[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj: Knicks have paused Melo trade talks.
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/13/2017  11:43 PM
Scott Perry be like....

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
SugarRay
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5639

7/13/2017  11:45 PM
I need Houston's 2020 first rounder, or he stays. This is no time to get shafted, especially by that prick Morey.
And screw the rest of the league as it's always been us against the world, with NY being universally hated by every other US city with their pathetic inferiority complexes.
It seems like everyone throws picks around, but you'll lose your membership to the "we silently resent/hate NY club" if one finds it's way to the Knicks in any deal.
Obviously I'm venting, but no pick, no deal. F**k Houston, F**k everyone.
reub
Member: #6227

7/13/2017  11:50 PM
Guess who's the second worst defensive SF in the league. Hint: It rhymes with jello.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2697532-nba-metrics-101-the-worst-5-defenders-at-every-position
Sinix
Member: #7495

7/13/2017  11:53 PM
Getting rid of Melo is a deal in of itself. He's a no defense, no ball movement cancer. He screams at the young players for praising the teams game plan in public when it serves his personal agenda. He's going to soak up shots he has no business taking from our young players. He's going to kill any sort of new culture we want to bring with his ugly selfish play style. If teams believe we have some sense of urgency to trade Melo, they are correct. Failure to lose Melo before the season starts will be a major failing.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/14/2017  12:06 AM
This is a good good move by the Knicks. But only good if the real intent is to move him. Bringing him back is absolutely disaster for the future of the Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/14/2017  12:13 AM
Vmart wrote:This is a good good move by the Knicks. But only good if the real intent is to move him. Bringing him back is absolutely disaster for the future of the Knicks.

Did you use the word "Knicks" and "good move" in the same sentence lol No way by knows what they're doing here. This is the Chauncey Billups amnesty all over again. Don't try to connect any dots. It's like trying to make sense of a paranoid schizophrenic's journal.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
7/14/2017  12:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/14/2017  12:20 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Vmart wrote:This is a good good move by the Knicks. But only good if the real intent is to move him. Bringing him back is absolutely disaster for the future of the Knicks.

Did you use the word "Knicks" and "good move" in the same sentence lol No way by knows what they're doing here. This is the Chauncey Billups amnesty all over again. Don't try to connect any dots. It's like trying to make sense of a paranoid schizophrenic's journal.

Melo is already in Houston and the Rockets player say all the right things about Melo but secretly I'm sure they don't want him. I know for a fact MDA definitely doesn't want him. Next still up Cleveland.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/14/2017  1:17 AM
reub wrote:Guess who's the second worst defensive SF in the league. Hint: It rhymes with jello.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2697532-nba-metrics-101-the-worst-5-defenders-at-every-position

Guess who doesn't know or care?

The Houston Rockets.

stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

7/14/2017  1:45 AM
SugarRay wrote:I need Houston's 2020 first rounder, or he stays. This is no time to get shafted, especially by that prick Morey.
And screw the rest of the league as it's always been us against the world, with NY being universally hated by every other US city with their pathetic inferiority complexes.
It seems like everyone throws picks around, but you'll lose your membership to the "we silently resent/hate NY club" if one finds it's way to the Knicks in any deal.
Obviously I'm venting, but no pick, no deal. F**k Houston, F**k everyone.

Preach it!

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/14/2017  2:09 AM
Vmart wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Melo is already in Houston and the Rockets player say all the right things about Melo but secretly I'm sure they don't want him. I know for a fact MDA definitely doesn't want him. Next still up Cleveland.

You know MDA personally? I'm pretty sure Chris Paul wants to play ball with him...

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

7/14/2017  2:24 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Smart move IMO -- let the new come in and assess the overall situation.

Consider keeping Melo which in turn could create some leverage with Houston. Maybe new guy gets Cleveland angle going...maybe we get better value at trade deadline.

Worst case scenario...we hold Melo..add Rondo (for Lee) and we play out the first half of season.

I think this is just a smart move given new guy who could have a different approach or an ability to create different trade concept.

Zero sum move, IMHO.

Knicks are trying to spin the narrative here, but it's just wasting time for everyone involved. They don't want to take back a bad contract in any deal for Melo. Melo has a NTC and won't go to a gutted team. His salary and kicker are so much that it's impossible to basically not take back at least one bad long term deal in any trade.

By saying they are "pausing", it's a soft way to admit that every other non Knicks team is simply waiting for the Knicks to come to terms that they are going to have to take at least one bad contract in a trade. While the Knicks are heeing and hawing, there are still free agents out there, and wasting time for these non Knicks franchises is costing them opportunity. It does nothing to bode well for future trade negotiations for the Knicks down the road.

If the Knicks don't want to take back a bad contract, they odds are not going to trade Melo. Clearly the D'Antoni situation is a hurdle as well in Houston. Melo will then proceed to walk into the season, dog it, hammer the Knicks in the press with Leon Rose, be disruptive, and try to force the Knicks to buy him out. The non Knicks teams are waiting for the Knicks to terms with this - Get something, anything, now, or have this toxic player poison your roster until you are happy to buy him out and we can sign him for the minimum.

This is not surgery, it's triage. The longer the Knicks wait, the harder this all gets for them. Just take Ryan Anderson. Yes it's got some issues in terms of the team, but this is not about ideal situations, it's about damage control.

There is no ideal situation here. It's likely one trade, which is a push/pull for the Knicks, or no trade at all.

Knicks have no leverage. You can't have what was never yours to start. As time goes on, it simply gets worse for any prospects to get back anything at all in a trade.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/14/2017  6:14 AM
Sinix wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:As I keep saying, you keep him till trade deadline, when his value will be at higher, as he may open up more possible teams he would go to. Knowing He would be a playoff rental and could always opt out if he does not like the destination. We get more options and a higher return.

Or this could be just a pause for Perry's ok, prior to pulling trigger.

Less moves happen at the deadline than now. In off season it's easier to make moves. This team is building around a 32 year old Melo for the long haul. No defense no ball movement no cap room.

I don't see how people can lay hope in us being able to assemble another z4 team trade after the season starts. I think it's very hard.

At some point, you either hope we keep melo and hope he opts out next summer, or if we trade him, whatever long term deals come back can be moved without us giving up value to do so.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/14/2017  6:18 AM
Ha. How times have changed.
According to latest article, Melo wants out, and NY is now happy to keep him.
If this is a ploy to get more in trade talk, that would be great.
If you want to keep a disgruntled Melo that wants to move on, ****, that will not be pretty.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/14/2017  6:33 AM
reub wrote:We've got a below average basketball player who won't play defense or run the coach's plays and we pay him $26 million dollars a year. He's getting old on a rebuilding team and some here actually think that we should keep him? His contract for his level of play is worse than Anderson's or Leonard's.

Yes, some people are salivating over completely made up conjecture that this same below average player will now be more valuable because we have a new guy in the front office. The same player who couldn't fetch Austin Rivers at a trade deadline will now have more value in a faster paced offense when he clearly wants to slow everything down.

The more things change, the more they remain the same. Only in NY, baby.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

7/14/2017  6:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/14/2017  7:13 AM
stanleybostitch wrote:Nice first move Scott Perry. What does this accomplish?

1. Establishes Perry's authority
2. Gives Melo a chance to come back - on the Knicks' team-first terms
3. Shows KP that they're trying to work with his buddy Melo
4. Makes HOU sweat it out so they sweeten the pot
5. Begins to shift the narrative of Knicks-as-laughingstock

Zero downside. Well played sir!

Bringing Melo back is maximum downside. We have already seen the impact his presence had on young players. And then he will get hurt playing his fukking hero ball, plus he still had the NTC. I have no idea if the guy is posturing for more return or truly bringing this grade A loser back, but I have zero confidence in the Knicks having the smarts to do the right thing.

meloshouldgo

7/14/2017  7:07 AM
TheGame wrote:If there was a good trade to be had with clev or Houston the Knicks would have already done it. Hold on the Anthony, develop the young guys and trade him at the deadline if a decent deal comes up. I honestly think Melo will opt out next summer. It is better to try Nd get a long term deal when you are 34 as opposed to being 35.

You honestly think Melo will walk away from money? ROTFLMAO

meloshouldgo

7/14/2017  7:12 AM

Agree on the part about bringing him back. The problem is we have no idea what they are trying to do and what if anything is the long term thinking. We do know given our front office and their record over the last 20 years, the default assumption is that they are about fukk this up. I think there's a fairly low possibility that something good comes out of this.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
7/14/2017  7:12 AM
I suspect we were going to be taking long bad contracts and or surrendering picks. Good on Perry if he stopped this.
meloshouldgo

7/14/2017  7:15 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:I suspect we were going to be taking long bad contracts and or surrendering picks. Good on Perry if he stopped this.

Yes, keep making stuff up to create a position.

Ira
Member: #91
7/14/2017  7:24 AM
My problems with keeping Melo are first, he's not a great player anymore and will get worse. Second, he's not a great fit. On offense, he plays isolation basketball and slows the teams ball movement whenever the ball comes to him. On defense - well he doesn't play much defense.
Woj: Knicks have paused Melo trade talks.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy