[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj: Knicks have paused Melo trade talks.
Author Thread
Sinix
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7495

7/14/2017  1:13 PM
There's no rage, just frustration that we have to probably endure another season of our teams leader being no ball movement and not emphasis on defense. At one point he could carry the load as a top scorer in the league but even that's gone as an age 32, chronically out of shape guy.

My obsession is with the Knicks. I think your obsession is with defending Melo.

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/14/2017  1:44 PM
Sinix wrote:There's no rage, just frustration that we have to probably endure another season of our teams leader being no ball movement and not emphasis on defense. At one point he could carry the load as a top scorer in the league but even that's gone as an age 32, chronically out of shape guy.

I have a funny way of showing it given I haven't defended him. You miss the part where I agree the Knicks would be better off without him? You replied to it, you shouldn't have.

So then you agree, the Knicks have no reason NOT to hold out for a moore agreeable trade, and if they don't get it they have other means to divest themselves of him superior to taking on long-term deals from Houston or Portland that stretch into 2019-2010. right?

I know it's hard but say "yes."

It's really the only reasonable response.

Sinix

7/14/2017  1:55 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:There's no rage, just frustration that we have to probably endure another season of our teams leader being no ball movement and not emphasis on defense. At one point he could carry the load as a top scorer in the league but even that's gone as an age 32, chronically out of shape guy.

I have a funny way of showing it given I haven't defended him. You miss the part where I agree the Knicks would be better off without him? You replied to it, you shouldn't have.

So then you agree, the Knicks have no reason NOT to hold out for a moore agreeable trade, and if they don't get it they have other means to divest themselves of him superior to taking on long-term deals from Houston or Portland that stretch into 2019-2010. right?

You are clearly a melo fan boy.

Likely pulling the same thing where the Knicks say they are trying to trade him but not really. You say you want him gone but not really. All your argument points are supportive and defending him constantly. You say one thing then act the other. Kind of like Melos usual summer work out vids where he talks about defense and ball movement then we get usual melo in the regular season.

Worst case scenario is the Knicks keep melo and he keeps influencing the team the way he has the last couple years. We know he's going to get worse physically so there's not even a hope there.

knickinthehead
Member: #7517

7/14/2017  1:55 PM
I don't like all this back and forth one minute he's being traded then were not then were trading him but want Melo to be more open to trade options. either trade him or don't but don't toy with the fans.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/14/2017  2:08 PM
knickinthehead wrote:I don't like all this back and forth one minute he's being traded then were not then were trading him but want Melo to be more open to trade options. either trade him or don't but don't toy with the fans.

When exactly have the Knicks cared about fans?

RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/14/2017  2:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
knickinthehead wrote:I don't like all this back and forth one minute he's being traded then were not then were trading him but want Melo to be more open to trade options. either trade him or don't but don't toy with the fans.

Fans are at the bottom of the totem pole. I'm having my doubts about this being a reset. They are doing the Phil plan do enough to think they want to win now and couple it with a youth movement. This will guarantee just enough wins to miss out on the top picks again. Youth movement gets stunted.

They are halfassing the plan of full on rebuilding.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/14/2017  2:24 PM
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Fans are at the bottom of the totem pole. I'm having my doubts about this being a reset. They are doing the Phil plan do enough to think they want to win now and couple it with a youth movement. This will guarantee just enough wins to miss out on the top picks again. Youth movement gets stunted.

Are you basing this on the Hardaway signing, the new gm, or pausing on the Melo trade? Up until now the Knicks have not added a player over 25, haven't traded for older players or bad contracts, let Rose walk, used their remaining cap space to resign Ron Baker. I don't think there is a definitive map for a rebuild. The Knicks have not committed big money to any guys with bad injury histories or that are past 30.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/14/2017  2:32 PM
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I rely on Uconn to be my buffer team(although they have been bad for the last 3 years) Jets fan=rough Mets fan--for the most part--rough(every ten years there is some hope) Rangers fan--have been a very decent run franchise for many years sans a 7-8 yr period in early 2000. The Knicks were a great team in the 90'sbut the last twenty have been brutal and have been defined by constant roster flip over and BS which makes it worse. We have an absolute annoying owner who doesnt even try to relate to fans. You wouldve thought he would change even a little but its the same guy--impossible to root for or get behind even though most fans would if he acted even reasonably decent. No fans really care about Carmelo--look at how they turned on him--fans a little more viscous these days but its just an extension of what is. Even KP with that BS end of year --everyone behind him and he flips the bird at the fans. Really at that point I would've taken pick 3 and got an athletic player who wanted to be here without that type of sht. Fans backed up KP there--I hope he realizes that.
But overall the Knicks are good at getting people to buy tickets(or actually their demographics make them lucky) and watch their cable--and thats all they really care about

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

7/14/2017  3:08 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I rely on Uconn to be my buffer team(although they have been bad for the last 3 years) Jets fan=rough Mets fan--for the most part--rough(every ten years there is some hope) Rangers fan--have been a very decent run franchise for many years sans a 7-8 yr period in early 2000. The Knicks were a great team in the 90'sbut the last twenty have been brutal and have been defined by constant roster flip over and BS which makes it worse. We have an absolute annoying owner who doesnt even try to relate to fans. You wouldve thought he would change even a little but its the same guy--impossible to root for or get behind even though most fans would if he acted even reasonably decent. No fans really care about Carmelo--look at how they turned on him--fans a little more viscous these days but its just an extension of what is. Even KP with that BS end of year --everyone behind him and he flips the bird at the fans. Really at that point I would've taken pick 3 and got an athletic player who wanted to be here without that type of sht. Fans backed up KP there--I hope he realizes that.
But overall the Knicks are good at getting people to buy tickets(or actually their demographics make them lucky) and watch their cable--and thats all they really care about

I like basketball.

I'm not in it for a relationship with the owner, team and players.

I don't relate to them because I have no need to.

Knickoftime

7/14/2017  3:16 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Likely pulling the same thing where the Knicks say they are trying to trade him but not really. You say you want him gone but not really. All your argument points are supportive and defending him constantly. You say one thing then act the other. Kind of like Melos usual summer work out vids where he talks about defense and ball movement then we get usual melo in the regular season.

Worst case scenario is the Knicks keep melo and he keeps influencing the team the way he has the last couple years. We know he's going to get worse physically so there's not even a hope there.

See, I'm trying to discuss a KNicks issue with you and you're only capable of one Melo-centric response. It appears as if it's a vital part of how you perceive yourself.

If you want to call me a Melo fanboy who hopes he isn't on the opening night roster, I'm totally fine with that. Because I'm not fixated on a side.

I think the Knicks should use the whatever leverage available to them to try to get him motivated to move on, perhaps conceding some salary to do so.

If Houston or Cleveland doesn't come up with a more advantageous offer in the next few weeks and Melo doesn't concede, I think they should release him on the eve of training camp.

You really need to adjust your meds if you're suggesting I don't secretly mean that.

That's just weird.

Sinix

7/14/2017  3:23 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

See, I'm trying to discuss a KNicks issue with you and you're only capable of one Melo-centric response. It appears as if it's a vital part of how you perceive yourself.

If you want to call me a Melo fanboy who hopes he isn't on the opening night roster, I'm totally fine with that. Because I'm not fixated on a side.

I think the Knicks should use the whatever leverage available to them to try to get him motivated to move on, perhaps conceding some salary to do so.

If Houston or Cleveland doesn't come up with a more advantageous offer in the next few weeks and Melo doesn't concede, I think they should release him on the eve of training camp.

You really need to adjust your meds if you're suggesting I don't secretly mean that.

That's just weird.

You're a freakin weirdo dude and I've told you before I'm not interested in trying to reason with you. There's no reason why we have to take this discussion further, you know my position on you.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
7/14/2017  3:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Are you basing this on the Hardaway signing, the new gm, or pausing on the Melo trade? Up until now the Knicks have not added a player over 25, haven't traded for older players or bad contracts, let Rose walk, used their remaining cap space to resign Ron Baker. I don't think there is a definitive map for a rebuild. The Knicks have not committed big money to any guys with bad injury histories or that are past 30.

This was my biggest fear that the team would once again do the Melo appeasement. Phil wssted 2-3 years trying to appease Melo with his moves. Mills right now needs to set things straight move Melo ASAP. It's a recipe for disaster and absolute waste of time. I might be wrong on Melo appeasement might even be a KP appeasement going on now.

Mills and Perry stick to the plan or they will be on the curb in two years but it's guaranteed contract time to f around.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/14/2017  3:28 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

you bring up good points. Reason for knick pushback is we are sold the starphuch/Savior and too many fans fall for it. They get excited about a big signing like Amare or "Coming home" then when the product goes south, they try it with a coach, or President/gm.

I'd make a new thread just so you can see this one thing you said years ago about dolan to the effect of " a rotten organization starts from the head then rots on down" Forgive me that i can't remember it.
not sure you do either!!!!
That said, Dolan cares about the fan and the "MSG experience" as it relates to them as a consumer but he fails to satisfy the single important strategy of the product on the floor that has substance vs. star power.
When he fired Layden it was because the team was tired, old and boring. Not becuase we had drafted Lampe, pending cap space and draft picks. Isiah and what he did bought in a huge buzz and excitement with marbles "Coming home" and all of that. It was a huge failure.
Then Donnie comes in and we hire MDA and rebuild with a great plan to uptempo, but the roster was nothing like that and we think to clear the deck for Lebron.
INstead we leverage up for Amare and Melo.
When Dolan gets religion he does the right thing by creating the "McKinsey Autonomy" with Mills back in and in charge. He mucks it up by starphuching the process and hires Phil.
The best thing at least is except for Noah and reupping Melo we did not leverage up.
MIlls is not back in charge and we have a basketball guy in charge with Mills, who is about half a basketball guy. Yes, at least Perry answers to Mills but all basketball decisions should stop with mills if the "Mckinsey Autonomy" continues.

I can't speak for Dolan and what he cares about or not. The fan keeps coming back for more but they protest, they yell and short of revenue falling they are vocal.
I had hoped that PHil would bring a special zen to the knicks and we could build on that. Not sure all that went wrong but Im really ok with the current prez/Gm situation and hope the process can be that dolan stays away from basketball. Simple!!!

Knickoftime

7/14/2017  3:33 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

That's just weird.

You're a freakin weirdo dude and I've told you before I'm not interested in trying to reason with you. There's no reason why we have to take this discussion further, you know my position on you.

I've asked you if we could agree the Knicks have no reason not to hold out for an advantageous trade offer and if they don't get it they have several other means to divest themselves of Melo without eating into 2019-20 cap.

Because you think you're in some sort of war that doesn't exist, you couldn't let yourself say you agree to what we both know you do.

That is what it is.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/14/2017  3:33 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

This was my biggest fear that the team would once again do the Melo appeasement. Phil wssted 2-3 years trying to appease Melo with his moves. Mills right now needs to set things straight move Melo ASAP. It's a recipe for disaster and absolute waste of time. I might be wrong on Melo appeasement might even be a KP appeasement going on now.

Mills and Perry stick to the plan or they will be on the curb in two years but it's guaranteed contract time to f around.

My hope is the stalled talks are for the new regime to meet with melo and discuss it all. Not sure that does anything.
Also stops the clock on trade talks as its ok for teams to take a breath. Its somewhat evident Mills has his agenda and willing to walk away.
Walk to what? I don't know. But a respectful talk with melo with the new regime (mills if he has a different take on things can let melo and his agent know).
ALways good to not burn bridges and chill. Phil seemed to have a blow torch with him and setting ablaze KP and Melo is not smart.

Sinix

7/14/2017  3:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/14/2017  3:43 PM
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

My hope is the stalled talks are for the new regime to meet with melo and discuss it all. Not sure that does anything.
Also stops the clock on trade talks as its ok for teams to take a breath. Its somewhat evident Mills has his agenda and willing to walk away.
Walk to what? I don't know. But a respectful talk with melo with the new regime (mills if he has a different take on things can let melo and his agent know).
ALways good to not burn bridges and chill. Phil seemed to have a blow torch with him and setting ablaze KP and Melo is not smart.

Phil didn't burn bridges just to burn bridges. He was acting like the leader in a room of subordinates who believe they have the authority to make leadership decisions.

You can say it was bad for Phil to burn bridges but the alternative was to devolve into a Dolan stooge who Melo can make decisions over.

Phil wasn't wrong with how he handled Melo and KP. The Knicks rest of the front office are wrong for how they handled Phil. And this outlines why management will never work right with the Knicks and that will make it so they can never field a competent team.

These talks are time sensative and every day we don't get Melo gone, it gets harder and harder.

reub
Member: #6227

7/14/2017  3:45 PM
Now it seems that Melo wants to go and we're hesitating on it. Can he buy us out?
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

7/14/2017  4:41 PM
aint this a nice power play to get more? i agree hold out, play him despite what the media says teams know exactly what he is good for and the teams that want him still want him; but why play by their rules trade him today trade him by the deadline just get the most for him
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/14/2017  4:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/14/2017  5:00 PM

Don't worry. No way in hell that he is goimg to stay.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/14/2017  5:22 PM
Im pretty positive melo will be a Rocket sometime soon. I think they wanted to give the new GM a chance to work on the trade. Im guessing mills wasnt happy with the return so now our new GM will work on it
Woj: Knicks have paused Melo trade talks.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy