[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

some thoughts and some legit vet mins, low contracts, or even LEGIT trades that can be attainable
Author Thread
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
7/15/2017  8:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/15/2017  9:00 PM
I think the undrafted player that got waived by the Lakers from acquiring KCP, David NWBA or something looked like a solid player that the Bulls picked up

Jonathan Simmons at a 3year 8m per year deal is a solid pick up

Would have loved Simmons from a strong culture in San Antonio that is athletic and a good defender
Rudy Gay is a steal at the price that SA got him for, he still has LEGIT NBA FREAKISH LENGTH/ATHLETIC abilities
8m per year

============
Anyway, what are some realistic low contract players, whether VET MINS or 2-3year deals on low contracts
There could be an arguement made for players that would want to come and NOT want to come with or without CA on the roster with an UPTEMPO OFFENSE?

I was NEVER a fan on Tim Hardaway JR, however, he looked much improved last year on both OFFENSE and DEFENSE
When he was a Knick, we had JR Smith/Iman Shumpert and it just diddn't make much sense to me....

Will CA be detrimental to our staff/coaches/player development/ etc if he is NOT TRADED?
DID HE EVER REALLY WANT TO STAY AS A KNICK???
IMO, I think he has given Porzinges some bad habits already, both on and off the court

What are Some SUMMER LEAGUE STANDOUTS?
=========================================

There are many PG's Combo Guards along with Dwight Byucks, Wayne Selden, GS backup PG/SG, and many others, Anthony Brown, forgot the names for some...

KEVIN DING *JEREMY LIN/Ron Baker at the SG position*??? HIGH BB IQ

*THE YOUNG* Mike James who has played in Europe for a couple of years?

We have our 2nd round combo guard 2017 Draft pick in

Damyean Dotson

Jamel Artis

Luke Kornet

Christian Wood
when he entered the draft he was too raw but he has great upside and his been 2 seasons since and could become the next Whiteside with a 3pt shot

Jordan Mickey and all those players that were waived by Boston? many of which were once 1st rounders
I just remember BRIGGS raising his value after the NBA DRAFT GAME

Edy Tavaras *if waived by Cleveland*

Thomas Robinson *if we move Kyle O Quin*
Dante Cunningham

Joel Freeland *with Noah out*
Who last played for Portland

Shabazz *playing point forward if we move CA, could get a HUGE ROLE TO SELL HIM ON with an uptempo OFFENSE*
Alonzo Gee
Quincy Pondexter *if salary dump who is in the final year of his contract after being injured for multiple years, would be asking for a 2nd rounder though*
Derrick Williams??

wonder if Aminu would be available from Portland

Sean Kilpatrick *not sure if Nets have an option on him* but with the addition of Russell, he probably is expendable and could be on the roster bubble
There are many "combo guards and PG's that we could use in an umptempo OFFENSE
He had some solid games as starter when he was given a big role

Ty Lawson? once an ALL STAR in the Western CONFERENCE
Sessions??

Hollis Thompson *could be the next Justin Holiday*
Luc Mboute
Surprised that ex Buck Ilyasova only got a 1year deal at 7m to go to Philly while Amir Johnson got 10m

I could see Ryan Anderson being a swap for Brandon Knight or Reggie Jackson as well for some our players like Lance/Lee etc
NO 1st round picks of course though

Players that could potentially be the NEXT Whiteside, Tyler Johnson, or even just a solid bench player with upside?
Along with OLDER VETS for other reasons like Lockerroom or development for guidance in a player, or executing a style of play/philosophy for OFFENSE/DEFENSE

Ty Lawson? *could consider us if given an opportunity to fight for a starting job to prove himself once again....
It seems like the Knicks do not think he is ready to contribute and want a mentor for him

Jameer Nelson/Barton/Wilson Chandler/Faried?

once an ALL STAR and DENVER's STARTING PG
though these guys are unlikely to want to play for us if we do trade CA

Tony Allen

Matt Barnes

David Lee???

Mo Speights/ Brandon Bass
Willie Reed

if a team like Celtics or Philly offers us a package that we can not refuse with a combination of YOUNG DRAFT PICKS for KP?
Honestly he will be a RFA in 2years and to be a LEGIT Championship contender, you need 2-3 TOP 5-10 type talents, on top of a system that fits with the talent

with the way teams are stacking up, you probably need 4 ALL STARS and still many solid players

talents such as

Anthony Davis
John Wall *especially with his 3pt shot improvements*

Klay Thompson

Giannes

I just dont think we would be able to do so, so we will have to go through the DRAFT and "trust the process" as teams like The Kings, Philly now, Lakers, Twolves

were all laughing stocks of the NBA

Maybe turn it around just as Celtics were able to do so by winning HUGE on a couple of trades/pick ups, along with FINDING A GEM with a middle 1st rounder and even 2nd rounders like Draymond Green, Rudy Gobert, or Bradley,

Isiah Thomas was the last draft pick of his class

Manu/Marc Gasol were mid/late 2nd rounders
Jovic could have been drafted instead of Early
Bell could be a HUGE pickup for the 3.5m that GS bought

Klay Thompson/Giannes were both in the early teens

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/15/2017  11:37 PM
Great post. I would add Demetrius Jackson, Pierre Jackson, and Kat Barber. I think Kat or Pierre would so great with Hornacek.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/15/2017  11:59 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Great post. I would add Demetrius Jackson, Pierre Jackson, and Kat Barber. I think Kat or Pierre would so great with Hornacek.

Anthony Morrow - Can shoot, can space the floor.
Kevon Looney - Warriors just don't have the roster space/cap flexibility to hold him any longer.
John Henson - Had the Knicks not signed Hardway Jr, technically they could have signed and traded Rose for Henson. It would have been better than nothing. But that ship has passed
Mario Hezonja - My guess is the Magic are about ready to give up on this dude. He's still young, why not depending on the cost involved.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/16/2017  1:21 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Great post. I would add Demetrius Jackson, Pierre Jackson, and Kat Barber. I think Kat or Pierre would so great with Hornacek.

Kevon Looney - Warriors just don't have the roster space/cap flexibility to hold him any longer.
John Henson - Had the Knicks not signed Hardway Jr, technically they could have signed and traded Rose for Henson. It would have been better than nothing. But that ship has passed
Mario Hezonja - My guess is the Magic are about ready to give up on this dude. He's still young, why not depending on the cost involved.

I would kick MOrrow off of the list because of his age and the Knicks desire to get younger. I like Henson but the Knicks front court is over crowded all ready. He is a good guy to get on the cheap but someone left the Knicks with a clumsy roster. Hezonja might be available especially after the Simmons signing today. He could be a great get and the new gm is a fan of his game.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/16/2017  7:33 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

I would kick MOrrow off of the list because of his age and the Knicks desire to get younger. I like Henson but the Knicks front court is over crowded all ready. He is a good guy to get on the cheap but someone left the Knicks with a clumsy roster. Hezonja might be available especially after the Simmons signing today. He could be a great get and the new gm is a fan of his game.

I feel like they never gave Hezonja a chance. They drafted him and then continued to place players in front of him. I would like try and get him too but I been co signing alot of deals today lol. Can't get everyone

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
reub
Member: #6227

7/16/2017  8:56 AM
I'm available for 2 years at $9 million with a player option.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/16/2017  10:07 AM
I had Kat Barber as a top 20 pick 3 years ago. He was a little young but I think he can be a taller ish smith type
RIP Crushalot😞
some thoughts and some legit vet mins, low contracts, or even LEGIT trades that can be attainable

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy