[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/10/2017  6:40 PM
reub wrote:Either Harden is correct or things are still very "fluid".
Where?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

7/10/2017  6:59 PM
EnySpree wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:There are a number of complicating factors in any trade with Houston. One is that they are hard capped at $125,266,00 because they used the full MLE to sign PJ Tucker and Zhou Qi. They currently have $108,371,83 in committed salaries for 10 players.

The other is the fact that Carmelo has a 15% trade kicker, which because 2018-19 is a player option causes the entire trade kicker amount to be applied to the 2017-18 salary ($8,125,785+$26,24,760 = $34,369,545). If the status quo remains then Houston would need to send out at least $27,415,636 in salaries). If Melo opts in for 2018-19, then his salary for trade purposes is $30,180,324. Houston would then need to send out $24,064,259 in salaries. Carmelo could also choose to waive all or a part of his trade kicker. In the situation where Melo waives his entire trade kicker, Houston would only need to send out $20,915,008 in salaries.

I can see a scenario where Carmelo opts in and waives a portion of his trade kicker to make the trade work - he'll have to as there are only two contracts Houston can trade without meaningfully impacting their team success (Ryan Anderson and Chinanu Onuaku). Houston would also need to guarantee one of its NG contracts to include in the trade (maybe Shawn Long and/or Cameron Oliver)

I think for Portland to be interested in taking on Ryan Anderson, they would want to offload at least one bad contract (Meyers Leonard would be my guess) and some or all of their expiring contracts (Jake Layman, Shabazz Napier, Noah Vonleh would be my guess as they still want to be competitive).

So my guess on how this trade goes down if it goes down:

Melo waives his trade kicker to facilitate the trade

Houston get Carmelo
Portland get Ryan Anderson, Shawn Long (NG), Houston 2020 1st round pick
NYK get Mo Harkless, Meyers Leonard, Jake Layman, Shabazz Napier, Cameron Oliver, Portland 2018 1st round pick

In this scenario, all parties get most if not all that they want. The NYK get younger and more athletic, they get a rotation player and a couple of picks(Cameron Oliver and a future first). Portland gets a PF upgrade and some luxury tax relief. Houston gets the best player in the deal (Melo)

Great contribution!

Yeah, thanks for posting. Great breakdown

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
reub
Member: #6227

7/10/2017  7:42 PM
Very, very fluid.
reub

7/10/2017  7:48 PM
Andrew wrote:
Where?

BigWos tweeted it. I'm not sure who that is. Nene just posted something too on Instagram.
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/10/2017  7:51 PM
ccinflushing wrote:There are a number of complicating factors in any trade with Houston. One is that they are hard capped at $125,266,00 because they used the full MLE to sign PJ Tucker and Zhou Qi. They currently have $108,371,83 in committed salaries for 10 players.

The other is the fact that Carmelo has a 15% trade kicker, which because 2018-19 is a player option causes the entire trade kicker amount to be applied to the 2017-18 salary ($8,125,785+$26,24,760 = $34,369,545). If the status quo remains then Houston would need to send out at least $27,415,636 in salaries). If Melo opts in for 2018-19, then his salary for trade purposes is $30,180,324. Houston would then need to send out $24,064,259 in salaries. Carmelo could also choose to waive all or a part of his trade kicker. In the situation where Melo waives his entire trade kicker, Houston would only need to send out $20,915,008 in salaries.

I can see a scenario where Carmelo opts in and waives a portion of his trade kicker to make the trade work - he'll have to as there are only two contracts Houston can trade without meaningfully impacting their team success (Ryan Anderson and Chinanu Onuaku). Houston would also need to guarantee one of its NG contracts to include in the trade (maybe Shawn Long and/or Cameron Oliver)

I think for Portland to be interested in taking on Ryan Anderson, they would want to offload at least one bad contract (Meyers Leonard would be my guess) and some or all of their expiring contracts (Jake Layman, Shabazz Napier, Noah Vonleh would be my guess as they still want to be competitive).

So my guess on how this trade goes down if it goes down:

Melo waives his trade kicker to facilitate the trade

Houston get Carmelo
Portland get Ryan Anderson, Shawn Long (NG), Houston 2020 1st round pick
NYK get Mo Harkless, Meyers Leonard, Jake Layman, Shabazz Napier, Cameron Oliver, Portland 2018 1st round pick

In this scenario, all parties get most if not all that they want. The NYK get younger and more athletic, they get a rotation player and a couple of picks(Cameron Oliver and a future first). Portland gets a PF upgrade and some luxury tax relief. Houston gets the best player in the deal (Melo)

Thank you. Very thought out and intriguing

(5)(5)
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/10/2017  8:25 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:Portland gets a PF upgrade and some luxury tax relief.

No, they don't.

After that great post you want to comment only on this part?

Yes.

I have no doubts Melo will waive the kicker, but the entire premise is still Portland being really, really hot to add Ryan Anderson, and that's hard to imagine, and a deal would have possibly been reached already if that wasn't a hold-up.

i dont get why everyone hates Anderson his advanced stats are very good

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/10/2017  8:28 PM
reub wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Where?

BigWos tweeted it. I'm not sure who that is. Nene just posted something too on Instagram.

Nene on Melo in March.

Nene: “Yeah he is simply the best down there, but he is just too selfish, he can’t make his teammates better, if he did that he could’ve been the best in the league. Oh, and if he played defense… Because he knows how to guard people, i played with him for 8 years, so i know…”

Nene on Melo in June.

Nene: Wow 😳 he will look Great on this uniform 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾🙏🏾🚀🏀 and I can’t wait to get back on old Time like in Denver with him … did u guys remember??? 😂😂😂 YouTube 😂
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
7/10/2017  8:30 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

No, they don't.

Yes.

I have no doubts Melo will waive the kicker, but the entire premise is still Portland being really, really hot to add Ryan Anderson, and that's hard to imagine, and a deal would have possibly been reached already if that wasn't a hold-up.

I don't either. I think they just don't want to add an extra year of salary onto the cap, but he's probably better than the FAs we can get anyway. If we got him and draft picks, that would be really hard to turn down.
reub

7/10/2017  8:33 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

No, they don't.

Yes.

I don't either. I think they just don't want to add an extra year of salary onto the cap, but he's probably better than the FAs we can get anyway. If we got him and draft picks, that would be really hard to turn down.

His defense is pitiful. So is his rebounding.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/10/2017  8:33 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

No, they don't.

Yes.

He plays the same position as KP. Or your forced to play KP at Center. He is also 29 and could possibly decline within the next 3 years.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/10/2017  8:39 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

No, they don't.

Yes.

He plays the same position as KP. Or your forced to play KP at Center. He is also 29 and could possibly decline within the next 3 years.

Yeah KP is a poor rebounder if we play him at Center we need someone that can grab 10 at PF. Peoplesay Anderson can't defend but he is still a net positive

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
7/10/2017  9:01 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

No, they don't.

Yes.

You're right. I thought he was shorter and played both forward spots.
reub

7/10/2017  9:09 PM
Anderson fits with the Blazers, not with us.
reub

7/10/2017  9:10 PM
@DreamShakeSBN
I (@ethanrothstein) was sitting right in front of Woj, overheard him say a Melo deal is likely tonight. FWIW.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/10/2017  9:11 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

No, they don't.

Yes.

Is his position still really a question? Nearly every team in the league would already have KP at center. Why limit him to chasing stretch 4s/converted 3s around the perimeter when he's already one of the best rim protectors in the league and a nightmare matchup at center on offense?

meloshouldgo

7/10/2017  9:11 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

No, they don't.

Yes.

Because the stretch 5 concept hasn't produced results. You need rim protection on defense and rebounding on both sides as well. KP and Anderson together would make a poor rebounding front court. He had 40 games with less than 5 rebounds. Especially ORB would be non existent.

meloshouldgo

7/10/2017  9:16 PM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

No, they don't.

Yes.

Is his position still really a question? Nearly every team in the league would already have KP at center. Why limit him to chasing stretch 4s/converted 3s around the perimeter when he's already one of the best rim protectors in the league and a nightmare matchup at center on offense?

I think he should play interior defense so play the 5 on D, I want him to play the 4 on offense. He and Willy can actually complement each other nicely if they switch roles on the two sides. We saw this a little bit just need tit with more discipline. KP is a top 5 rim protector also a good outside shooter - need to maximize BOTH strengths.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/10/2017  9:23 PM
What is holding this trade up? Players on both teams were made aware the trade is happening. The lower level media guys are all reporting the trade us done. So why not even a peep from any of the larger media groups? This is very bizzare
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
meloshouldgo

7/10/2017  9:26 PM
EnySpree wrote:What is holding this trade up? Players on both teams were made aware the trade is happening. The lower level media guys are all reporting the trade us done. So why not even a peep from any of the larger media groups? This is very bizzare

Maybe Melo changed his mind- wouldn't surprise me. Or hopefully the Knicks are holding out for a better pick or something?

blkexec
Member: #748
7/10/2017  9:40 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:What is holding this trade up? Players on both teams were made aware the trade is happening. The lower level media guys are all reporting the trade us done. So why not even a peep from any of the larger media groups? This is very bizzare

Maybe Melo changed his mind- wouldn't surprise me. Or hopefully the Knicks are holding out for a better pick or something?

Melo and THj are BFFs

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy