[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

8/19/2017  1:29 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Forgive the people that voted for trump, meet them with education and compassion. Making fun of them or showing hate only builds walls . The world is sensitive more so then ever we need to meet it with kindness and compassion.

I respect the sentiment generally speaking but pragmatically, all the kindness and compassion in the world is not going to turn a significant number of trump voters into Sanders or Warren voters.

the farther Democrats lean left, the more they compromise the electorate advantage they have.

I think many of us indulge in the fantasy that if Sanders was elected, things would get so much better he’d win over conservatives.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/19/2017  2:06 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Forgive the people that voted for trump, meet them with education and compassion. Making fun of them or showing hate only builds walls . The world is sensitive more so then ever we need to meet it with kindness and compassion.

I respect the sentiment generally speaking but pragmatically, all the kindness and compassion in the world is not going to turn a significant number of trump voters into Sanders or Warren voters.

the farther Democrats lean left, the more they compromise the electorate advantage they have.

I think many of us indulge in the fantasy that if Sanders was elected, things would get so much better he’d win over conservatives.

Trump doesn't really have a large enough Core Supporter that they can't be overcome. I do think that the Obama Voters that switched to Trump can most DEFINITELY be brought back. We're only talking about 80,000 people across 3 states that put Trump over the top. That's not a lot of people. It's imperative that a Leader can be identified to carry the torch for the future and win the next Election.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/19/2017  3:09 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

Your right, about turning people over. Fact is if this shyt continues how far does it go?
Nazi's did what? The unthinkable. If I see a Nazi what am I suppose to think? They want to blame me for their problems? Take whats mine? Exterminate me?
I get this clowns are frustrated, but are they willing to die for this Aryan utopia? No joke, "Jews will not replace us"..........
And the president of the united states, whose daughter and grandchildren are Jewish and this man has no gumption to refute this in our country?
Hate groups here are protected by the first amendment but remember they preach in so many words death and destruction.
Thing is these clowns can't take my money, my dignity and thus taking my life gives them nothing but they better be willing to die for that empty desire.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
8/21/2017  2:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/21/2017  2:08 PM
News Article from CNN on how much Trump is costing taxpayers just with his vacations.

Trump has taken trips almost every weekend of his presidency so far, to his properties in New Jersey, Virginia and Florida, as well as internationally -- and his adult children also require protection during their business trips and vacations.
In Trump's administration, 42 people have protection, which includes 18 members of his family -- an increase from the 31 people who had Secret Service protection in Obama's administration.
In June, CNN reported that the Secret Service was relaxing its drug policy for potential hires, as Alles laid out a plan to swell the agency's ranks by more than 3,000 employees in the coming years.
"I think between that and the fact that he has a larger family, that's just more stress on the organization. We recognize that," Alles said at the time, and added that he had been allocating resources in accordance.
According to the report, Alles has met with congressional lawmakers to discuss planned legislation to increase the combined salary and overtime cap for agents -- from $160,000 per year to $187,000. He told USA Today this would be at least for Trump's first term.
But he added that even if this were approved, about 130 agents still wouldn't be able to be paid for hundreds of hours already worked.
Secret Service cant pay agents for Trump and his family, report says
Secret Service can't pay agents for Trump and his family, report says
However, Alles said in a statement to CNN that the agency has the funding for the rest of the fiscal year.
"The Secret Service has the funding it needs to meet all current mission requirements for the remainder of the fiscal year and compensate employees for overtime within statutory pay caps," he said in the statement. "The Secret Service estimates that roughly 1,100 employees will work overtime hours in excess of statutory pay caps during calendar year 2017. Our agency experienced a similar situation in calendar year 2016 that resulted in legislation that allowed Secret Service employees to exceed statutory caps on pay."
The statement continued: "To remedy this ongoing and serious problem, the agency has worked closely with the Department of Homeland Security, the administration, and the Congress over the past several months to find a legislative solution."
The White House said in a statement that Trump "is committed to ensuring the Secret Service and all of those protecting our country have all the resources they need. We are going to continue to work with Congress on this important issue, which requires their actions."

In April, CNN reported that Trump's travel to his private club in Florida has cost more than an estimated $20 million in his first 80 days in office, putting the President on pace to surpass former President Barack Obama's eight years of spending on travel -- in only his first year in office.
Before and during the campaign season, Trump regularly criticized Obama for costing the American taxpayer money every time he took a trip, and Trump the candidate repeatedly called for belt-tightening across government agencies.
In 2014, Trump tweeted: "We pay for Obama's travel so he can fundraise millions so Democrats can run on lies. Then we pay for his golf."

Golf, by the way, is also one of Trump's regular presidential pastimes.

----

Just one of the many ways this guy is a total fraud. We need to put pressure to force Trump to come out of his own pocket for these expenses. Maybe if he has to put his money where his mouth is, he will resign. Unlikely, but I can only hope.

Trust the Process
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/22/2017  9:15 PM

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/23/2017  4:48 AM
Pathetic and offensive to Jews. You are all pathetic
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
8/23/2017  8:31 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Pathetic and offensive to Jews. You are all pathetic

I presume you are talking about Trump continuing to be a Nazi/white supremacist apologist?

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/23/2017  11:55 AM

Are you calling out Trump and his supporters?

What are you categorizing as "pathetic and offensive?"

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/23/2017  12:19 PM

I am curious as to what you're calling pathetic and offensive, especially considering a week ago you posted what I can only interpret as a justification for that Nazi bull**** in Charlottesville.

gunsnewing wrote:
The protest was to bring awareness to how white people have been neglected and shamed for the past 17yrs especially under the Obama/Hillary administration. Calling it White supremists and racism without distinguishing it from white nationalism is yet another example of politians and the media misleading the sheep while sealing the all the facts and burying them deep below the swap vault. Instead of acknowledging the facts & opening it up to a long overdue discussion. A discussion that would abolish the swamp. Ending divide and conquer and essentially putting them all out of work and drastically altering their lifestyles
knickinthehead
Member: #7517

8/23/2017  12:35 PM
When I heard Trump Mocking Disabled People, Talking about Groping Women, His Dislike Of Mexicans which I think falls under racism, and the Time he pointed to a Black guy behind him and said there's my African. All these things pointed a big red flag at the fact that Trump Is evil. After watching Trump Praise the KKK in Charlottesville I am sick to my stomach my whole family is. My grandparents lived in a community called Lake Monticello 30 miles from Charlottesville, My grandfather got Quadruple by pass surgery at University of Virginia Medical Center I spent many a summer in Charlottesville as a kid we used to go to this great Pizza place the owner recognized my grandfather all those years ago from when they were kids in Dongan Hills Staten Island NY small world isn't it all those years ago and they meet again In Charlottesville! It was a quaint little town that even Dave Mathews of The Dave Mathews Band grew up in but he was originally from South Africa! So basically seeing the KKK march through a town I spent a lot of my childhood in made me sick and seeing Trump Praise The KKK made me sick...

I can proudly say I voted Obama twice and I am damn proud to say my whole family and I voted for Hillary and we are all sickened by what Is happening to our country under Trump...

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
8/23/2017  1:03 PM
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Welpee
Member: #6239

8/23/2017  1:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/23/2017  1:14 PM
djsunyc wrote:

I wasn't cool with some of the things people put together to disparage Obama and as much as a dislike Trump I don't think this is cool either. The only reason I would tolerate it is because of some of the horrible things people directed at Obama and many justified it.
knickinthehead
Member: #7517

8/23/2017  1:33 PM
Welpee wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

I wasn't cool with some of the things people put together to disparage Obama and as much as a dislike Trump I don't think this is cool either. The only reason I would tolerate it is because of some of the horrible things people directed at Obama and many justified it.

The Difference with Obama and Trump Obama deserved none of the negative stuff thrown his way Trump Deserves It, I like the Trump Nazi Billboard because I totally agree with It!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/23/2017  2:42 PM
Billboard not offensive to me. Im jewish. This clown has monetized his moral plane. Basically he is ok with things as long as the market is up?
This is his doing. There simply no process by which not denouncing Nazi's that is acceptable.
Trump with his birther movement took the bar to a low level. This graphic depiction is pretty clever.
Is it extreme? Yeah. If your uncomfortable with it thats OK. These are uncomfortable time.
Trump presidency is all about himself.
Guns, this is your guy. Have a thick skin. You won the election, he is the president. He is being judged as a president. Not pretty.
Welpee
Member: #6239

8/23/2017  3:12 PM
knickinthehead wrote:
Welpee wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

The Difference with Obama and Trump Obama deserved none of the negative stuff thrown his way Trump Deserves It, I like the Trump Nazi Billboard because I totally agree with It!

Not to mention the fact that Trump freely insults other people.
nixluva
USA
8/24/2017  10:34 AM
I hope these Bernie voters are happy now. Looks like about 20% didn't vote for Clinton and about 12% voted for Trump!!!

These guys and those Jill Stein voters should be really proud and happy with how there votes helped elect Trump!

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/24/2017  11:03 AM
nixluva wrote:I hope these Bernie voters are happy now. Looks like about 20% didn't vote for Clinton and about 12% voted for Trump!!!

These guys and those Jill Stein voters should be really proud and happy with how there votes helped elect Trump!

What percent of the total electorate did these there categories combined make up in your opinion? Do you have any idea if it would have made a significant difference or not if they all voted for Hillary state by state ? Or are you going to keep bashing these people based on incomplete data?

You are really coming off as a hater here. I asked you multiple times, how you expect people to hold their politicians accountable other than by not voting for them and I get crickets.

The predominant story is people should vote for HRC to avoid Trump, Obama to about Romney and before him McCain/Palin, Clinton to avoid Bush. You see the problem with this right? There's always the big bad wolf out there and we need to vote for worthless centrist policies (that coddle the 1%-ers) to keep them at bay.

It's time moderates and centrists wake up and realize we don't give a **** about NAFTA and big banks, instead we care about our pocket books. You don't have to like it, but keep pushing this nonsense and you lose all credibility.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
USA
8/24/2017  11:21 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:I hope these Bernie voters are happy now. Looks like about 20% didn't vote for Clinton and about 12% voted for Trump!!!

What percent of the total electorate did these there categories combined make up in your opinion? Do you have any idea if it would have made a significant difference or not if they all voted for Hillary state by state ? Or are you going to keep bashing these people based on incomplete data?

You are really coming off as a hater here. I asked you multiple times, how you expect people to hold their politicians accountable other than by not voting for them and I get crickets.

The predominant story is people should vote for HRC to avoid Trump, Obama to about Romney and before him McCain/Palin, Clinton to avoid Bush. You see the problem with this right? There's always the big bad wolf out there and we need to vote for worthless centrist policies (that coddle the 1%-ers) to keep them at bay.

It's time moderates and centrists wake up and realize we don't give a **** about NAFTA and big banks, instead we care about our pocket books. You don't have to like it, but keep pushing this nonsense and you lose all credibility.

We do know how many votes Jill Stein got and if you were to combine those votes with the Bernie Defectors and no Votes, I have no doubt that it would've made a difference. Not to mention the fact that there were Voter Purges of AA's which shaved a few more votes. It's not just one thing but a combination.

I bring this up as a lesson to those who think it was worth it to make a statement instead of uniting behind Hillary and at least then Bernie and his voters would have a voice and a say in what is going on. Bernie had already managed to pull Hillary to the left which you seem to have forgotten. He would've had leverage to do even more with Hillary and the Dems in charge. You see these voters that wanted to make a statement and show the Moderate and Centrist Dems, only served to give total power to the Republicans. How does that help the Progressive cause??? It doesn't! So as i've said before that strategy was STUPID!

The votes mattered cuz the gap wasn't that big in the key states that put Trump over the top!!!

The most important states, though, were Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Trump won those states by 0.2, 0.7 and 0.8 percentage points, respectively — and by 10,704, 46,765 and 22,177 votes. Those three wins gave him 46 electoral votes; if Clinton had done one point better in each state, she'd have won the electoral vote, too.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/24/2017  11:48 AM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

We do know how many votes Jill Stein got and if you were to combine those votes with the Bernie Defectors and no Votes, I have no doubt that it would've made a difference. Not to mention the fact that there were Voter Purges of AA's which shaved a few more votes. It's not just one thing but a combination.

I bring this up as a lesson to those who think it was worth it to make a statement instead of uniting behind Hillary and at least then Bernie and his voters would have a voice and a say in what is going on. Bernie had already managed to pull Hillary to the left which you seem to have forgotten. He would've had leverage to do even more with Hillary and the Dems in charge. You see these voters that wanted to make a statement and show the Moderate and Centrist Dems, only served to give total power to the Republicans. How does that help the Progressive cause??? It doesn't! So as i've said before that strategy was STUPID!

The votes mattered cuz the gap wasn't that big in the key states that put Trump over the top!!!

The most important states, though, were Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Trump won those states by 0.2, 0.7 and 0.8 percentage points, respectively — and by 10,704, 46,765 and 22,177 votes. Those three wins gave him 46 electoral votes; if Clinton had done one point better in each state, she'd have won the electoral vote, too.

Knowing how many people voted for Jill Stein isn't helpful in itself. You still need to know how many of those wouldn't have voted for Jill Stein if the Democrats had filed an appropriate candidate.

I think the fact that moderates are still stewing over this, shows the strategy to send a message actually worked and the message was received. Whether they have what it takes to now take accountability for the last 45 years of BS and do something to earn our trust back is up to them.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
USA
8/24/2017  11:57 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Knowing how many people voted for Jill Stein isn't helpful in itself. You still need to know how many of those wouldn't have voted for Jill Stein if the Democrats had filed an appropriate candidate.

I think the fact that moderates are still stewing over this, shows the strategy to send a message actually worked and the message was received. Whether they have what it takes to now take accountability for the last 45 years of BS and do something to earn our trust back is up to them.

Nah! What they did was stupid as F cuz now Bernie has almost zero ability to enact a progressive agenda whereas he would've been able to get his ideas heard and many put forth if the Dems were in charge.

You guys are the proof of the folli of letting the Perfect be the enemy of the Good! Taking a smaller victory is much better than a TOTAL LOSS! Now what little gains had been made are being rolled back. If Trump wasn't such a screw up, the Republicans would've already erased most of the progress that had been made. Perhaps you are so caught up in your self righteousness that you haven't been paying attention to what Trump and the Republicans have been doing.

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy