[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/27/2017  4:38 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
djsunyc wrote:damn pop

Mad respect as usual. Thanks for speaking out on this.

Our country is such an embarrassment--so poorly run that you live in a ten million dollar home and tip people 10g's a sitting. Yep you could do that in any other country in the world. I think some people really have to move out if they dont like it. Actually if you spoke out like this on TV in China or Russia--you might not see tomorrow let alone live in luxury.

I didnt like what D Trump said on Friday either--I dont think a President needs to chide an athlete and certainly he had some F gaul swearing at them. Those owners who probably agreed with Trump MUCH more so than with the few players that knelt were personally assaulted by him Friday. Thats their billion $ business--wtf do you thin k they are going to do at that point???? That wasn't against anything other than their pocket books. Those guys are cut throat MFers--they are loyal to their pockets.

Go travelling, you'll find most people in the world either fear Trump's ineptitude or ridicule him- Pops was right. Trump is a joke to most people in the world, albeit a dangerous one

"Our country is an embarrassment to the world" Did I get the word wrong? In 10 months did Trump create the world's problems or did they already exist? If Pop was so concerned why didnt he take a knee 20 years ago?

Did you go check out everything Pop said? He made a lot of profound statements. I think you're focused on that one comment and missed the rest of his message which was right on. This isn't about leaving the country if you don't like some of the bad things about this country. You speak up and criticize cuz you want the country to be BETTER and to live up to its highest ideals. Why is it so many never seem to get this?

I think you and many others who share your opinion need to really open your mind and try to understand what this is all about. Stop being on the wrong side of History! These comments you made are the same that were said about Frederick Douglas, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King and Muhammed Ali. Think about that.

Yep Nixluva its called democracy--thats the US--nothing else.

64% of people believe players should stand Nixluva--tahts a VERY high number--you believe in Democracy right? So while we both agree that Trump came across poorly Friday--there are a LOT of people who agree with him. Where was Obama taking a knee from the highest platform? In Hawaii I guess.
http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/26/new-survey-shows-64-of-americans-believe-players-should-stand-for-national-anthem/

I'm afraid you AND those Americans are on the WRONG SIDE OF HISTORY! This is no different than public opinion of Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement. At that time most Americans were against their movement but they kept up the fight and eventually Americans realized that King and the others in the Civil Rights Movement were RIGHT!!!

As I said you need to stop being on the wrong side of history.

64% do you understand what democracy means? This country was built a long time ago Nixluva and its a pretty darn good country all things considered. Its a meting pot of complexities--NEVER EVER EVR going to be perfect society. And 64% might be an artificially low number--its higher than that.

Nixluva you make a living that you probably wouldnt make in ANY other country in the world? You give your family a good life--have done positive things? Many countries people only dream of what you have Nixluva???????? You understand that right??

When you talk I must say it is very revealing of the very same sentiments that have been used for centuries to defend the indefensible. Do you know that Slave Owners claimed they were actually doing Slaves a favor by enslaving them?

You don't know how much better my life would be if this was a fair and equal society. If my ancestors weren't enslaved and later segregated and oppressed!!! To be honest there's never been a time when AA's have had fair treatment in this country. Not individuals but the entire race of AA's. For us there were no GOOD OLE DAYS!!! Do you understand that? I can go back to the 1700's before the founding of the United States and my ancestors were here getting worked like mules.

We fought in all the wars. Built this country's wealth and were deprived of our due share. To this very day things are not equal. Stop trying to tell us we should be greatful.

AUTOADVERT
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
9/27/2017  8:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2017  8:37 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Our country is such an embarrassment--so poorly run that you live in a ten million dollar home and tip people 10g's a sitting. Yep you could do that in any other country in the world. I think some people really have to move out if they dont like it. Actually if you spoke out like this on TV in China or Russia--you might not see tomorrow let alone live in luxury.

I didnt like what D Trump said on Friday either--I dont think a President needs to chide an athlete and certainly he had some F gaul swearing at them. Those owners who probably agreed with Trump MUCH more so than with the few players that knelt were personally assaulted by him Friday. Thats their billion $ business--wtf do you thin k they are going to do at that point???? That wasn't against anything other than their pocket books. Those guys are cut throat MFers--they are loyal to their pockets.

Go travelling, you'll find most people in the world either fear Trump's ineptitude or ridicule him- Pops was right. Trump is a joke to most people in the world, albeit a dangerous one

"Our country is an embarrassment to the world" Did I get the word wrong? In 10 months did Trump create the world's problems or did they already exist? If Pop was so concerned why didnt he take a knee 20 years ago? If Im wrong didnt President Reagan lie--say 100 X in office? Didnt Bill Clinton have a coed under his desk sucking his F dick while his wife was downstairs? Didnt George Bush lie and say Iraq had WMD which killed how many people? How many Black people did Obama help in his 8 years as the first black President? Lets get real--EVERY President had their BIG flaws.

When you election a dumb, delusional, thin skinned, lying, bigoted, misogynistic, bright orange clown with a terrible hairdo as your president, who spends most of his time spouting absolute drivel, then yes you become a joke in people's eyes.

Every President is a liar. The lady who didnt win the Presidency might've been the worst liar of all--shes still lyin. If she had any dignity she wouldve been divorced 30 year ago. She was not fit to be President and that was the choices--Pop got that right. The assault on Trump started way before he became President--hes in the toughest job under the absolute worst conditions. Instead of ANY type of positive contribution to help all the word RESIST was there before this guy had a chance. No one even remotely tried to work it out together so youu should take it like a man instead of being a complainer.

Im going to be 48.5 years on this Earth--I have never EVER heard people saying resist the government before it was even given a chance? I never heard that at all? Resist what--resist the fcking law? Create an environment of chaos? Disrupt democracy? Never positive==not 1 day. Biggest bunch of BS I have ever seen hypocrisy at its finest.

Every time I hear sht like this it encourages me to vote the same way. And people will remember this--dont try to help--just act like a chaotic spoiled hypocritical complainer. Resist to 7 more years --you wait and see. Its just like marriage--either you work together or you dont. You dont have to agree with everything but you do for the greater cause. Lets see what happens when Democrats try to keep tax money out of peoples pockets.

BRIGGS, you really need to take an honest evaluation of your world views. First, you claim people are against Trump and that you never have seen people against the president before he has a chance to start. REALLY??? We just went threw 8 years of that with Obama. Republicans were against him from the start and did everything they could to frustrate everything he tried to do and they were just as nasty and disrespectful to him as you claim we are being to Trump. The only difference is Obama was an man who carried himself with respect and dignity and acted like a president, whether you agreed with his policies or not. Trump acts like a clown and even you must acknowledge that. You then criticize Clinton for staying with her husband after he cheated. To me, that seems to be an honorable act on her part, not something to criticize her for, and I notice you have no problem with the womanizing Trump. I gave Trump a chance. I am evaluating him on what he has done in the past 10 months, which really has been nothing more that reversing Obamas executive orders, taking every opportunity he can to divide the country on race, and taking credit for the solid economy that Obama handed him. He has not passed any meaningful legislation and his total lack of knowledge or concern for the substance of the bills he is trying to get passed is appalling. All of the criticism that Trump gets is well deserved.

Trust the Process
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
9/27/2017  8:46 AM
Donald Trump unambiguously believes tiki torch Nazi protests include "fine people" and that black athletes who kneel are "sons of bitches." - Joy M Reid
once a knick always a knick
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/27/2017  9:57 AM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

"Our country is an embarrassment to the world" Did I get the word wrong? In 10 months did Trump create the world's problems or did they already exist? If Pop was so concerned why didnt he take a knee 20 years ago?

Did you go check out everything Pop said? He made a lot of profound statements. I think you're focused on that one comment and missed the rest of his message which was right on. This isn't about leaving the country if you don't like some of the bad things about this country. You speak up and criticize cuz you want the country to be BETTER and to live up to its highest ideals. Why is it so many never seem to get this?

I think you and many others who share your opinion need to really open your mind and try to understand what this is all about. Stop being on the wrong side of History! These comments you made are the same that were said about Frederick Douglas, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King and Muhammed Ali. Think about that.

64% of people believe players should stand Nixluva--tahts a VERY high number--you believe in Democracy right? So while we both agree that Trump came across poorly Friday--there are a LOT of people who agree with him. Where was Obama taking a knee from the highest platform? In Hawaii I guess.
http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/26/new-survey-shows-64-of-americans-believe-players-should-stand-for-national-anthem/

I'm afraid you AND those Americans are on the WRONG SIDE OF HISTORY! This is no different than public opinion of Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement. At that time most Americans were against their movement but they kept up the fight and eventually Americans realized that King and the others in the Civil Rights Movement were RIGHT!!!

64% do you understand what democracy means? This country was built a long time ago Nixluva and its a pretty darn good country all things considered. Its a meting pot of complexities--NEVER EVER EVR going to be perfect society. And 64% might be an artificially low number--its higher than that.

Nixluva you make a living that you probably wouldnt make in ANY other country in the world? You give your family a good life--have done positive things? Many countries people only dream of what you have Nixluva???????? You understand that right??

When you talk I must say it is very revealing of the very same sentiments that have been used for centuries to defend the indefensible. Do you know that Slave Owners claimed they were actually doing Slaves a favor by enslaving them?

You don't know how much better my life would be if this was a fair and equal society. If my ancestors weren't enslaved and later segregated and oppressed!!! To be honest there's never been a time when AA's have had fair treatment in this country. Not individuals but the entire race of AA's. For us there were no GOOD OLE DAYS!!! Do you understand that? I can go back to the 1700's before the founding of the United States and my ancestors were here getting worked like mules.

We fought in all the wars. Built this country's wealth and were deprived of our due share. To this very day things are not equal. Stop trying to tell us we should be greatful.

Man everything relates back to race for you--I wasnt even talking about race. Actually its people like you who are a big problem. You throw around the word "oppressed" instead of using examples of why anyone can be what they want to be in this country. You downplay the opportunity the uS gives EVERY single person and you bait it with racial disparity. Nixluva--you have ZERO appreciation for a country that made you a great life. You like to teach history but youre a BAD teacher my friend. If you want to do something teach and preach to people what they can be instead of picturing a blindly bleak face on things. Slavery occurred all over the world nixluva--thats history--nothing we can do about it now. But we can bring examples of what is good and what can be achieved. But you like hate more than you like optimism. Nixluva there are hundreds of millions--maybe billions of people oppressed around the world. People cant own a home many people dont even have rations of food for a day. You dont even understand what oppressed means--you were never oppressed for one minute of your life--Id bet on that. My bet is you have a nice home were afford more luxuries than 99% of the rest of the Earth--brought up good kidswho had a good education and you downplay the great opportunity the uS gave you by spewing gibberish nonsense. You're a problem--you are no solution--youre take is the embarrassing part. Everything you have you take for granted. Half my family was incinerated--every day I see my children Im happy. I started off behind the gun in this world when my dad died when I was 8(my mom pregnant with my little brother) This country gave me opportunity and ive done this best I could do--with some health issues at a young age to boot. I appreciate the flag and what it means--but UNLIKE TrUMP I accept thoughtful disagreement on issue. I do NOT agree with his bashing style--but as you tell me I am on the wrong side of history--my opinion of you is come into the year 2017 and appreciate the things the uS gave you and stop focusing on problem of the past. Guys like Popovich never gave Trump or democracy one minute of chance--he was obstructed and resisted from minute 1 because a large bunch of people didnt get what they wanted. He certainly isnt the nicest person but I believe 100% that he wants the greater good for everyone--still do and that Hillary Clinton was not a viable choice. Dont write me back a page long diatribe on why you believe you were oppressed when there are billions of people who really ARE oppressed in the world--give it a needed break.

RIP Crushalot😞
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
9/27/2017  10:45 AM
BRIGGS, I read your response to nixluva. I have a question. What is this utopia that you think Trump is leading us to? You say we need to give him a chance. Who hasn't given him a chance? He is the president. He sets the agenda. The only thing I see Trump doing is spending money like water on his personal trips, using the civil rights budget at the attorney generals office to combat supposed racism against white people, he wants to repeal Obamacare without any real replacement plan which will result in millions losing health coverage, he wants to pass a tax cut even though we now have three hurricanes to pay for and we already had a deficit, he wants to create as much division and tension between the races of this country (which is the standard tactic of the rich to keep the masses hating each other so they don't pay attention to how the rich are screwing them over) and he wants to spend a billion dollars on a wall of negligible value. What great plan is he leading us too? I don't see it, so please enlighten me.
Trust the Process
nixluva
USA
9/27/2017  12:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2017  12:07 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Man everything relates back to race for you--I wasnt even talking about race. Actually its people like you who are a big problem. You throw around the word "oppressed" instead of using examples of why anyone can be what they want to be in this country. You downplay the opportunity the uS gives EVERY single person and you bait it with racial disparity.

Nixluva--you have ZERO appreciation for a country that made you a great life. You like to teach history but youre a BAD teacher my friend. If you want to do something teach and preach to people what they can be instead of picturing a blindly bleak face on things. Slavery occurred all over the world nixluva--thats history--nothing we can do about it now. But we can bring examples of what is good and what can be achieved. But you like hate more than you like optimism.

Nixluva there are hundreds of millions--maybe billions of people oppressed around the world. People cant own a home many people dont even have rations of food for a day. You dont even understand what oppressed means--you were never oppressed for one minute of your life--Id bet on that. My bet is you have a nice home were afford more luxuries than 99% of the rest of the Earth--brought up good kidswho had a good education and you downplay the great opportunity the uS gave you by spewing gibberish nonsense.

You're a problem--you are no solution--youre take is the embarrassing part. Everything you have you take for granted. Half my family was incinerated--every day I see my children Im happy. I started off behind the gun in this world when my dad died when I was 8(my mom pregnant with my little brother) This country gave me opportunity and ive done this best I could do--with some health issues at a young age to boot. I appreciate the flag and what it means--but UNLIKE TrUMP I accept thoughtful disagreement on issue. I do NOT agree with his bashing style--but as you tell me I am on the wrong side of history--my opinion of you is come into the year 2017 and appreciate the things the uS gave you and stop focusing on problem of the past. Guys like Popovich never gave Trump or democracy one minute of chance--he was obstructed and resisted from minute 1 because a large bunch of people didnt get what they wanted. He certainly isnt the nicest person but I believe 100% that he wants the greater good for everyone--still do and that Hillary Clinton was not a viable choice. Dont write me back a page long diatribe on why you believe you were oppressed when there are billions of people who really ARE oppressed in the world--give it a needed break.

BRIGGS there's just a fundamental level of ignorance to your world view. You and from what I can perceive MANY others in this country who think like you are basically unsympathetic to the plight of others in this country. You can't put yourself in someone else's shoes and try to understand what their situation is like.

For starters you want to pretend that history has no impact on the present. This is convenient for you and your argument. As i've spoken about often, my Grandmothers, Aunts, Uncles and Parents are still alive and ranging in ages from 60-95. Their lives MOST CERTAINLY have been impacted by OPPRESSION. I was born in the 60's and I can tell you that I most CERTAINLY experienced the disadvantages of OPPRESSION. I and others have been trying to point out to you that inequality and injustice in this country has never stopped being an issue for minorities!!! As I said there were no GOOD OLE DAYS for AA's and other Minorities in this country.

The SYSTEM that has been in place since the founding of this nation was built to be unequal. The Mentality of MANY of White Citizens towards AA's has been one of White Supremacy from the founding of this nation up to this very day. You want me to ignore the inequality and just be happy that i'm here in the U.S. cuz this country GAVE me and my people all this opportunity. WHY should we ignore the inequality and injustice that's been going on since 1619 to this very day?

Lastly NO ONE is "afforded luxuries" in this country. I'm not sure why you would say such a thing. Especially Minorities in this country. Given that you say that half your family was incinerated you should be more empathetic to those who are being oppressed.

These are my grandfathers who fought in WWII. They were in Segregated military units and after fighting they came home to Segregation and inequality. One of them was wounded in War and eventually died from complications. He never knew a world that was equal for AA's.
Both of them had Grandparents who were Slaves.

Things are not EQUAL in this country to this day.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
9/27/2017  12:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2017  12:29 PM
the only way ANYONE gets anything in this world is by hard work and perseverance, nobody owes anybody anything. im white, from a middle-class family, i (no one else) paid for my own college, no one gave me money to goto college, i didn't get any scholarships, stipends, or anything like that and my parents didn't have the money to send me. so i paid for it, all of it, and i'm STILL paying for it 10 years later. i dont have a grandparent that left me a wad of cash or anything like that, so, ive learned that the only way that i can make anything happen for myself is taking the bull by the horns and achieving it myself. growing up, while in highschool, i had to work 3 different jobs to make money. i worked with a carpenter, at a hardware store and at a drug store. i went to high-school and worked 6 days a week, sometimes 7, nobody gave me a job, i went out and looked for them.

you come in this world alone and you leave it alone, so why would i or anyone else expect to be given anything?

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BRIGGS
Member: #303
9/27/2017  12:41 PM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Man everything relates back to race for you--I wasnt even talking about race. Actually its people like you who are a big problem. You throw around the word "oppressed" instead of using examples of why anyone can be what they want to be in this country. You downplay the opportunity the uS gives EVERY single person and you bait it with racial disparity.

Nixluva--you have ZERO appreciation for a country that made you a great life. You like to teach history but youre a BAD teacher my friend. If you want to do something teach and preach to people what they can be instead of picturing a blindly bleak face on things. Slavery occurred all over the world nixluva--thats history--nothing we can do about it now. But we can bring examples of what is good and what can be achieved. But you like hate more than you like optimism.

Nixluva there are hundreds of millions--maybe billions of people oppressed around the world. People cant own a home many people dont even have rations of food for a day. You dont even understand what oppressed means--you were never oppressed for one minute of your life--Id bet on that. My bet is you have a nice home were afford more luxuries than 99% of the rest of the Earth--brought up good kidswho had a good education and you downplay the great opportunity the uS gave you by spewing gibberish nonsense.

You're a problem--you are no solution--youre take is the embarrassing part. Everything you have you take for granted. Half my family was incinerated--every day I see my children Im happy. I started off behind the gun in this world when my dad died when I was 8(my mom pregnant with my little brother) This country gave me opportunity and ive done this best I could do--with some health issues at a young age to boot. I appreciate the flag and what it means--but UNLIKE TrUMP I accept thoughtful disagreement on issue. I do NOT agree with his bashing style--but as you tell me I am on the wrong side of history--my opinion of you is come into the year 2017 and appreciate the things the uS gave you and stop focusing on problem of the past. Guys like Popovich never gave Trump or democracy one minute of chance--he was obstructed and resisted from minute 1 because a large bunch of people didnt get what they wanted. He certainly isnt the nicest person but I believe 100% that he wants the greater good for everyone--still do and that Hillary Clinton was not a viable choice. Dont write me back a page long diatribe on why you believe you were oppressed when there are billions of people who really ARE oppressed in the world--give it a needed break.

BRIGGS there's just a fundamental level of ignorance to your world view. You and from what I can perceive MANY others in this country who think like you are basically unsympathetic to the plight of others in this country. You can't put yourself in someone else's shoes and try to understand what their situation is like.

For starters you want to pretend that history has no impact on the present. This is convenient for you and your argument. As i've spoken about often, my Grandmothers, Aunts, Uncles and Parents are still alive and ranging in ages from 60-95. Their lives MOST CERTAINLY have been impacted by OPPRESSION. I was born in the 60's and I can tell you that I most CERTAINLY experienced the disadvantages of OPPRESSION. I and others have been trying to point out to you that inequality and injustice in this country has never stopped being an issue for minorities!!! As I said there were no GOOD OLE DAYS for AA's and other Minorities in this country.

The SYSTEM that has been in place since the founding of this nation was built to be unequal. The Mentality of MANY of White Citizens towards AA's has been one of White Supremacy from the founding of this nation up to this very day. You want me to ignore the inequality and just be happy that i'm here in the U.S. cuz this country GAVE me and my people all this opportunity. WHY should we ignore the inequality and injustice that's been going on since 1619 to this very day?

Lastly NO ONE is "afforded luxuries" in this country. I'm not sure why you would say such a thing. Especially Minorities in this country. Given that you say that half your family was incinerated you should be more empathetic to those who are being oppressed.

These are my grandfathers who fought in WWII. They were in Segregated military units and after fighting they came home to Segregation and inequality. One of them was wounded in War and eventually died from complications. He never knew a world that was equal for AA's.

Nixluva--You live in the greatest country in the world---feel lucky and stand tall when the anthem plays.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
9/27/2017  1:01 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Nixluva--You live in the greatest country in the world---feel lucky and stand tall when the anthem plays.

Bruh! THIS IS MY COUNTRY! We've been here since this was a group of Colonies. My ancestors died and were buried in unmarked graves and I'll never know their names because they didn't recognize Slaves as anything more than work animals. Don't F'n tell me to "FEEL LUCKY". This country grew rich and powerful off the backs of AA's. We fought in most all this country's wars despite being oppressed.

I'm my family historian and I have accounted for all my relatives and their spouses going back to the late 1700's to 1800's. I'm 10% European even tho none of my ancestors married a White person. Do you know how those genes got there? RAPE during Slavery. This country reneged on even the basic promise of 40 Acres and a Mule! Instead we got Jim Crow and Segregation for another 100 years! Lower quality schools. Lower employment. Forced to live bunched into Ghettos using Redlining. Predatory Policing. We've earned the right to protest.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
9/27/2017  1:16 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Man everything relates back to race for you--I wasnt even talking about race. Actually its people like you who are a big problem. You throw around the word "oppressed" instead of using examples of why anyone can be what they want to be in this country. You downplay the opportunity the uS gives EVERY single person and you bait it with racial disparity. Nixluva--you have ZERO appreciation for a country that made you a great life. You like to teach history but youre a BAD teacher my friend. If you want to do something teach and preach to people what they can be instead of picturing a blindly bleak face on things. Slavery occurred all over the world nixluva--thats history--nothing we can do about it now. But we can bring examples of what is good and what can be achieved. But you like hate more than you like optimism. Nixluva there are hundreds of millions--maybe billions of people oppressed around the world. People cant own a home many people dont even have rations of food for a day. You dont even understand what oppressed means--you were never oppressed for one minute of your life--Id bet on that. My bet is you have a nice home were afford more luxuries than 99% of the rest of the Earth--brought up good kidswho had a good education and you downplay the great opportunity the uS gave you by spewing gibberish nonsense. You're a problem--you are no solution--youre take is the embarrassing part. Everything you have you take for granted. Half my family was incinerated--every day I see my children Im happy. I started off behind the gun in this world when my dad died when I was 8(my mom pregnant with my little brother) This country gave me opportunity and ive done this best I could do--with some health issues at a young age to boot. I appreciate the flag and what it means--but UNLIKE TrUMP I accept thoughtful disagreement on issue. I do NOT agree with his bashing style--but as you tell me I am on the wrong side of history--my opinion of you is come into the year 2017 and appreciate the things the uS gave you and stop focusing on problem of the past. Guys like Popovich never gave Trump or democracy one minute of chance--he was obstructed and resisted from minute 1 because a large bunch of people didnt get what they wanted. He certainly isnt the nicest person but I believe 100% that he wants the greater good for everyone--still do and that Hillary Clinton was not a viable choice. Dont write me back a page long diatribe on why you believe you were oppressed when there are billions of people who really ARE oppressed in the world--give it a needed break.

America has been molded into America through Democracy that was forged through protest and war. Our level of Democracy is what has made other countries envious of America. Democracy is what opened up these opportunities. The standards have been set due to the lives lost and sacrifices made to make it this way. Going back on those standards and only claiming well at least we aren't as bad as some other country. Is more of a slap in the face to those that gave their lives and made those sacrifices to reach these standards of Democracy. And America through Democracy should continue to evolve and progress. Which won't happen by settling. But can only happen by challenging any area that isn't holding up to its standards.

Briggs you are rightfully thankful for the opportunity that America has given you do to your experience. But how about Kalief Browders American experience.

(May 25, 1993 – June 6, 2015) was an African American male who was arrested at the age of 16 for allegedly stealing a backpack. He was imprisoned for three years on Rikers Island without trial and spent most of this time in solitary confinement. Two years after his release, Browder died by suicide. His case is cited by activists who call for the reform of the New York City criminal justice system and is the subject of a six-part documentaries on Spike and Netflix entitled TIME: The Kalief Browder Story.

No conviction says to African Americans that our lives don't matter. These are the feelings that lead to people kneeling down during an National Anthem. I want you to ask yourself if it was the reverse. If all these African Americans ended up taking officers lives. And all of them were able to beat their cases. What would you opinion of these events be?

Slavery is the only knowledge you seem to be able to posses about African American history or even present. That's the level of effort you have put into trying to gain understanding. So thinking you can tell African Americans how they should feel isn't valid.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
USA
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:

This debate is all about one thing which is a fact of live:

You can't put yourself in someone else's shoes and try to understand what their situation is like.

Nix cannot for the life of him understood what Jews were going through aver more that 2000 years of oppression and killing and BRIGGS cannot understood what AA were going through over 300 years oppression in US.
Nix cannot look at life in US from the point of view of people getting slotted and dying from hunger in Syria, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Afghanistan, Somalia, Chad, Nigeria, NK, Venezuelan, and list goes on.
And this people will never consider Nix and other Americans who complain about their life anything else but ignorant sobs.
It is no doubt that this is the attitude which is real. But the question is why we people are like this?
Why we never appreciate the good thugs we have in live and why we always angry about things we cannot get? Why we never in piece?
Why we always hateful, always afraid, always jealous to anyone else achievements, and always looking for excuses for our own shortcomings?
It is not because we are black or white, man or women, Christians or Muslims, homosexual or heterosexual, old or young but because we cannot control our small mind and obtain our true SELF which is love and which is God.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
9/27/2017  1:24 PM
nyk4ever wrote:the only way ANYONE gets anything in this world is by hard work and perseverance, nobody owes anybody anything. im white, from a middle-class family, i (no one else) paid for my own college, no one gave me money to goto college, i didn't get any scholarships, stipends, or anything like that and my parents didn't have the money to send me. so i paid for it, all of it, and i'm STILL paying for it 10 years later. i dont have a grandparent that left me a wad of cash or anything like that, so, ive learned that the only way that i can make anything happen for myself is taking the bull by the horns and achieving it myself. growing up, while in highschool, i had to work 3 different jobs to make money. i worked with a carpenter, at a hardware store and at a drug store. i went to high-school and worked 6 days a week, sometimes 7, nobody gave me a job, i went out and looked for them.

you come in this world alone and you leave it alone, so why would i or anyone else expect to be given anything?

I agree with you. The issues we have with inequality is even with similar life choices and/or hard work the results aren't the same.

http://www.epi.org/publication/african-americans-are-paid-less-than-whites-at-every-education-level/

Black man makes the same positive life choices with his education. He on average won't make the same amount of money as a white man who made the same positive life choices with his education.

http://projects.heraldtribune.com/bias/sentencing/

Black man makes the same negative life choices. He on average will be punished far more severe then a white man who made the same negative life choices.

So while there is nothing in the constitution that is oppressing African Americans from equal wealth or justice...

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
USA
9/27/2017  1:29 PM
arkrud wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You can't put yourself in someone else's shoes and try to understand what their situation is like.

Nix cannot for the life of him understood what Jews were going through aver more that 2000 years of oppression and killing and BRIGGS cannot understood what AA were going through over 300 years oppression in US.
Nix cannot look at life in US from the point of view of people getting slotted and dying from hunger in Syria, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Afghanistan, Somalia, Chad, Nigeria, NK, Venezuelan, and list goes on.
And this people will never consider Nix and other Americans who complain about their life anything else but ignorant sobs.
It is no doubt that this is the attitude which is real. But the question is why we people are like this?
Why we never appreciate the good thugs we have in live and why we always angry about things we cannot get? Why we never in piece?
Why we always hateful, always afraid, always jealous to anyone else achievements, and always looking for excuses for our own shortcomings?
It is not because we are black or white, man or women, Christians or Muslims, homosexual or heterosexual, old or young but because we cannot control our small mind and obtain our true SELF which is love and which is God.

WTF? You think AA's aren't empathetic to the plight of others suffering around the world??? GTFOH! We most certainly do understand. You have to be kidding me if you think AA's don't understand.

This isn't about a lack of understanding of the suffering of others on the part of AA's. We know all too well how it feels. What makes you think we wouldn't understand these things? My Grandfather took bullets fighting Nazi Germany only to watch Nazi prisoners treated better than AA Soldiers!!! My Dad didn't want to kill Vietnamese people in Nam! Martin Luther King was against the war. We understand.

arkrud
USA
9/27/2017  1:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2017  1:32 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

America has been molded into America through Democracy that was forged through protest and war. Our level of Democracy is what has made other countries envious of America. Democracy is what opened up these opportunities. The standards have been set due to the lives lost and sacrifices made to make it this way. Going back on those standards and only claiming well at least we aren't as bad as some other country. Is more of a slap in the face to those that gave their lives and made those sacrifices to reach these standards of Democracy. And America through Democracy should continue to evolve and progress. Which won't happen by settling. But can only happen by challenging any area that isn't holding up to its standards.

Briggs you are rightfully thankful for the opportunity that America has given you do to your experience. But how about Kalief Browders American experience.

(May 25, 1993 – June 6, 2015) was an African American male who was arrested at the age of 16 for allegedly stealing a backpack. He was imprisoned for three years on Rikers Island without trial and spent most of this time in solitary confinement. Two years after his release, Browder died by suicide. His case is cited by activists who call for the reform of the New York City criminal justice system and is the subject of a six-part documentaries on Spike and Netflix entitled TIME: The Kalief Browder Story.

No conviction says to African Americans that our lives don't matter. These are the feelings that lead to people kneeling down during an National Anthem. I want you to ask yourself if it was the reverse. If all these African Americans ended up taking officers lives. And all of them were able to beat their cases. What would you opinion of these events be?

Slavery is the only knowledge you seem to be able to posses about African American history or even present. That's the level of effort you have put into trying to gain understanding. So thinking you can tell African Americans how they should feel isn't valid.

I do not think anyone is debating that police brutality and use of fatal force should be tolerated.
And no one here is under impression that the US law enforcement system and law itself is perfect and free of prejudice.
We all know that the problems are there and that they must be addressed.
The debate is about the method that athletes selected to bring the public attentions to this issues and if this will bring more good that bad.
Will this unite people of good will to solve the issues on hand or draw then even more apart to ultimately be a bigger block to resolve this problems.
Why athletes who want to put law enforcement reform at the forefront of national debate will not just stop playing altogether and go on strike until the issue is taken on by Congress and President?
Why to bring another divisive point of patriotism in play to make the issue even more problematic as it already is?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/27/2017  1:37 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Nixluva--You live in the greatest country in the world---feel lucky and stand tall when the anthem plays.

The man you voted for doesn't believe so. He ran on the platform, and regularly wears on his head a declaration that America is no longer great, even while in office.

He also spent two years disparaging the military and its leaders, but that's neither here nor there.

He doesn't think America is great.

nixluva
USA
9/27/2017  1:41 PM
White Society seems to always want to tell Minorities to protest in a manner that makes them feel comfortable. What they really want is for us to shut up 🤐

They used to say to Civil Rights activists that they too shouldn't be causing so much trouble.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

9/27/2017  1:42 PM
arkrud
USA
9/27/2017  1:42 PM
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:

WTF? You think AA's aren't empathetic to the plight of others suffering around the world??? GTFOH! We most certainly do understand. You have to be kidding me if you think AA's don't understand.

This isn't about a lack of understanding of the suffering of others on the part of AA's. We know all too well how it feels. What makes you think we wouldn't understand these things? My Grandfather took bullets fighting Nazi Germany only to watch Nazi prisoners treated better than AA Soldiers!!! My Dad didn't want to kill Vietnamese people in Nam! Martin Luther King was against the war. We understand.

Understanding does not mean feel it the same way as other people.
If you would feel it you will not discount the opportunists all American people get but just being a citizens of this great country.
And the fact that AA people paid bigger price for having this opportunities does not discount this opportunities or make them look any different for billions of people in the world who do not have them.
We cannot feel each other pain but we can respect each other experience and understand were we are coming from in our opinions.
This will make primitive screams into intelligent debate which is the only way to have real solutions for real life problems.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/27/2017  1:43 PM
arkrud wrote:I do not think anyone is debating that police brutality and use of fatal force should be tolerated.

Someone has regularly argued that should be understood.

The debate is about the method that athletes selected to bring the public attentions to this issues and if this will bring more good that bad.
Will this unite people of good will to solve the issues on hand or draw then even more apart to ultimately be a bigger block to resolve this problems.

No, it isn't.

This isn't a dispassionate debate about the effectiveness of the chosen form of protest.

This is about people rejecting protesters and those people who support them as being people of good will.

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy