of this society was built upon this original sin.

You have to constantly keep this in mind when you ask questions of why or offer up what you think should be the way to solve these problems. It's clear that you seem to think these FACTS are irrelevant or not as impactful as they actually are. White Supremacy is at the heart of this country's current problems along with the issues of class.

Down here there exist very Old Social Clubs and Churches that are still segregated. In these White Social Clubs and Churches Meetings are held without any Minorities present as they have always been. Those people still own the factories and companies that back the politicians and run the towns throughout this country. This is how the system is maintained. It's not obvious to many Americans going about their daily lives but it's always been there and still is at work today. Trump is a part of that continuum.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/2/2017  2:38 AM
arkrud
USA
10/2/2017  8:18 AM
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
arkrud wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
reub wrote:
TheGame wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Of course.

When you speak on American Societal issues it's so obvious that you lack any historical perspective and because of this your ideas are IMO quite naive. These issues go back hundreds of years.

This country fought a Civil War due to the refusal of a large portion of the country to accept change. Several Presidents had to use ARMED FORCES in order to enforce the rights of AA's. There was a period of wanton Terrorism and Murder to stop AA's from voting. I could go on but understand that MANY of the people who believed in White Supremacy during those times are still ALIVE and many of the children of those people were raised instilled with that thinking. Every facet of this society was built upon this original sin.

You have to constantly keep this in mind when you ask questions of why or offer up what you think should be the way to solve these problems. It's clear that you seem to think these FACTS are irrelevant or not as impactful as they actually are. White Supremacy is at the heart of this country's current problems along with the issues of class.

Down here there exist very Old Social Clubs and Churches that are still segregated. In these White Social Clubs and Churches Meetings are held without any Minorities present as they have always been. Those people still own the factories and companies that back the politicians and run the towns throughout this country. This is how the system is maintained. It's not obvious to many Americans going about their daily lives but it's always been there and still is at work today. Trump is a part of that continuum.

Sometimes I think that you are a robot who repeated specific recording when certain keywords are mentioned.
And the recording is correct and true.
However I am not sure how you reply has anything to do with my questions and subject of conversation?

arkrud
USA
10/2/2017  8:22 AM
djsunyc wrote:i called him a fat f ck.

If someone shoot 50 people is it OK to shoot somebody too?
If one being a jerk being OK for other to be same?... God help us all.

djsunyc
10/2/2017  8:33 AM
arkrud wrote:

are you trying to equate the 2? get some grip on reality.

btw, radical white terrorist attack in vegas. worst mass shooting in history. i wonder if the word terrorist willbe used? especially if he is a christian. lets also make it eaaier for more folks to get guns while we are at it. as well as silencers.

djsunyc
10/2/2017  9:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/2/2017  9:33 AM
how the US media + politicians handle terror attacks:

1. muslim = terrorist
2. blacks = thugs
3. whites = mentally ill

just a good guy that's going through some problems is probably the reasoning with this one.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/2/2017  9:56 AM
This is all so sad. Makes me want to take the blue pill.

Hopefully thats what the Knicks will be for us this season.

arkrud
USA
10/2/2017  10:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/2/2017  10:24 AM
djsunyc wrote:
arkrud wrote:

btw, radical white terrorist attack in vegas. worst mass shooting in history. i wonder if the word terrorist willbe used? especially if he is a christian. lets also make it eaaier for more folks to get guns while we are at it. as well as silencers.

Psycho killed many people.
Leave the dead alone - this is not political issue.
Nothing in what happened should be used to prove any political, racial, or religions points.
Unless someone is sick psycho himself.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/2/2017  10:36 AM
arkrud wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Nothing in what happened should be used to prove any political, racial, or religions points.

akrud, I don't know if there is a language barrier or level of understanding to exactly what you are stating or what others are stating but I would ask that you read and more carefully construct your statements.

Calling someone fat or a fat ****, while certainly very colorful and perhaps - and I don't even have the right phrase for it - guttural language(?), you somehow equated that to killing. It's not the same level. Don't go there.

And by some weird association you also just labeled djsu a sick psycho in your next reply. Did you mean that? And why can't dj talk about how we have used the word "terrorist" in the media and the like? Why would he or anyone, and why particularly would you, call someone a sick psycho?

Whether intentional or not, you just dropped the conversation. Please refrain.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
arkrud
USA
10/2/2017  10:44 AM
martin wrote:
arkrud wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
arkrud wrote:

akrud, I don't know if there is a language barrier or level of understanding to exactly what you are stating or what others are stating but I would ask that you read and more carefully construct your statements.

Calling someone fat or a fat ****, while certainly very colorful and perhaps - and I don't even have the right phrase for it - guttural language(?), you somehow equated that to killing. It's not the same level. Don't go there.

And by some weird association you also just labeled djsu a sick psycho in your next reply. Did you mean that? And why can't dj talk about how we have used the word "terrorist" in the media and the like? Why would he or anyone, and why particularly would you, call someone a sick psycho?

I stated that someone who will use this kind of event to prove any political, racial, or religions points is in my opinion sick psycho.
I never called anyone specifically. There is no need for this. It is self evident for any normal person not blinded with hate.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/2/2017  10:51 AM
arkrud wrote:
martin wrote:
arkrud wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
arkrud wrote:

I stated that someone who will use this kind of event to prove any political, racial, or religions points is in my opinion sick psycho.
I never called anyone specifically. There is no need for this. It is self evident for any normal person not blinded with hate.

And yet that's how I read it, and I'm sure many others may have as well. It was not self evident in the context of what dj had written about using the phrase terrorism and the post your replied to in general.

Mostly speaking, I glaze over what you write because it's all over the place and half the things you say don't make sense and aren't even pertinent to what you reply to.

I am asking you to be more clear.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy