[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gbinige, Jackson
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Posts: 54433
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
7/15/2017  1:46 PM
Gbinige is being waived by the Pistons. Celtics have to waive or guarantee D Jackson's deal today.
I've seen scant proof that a majestic aura trumps a sound plan, but maybe that's just because I wasn't looking at Phil Jackson... Seth Rosenthal 2014
AUTOADVERT
reub
Posts: 20907
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

7/15/2017  1:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Gbinige is being waived by the Pistons. Celtics have to waive or guarantee D Jackson's deal today.

"Yet even in the developmental league Jackson struggled to score efficiently averaging a fairly ineffective three-point shooting percentage of 27.5% and a pretty poor 42% from the floor."

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/6/14/15798182/boston-celtics-roster-review-demetrius-jackson-point-guards-nba-offseason-trade-rumors-2017-draft

SocraticBallin22
Posts: 23533
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/3/2015
Member: #6096

7/15/2017  6:33 PM
Jackson was just waived by the Celtics. We should immediately put a waiver claim in for him. He's only 22, was projected to be a 1st round pick in the lottery last year, was a steal for the Celtics in the 2nd round, and never had an opportunity in Boston due to their stacked roster. He is a rotation player in the league when given the chance. He fits into what we're trying to do: bring in young players with upside and develop them. Some team will claim him; it should be us.
CrushAlot
Posts: 54433
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
7/15/2017  7:50 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Jackson was just waived by the Celtics. We should immediately put a waiver claim in for him. He's only 22, was projected to be a 1st round pick in the lottery last year, was a steal for the Celtics in the 2nd round, and never had an opportunity in Boston due to their stacked roster. He is a rotation player in the league when given the chance. He fits into what we're trying to do: bring in young players with upside and develop them. Some team will claim him; it should be us.
I agree. I think Jackson would be a great pick up. I don't think the Celtics wanted to let him go.
I've seen scant proof that a majestic aura trumps a sound plan, but maybe that's just because I wasn't looking at Phil Jackson... Seth Rosenthal 2014
EnySpree
Posts: 43169
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

7/15/2017  9:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/15/2017  9:47 PM
Diamond in the rough....

Knicks should pounce on the opportunity to get this kid..... at the same time the team just drafted Frenchy and love Baker. Demetrius Jackson could pay himself into a starting job.... would be nice to get him at least into training camp

You know why I'm here....
reub
Posts: 20907
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

7/15/2017  9:53 PM
But he shot 42% in the d league and 25% from three. That's not good.
nykshaknbake
Posts: 21853
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/15/2003
Member: #492
7/15/2017  11:09 PM
reub wrote:But he shot 42% in the d league and 25% from three. That's not good.

When has poor shooting stopped us from signing a guy?

CrushAlot
Posts: 54433
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
7/18/2017  11:13 PM
I didn't realize Tyler Ennis was waived. I would include him as a guy that might be worth bringing in.
I've seen scant proof that a majestic aura trumps a sound plan, but maybe that's just because I wasn't looking at Phil Jackson... Seth Rosenthal 2014
Gbinige, Jackson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.