[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/15/2017  12:13 PM
reub wrote:
nixluva wrote:
reub wrote:
nixluva wrote:
reub wrote:Obama was our biggest liar as President.

Is this a JOKE? I have to believe that's how you meant this. Don't be shy go ahead and explain what you meant by this.

No thanks. I don't come here to argue with people about politics and life. I just wanted you to know that there are MANY people who have opinions that differ from yours and they have as much right to their opinions as you do to yours. Calling anyone who disagrees with you a racist or a Nazi is not cool.

You can't have actually read any of this and came to the conclusion that anyone is calling someone racist JUST for having a different opinion!

Sure opinions are one thing but I know RACISTS and I won't be silent when I see it's ugly head raising up. I'm in opposition to White Supremacists and Nazis. Don't know where you stand but if you're speaking up and calling Obama our biggest liar as president then I think I have a clue.

Yeah it's perhaps best you don't get involved in this conversation.

Do you also oppose violent Antifa and the left's attempt to silence free speech? Do you support when BLM defends guilty people and promotes death to cops? Be consistent in your outrage against evil or cease to be credible.

I already said I don't believe in violence and am proud that AA's fought for their Civil Rights with Non Violent Protests. Even tho there was severe violence used against them.

As for Antifa I simply add that I disagree with their methods but they are NOT equivalent to Nazis and White Supremacists!!! BLM is NOT the same as Nazis or White Supremacists and only came into existence to protest Police Abuse and Killing of unarmed AA's.

My father is a retired NYPD Lieutenant and his cousin a retired NYPD Chief. I'm not anti cop but both my Dad and his cousin were victims of Profiling despite being Cops. I speak as someone with lived experience. My parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles are alive and give testament to just how bad things have been and this isn't ancient history. The 60's and 70's are still vivid. The 80's thru to now are full of inequality still. Can you understand how this long lived experience can impact how a people would feel???

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/15/2017  12:39 PM
nixluva wrote:
reub wrote:
nixluva wrote:
reub wrote:
nixluva wrote:
reub wrote:Obama was our biggest liar as President.

Is this a JOKE? I have to believe that's how you meant this. Don't be shy go ahead and explain what you meant by this.

No thanks. I don't come here to argue with people about politics and life. I just wanted you to know that there are MANY people who have opinions that differ from yours and they have as much right to their opinions as you do to yours. Calling anyone who disagrees with you a racist or a Nazi is not cool.

You can't have actually read any of this and came to the conclusion that anyone is calling someone racist JUST for having a different opinion!

Sure opinions are one thing but I know RACISTS and I won't be silent when I see it's ugly head raising up. I'm in opposition to White Supremacists and Nazis. Don't know where you stand but if you're speaking up and calling Obama our biggest liar as president then I think I have a clue.

Yeah it's perhaps best you don't get involved in this conversation.

Do you also oppose violent Antifa and the left's attempt to silence free speech? Do you support when BLM defends guilty people and promotes death to cops? Be consistent in your outrage against evil or cease to be credible.

I already said I don't believe in violence and am proud that AA's fought for their Civil Rights with Non Violent Protests. Even tho there was severe violence used against them.

As for Antifa I simply add that I disagree with their methods but they are NOT equivalent to Nazis and White Supremacists!!! BLM is NOT the same as Nazis or White Supremacists and only came into existence to protest Police Abuse and Killing of unarmed AA's.

My father is a retired NYPD Lieutenant and his cousin a retired NYPD Chief. I'm not anti cop but both my Dad and his cousin were victims of Profiling despite being Cops. I speak as someone with lived experience. My parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles are alive and give testament to just how bad things have been and this isn't ancient history. The 60's and 70's are still vivid. The 80's thru to now are full of inequality still. Can you understand how this long lived experience can impact how a people would feel???

no they cant. They never can. Just fail to understand why AAs are not more compliant or pick themselves up by their own boot straps.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
9/15/2017  8:52 PM
Its getting ugly in St Louis.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
9/16/2017  8:10 PM
Just dropped in to say: I love you guys and girls.

Really. Love plus my wishes for liberty, equality, fraternity, and basketball for all!

[Sorry to interrupt. I had to _something_ to feel better about reading a few pages of this topic. Carry on.]

nixluva
USA
9/17/2017  3:48 PM
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/18/2017  6:17 PM
Israel--our relationship with the uSA has never been better than with the Trump administration.
RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/18/2017  6:23 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Israel--our relationship with the uSA has never been better than with the Trump administration.

Everyone else: Trump sucks ass and doing harm to the relationships of the USA with the world.

And this is a very good example at how simple your reasoning and understanding of things around you is. You cherry-pick pick one thing out of the air and declare it. No balancing it out, zero research, no nothing intellect man.

Check out what leaders in Britain had to say about Trumps latest regarding terror incident.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
USA
9/18/2017  6:47 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Israel--our relationship with the uSA has never been better than with the Trump administration.

Everyone else: Trump sucks ass and doing harm to the relationships of the USA with the world.

And this is a very good example at how simple your reasoning and understanding of things around you is. You cherry-pick pick one thing out of the air and declare it. No balancing it out, zero research, no nothing intellect man.

Check out what leaders in Britain had to say about Trumps latest regarding terror incident.

Not to mention that Netanyahu would of course favor Trump in that he's very much taking their side in things rhetorically. Obama didn't kiss his ass on everything Bibi wanted to do if it was not in America's best interests. It's not true that cooperation on security was bad under Obama. Obama just wasn't going to be a rubber stamp on all the BS Bibi wanted us to do.
BRIGGS
Member: #303
9/18/2017  11:38 PM
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

Not to mention that Netanyahu would of course favor Trump in that he's very much taking their side in things rhetorically. Obama didn't kiss his ass on everything Bibi wanted to do if it was not in America's best interests. It's not true that cooperation on security was bad under Obama. Obama just wasn't going to be a rubber stamp on all the BS Bibi wanted us to do.

Nixluva only 7.3 years more of Trump until we get Mike Pence as the next President--just be patient!

RIP Crushalot😞
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
9/19/2017  1:09 AM
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

Israel has no luxury to be soft.
They must be strong or be dead.
So it is easy for them.
Its like my grandfather when he fought the Nazis in Great war going from the early days of German Blitzkrieg to the door of the Reichstag.
Surrender was equal to death. So he survived and came home victorious.
And my second grandfather when he was circled by Germans in Belorussia drag down the dead commissar body across the front line while being shot in the leg to not be send to Siberia like traitor or not to die in the Nazi camp like Jew. The leg killed him with blood clog at 55 but here I am in the world because they overcome.
Netanyahu comes from the same mold. Iron-born. and many Israeli are.
And Trump likes this kind of people. So the sympathy is granted.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/19/2017  12:13 PM
Long, but interesting read.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/taibbi-madness-of-donald-trump-removal-25th-amendment-w504149

So much of the Trump phenomenon is about history. Fueling the divide between pro- and anti-Trump camps is exactly the fact that we've never had a real reckoning with either our terrible past or our similarly bloody present. The Trump movement culturally represents an absolute denial of our sins from slavery on – hence the intense reaction to the removal of Confederate statues, the bizarre paranoia about the Washington Monument being next, and so on. But #resistance is also a denial mechanism. It makes Trump the root of all evil, and is powered by an intense desire to not have to look at the ugliness, to go back to the way things were. We see this hideous clown in the White House and feel our dignity outraged, but when you really think about it, what should America's president look like?

Trump is no malfunction. He's a perfect representation of who, as a country, we are and always have been: an insane monster. Frankly, we're lucky he's not walking around using a child's femur as a toothpick.

When it's not trembling in terror, the rest of the world must be laughing its ass off. America, land of the mad pig president. Shove that up your exceptionalism.

blkexec
Member: #748
9/19/2017  3:57 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

Nixluva only 7.3 years more of Trump until we get Mike Pence as the next President--just be patient!

After reading Briggs reply.......i think I threw up a little in my mouth.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
USA
9/19/2017  8:19 PM
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

So it is easy for them.
Its like my grandfather when he fought the Nazis in Great war going from the early days of German Blitzkrieg to the door of the Reichstag.
And my second grandfather when he was circled by Germans in Belorussia drag down the dead commissar body across the front line while being shot in the leg to not be send to Siberia like traitor or not to die in the Nazi camp like Jew. The leg killed him with blood clog at 55 but here I am in the world because they overcome.

I can appreciate how your ancestors feel about defending against Anti Semitism or another Holocaust, but that has NOTHING to do with the U.S. being a Rubber Stamp for Bibi even if his policies would be detrimental to the U.S. That's what i'm complaining about when it comes to Trump. The U.S. can't always side with Israel on everything.

TheSage
Member: #386
9/19/2017  8:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/19/2017  8:25 PM
The far left is not going to like this but they seem to deny the right of anyone who disagrees with them to speak of anything contrary to what they believe. I have met Donald's father when he was the honoree at the first (and perhaps only joint appeal of the UJA and Federation of Jewish Philanthropies,all his grandchildren are Jewish yet he has been called an anti-semite ) in 1974 and believe i first met him there. I have represented him and have represented his primary real estate attorney. He is not a polished politician, he doesn't say things in the proper manner, doesn't necessarily articulate things clearly but he always keeps the end in mind. Every issue in like a deal that has to be made and strangely he does it. He is a negotiator and a darn good one and in the end he wins and so will the country. There has be some balance to the perfection (as seen by the millennials) and the reality of the possible. Keep in mind he negotiates in public but he always seems to come up with a darn good result and hopefully this non political approach will work for the betterment of our nation.
nixluva
USA
9/19/2017  8:37 PM
TheSage wrote:The far left is not going to like this but they seem to deny the right of anyone who disagrees with them to speak of anything contrary to what they believe. I have met Donald's father when he was the honoree at the first (and perhaps only joint appeal of the UJA and Federation of Jewish Philanthropies,all his grandchildren are Jewish yet he has been called an anti-semite ) in 1974 and believe i first met him there. I have represented him and have represented his primary real estate attorney. He is not a polished politician, he doesn't say things in the proper manner, doesn't necessarily articulate things clearly but he always keeps the end in mind. Every issue in like a deal that has to be made and strangely he does it. He is a negotiator and a darn good one and in the end he wins and so will the country. There has be some balance to the perfection (as seen by the millennials) and the reality of the possible. Keep in mind he negotiates in public but he always seems to come up with a darn good result and hopefully this non political approach will work for the betterment of our nation.

You perhaps have a unique perspective on Trump. I don't deny that a lot of what you say about him may be correct. The problem is that there's more than enough OPPOSING evidence that Trump is as bad as many are saying he is. I'm sure Trump has some very admirable qualities that come out but over time his actions have proven what kind of man he is and right now in the Presidency his true character is being revealed. As Michelle Obama said, the Presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. Donald Trump should NEVER have been allowed to be President.

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
9/19/2017  10:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/19/2017  10:41 PM
TheSage wrote:The far left is not going to like this but they seem to deny the right of anyone who disagrees with them to speak of anything contrary to what they believe. I have met Donald's father when he was the honoree at the first (and perhaps only joint appeal of the UJA and Federation of Jewish Philanthropies,all his grandchildren are Jewish yet he has been called an anti-semite ) in 1974 and believe i first met him there. I have represented him and have represented his primary real estate attorney. He is not a polished politician, he doesn't say things in the proper manner, doesn't necessarily articulate things clearly but he always keeps the end in mind. Every issue in like a deal that has to be made and strangely he does it. He is a negotiator and a darn good one and in the end he wins and so will the country. There has be some balance to the perfection (as seen by the millennials) and the reality of the possible. Keep in mind he negotiates in public but he always seems to come up with a darn good result and hopefully this non political approach will work for the betterment of our nation.

Appreciate the input, but having successfully negotiating contracts and deals is not the same as successfully running a country. Having grandchildren of a different background group does not really mean much of anything either when it comes to feelings about the background group.

Just as a fairly obvious public example Obama said his white grandmother (I believe) held racist beliefs. The way Trump failed to come out strongly and consistently against white supremacists with his line of reasoning/equating "Antifa" to them reminds me of former Iranian President Ahmadinejad's approach towards the Jewish holocaust or Putin's attempts to use classic lines of Socratic questioning to lure certain types into questioning widely accepted norms for political gains that also not only deny stories of victims as valid compared to those completely disconnected to these experiences, but also can lead to resentment or worse towards legitimately victimized groups for having these feelings at all. That is frankly not just "unrefined" it's unhinged to the point of showing, at a minimum, such little consideration for consequences that might come about during this aim of achieving some "goal," some of which involves ensuring their political base worships him so much he can gain so much political capital that he can have a check book of blank checks with some hope that I guess one of these crazy ideas might actually make it through.

Not sure what your first point has anything to do with the rest, and I actually think this constant reference to the "far left" as denying the right to disagree as the problem is an interesting straw man argument that Bill Maher also loves to stand upon. I consider myself fairly far to the left, but I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with me and gladly will discuss, and I know I am not the only one like this. It's as if a small section of young people, who we know have less developed brains by default, and therefore likely more sensitive anyway, are the only examples of the left out there.

It's funny to me that the term "snowflake" is a reference to this group, yet I find those on the farther right to be bigger "snowflakes" if we wanted to play such a name calling game. What I mean by this is that this idea that one is "silenced" by the left and ones "freedom of speech is being taken away" is beyond laughable to me. No one is sending you to jail for most words here (I know that may be the case in some countries, but we are talking about the U.S) or distasteful jokes, but that does not mean that people have to be silent about it or seek to prevent you from saying these highly charged and arguably offensive things in places that they do not want to hear it, or telling you how awful you are. You can argue that it's better for people to hear things they don't want to hear for growth, but sometimes people are not in a place where they can do so for a long list of reasons and there are surely plenty of other spaces one can speak what they want.

I do think there is value in having difficult conversations where, for example, white people are not so afraid to say things that they are so afraid of being called racist for saying or thinking. I think this is a huge problem, actually very much so for certain white liberals who don't like to think of themselves has having racist thoughts, beliefs or benefits, but I do find it is mostly those to the right who are afraid to speak their minds on race at the risk of being called racist, because of the stigma. Ideally one can have these conversations in the right situation, but as this is such a highly fueled and sensitive topic that there are bound to be those who have strong feelings that may be difficult to put in check at times, however in the right setting with the right facilitator I believe it is possible.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
arkrud
USA
9/20/2017  12:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/20/2017  12:47 AM
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

So it is easy for them.

I can appreciate how your ancestors feel about defending against Anti Semitism or another Holocaust, but that has NOTHING to do with the U.S. being a Rubber Stamp for Bibi even if his policies would be detrimental to the U.S. That's what i'm complaining about when it comes to Trump. The U.S. can't always side with Israel on everything.

US should site with Israel only on what is good for US.
And a lot of things Israel does is good for US.
Not all of course as Israel has its own interest which can be detrimental to US.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
USA
9/20/2017  12:48 AM
nixluva wrote:

You perhaps have a unique perspective on Trump. I don't deny that a lot of what you say about him may be correct. The problem is that there's more than enough OPPOSING evidence that Trump is as bad as many are saying he is. I'm sure Trump has some very admirable qualities that come out but over time his actions have proven what kind of man he is and right now in the Presidency his true character is being revealed. As Michelle Obama said, the Presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. Donald Trump should NEVER have been allowed to be President.

You basically imply that people who elected Trump should be not allowed to elect him.
What this statement has to do with democracy which you trying to defend from Trump?
Democracy will always deprive the minorities because in democracy the majority rules.
As being minority myself I never believed in democracy being capable to promote equality.
Only Republic based on the rule of law can in theory do this and still its a struggle.
So for me it was always mind bugging why minorities over and over again are crashed and burned by believing that democracy is on their side.

TheSage
Member: #386
9/20/2017  8:30 AM
It appears to me that the subject matter of this topic has shifted from whether those who supported the Trump election still support him to a discussion of political and human rights. I support the right of any American to equal access in all things and open opportunity based upon their abilities without regard to race creed or religion without being blocked by those who speak or shout the loudest.
arkrud
USA
9/20/2017  9:57 AM
TheSage wrote:It appears to me that the subject matter of this topic has shifted from whether those who supported the Trump election still support him to a discussion of political and human rights. I support the right of any American to equal access in all things and open opportunity based upon their abilities without regard to race creed or religion without being blocked by those who speak or shout the loudest.

Absolute majority here on the board and in US in general are supporting this fundamental policy.
But many people from all groups of population will argue that the reality is different.
The abilities are defined by social and cultural development and they are very different from community to community and from person to person.
People are equal only in the grave. Equality is a religion and it is no point to argue with believers as believe cannot be changed by logical arguments.

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy