[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/15/2017  10:26 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
arkrud wrote:I think Koreans and Jews have the right to be free of fear same as Americans. So my choice is to get read of the thread preemptively.
One problem is the delusion that the US is some modern version of superman and we can just go around the world preemptively bombing countries who we don't want to become a threat. We are not as powerful as most Americans want to believe we are and other countries are stronger than we want to admit they are. Vietnam should've have proven that Americans don't have much of an appetite for ideological wars nor do we trust our government to send us to war for legit reasons. Remember we when attacked Iraq because of their WMDs then a few weeks later Bush starting talking about the mission was to liberate the citizens of Iraq?

There are also a bunch of other countries ruled by evil dictators. What's our justification for cherry picking the citizens who have a right to be free but we neglect others? The live free argument if very arbitrary.

That last part is exactly right. The US cherry picking which countries to bully under the guise of "liberating their citizens" is why such a large population across the world hates the US. Briggs thinks it's ok for him and Trump to make threats about wiping out Korea in casual conversation. But if someone is Iran uses the same rhetoric the the same Briggs concludes it's fundamental to their core ideology. This is as clear cut an example of right wing hypocrisy as you'll get.

Naive and wrong. NK has constantly lied to the US for 50 years while they extend their weapons programs. We literally have to sit on their doorsteps with 30k troops and nuclear bombs. You think if they had no bad intentions--we would have troops there? This is a problem and it will have to be dealt with--you can be blind to it--BUT Iran and NK are serious serious issues. And akrud is right--we dont want same thing in Venezuela. Do I personally want to bomb anyone--no. But I also would have a very strong red line. I dont think any siting President will allow Iran and NK to have an arsenal that could wipe us out. They wouldnt be doing their main job. Listen each era in the history of the world has an end. Unfortunately we may be sitting on one. Nuclear proliferation is BY FAR the most important subject in the world today.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

8/15/2017  10:31 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
arkrud wrote:I think Koreans and Jews have the right to be free of fear same as Americans. So my choice is to get read of the thread preemptively.
One problem is the delusion that the US is some modern version of superman and we can just go around the world preemptively bombing countries who we don't want to become a threat. We are not as powerful as most Americans want to believe we are and other countries are stronger than we want to admit they are. Vietnam should've have proven that Americans don't have much of an appetite for ideological wars nor do we trust our government to send us to war for legit reasons. Remember we when attacked Iraq because of their WMDs then a few weeks later Bush starting talking about the mission was to liberate the citizens of Iraq?

There are also a bunch of other countries ruled by evil dictators. What's our justification for cherry picking the citizens who have a right to be free but we neglect others? The live free argument if very arbitrary.

That last part is exactly right. The US cherry picking which countries to bully under the guise of "liberating their citizens" is why such a large population across the world hates the US. Briggs thinks it's ok for him and Trump to make threats about wiping out Korea in casual conversation. But if someone is Iran uses the same rhetoric the the same Briggs concludes it's fundamental to their core ideology. This is as clear cut an example of right wing hypocrisy as you'll get.

Naive and wrong. NK has constantly lied to the US for 50 years while they extend their weapons programs. We literally have to sit on their doorsteps with 30k troops and nuclear bombs. You think if they had no bad intentions--we would have troops there? This is a problem and it will have to be dealt with--you can be blind to it--BUT Iran and NK are serious serious issues. And akrud is right--we dont want same thing in Venezuela. Do I personally want to bomb anyone--no. But I also would have a very strong red line. I dont think any siting President will allow Iran and NK to have an arsenal that could wipe us out. They wouldnt be doing their main job. Listen each era in the history of the world has an end. Unfortunately we may be sitting on one. Nuclear proliferation is BY FAR the most important subject in the world today.

Naive and wrong because you said so? Iran sand NK are threats because you can't operate in a world where you can't point to clear and present danger to push your agenda for unilateral violence against other countries. You and Arkrud are completely full of ****. Unlike you though he isn't motivated by the need to bully countries, he just drank a whole bottle of cold was propaganda as a man child and never recovered.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

8/15/2017  12:10 PM
This gets into the complexity of fighting domestic terrorism
http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw1MTa8zk
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
8/15/2017  12:33 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Naive and wrong because you said so? Iran sand NK are threats because you can't operate in a world where you can't point to clear and present danger to push your agenda for unilateral violence against other countries. You and Arkrud are completely full of ****. Unlike you though he isn't motivated by the need to bully countries, he just drank a whole bottle of cold was propaganda as a man child and never recovered.

US was and is policing the world. If you think otherwise you are naive.
We are the main guaranty of stability because we are feared. And fear is the only thing most of the rulers understand and respect.
And time after time we have to prove that we will use the military force when we think it is necessary or we are asked by our friends.
And we do just that over and over again and will continue doing so.
Most of the human race its not went far away from stone age, slavery, of feudal eras.
And many cultures are trending backward. You have to be blind to no see it.
With land, natural and human resources became plentiful the large swats of land will became a Mad-max style wastelands.
And many countries in Middle East, Central Asia , and Africa already are as such.
The world is changing and as we are moving forward many nations will end up in the dumpster of the history.
This how it always was and will always be.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
Member: #883
8/15/2017  1:33 PM
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:

We are the main guaranty of stability because we are feared.

In recent years the US has helped complete destabilize the entire middle east, and its cold war shenanigans back in the day helped destabilze much of the world.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
8/15/2017  1:42 PM
Why did it take Trump two days to denounce the KKK and white supremacists but less than an hour to attack the black CEO of Merck for leaving his council. Trump the man who has instant responses to world leaders, congressmen, and anyone else has to take two days to think about it before he decides he better denounce the KKK after two days of public pressure. But no Trump's not a racist. Wake up.
Trust the Process
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/15/2017  1:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/15/2017  2:06 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/08/15/president-trumps-claim-that-foreigners-comprise-the-vast-majority-of-terrorism-convictions-since-911/?utm_term=.221988328e10

While Trump often talks about the threat of foreigners, domestic terrorism and homegrown extremism are major concerns. Of the 85 violent extremist incidents that resulted in death since Sept. 12, 2001, 73 percent (62) were committed by far-right-wing violent extremist groups, and 27 percent (23) by radical Islamist violent extremists, according to the Government Accountability Office.

The number of deaths attributed to radical Islamist violent extremists (119) is about the same as the number attributed to far-right-wing violent extremists (106), but 41 percent of the deaths attributed to the Islamist extremists occurred at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando in 2016, the GAO found.

Federal law enforcement agencies warned in May 2017 that white supremacist groups were “responsible for a lion’s share of violent attacks among domestic extremist groups,” according to a bulletin prepared by the FBI and Department of Homeland Security, obtained by Foreign Policy. White supremacists “were responsible for 49 homicides in 26 attacks from 2000 to 2016 … more than any other domestic extremist movement,” the document shows.

Maybe Trump ought to build a wall around red states, or at the very least install red state travel ban.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/15/2017  2:05 PM
trump ran a racist campaign and is a major force in driving a bigger racial wedge in this country by his actions, not just his words. those that dont see it is bc they choose not to.

there is a REAL movement from white folks to "take back their country". those idiots that were marching? they werent grandparents...they were in their 20's and 30's. same impressionable idiots that join isis. trump is a hero to them and he loves it. its 2017 and we have a nazi rally in the US and y'all think trump is the guy to handle this?

the vitriole towards hillary wasn't just bc she was a bad candidate to them, it goes much deeper. it aint deep but it kinda really is.

meloshouldgo

8/15/2017  2:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/15/2017  2:59 PM
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:

We are the main guaranty of stability because we are feared. And fear is the only thing most of the rulers understand and respect.
And time after time we have to prove that we will use the military force when we think it is necessary or we are asked by our friends.
And we do just that over and over again and will continue doing so.
Most of the human race its not went far away from stone age, slavery, of feudal eras.
And many cultures are trending backward. You have to be blind to no see it.
With land, natural and human resources became plentiful the large swats of land will became a Mad-max style wastelands.
And many countries in Middle East, Central Asia , and Africa already are as such.
The world is changing and as we are moving forward many nations will end up in the dumpster of the history.
This how it always was and will always be.

This is why I no longer engage in conversation with you. You always confuse the issues to a point where it's no longer useful to discuss anything. I have no issues with the US being more powerful and acting as a PASSIVE deterrent to violence.

But the rest of the gobbledegook you posted where you said we act again and again when we think it's necessary or at the request of friends is the bull**** I have a problem with. You may subscribe to the world view that we need to be the biggest bully in the school yard in order for the world to have peace, but just looking at the amount of crap going on in the world suggests otherwise. Nobody died and appointed us the ultimate decision maker on what an independent country can or can't do. But you guys are so fully invested in that idea that you can't tell the difference between peacekeeping and bullying. For the record Iran has not been at war for over a century but you need to make it sound like they are about to destroy the world so you can justify violence against them. Power is like porn for you.

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
8/15/2017  2:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/15/2017  2:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Nazi killed half my family. My Grandfather's 3 brothers and two sisters and families all dead. My Grandfather had tattoo on his arm from death camp.

This was the largest gathering of these people in 10 years? How many 2000? There are over 225 mm white people in this country. I think it speaks volumes how many people are in "cahoots" with these people. They are mostly young lost souls--they have no definition of life. Its going to happen. This is just another chance to blame"white person" or to group them in with "hate". The funny thing is on the other end--white person sticking up for for all and gave her life.

Every last person who voted for DT is NOT a racist or even close. You had a choice "Hillary Clinton" a proven bull **** artist who had more baggage than a mobster or Donald Trump who wanted to work hard and provide a better path economically shore up the borders and reduce taxes. That was the choice. She lost because she didnt even think it was important to go to some of these states? She was as obnoxious and arrogant as her followers. And whether DT is or is not a good President--Im sure most people are happy to shove it up the arse of many of these arrogant bastards at the very least. Do I think DT is some kind of white supremacist? I dont see anything in his life that he had any attacks against Jews Chinese Black Hispanic etc.. Many Hispanics coming from Mexico are just here to take advantage of loopholes in our system--its their fault for coming in illegally--no one else. The biggest joke is that a majority of these uppity people are the worst type of racist--the ones who talk behind the back. My opinion./

Yet you were fine with supporting a candidate who led the "Birther" movement against Obama, even offering $5m to get people to find his college records saying he faked that and that his own book was ghost written by a white man. Generalized the labeling of Mexican undocumented immigrants as "rapists" and "murderers."

Do I need to go on?

If supporting someone who engages in multiple acts of overt racism is not racist, I do not know what else to call it.

Being white and being racist is not exactly a big shock and it doesn't mean your life is over and you are labeled forever a horrible human being.

I'm white and I benefit from racism and white supremacy every day. I've had racist thoughts because our society creates this mindset in whites, and enhances them when you aren't getting enough exposure, education and human experiences with those who have a far better understanding of the subject. Yet a too many white people think they are experts in the lives of black and brown people, but barely know more than a handful of such people, and who often do not represent a diverse range of experiences from their worlds. We also don't talk about race as much because it doesn't mean as much to us. That's privilege. I had to learn to challenge and consider my ideas, even as someone who thought they were "progressive"...actually I was the definition of a "white liberal" in some ways. It takes some experiences and learning to get past that, but sadly so many can't move past the denial phase even.

I also have family who died in the Holocaust but I now don't go around trying engage in a victimized pissing context with black and brown people in America because Jews nor any former European immigrant group that came in the 19th and 20th century who was once outsiders -- Jews, Irish, Germans, Italians -- are now part of the white people clan and we don't experience anything remotely close to the negatives of what results from white supremacy, privilege and systemic and institutional racism today...and in fact continue to benefit from it, even poor white people.

White people always like to talk about class rather than race, but research actually shows that even if you account for class, race (read: not being white) still leads to negative health outcomes.

But all of this is too uncomfortable and feels too "Selth loathing" of "snowflakes" (actually they're the REAL "snowflakes" if you wanna go there, to me) for "tough" white guys who like Trump's teenage bully talk, and as with privilege and even racial identity theories go, denial is always the first phase when you aren't used to something. Similar to loss. It also explains why there are so many angry white people because anger is also a phase regarding loss. Perspective is just lacking because white people have not had to suffer as much in the neoliberal capitalism era until more recently.

It's the way it is, but we just don't want to hear it. Don't worry, I've been there, but do you want to stay in the same place or develop and grow?

Peace.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
Knickoftime

8/15/2017  2:42 PM

This retweet says a ton about Trump's worldview in 114 characters.

1.) It is by an alt-rights conspiracy theorist.
2.) He's capriciously using the violence in Chicago as a tool criticize the media.
3.) He took this weekend personally. He's pushing back on the fact that this happened and the media's sole focus this weekend was on his watch.
This is further demonstrated by him beginning both statements about the weekend extolling what he sees are the virtues of his administration. He was defensive and didn't want to be held responsible.

And most importantly, adding two and three together:

4.) He doesn't feel any natural responsibility or any defensiveness for what's happening in Chicago.

Consider for a moment why he's defensive about the events in Charlottesville but indifferent and in fact critical of the violence in Chicago?

It doesn't take a psychologist to figure it out.

Those aren't his constituency in Chicago and it isn't his problem and he'll use it as a political tool.

djsunyc
8/15/2017  2:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/15/2017  2:57 PM
PresIke wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Nazi killed half my family. My Grandfather's 3 brothers and two sisters and families all dead. My Grandfather had tattoo on his arm from death camp.

This was the largest gathering of these people in 10 years? How many 2000? There are over 225 mm white people in this country. I think it speaks volumes how many people are in "cahoots" with these people. They are mostly young lost souls--they have no definition of life. Its going to happen. This is just another chance to blame"white person" or to group them in with "hate". The funny thing is on the other end--white person sticking up for for all and gave her life.

Every last person who voted for DT is NOT a racist or even close. You had a choice "Hillary Clinton" a proven bull **** artist who had more baggage than a mobster or Donald Trump who wanted to work hard and provide a better path economically shore up the borders and reduce taxes. That was the choice. She lost because she didnt even think it was important to go to some of these states? She was as obnoxious and arrogant as her followers. And whether DT is or is not a good President--Im sure most people are happy to shove it up the arse of many of these arrogant bastards at the very least. Do I think DT is some kind of white supremacist? I dont see anything in his life that he had any attacks against Jews Chinese Black Hispanic etc.. Many Hispanics coming from Mexico are just here to take advantage of loopholes in our system--its their fault for coming in illegally--no one else. The biggest joke is that a majority of these uppity people are the worst type of racist--the ones who talk behind the back. My opinion./

Yet you were fine with supporting a candidate who led the "Birther" movement against Obama, even offering $5m to get people to find his college records saying he faked that and that his own book was ghost written by a white man. Generalized the labeling of Mexican undocumented immigrants as "rapists" and "murderers."

Do I need to go on?

If supporting someone who engages in multiple acts of overt racism is not racist, I do not know what else to call it.

Being white and being racist is not exactly a big shock and it doesn't mean your life is over and you are labeled forever a horrible human being.

I'm white and I benefit from racism and white supremacy every day. I've had racist thoughts because our society creates this mindset in whites, and enhances them when you aren't getting enough exposure, education and human experiences with those who have a far better understanding of the subject. Yet a too many white people think they are experts in the lives of black and brown people, but barely know more than a handful of such people, and who often do not represent a diverse range of experiences from their worlds. We also don't talk about race as much because it doesn't mean as much to us. That's privilege. I had to learn to challenge and consider my ideas, even as someone who thought they were "progressive"...actually I was the definition of a "white liberal" in some ways. It takes some experiences and learning to get past that, but sadly so many can't move past the denial phase even.

I also have family who died in the Holocaust but I now don't go around trying engage in a victimized pissing context with black and brown people in America because Jews nor any former European immigrant group that came in the 19th and 20th century who was once outsiders -- Jews, Irish, Germans, Italians -- are now part of the white people clan and we don't experience anything remotely close to the negatives of what results from white supremacy, privilege and systemic and institutional racism today...and in fact continue to benefit from it, even poor white people.

White people always like to talk about class rather than race, but research actually shows that even if you account for class, race (read: not being white) still leads to negative health outcomes.

But all of this is too uncomfortable and feels too "Selth loathing" of "snowflakes" (actually they're the REAL "snowflakes" if you wanna go there, to me) for "tough" white guys who like Trump's teenage bully talk, and as with privilege and even racial identity theories go, denial is always the first phase when you aren't used to something. Similar to loss. It also explains why there are so many angry white people because anger is also a phase regarding loss. Perspective is just lacking because white people have not had to suffer as much in the neoliberal capitalism era until more recently.

It's the way it is, but we just don't want to hear it. Don't worry, I've been there, but do you want to stay in the same place or develop and grow?

Peace.

great post.

often times, people criticize millenials for expecting things to be handed to them. but this is trump's white base's philosphy. they feel like they've been wronged and deserve better. it's the utter lack of self awareness that's mind boggling. and it's scary when white folks with college degrees believe the same thing. no matter the degree, everyone can be hoodwinked b/c many people, at their core, like to be told what to do or how to think.

djsunyc
8/15/2017  2:59 PM
but it's not surprising - 8 years of a black president had all these people so angry.
djsunyc
8/15/2017  3:00 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

2.) He's capriciously using the violence in Chicago as a tool criticize the media.
3.) He took this weekend personally. He's pushing back on the fact that this happened and the media's sole focus this weekend was on his watch.
This is further demonstrated by him beginning both statements about the weekend extolling what he sees are the virtues of his administration. He was defensive and didn't want to be held responsible.

4.) He doesn't feel any natural responsibility or any defensiveness for what's happening in Chicago.

Consider for a moment why he's defensive about the events in Charlottesville but indifferent and in fact critical of the violence in Chicago?

Those aren't his constituency in Chicago and it isn't his problem and he'll use it as a political tool.

did that fat f ck actually retweet that?

djsunyc
8/15/2017  3:02 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/14/trump-seriously-considering-pardon-for-sheriff-joe-arpaio.html

yeah, this guy ain't racist at all.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/15/2017  3:03 PM

BRIGGS this is pretty telling. "Hillary a proven bull **** artist who had more baggage than a mobster".

Trump is a known con man, his baggage is legendary, and he has known ties to the mob.

Birtherism, grabs women by the *****, ripped off people left and right, several high level campaign members with ties to White Nationalists and the like. Should we go on?

You see what you want by throwing your head into the ground and spouting off nonsense.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knickoftime

8/15/2017  3:10 PM
djsunyc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

did that fat f ck actually retweet that?

Yes, and unlike two other tweets he has since deleted in the last 24 hours, That one remains.

BRIGGS
8/15/2017  3:19 PM
PresIke wrote:

Do I need to go on?

Peace.

Self-righteous all the way as are most of your "diatribes" I never say anything because I dont like to get personal with anyone. Check yourself before you comment about someone else.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
8/15/2017  3:32 PM
martin wrote:

BRIGGS this is pretty telling. "Hillary a proven bull **** artist who had more baggage than a mobster".

Trump is a known con man, his baggage is legendary, and he has known ties to the mob.

Birtherism, grabs women by the *****, ripped off people left and right, several high level campaign members with ties to White Nationalists and the like. Should we go on?

You see what you want by throwing your head into the ground and spouting off nonsense.

If you read my post closely--it clearly states that both choices were flawed. I chose the person who I felt wanted the job more and had some common sens e view points that I agreed with. Of course not all--but he has some good points. Just look at your post to me---so you think Hillary is not a BSer? Almost every man has grabbed a woman by the ***** martin--I think were adult enough to concede it happens. He didnt go around committing rape--he said since he was famous--women threw themselves at him. That was crude comment from Trump at best. Im not here saying this mans great this mans perfect--hes a narcissist and slants slightly to a radical side

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/15/2017  3:37 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

If you read my post closely--it clearly states that both choices were flawed. I chose the person who I felt wanted the job more and had some common sens e view points that I agreed with. Of course not all--but he has some good points. Just look at your post to me---so you think Hillary is not a BSer? Almost every man has grabbed a woman by the ***** martin--I think were adult enough to concede it happens. He didnt go around committing rape--he said since he was famous--women threw themselves at him. That was crude comment from Trump at best. Im not here saying this mans great this mans perfect--hes a narcissist and slants slightly to a radical side

gotta say Ive never grabbed a woman's ***** in any situation aside from when it was clearly appropriate to do so. Jesus man do you have a daughter? When she comes home from for her first weekend from college and tells you a professor grabbed her by the ***** what are you going to say? It happens? We have all done it? WTF? No sir... no we havent.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy