[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

C. Lee for Brandon Knight Trade Scenario...
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/16/2017  9:58 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Why does anyone have to mentor Frank??
Did anyone mentor Kobe Bryant or KG?

Kobe's laker teams had quite a few vets on it.

You can not win without some veteran players, and you can not develop without them as well. It's stupid to even think to even think you can.

ES
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/16/2017  11:40 AM
EnySpree wrote:Courtney Lee has been in this league a long time. He's had his opportunity really on to prove he can be a 18 shot guy. He's not. Even though he has great percentages, he's never going to be an aggressive scorer. It's not in his game.

This past year, I wonder if it was more because he was behind Melo, KP, Rose in the shot-taking department. He should be shooting more than those guys but we had a lot of sticky fingers.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
chewy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3689

7/16/2017  11:42 AM
frenchy00 wrote:

Thinking the same thing. Of course someone like Rondo could help on a 1 year deal. Outside of that mayne a vet as a backup but not even sure how that would work considering Baker should get a fair share of PG mins based just on the contract alone.

Facts throw them into the fire that's how u get better

John Starks is the greatest
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

7/16/2017  2:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Kobe's laker teams had quite a few vets on it.

You can not win without some veteran players, and you can not develop without them as well. It's stupid to even think to even think you can.

Did someone say you can win without vets on the roster?? I didn't see anyone say that so not sure what you're going on about. It doesn't have to be a PG that mentors Frank, it can be any vets on the team no matter what position they play so not sure why you or anyone would think it has to come from a PG. It would be nice to have a vet PG to help the kid but definitely doesn't have to be and also not sure why anyone thinks the kid will need any help when NOBODY has even seen the kid play an NBA game yet. The kid supposedly is very smart and has a great BBIQ so he could be just fine without a vet PG or any help.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/16/2017  6:58 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Read a good article on Knight the other day......it basically showed that he was a very good & respected young PG prior to the PHX trade.

Prior to PHX he basically played PG +90% of the time and flourished.

When he was traded to PHX he was forced to share the ball with the likes of Bledsoe/Dragic and his time at PG fell closer to the 50% level with the rest of his time moved to off the ball (SG) and he has NOT been the same since.

He could be a player that needs to know he is the guy (the PG)....he may lose his confidence off the ball and at the same time not feel like a lead guard when he's really not the lead guard. He may also shoot better off the dribble and suffer catching/shooting off the ball.

I have not watched himmuch at all the past few years but at 25 I think he had a great defensive reputation before PHX....I'd rather take an asset to gamble on a 25 year old Knight vs lose an asset for in trading for a 29 year old, often injured Bledsoe.

Maybe in NY Horny puts the ball in his hands...goes uptempo and some of this guys game comes back.

Flourished? He's been really bad every year except 2014-15. You want to play him at PG? He's probably the worst passing PG in the league. He doesn't do enough things well to make up for that. I assume if the Knicks were willing to take back Knight, a deal would be done by now. At least, I'm hoping that's the case.

His last season with the Bucks he was considered one of the top young points in basketball -- yes the 14/15 season. In 55 games prior to the trade he shot 44/41/88 (outstanding) -- he avg. 4.3 RBs, 5.4 assists and 18....plus he was a highly regarded defender.

He goes to Phoenix with a crowded backcourt and is pushed off the ball and his stats plummet...he loses confidence or interest.

I stand by my position....I'd rather receive an extra asset for 25 year old Knight vs give up an asset for 29 year old Bledsoe.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/16/2017  8:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2017  8:12 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Read a good article on Knight the other day......it basically showed that he was a very good & respected young PG prior to the PHX trade.

Prior to PHX he basically played PG +90% of the time and flourished.

When he was traded to PHX he was forced to share the ball with the likes of Bledsoe/Dragic and his time at PG fell closer to the 50% level with the rest of his time moved to off the ball (SG) and he has NOT been the same since.

He could be a player that needs to know he is the guy (the PG)....he may lose his confidence off the ball and at the same time not feel like a lead guard when he's really not the lead guard. He may also shoot better off the dribble and suffer catching/shooting off the ball.

I have not watched himmuch at all the past few years but at 25 I think he had a great defensive reputation before PHX....I'd rather take an asset to gamble on a 25 year old Knight vs lose an asset for in trading for a 29 year old, often injured Bledsoe.

Maybe in NY Horny puts the ball in his hands...goes uptempo and some of this guys game comes back.

Flourished? He's been really bad every year except 2014-15. You want to play him at PG? He's probably the worst passing PG in the league. He doesn't do enough things well to make up for that. I assume if the Knicks were willing to take back Knight, a deal would be done by now. At least, I'm hoping that's the case.

His last season with the Bucks he was considered one of the top young points in basketball -- yes the 14/15 season. In 55 games prior to the trade he shot 44/41/88 (outstanding) -- he avg. 4.3 RBs, 5.4 assists and 18....plus he was a highly regarded defender.

He goes to Phoenix with a crowded backcourt and is pushed off the ball and his stats plummet...he loses confidence or interest.

I stand by my position....I'd rather receive an extra asset for 25 year old Knight vs give up an asset for 29 year old Bledsoe.

OK but those FG% stats are obsolete now. Overall, his offensive efficiency was only mediocre. Yeah he had outstanding 3 point shooting, but his 2 point shooting (44.8%) was towards the league bottom. The FT% was excellent but that only gave them 3 points a game. His assist:to ratio was towards the bottom of the pack for PGs too. So in that "career year" his offensive rating was 105 points per 100 possessions, which is about average. Basically, when Knight is at his best, he's an average NBA player and when he's at his worst, he barely belongs in the league - at least if you value any of the common metrics.
C. Lee for Brandon Knight Trade Scenario...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy