[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/1/2017  4:49 PM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:What choice do I have to conclude otherwise?

He's incapable of participating in a discussion on the discussion forum. He's incapable of being part of a community in an online community. He regularly says bat-**** crazy things. He tells black people they've never experienced racism. He advocates genocide. He advocates sexual assault and accuses every male member of the form of having committed it. None of this is exaggeration, none of this is colored through a politically partisan lens.

You've previously asked what can you do about it. I think that answer is obvious. The message I receive is that a choice is being made. So I'll ask outright, what don't I do understand about the decision made?

Or...

Why is the discourse better with him than without him?

People say stupid, disgraceful, repugnant, false, overly emotional, misleading (whether on purpose or not) things all the time, I am understanding of that. As a community, I am expecting people to respond to it accordingly. I am not here to read and respond to everything, just set up and help form a structure. We do have a path to asking people to move on, not perfect, never will be, some times slow, some times very quick.

I have not asked what I can do about it. I will however ask everyone to help us out.

For months people have been responding to Briggs substantively, and little by little it's gotten him to expose who he really is. I think the community has done its part. Now we're asking you to help us out and show us all there is a minimum standard for discourse.

AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/1/2017  4:53 PM
reub wrote:
TheGame wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
arkrud wrote:But I personally new a lot of Americans who are very seriously offended by this while being very supportive and emphatical to minorities problems.

I think it's perfectly fair to question a commitment/engagement to the latter if it's exceeded by the former.

As explained to you many times already, the next time someone comes up with a tidy form of protest that makes everyone feel good and comfortable will be the first time someone comes up with a tidy form of protest that makes everyone feel good and comfortable.

Now they feel betrayed and disengaged.

Yes, because their feelings is really what's important here.

Also what you will say if some players will come waiving confederate flag? Do they have a right to have their point presented loud and clear on very popular platform?

Of course.

Your ridiculous false equivalency aside for a moment, did you expect any other answer?

I other words making people uncomfortable is a great way to make them help you course.
More you divide people more great results you will achieve.
More escalation is better.
Good luck man to get anything you want to achieve in life.
All of the above will help you greatly.

Its been said 1 millions times that the protest isn't about the flag or about disrespecting the military etc etc etc. So if ppl are offended over kneeling its because they choose to. If people want to ignore that its not about the flag or military etc. And want to ignore what causes ppl to even protest these things in the forst place then so be it.

If these issues were dealt with and taken seriously over the many years they have been an issue then there wouldnt be these protest.

The real issue is that people either don't believe or don't care about police brutality against minorities, so in their minds the players are kneeling over nothing. but they don't want to just admit that, so they shift it to make it about disrespecting the flag, etc. trump is just a despicable person for hyping this issue. The man literally critized John McCain and said he was not a war hero because he got captured but now he is so offended about people kneeling.

If we're going to kneel about things in their order of importance then why not kneel over all of the black on black murders in this country? That happens a LOT more than the intentional police murders of black people. I hesitate to go here because I know that the name calling and bans will start. I prefer to just discuss hoops but I just wanted to say this this one time. Will I be banned now or later?

You understand that you would be hopding officers to the same standards of murders?

We should protest murders as if they have a social awareness?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knickoftime

10/1/2017  4:54 PM
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
arkrud wrote:But I personally new a lot of Americans who are very seriously offended by this while being very supportive and emphatical to minorities problems.

I think it's perfectly fair to question a commitment/engagement to the latter if it's exceeded by the former.

As explained to you many times already, the next time someone comes up with a tidy form of protest that makes everyone feel good and comfortable will be the first time someone comes up with a tidy form of protest that makes everyone feel good and comfortable.

Also what you will say if some players will come waiving confederate flag? Do they have a right to have their point presented loud and clear on very popular platform?

Of course.

Your ridiculous false equivalency aside for a moment, did you expect any other answer?

I other words making people uncomfortable is a great way to make them help you course.

arkrud, you again speak all the time about trying to be more enlightened, in that spirit takes this to heart. You have no idea What I have her have achieved in life. To you assume you know anything about it is the height of intellectual immaturity. It has no place in an intelligent conversation. You are lashing out, but trying to disguise it and some Zen philosophy.

Back on topic, we spoken about this before. The proudest moments in this country have been fought for, over steep opposition, not glided to harmoniously.

Knickoftime

10/1/2017  5:13 PM
reub wrote:The problem with the left is that they are intolerant of any differing opinions. Look at Antifa at Berkeley. They would rather call you names and silence you than discuss things with you.

I'd rather here from you.

In your view, what's is the reason and significance of athletes choosing to kneel over police killing of unarmed blacks people as opposed to black on black violence.

You've asked the question and it's a valid one. So here is your invitation to provide your answer.

reub
Member: #6227

10/1/2017  5:26 PM
I don't want to be banned. I don't want to deal with name calling. I come here for hoops. I just wanted to let you know that not every view of the world coincides with your's And that name calling and banning is not the answer.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/1/2017  5:29 PM
reub wrote:I don't want to be banned. I don't want to deal with name calling. I come here for hoops. I just wanted to let you know that not every view of the world coincides with your's And that name calling and banning is not the answer.

Rueb, I did not call you a name or suggest you should be banned. I just responded to your post as to why I disagree with the comment you made.

Trust the Process
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/1/2017  5:31 PM
Dont want to see you sanctioned Briggs by our power hungry mods, hell bent on internet domination.

Cant say I really know you, but I believe its fair to say that you dont put much thought into the right to exist of people who arent exactly like you.

For example, the whole Black Lives Matter movement. These weren't a bunch of AK-47 toting radicals. They were mostly young, black, men and women, who got tired of seeing Black people being shot in cold blood by Cops almost every night on the news, for months. All the protesters were saying is "We matter too" not "We matter more than everyone else". But some wanted to play word games with their justifiable anger.

Now try for a second imaging if you saw someone who fit your demographic being shot in cold blood by black cops almost every night on the news for months at a time. Keep it to that example, please don't turn it into "whataboutism". Its not that complicated.

Think how you would feel if you had to trade places. Doesn't necessarily mean you will realize you're completely wrong, maybe you'll understand that the other side has a case as well.

Its a lot easier to turn politics into a Yankees/Sox like debate if you dont try to understand what the other side is thinking, going through. A good way of showing you understand this, is trying to put yourself in the other person's shoes for a change Briggs.

You might find that you have a better picture of what really is going on. Doesn't make you weak. Makes you smart. Im pretty sure you have applied this philosophy to becoming a successful business man. Understanding the motivation of others.

Knickoftime

10/1/2017  5:34 PM
reub wrote:I don't want to be banned. I don't want to deal with name calling.

Nobody has done that.

I just wanted to let you know that not every view of the world coincides with your's. And that name calling and banning is not the answer.

So you're saying there's no standards? Absolutely anything that comes out of someone's mouth has some inherent value no matter how angry or misinformed?

I think denying racism exists isn't an alternative view, it's objectively incorrect.

Do you disagree?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/1/2017  5:36 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
reub wrote:The problem with the left is that they are intolerant of any differing opinions. Look at Antifa at Berkeley. They would rather call you names and silence you than discuss things with you.

I'd rather here from you.

In your view, what's is the reason and significance of athletes choosing to kneel over police killing of unarmed blacks people as opposed to black on black violence.

You've asked the question and it's a valid one. So here is your invitation to provide your answer.

Here's the thing reub and others who bring up Black on Black crime forget. The reasons for Violent crime in ANY community are pretty much the same. It starts with Poverty, lack of employment, education and resources. Then you add in Drug Gangs and Guns! On top of this is over Policing and higher sentences. The Black Male is under assault from all angles and always has been in this country so GENERATIONS of the removal of males from families is going to have a negative impact!!!

The Prison Industrial Complex has LONG preyed on Black Men.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convict_lease

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/454469

nixluva
USA
10/1/2017  6:25 PM
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/1/2017  7:08 PM
ok - so now nfl players are kneeling before the anthem is played and everyone is still booing them. so i have to ask, was it ever really about the anthem?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/1/2017  7:11 PM
at least the fat f ck is bringing everyone together...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/09/28/racial-slurs-written-on-doors-of-five-black-cadet-candidates-at-air-force-academy-preparatory-school/?utm_term=.142d4e90fe94

Five black cadet candidates found racial slurs written on the message boards on their doors at the U.S. Air Force Academy Preparatory School this week, leading school officials to denounce racism and launch an investigation.

Security forces are looking into the matter, according to Lt. Col. Allen Herritage, a spokesman for the U.S. Air Force Academy.

“This has come out of nowhere,” he said. “We haven’t seen anything like this in recent times.”

The Air Force Times reported that a cadet candidate’s mother posted a photo on social media of “the words ‘go home n*****r’ written on the white board outside her son’s room.”

The Air Force Times did not report the names of the cadet candidate or his parents to protect their privacy but quoted the mother as saying in her post, which has since been taken down, “This is why I’m so hurt!

“These young people are supposed to bond and protect each other and the country. Who would my son have to watch out for? The enemy or the enemy?”

The father told the Air Force Times: “The word has zero power in my house. Zero power. The word is not going to yield a reaction. My initial advice to him was, respond with intelligence, do not react, do not get upset. You don’t have to defend intelligence, you don’t have to defend common sense, you don’t have to defend confidence. He’s fine.”

He told the Air Force Times he doesn’t view his son as the victim but rather the victim is the person who wrote the slurs, because that person will probably go home disgraced and lose out on a promising military career, and “because they were raised with that kind of vitriol and that kind of hate.”

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/1/2017  7:13 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Of course.

arkrud, you again speak all the time about trying to be more enlightened, in that spirit takes this to heart. You have no idea What I have her have achieved in life. To you assume you know anything about it is the height of intellectual immaturity. It has no place in an intelligent conversation. You are lashing out, but trying to disguise it and some Zen philosophy.

Back on topic, we spoken about this before. The proudest moments in this country have been fought for, over steep opposition, not glided to harmoniously.

I stated my opinion and it is shared by many people.
You may like it or not but this is reality.
My point is not about the subject of the protest but about the platform chosen to do it.
I consider this way of protesting counterproductive, you consider it the best way to protest.
The time will tell if I or you are wrong or if we both are wrong.
And you are right I think that the only valuable thing in life is to became enlightened.
But it takes many lives to get there even if one trying.
So I ma trying.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/1/2017  7:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/1/2017  7:21 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
reub wrote:
TheGame wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Of course.

Its been said 1 millions times that the protest isn't about the flag or about disrespecting the military etc etc etc. So if ppl are offended over kneeling its because they choose to. If people want to ignore that its not about the flag or military etc. And want to ignore what causes ppl to even protest these things in the forst place then so be it.

If these issues were dealt with and taken seriously over the many years they have been an issue then there wouldnt be these protest.

The real issue is that people either don't believe or don't care about police brutality against minorities, so in their minds the players are kneeling over nothing. but they don't want to just admit that, so they shift it to make it about disrespecting the flag, etc. trump is just a despicable person for hyping this issue. The man literally critized John McCain and said he was not a war hero because he got captured but now he is so offended about people kneeling.

If we're going to kneel about things in their order of importance then why not kneel over all of the black on black murders in this country? That happens a LOT more than the intentional police murders of black people. I hesitate to go here because I know that the name calling and bans will start. I prefer to just discuss hoops but I just wanted to say this this one time. Will I be banned now or later?

You understand that you would be hopding officers to the same standards of murders?

We have to protest against all murders, rapes, and other violence against anyone and by anyone, police officers not being any kind of exception.
The whole debate is build on perception that police officers (mostly white) are specifically inclined to kill black unarmed people because they are racists and white supremacists.
I think this very loaded perception and so far I cannot see anything of this kind proven in court of law.
I believe in the order build on law not on lynching people based on perception.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
reub

10/1/2017  7:38 PM
So is Briggs banned?
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/1/2017  8:04 PM
arkrud wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
reub wrote:
TheGame wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Of course.

We have to protest against all murders, rapes, and other violence against anyone and by anyone, police officers not being any kind of exception.
The whole debate is build on perception that police officers (mostly white) are specifically inclined to kill black unarmed people because they are racists and white supremacists.
I think this very loaded perception and so far I cannot see anything of this kind proven in court of law.

No the protest is that after the wrongfully murdering A human being while being caught on camera doing it. They still We re able to get paid leave while facing no conviction.

Frankly I am tired of spelling it out. Address why African Americans get charged more severe with the same charges and background history,

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knickoftime

10/1/2017  8:49 PM
arkrud wrote:I consider this way of protesting counterproductive, you consider it the best way to protest.

I never wrote or implied that. Where did you pull that out from?

nixluva
USA
10/1/2017  9:21 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
arkrud wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
reub wrote:
TheGame wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Of course.

No the protest is that after the wrongfully murdering A human being while being caught on camera doing it. They still We re able to get paid leave while facing no conviction.

Frankly I am tired of spelling it out. Address why African Americans get charged more severe with the same charges and background history,

Ya know when you think about all the publicized events like Eric Garner or Tamir Rice etc you would think there's no excuse for any American to be booing or not understanding what the Protests are about. It's enough to make it clear that there is a LARGE number of White people who are choosing to ignore or minimize the severity of the issue.

We can NEVER get to a deep conversation because too many White people are unsympathetic to these facts. They believe these "Urban Animals" must've deserved to get shot in some way. That's the BRIGGS Prototype IMO. It's been this persistent group of White people that have held back progress all these decades.

reub

10/1/2017  9:28 PM
People here are really calling the President of the United States a "fat ****"? Disgusting. I won't be back in this thread.
nixluva
USA
10/1/2017  9:43 PM
reub wrote:People here are really calling the President of the United States a "fat ****"? Disgusting. I won't be back in this thread.

Who said that? I don't recall seeing that. It can't be something that was said a lot. Most of the comments have been substantive.

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy