[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
TheGame
Posts: 25160
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/15/2006
Member: #1154
USA
7/20/2017  10:41 PM
Now that the latest bomb is out that this guy is asking his attorneys if he can pardon himself and his family and he throws his AG under the bus because he recused himself from the Russia investigation(and thus, Trump can't control the investigation) are those of you who voted for him happy with your decision? I am curious how the other side sees this.

I also wanted to mention a funny thing I noticed about Fox News. Whenever a story comes out about Trump you can tell how bad it is by the top story on Fox News website. If the top story on the first page is about Obama, Hillary Clinton, or leaks, then the mainstream story about Trump was very damaging. I have looked at this for the past three months and it never fails. They try to diffuse any bad story about Trump with something about obama (no longer president), Hillary Clinton (no longer anything) or leaks (the same leaks Trump was cheering as a candidate). It is laughable. Eventually their followers will stop falling for it and realize that Fox News is not fair or balanced.

Playoffs or bust
AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Posts: 26483
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

7/20/2017  10:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/20/2017  10:47 PM
You already know gunsewing does, lol.

And the Fox News audience will remain the Fox News audience until they die off. Their average viewer is about what, 71 years old? People that age won't change their opinions on anything. And more importantly, anyone that watches Fox News doesn't really care about objective facts. They care about trying to make a point. So I'm not sure why you think that newfound facts would deter them from proceeding as usual.

franco12
Posts: 29874
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 2/19/2004
Member: #599
USA
7/20/2017  11:07 PM
Sorry if I offend anyone, but to me this is a basic intelligence test.

If you don't see what Trump has done over the last 6 as wrong, then I honestly should not have to share air with you. You aren't American, you don't have the basic civil understanding of how to live in a democracy.

I understand why some people vote for him - a desire to shake things up, perhaps a hatred of Clinton.

However, having seen first hand, assuming anyone has paid attention to the news, what he has done and how he has interacted with Russia, our government, the FBI, etc., etc., you can't accept any of this. This is unamerican, and if the Republicans don't impeach him, history will look back at this time as the time the republican party died, and failed as an organization to function in a healthy way.

mlby1215
Posts: 20247
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/16/2017
Member: #6486

7/20/2017  11:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/20/2017  11:49 PM
Let me bring this a little bit "on topic".

One thing Trump has done right is that he never backed down before media. If he bent his knee and asked for forgiveness, would the media forgive him? Those people didn't vote for him still won't, and those people supporting him still would. It is not about making your enemies loving you, it is about making your supporters staying with you. (so it is a bad move about Sessions)

Going back Knicks and Phil. Did killing Phil accomplish anything? FA still did not come. Those people didn't come because Phil still would not come (unless vastly overpaid) because we are weak. If Phil were here, he still would attract "some" guys who respected him. A team only has 17 slots, why should a leader look to be loved by everyone? He only has to have 17 good players willing to work here. It is not beauty contest. Looking for acceptance clouds our fans a lot. Many of us really wants to join the "mass". We want to join the party. So we want to do everything people say we should do. Inside, we are very insecure.

izybx
Posts: 22360
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/16/2006
Member: #1178
USA
7/21/2017  12:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2017  12:56 AM
TheGame wrote:Now that the latest bomb is out that this guy is asking his attorneys if he can pardon himself and his family and he throws his AG under the bus because he recused himself from the Russia investigation(and thus, Trump can't control the investigation) are those of you who voted for him happy with your decision? I am curious how the other side sees this.

I also wanted to mention a funny thing I noticed about Fox News. Whenever a story comes out about Trump you can tell how bad it is by the top story on Fox News website. If the top story on the first page is about Obama, Hillary Clinton, or leaks, then the mainstream story about Trump was very damaging. I have looked at this for the past three months and it never fails. They try to diffuse any bad story about Trump with something about obama (no longer president), Hillary Clinton (no longer anything) or leaks (the same leaks Trump was cheering as a candidate). It is laughable. Eventually their followers will stop falling for it and realize that Fox News is not fair or balanced.

As a conservative I was a reluctant Trump voter. Don't regret my choice considering the alternative. In the context of Russia, what exactly did Trump do again? What crime are we investigating? What illegal act was committed by Trump?

I know the answer to this BTW, and the answer is there is no crime. (Oh yes obstruction of justice. Ok)

How long will you guys chase this Russia story down the rabbit hole? If you were Trump wouldn't you be just a bit irritated by the whole thing? I mean, the investigation has been going on close to a year with 5 different investigating entities, what has been found?

And Franco, by referring to a "basic intelligence test" what type of conversation are you hoping to have? Is it possible for an intelligent person to disagree with you? Is everyone that agrees with you smart? Is that the test? Lmao you liberals wonder why Trunp won...

Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
ramtour420
Posts: 23524
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 3/19/2007
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
7/21/2017  1:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2017  1:40 AM
NardDogNation wrote:You already know gunsewing does, lol.

And the Fox News audience will remain the Fox News audience until they die off. Their average viewer is about what, 71 years old? People that age won't change their opinions on anything. And more importantly, anyone that watches Fox News doesn't really care about objective facts. They care about trying to make a point. So I'm not sure why you think that newfound facts would deter them from proceeding as usual.

You mentioned not caring about objective facts and instead caring about making a point, this is actually a quite brilliant topic. The video below is from TED talks, one of my fav YouTube channels. And it pretty much illustrates your point and has nothing to do with politics, rather psychological ways about how people's decision making operates. I really enjoyed watching it and wanted to share

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will be as one." -J.Lennon
Knickoftime
Posts: 23205
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

7/21/2017  2:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2017  2:10 AM
izybx wrote:As a conservative I was a reluctant Trump voter. Don't regret my choice considering the alternative. In the context of Russia, what exactly did Trump do again? What crime are we investigating? What illegal act was committed by Trump?

I know the answer to this BTW, and the answer is there is no crime. (Oh yes obstruction of justice. Ok)

How long will you guys chase this Russia story down the rabbit hole? If you were Trump wouldn't you be just a bit irritated by the whole thing? I mean, the investigation has been going on close to a year with 5 different investigating entities, what has been found?

The objectively correct answer to your question is you or I don't know. Neither does the NYT, the Washington Post or CNN.

For that matter, Robert Mueller, and the House and Senate Intelligence Committees may not know either.

Nor do we necessarily know what they know.

One cannot conclude that because something isn't publicly disclosed that means there are no findings. Nor can one conclude they will or will not find something during the course of three different investigations, none of which have concluded yet.

Now I'm not going to go down the 'rabbit hole' of speculating about odd behavior, and the investigations may find he did nothing. That's entirely possible.

But we don't know that yet either.

It is subjective, not objective, to conclude where there is smoke there is fire and it is subjective, not objective to conclude because we don't know of something today, that means it does not exist.

Any answer you may conclude you know, you don't. It's a prediction that you believe.

I have my beliefs and prediction as well, but I DON'T know if he has or has not done anything.

Sinix
Posts: 20452
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/21/2017
Member: #7495

7/21/2017  5:45 AM
With all that's come out about the Russia story being fabricated how could one still buy into this fake news? Probably says a lot about how you easily eat up propaganda.
TheGame
Posts: 25160
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/15/2006
Member: #1154
USA
7/21/2017  6:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2017  6:33 AM
izybx wrote:
TheGame wrote:Now that the latest bomb is out that this guy is asking his attorneys if he can pardon himself and his family and he throws his AG under the bus because he recused himself from the Russia investigation(and thus, Trump can't control the investigation) are those of you who voted for him happy with your decision? I am curious how the other side sees this.

I also wanted to mention a funny thing I noticed about Fox News. Whenever a story comes out about Trump you can tell how bad it is by the top story on Fox News website. If the top story on the first page is about Obama, Hillary Clinton, or leaks, then the mainstream story about Trump was very damaging. I have looked at this for the past three months and it never fails. They try to diffuse any bad story about Trump with something about obama (no longer president), Hillary Clinton (no longer anything) or leaks (the same leaks Trump was cheering as a candidate). It is laughable. Eventually their followers will stop falling for it and realize that Fox News is not fair or balanced.

As a conservative I was a reluctant Trump voter. Don't regret my choice considering the alternative. In the context of Russia, what exactly did Trump do again? What crime are we investigating? What illegal act was committed by Trump?

I know the answer to this BTW, and the answer is there is no crime. (Oh yes obstruction of justice. Ok)

How long will you guys chase this Russia story down the rabbit hole? If you were Trump wouldn't you be just a bit irritated by the whole thing? I mean, the investigation has been going on close to a year with 5 different investigating entities, what has been found?

And Franco, by referring to a "basic intelligence test" what type of conversation are you hoping to have? Is it possible for an intelligent person to disagree with you? Is everyone that agrees with you smart? Is that the test? Lmao you liberals wonder why Trunp won...

This is the reason it matters. When you are an American citizen and you work with a foreign power to corrupt the American democratic election process, there is a word they call that. What is it again? Oh, yeah, it is treason!! It simply boggles my mind that Trump supports were clamoring to hang Hillary Clinton for simply keeping some emails on a private server when there was no evidence anyone other than Clinton had ever accessed it. Yet, Trump supporters seem to have no problem that Trump's campaign was meeting with RUSSIAN agents and working with people to get information from a foreign power to interfere with the American election. That apparently is not a problem. Plus, there is more that is coming out in the Russia investigation. Why do you think Trump never wanted his tax returns released? It was not about him not paying taxes. It was about the amount of money this guy was getting from the Russian government and Russian interests. Conservatives complain that the media won't let the Russian investigation go, but it is really Trump who won't let it go. Why fire Comey? Why throw Sessions under the bus? I mean think about it. This guy says that, if he knew Sessions was going to recuse himself from the Russian investigation, he would not have appointed him. WTF??? The Russian investigation is just one of thousands of matters that the AG handles, but Trump's only concern is the Russian investigation and he only wanted someone who he could control running the investigation. Yet, I guess this is all just bogus and nothing wrong occurred.

Playoffs or bust
Sinix
Posts: 20452
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/21/2017
Member: #7495

7/21/2017  6:43 AM
TheGame wrote:
izybx wrote:
TheGame wrote:Now that the latest bomb is out that this guy is asking his attorneys if he can pardon himself and his family and he throws his AG under the bus because he recused himself from the Russia investigation(and thus, Trump can't control the investigation) are those of you who voted for him happy with your decision? I am curious how the other side sees this.

I also wanted to mention a funny thing I noticed about Fox News. Whenever a story comes out about Trump you can tell how bad it is by the top story on Fox News website. If the top story on the first page is about Obama, Hillary Clinton, or leaks, then the mainstream story about Trump was very damaging. I have looked at this for the past three months and it never fails. They try to diffuse any bad story about Trump with something about obama (no longer president), Hillary Clinton (no longer anything) or leaks (the same leaks Trump was cheering as a candidate). It is laughable. Eventually their followers will stop falling for it and realize that Fox News is not fair or balanced.

As a conservative I was a reluctant Trump voter. Don't regret my choice considering the alternative. In the context of Russia, what exactly did Trump do again? What crime are we investigating? What illegal act was committed by Trump?

I know the answer to this BTW, and the answer is there is no crime. (Oh yes obstruction of justice. Ok)

How long will you guys chase this Russia story down the rabbit hole? If you were Trump wouldn't you be just a bit irritated by the whole thing? I mean, the investigation has been going on close to a year with 5 different investigating entities, what has been found?

And Franco, by referring to a "basic intelligence test" what type of conversation are you hoping to have? Is it possible for an intelligent person to disagree with you? Is everyone that agrees with you smart? Is that the test? Lmao you liberals wonder why Trunp won...

This is the reason it matters. When you are an American citizen and you work with a foreign power to corrupt the American democratic election process, there is a word they call that. What is it again? Oh, yeah, it is treason!! It simply boggles my mind that Trump supports were clamoring to hang Hillary Clinton for simply keeping some emails on a private server when there was no evidence anyone other than Clinton had ever accessed it. Yet, Trump supporters seem to have no problem that Trump's campaign was meeting with RUSSIAN agents and working with people to get information from a foreign power to interfere with the American election. That apparently is not a problem. Plus, there is more that is coming out in the Russia investigation. Why do you think Trump never wanted his tax returns released? It was not about him not paying taxes. It was about the amount of money this guy was getting from the Russian government and Russian interests. Conservatives complain that the media won't let the Russian investigation go, but it is really Trump who won't let it go. Why fire Comey? Why throw Sessions under the bus? I mean think about it. This guy says that, if he knew Sessions was going to recuse himself from the Russian investigation, he would not have appointed him. WTF??? The Russian investigation is just one of thousands of matters that the AG handles, but Trump's only concern is the Russian investigation and he only wanted someone who he could control running the investigation. Yet, I guess this is all just bogus and nothing wrong occurred.

Markji
Posts: 22719
Alba Posts: -4
Joined: 9/14/2007
Member: #1673
USA
7/21/2017  8:14 AM
ramtour420 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:You already know gunsewing does, lol.

And the Fox News audience will remain the Fox News audience until they die off. Their average viewer is about what, 71 years old? People that age won't change their opinions on anything. And more importantly, anyone that watches Fox News doesn't really care about objective facts. They care about trying to make a point. So I'm not sure why you think that newfound facts would deter them from proceeding as usual.

You mentioned not caring about objective facts and instead caring about making a point, this is actually a quite brilliant topic. The video below is from TED talks, one of my fav YouTube channels. And it pretty much illustrates your point and has nothing to do with politics, rather psychological ways about how people's decision making operates. I really enjoyed watching it and wanted to share

Ramtour - Excellent TED talk. It explains a lot about the people we interact with, especially when politics comes up. Or attending a "brainstorming session" where some people openly discuss various ideas and others just keep pushing their own agenda; and not being open to consider anyone else's ideas. Discussing politics today, people get wildly emotional and reason goes out the window. Emotions are deeper and more basic than logic and reason, so emotions trump the intellect. And that is the situation we have today. Too many soldiers; not enough scouts.

NardDog - Re: Older people won't change and watch Fox news. I'm in my late 60's and I feel I am very open to new ideas and change. I also don't watch Fox News and am fiercely Independent when it comes to politics. I don't trust most politicians in either of the two main parties. However, I believe that there are some good people in politics and I hope they rise up to guide and govern our country. We need it.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
fishmike
Posts: 47776
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
7/21/2017  8:49 AM
900+ tweets. Not one piece of major legislation.

Proven incapable of acting presidential.
Attacks on individuals of the media are beyond embarrassing.
Straight up anti-environment. The coal EO is sickening.
Typical GOP, cut social programs, give huge tax breaks to rich and corporations.

The democratic party is bad right now. The GOP is an utter embarrassment. They would rather see Americans lose health care so they can be happy Obamacare failed then actually serve the people and come up with something better.

People who voted for him can suck my ass. You got exactly what was advertised. Everyone knew he was a crook and a scumbag, but he was anti-Hillary so his taint cheese didnt taste so salty. No matter how much Fox news you watch or "I hate literals" Facebook groups you join the truth is there and its painful to watch and unfold.

He has hurt our country and succeeded in further dividing it. He hurts Americans. He's always lied constantly, which his voters ignored. I can only hope the next will be better be that person blue or red.

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
Moonangie
Posts: 24346
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 7/9/2009
Member: #2788

7/21/2017  8:56 AM
izybx wrote:
TheGame wrote:Now that the latest bomb is out that this guy is asking his attorneys if he can pardon himself and his family and he throws his AG under the bus because he recused himself from the Russia investigation(and thus, Trump can't control the investigation) are those of you who voted for him happy with your decision? I am curious how the other side sees this.

I also wanted to mention a funny thing I noticed about Fox News. Whenever a story comes out about Trump you can tell how bad it is by the top story on Fox News website. If the top story on the first page is about Obama, Hillary Clinton, or leaks, then the mainstream story about Trump was very damaging. I have looked at this for the past three months and it never fails. They try to diffuse any bad story about Trump with something about obama (no longer president), Hillary Clinton (no longer anything) or leaks (the same leaks Trump was cheering as a candidate). It is laughable. Eventually their followers will stop falling for it and realize that Fox News is not fair or balanced.

As a conservative I was a reluctant Trump voter. Don't regret my choice considering the alternative. In the context of Russia, what exactly did Trump do again? What crime are we investigating? What illegal act was committed by Trump?

I know the answer to this BTW, and the answer is there is no crime. (Oh yes obstruction of justice. Ok)

How long will you guys chase this Russia story down the rabbit hole? If you were Trump wouldn't you be just a bit irritated by the whole thing? I mean, the investigation has been going on close to a year with 5 different investigating entities, what has been found?

And Franco, by referring to a "basic intelligence test" what type of conversation are you hoping to have? Is it possible for an intelligent person to disagree with you? Is everyone that agrees with you smart? Is that the test? Lmao you liberals wonder why Trunp won...

LOL. Holy shyte, is that the very definition of the pot calling the kettle "black"? Republicans have perfected the art of the perpetual investigation based on political motives.

But this is different. Our national security interests matter. As does the rule of law.

Sinix
Posts: 20452
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/21/2017
Member: #7495

7/21/2017  8:59 AM
Moonangie wrote:
izybx wrote:
TheGame wrote:Now that the latest bomb is out that this guy is asking his attorneys if he can pardon himself and his family and he throws his AG under the bus because he recused himself from the Russia investigation(and thus, Trump can't control the investigation) are those of you who voted for him happy with your decision? I am curious how the other side sees this.

I also wanted to mention a funny thing I noticed about Fox News. Whenever a story comes out about Trump you can tell how bad it is by the top story on Fox News website. If the top story on the first page is about Obama, Hillary Clinton, or leaks, then the mainstream story about Trump was very damaging. I have looked at this for the past three months and it never fails. They try to diffuse any bad story about Trump with something about obama (no longer president), Hillary Clinton (no longer anything) or leaks (the same leaks Trump was cheering as a candidate). It is laughable. Eventually their followers will stop falling for it and realize that Fox News is not fair or balanced.

As a conservative I was a reluctant Trump voter. Don't regret my choice considering the alternative. In the context of Russia, what exactly did Trump do again? What crime are we investigating? What illegal act was committed by Trump?

I know the answer to this BTW, and the answer is there is no crime. (Oh yes obstruction of justice. Ok)

How long will you guys chase this Russia story down the rabbit hole? If you were Trump wouldn't you be just a bit irritated by the whole thing? I mean, the investigation has been going on close to a year with 5 different investigating entities, what has been found?

And Franco, by referring to a "basic intelligence test" what type of conversation are you hoping to have? Is it possible for an intelligent person to disagree with you? Is everyone that agrees with you smart? Is that the test? Lmao you liberals wonder why Trunp won...

LOL. Holy shyte, is that the very definition of the pot calling the kettle "black"? Republicans have perfected the art of the perpetual investigation based on political motives.

But this is different. Our national security interests matter. As does the rule of law.

"We're going to do the same thing we whine about is unethical..... except when we do it it's different."

arkrud
Posts: 30750
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
7/21/2017  9:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2017  9:28 AM
fishmike wrote:900+ tweets. Not one piece of major legislation.

Proven incapable of acting presidential.
Attacks on individuals of the media are beyond embarrassing.
Straight up anti-environment. The coal EO is sickening.
Typical GOP, cut social programs, give huge tax breaks to rich and corporations.

The democratic party is bad right now. The GOP is an utter embarrassment. They would rather see Americans lose health care so they can be happy Obamacare failed then actually serve the people and come up with something better.

People who voted for him can suck my ass. You got exactly what was advertised. Everyone knew he was a crook and a scumbag, but he was anti-Hillary so his taint cheese didnt taste so salty. No matter how much Fox news you watch or "I hate literals" Facebook groups you join the truth is there and its painful to watch and unfold.

He has hurt our country and succeeded in further dividing it. He hurts Americans. He's always lied constantly, which his voters ignored. I can only hope the next will be better be that person blue or red.

Trump is entertaining and it is all that matters.
Press likes him even if all they do are hate stories - he makes him money and gives them easy meat to eat.
The belief that President, Dems, or Reps can change anything in the ways of this country and personal life on Americans is nothing but great illusion.
We our-self the only makers of our life. So the less any kind of government is in our way the better.
So if Trump will accomplish nothing in his one or 2 terms to me he will be the best president ever.
So far I like it very much. A lot of fun, economy is coming up, enemies are scared to death. Greta job!!!

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27131
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

7/21/2017  9:27 AM
Sinix wrote:With all that's come out about the Russia story being fabricated how could one still buy into this fake news? Probably says a lot about how you easily eat up propaganda.

One clearly lives a sheltered life...doesn't one.

Trump's continued whining and threatening actually proves he did something wrong or is covering up something his people did, but Don Jr. and Kushner being involved means that Trump was aware of everything.

One does not react to a "nothing burger" in this way...

Get real.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
arkrud
Posts: 30750
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
7/21/2017  9:34 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Sinix wrote:With all that's come out about the Russia story being fabricated how could one still buy into this fake news? Probably says a lot about how you easily eat up propaganda.

One clearly lives a sheltered life...doesn't one.

Trump's continued whining and threatening actually proves he did something wrong or is covering up something his people did, but Don Jr. and Kushner being involved means that Trump was aware of everything.

One does not react to a "nothing burger" in this way...

Get real.

Trump and Co were looking for any dirt on Hillary so why its matter from were it comes - from CIA or KGB/FSB?
They are the same people anyways. All secret services are twin-brothers.
Hillary and Dems were not looking for same as they were too confident that they win the thing anyways.
OOPS... They lost. What a pity...
But in general who cares. Politician are all junk and as much all of them fail the better for regular folks.

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
Sinix
Posts: 20452
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/21/2017
Member: #7495

7/21/2017  9:43 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Sinix wrote:With all that's come out about the Russia story being fabricated how could one still buy into this fake news? Probably says a lot about how you easily eat up propaganda.

One clearly lives a sheltered life...doesn't one.

Trump's continued whining and threatening actually proves he did something wrong or is covering up something his people did, but Don Jr. and Kushner being involved means that Trump was aware of everything.

One does not react to a "nothing burger" in this way...

Get real.

So if you harass a guy at his job enough and he eventually responds, it means he's covering something up. Nice to know.

Let me know where you work so I can come in and give you an earful while you're trying to get important things done. We'll see how long you are 'innocent'.

anrst
Posts: 22340
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/7/2005
Member: #1054
USA
7/21/2017  9:44 AM
anyone who supports trump is an idiot. end of story.
arkrud
Posts: 30750
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
7/21/2017  10:05 AM
anrst wrote:anyone who supports trump is an idiot. end of story.

Always great to hear smart thing from smart people like you.
Keep up the great job... Trump twin brother.

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.